Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. (24913 Views)

Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by shogotermies(m): 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
gbaskiboy:
You are in order that was home remedy my neighbor did when her daughter has Jaundice. It works perfectly for her

I guess it's not dumb then
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by VaginaMiners: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
FireUpNow:

Killer you say. Don't say want you don't know. I am talking from experience. How many kids have you nurtured in your life?
Hundreds of kids bros grin grin. I nurture children for a living . Go figure !
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by mabea: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
lomprico:
Home remedies? undecided Doctors advice? undecided

If anything happens to that child you are responsible for it. So if you take him/her to the hospital for proper care will you die? angry

And you're here seeking for more home remedies from nairalanders. SMH
You're not serious. You think hospital has answer for all health challenges.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by holluwizzy: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
So nairaland is now a clinic or hospital.

Don't worry, wait for answer here.

If anything happens to that baby, it's in ur hands.

Very irresponsible mother.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Onyema1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please take the baby to the hospital and do phototherapy for 3 to 4 days, 5 hours everyday. Before then, carryout a bilirubin test to know the level. Anything above 16MG is not good. The photo therapy will drastically reduce it to about 5 to 8mg, then you feed the child very well, and you are good. I am currently doing phototherapy for my 7 days old baby. Don't wait or use local stuff that may cause more harm to the baby. the Bilirubin test is just 3k in Enugu, and the phototherapy costs about 8k a day.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by shogotermies(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
wunmi590:

Baba what you stated up there is not dumb, you just said the real fact...

It happened to my daughter, that what exactly what I did and it cured her, baby is now 1.6month enjoying her life

Wow. It's not dumb then. You know a lot of Nigerians don't trust natural medicine anylonger
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Neoteny7: 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
That doctor ought to be shot for telling you to dry out your kid like some soggy rag.

You also ought to be flogged for trying quack "home" remedies thereby further endangering your child.

Go to a proper hospital and see a real doctor.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by uchechukwu286: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
kindly follow the procedure as stated
Step 1. get unripe pawpaw (strong green one)
Step 2. wash it well and peel
Step 3. Cut it small small
Step 4. get bottle of clean eva water and put the pieces of pawpaw inside it
Step 5. allow it to stay for about 2 hours
Step 6. give the baby a spoon or 5ml of the liquid morning, afternoon and night.
Step 7. let the baby's mother drink from it as well.
Step 8. do a fresh one every two days and administer as prescribe
Step 9. go and thank God Almighty on Sunday for healing your baby.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by bekpo(m): 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
My friend, take that child to d teaching hospital immediately. Do u want 2 kill that child? What do u mean by home remedy? Which medical Doctor will adviced u on early morning sun and u believe him?
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by FireUpNow(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
VaginaMiners:

Hundreds of kids bros grin grin. I nurture children for a living . Go figure !
bros I nor put gun for the op head to take my advice. It is a suggestion so it is left for the OP to take it or leave it. I am not a killer. Why am I even taking pain killers for another man's headache? The OP can go to the hospital for Phototherapy treatment if the money is there
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Amaris2020: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
The jaundice don't kill a child but it's a very stressfully procedure.
Get an unriped pawpaw. Soak inside an Eva water bottle (clean water) wash the unriped pawpaw very well. After 48hrs give the child a baby spoon (2-3) every 8hrs. Ensure you feed the baby with breast milk as much as you can. This will help keep the baby nourished and adequately hydrated. Get sugarcane and extract the water , just a little drop. Early morning Sun ray will also be helpful. I hope it helps.
I have been through it and I know how you feel presently.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by robosky02(m): 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Home remedies to cure jaundice

Natural Sunlight
When infants are diagnosed with Jaundice, apart from phototherapy, doctors recommend exposing them to sunlight as it is beneficial.

2. Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane juice helps in strengthening the liver and aids in its proper functioning. Have a glass daily till your jaundice improves.

3. Goat’s Milk
At par with cow’s milk regarding nutrients, goat’s milk is easy to digest and is suitable for infants and adults alike. Goat’s milk also has useful antibodies that help in curing jaundice.

4. Green Grapes’ Juice
Juice of green grapes helps in improving the liver functioning. It balances the serum bilirubin levels and cures jaundice.

5. Ginger
Ginger has excellent antioxidative properties. It is also hypolipidemic so it helps the liver. Have in the form of ginger tea for best results.

6. Garlic
Garlic is a powerful antioxidant. This helps with liver detoxification and thus contributes to curing jaundice. Know more about the health benefits of garlic.

7. Lemon
Lemon juice helps in unblocking the bile ducts as it has antioxidant properties. Also, it enhances immunity and stops further damage to the liver.

8. Yogurt
The probiotics in yogurt help improve immunity. It brings down levels of serum bilirubin and offers protection against harmful bacteria. Have a bowl of curd daily to cure your jaundice. Read more on the health benefits of yogurt.

9. Tomatoes
Lycopene, a compound found in tomatoes, is a potent antioxidant. This helps with detoxification of the liver and curing of jaundice. Make a juice of boiled tomatoes and have a glass daily.

10. Amla
Amla is rich in vitamin C and other essential nutrients that help in combating jaundice. It improves liver functioning and helps balance the serum bilirubin levels. Boil amlas, make a paste and mix this with water and honey and have daily.

Read More: 7 Health Benefits of Amla

11. Tulsi
Tulsi or holy basil is perfect for the liver as it has hepatoprotective properties. It improves immunity and fights off infections. Boil Tulsi leaves in water and have this daily. Know more about the health benefits of tulsi.

12. Papaya Leaves
Papaya leaves are rich in papain enzymes that support digestion and improve liver health. Grind the leaves and strain to get the juice. Have a tablespoon daily.

Before using any home remedy, consult with your doctor. With regular medications and home remedies, you would be able to combat jaundice more effectively.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by harmony75: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bring your baby out to early morning sun for 10mins or so I believe you must have asked the nurses for help by now!
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Commander93: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
Cut unripe papaya and some it overnight and be giving it to the baby. I used it and it worked

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by zinaunreal(m): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
It will pass, its neo natal jaundice . Do what doctor says don't expect him to get cured overnight

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Beremx(f): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
we have gone to the hospital, and the doctor said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily with i'am doing.
get unripe pawpaw. The very green one that has no tendency of getting ripe. Cut and soak in water for two days. Give the child three times a day to drink. It’s very effective in treating jaundice

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
Good morning nairalanders.

my new baby is being affected by jaundice, and all home remedies i've tried didn't work.

i've gone to the hospital to see a doctor, he said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily, but it's not working either.

please i need help on how to cure and get rid of it so my baby can feel better.

whatever suggestion you give will be useful and will go along way, thanks.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks
Be drinking paw paw water so that the baby can suck it from your breast. You can use it to bath the baby also.
Also stop wearing yellow cloths for yourself or the baby. Start treatment now.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by lwisee: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
mabea:
You're not serious. You think hospital has answer for all health challenges.

honestly they dont
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Beremx(f): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
Amaris2020:
The jaundice don't kill a child but it's a very stressfully procedure.
Get an unriped pawpaw. Soak inside an Eva water bottle (clean water) wash the unriped pawpaw very well. After 48hrs give the child a baby spoon (2-3) every 8hrs. Ensure you feed the baby with breast milk as much as you can. This will help keep the baby nourished and adequately hydrated. Get sugarcane and extract the water , just a little drop. Early morning Sun ray will also be helpful. I hope it helps.
I have been through it and I know how you feel presently.
severe jaundice is fatal.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by lukmammy(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
I believe your baby will be fine ok. Cases like this are more of inability to pay additional hospital bills and trust me, the more you stay in the hospital the unthinkably accumulated your bills. But before there was corn, bird ate something hence, the indigenous knowledge of our fathers. My 3 children all had jaundice at birth and we didn't stay extra day in the hospital for it to subdue. We used the indigenous knowledge of our forefathers.

If it is not too much and you can see it all over the baby's body, as instructed put him/her under the early morning sun. You should also go to 'alagbo' to buy 'EEPO YAANI and EEPO AHUN'. Soak in water, use it to bath and put droplets in his/her mouth. Will be ok bfr you know it. But if it is so much you should take him/her to the ALAGBO, they have few other things they add to it
Singlelover:

my new baby is being affected by jaundice, and all home remedies i've tried didn't work.

i've gone to the hospital to see a doctor, he said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily, but it's not working either.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by donrexhibites(m): 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nigerians will call everything in a white coat doctor. Go to a proper hospital Biko.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Ojojoshua15(m): 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2022
Kindly take the baby to a good hospital and let the baby be under phototherapy. It will surely God.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Mokason288(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Quickly remove all the canfor in your house please

For your baby sake

And thank me later
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by crixlight2(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Please don’t panic , get unripe pawpaw dice it inside water give small to the baby and the mother should be drinking it as well , continue with the sun thing as well , it work like magic for my two kids
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Ok12345(f): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
Get unripe pawpaw
Soak it in water for 3 days
Give d baby 2 teaspoonful in the morning and Night
You should also drink out of it so your baby can suck it through breast milk.

In a week to 10 days time,the jaundice will clear off.

I'm speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by bolademi(m): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
If you are at island in lagos go to maternal and child Centre by Abraham Adesanya
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by avrilwisedata: 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Was the child given birth to at a midwife's place instead of a hospital? Because a hospital should have checked the child bilirubin levels after birth to place the child in some phototherapy sessions.

The hospital is your best bet.

Delay is dangerous... The earlier the better!
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by NeroPapas(m): 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
shogotermies:

I was in ile-ife when my uncle's wife gave birth. When we got home, we realized he has jaundice. The solutions which grandma recommended, although she was a nurse but she used a combination of some home made solutions
1. You allow your baby get a glimpse of the morning sun, that one around 8 to 10am filled with VIT D, not the crazy sunrays in the afternoon oo
2. You get unripe papaya, you wash it well, you slice it with the bark, endocarp and seeds in it, and soak in water. The baby takes a teaspoon morning and night and the mom take a quarter cup of it daily.
3. To clear the yellow eyes, the mom would occasionally sprinkle her breast milk into his eyes.

I know these maybe dumb, but it was something I witnessed and it worked.
Please trying it is at your own risk and insult. But it works.

Baba we don't need to try at our own risk, we try at our confidence grin grin

MY son had it and that's excalty what we used!
My son was born with it. The hospital wanted to start turning me knowing they can't run the test so they refer me elsewhere to do the test and come back. I did the test, and never returned to them cos they wanted to put me in panic mode!

I used the above remedies. Early morning sun. Unripe ibepe grin(pawpaw) & omi oyan (breastmilk) for the eyes. Another thing that was a plus was my baby had a good appetite so he was drinking brezzmeek grin per sec.
The test here in Port Harcourt is 5k and phototherapy is 12-15k daily.
So OP, get the test done then follow whichever method you want to use.
All the best cool
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Damaski: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Pls call this number urgently or what's app me 08056003865

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks [/quote]
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Gee64: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Two of my babies had it. But they were alright when I did this too. But the other things g added was that I gave the babies glucose with vitamin D. Aylesbury's. But if the situation didn't improve, please let the doctor do blood replacement.
Singlelover:
we have gone to the hospital, and the doctor said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily with i'am doing.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by ejimatic: 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
. That is the remedy. Let it be longer than 15 minutes.It is treatable. Rest assured

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / How Do You Tell Your First Wife You Married Another Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.