Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. (25078 Views)

Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Jefferyhi86(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
Look for a mango tree cut d fresh part of the tree and get the green unripe part of pawpaw n boil them together, give the pikin drink. For three days after then dispose the stuff, thk me later
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by dreamtech3636(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
Run go get unripe pawpaw and garlic soak am
For two days
Then give am make him drink

Or

Carry am go any agbo mama place make them treatment am for u

Call me anytime

Ebonyi 09092641999
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Shagamoni(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
Take your baby to a paediatric hospital managed by paediatricians
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by agboghai: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Most times, the traditional remedy for jaundice is what my mum used for my kids. As funny as it may seem, Mum C dey use blue OMO and bitter leaf dey bath my kids when them get am, and e dey burn the jaundice within 1 week. After the bathing, she go put the baby for morning sun. Mama, may your days be long. Amen.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by AncientGuy: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
we have gone to the hospital, and the doctor said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily with i'am doing.
May your child receive divine healing in Jesus name. Amen
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Machiny: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
VaginaMiners:

Please don't listen to this guy oooo
Take your baby to a proper hospital
all I want is for her baby to be OK. Weda she gets d solution from d hospital Glory be to God. She asked for a home solution that's why I wanted to assist in my little way
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Ubongdemaga: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
Better take ur child to any teaching hospital around u. If this case is severe the child will need full blood transfusion. It happen to my son 2015. Phototherapy light did not work or other medications. It was blood transfusion that saved him. What u r gambling today may turn out a regret for u. It can damaga ur child's brain. The more u delay d more harm it will done on ur child's brain. Be wise
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by samkkonline: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
Sorry about that, I will only advice you to be consistent with that early morning sun, because my son too encountered same but only one week + placing him under the early morning sun solved the challenge. Take care
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lamanii22(f): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
VaginaMiners:

Don't listen to this woman please.
They want to kill your baby
it is what I have used before, I can sue you for the word "kill"... If it didn't work for me I would not have recommended it... Didn't even check your moniker, I can call the cops on you immediately for mining female vagina.....
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Adedotun13(m): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
You can get herbs to cure it, it works very well, you can quote me if you want me to give you some hint about it, it affected my sister baby last year but we were able to conquer it with herbs, you bath the baby with herbs and some other things
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by lampi: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
Rush now and check ur rhesus factor group. ur baby might be suffering from erythroblastosis fetalis
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lhorde(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
Good morning nairalanders.

my new baby is being affected by jaundice, and all home remedies i've tried didn't work.

i've gone to the hospital to see a doctor, he said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily, but it's not working either.

please i need help on how to cure and get rid of it so my baby can feel better.

whatever suggestion you give will be useful and will go along way, thanks.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks

I saw this and I hope it helps
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/jaundice-in-babies
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by pappy4real(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
If you're in Lagos, take that child to Inton paediatric hospital Ogba fast fast
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Mikesol: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
In our case, the baby had to undergo blood transfusion
After the hospital machine failed, they suggested blood transfusion and he was ok
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by cocomi2022: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Try and soak unripe pawpaw in a clean water, give the in small small quantity to drink or on the alternative please in a very clean environment look for red ginger peel it then soak the tuber in clean hot water allow to cool b4 giving to the baby in drops.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Natajo2021: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
You are a bad example of what a parent should be. Remember, a parent does not necessarily meant a person who gave birth to a child, but someone who take care of a child by providing basic needs of life, including medical and health need.
In this regard, you failed by bringing the health need of your child to a public forum.
Tarry now and take the innocent baby to the nearest registered hospital before I instruct Amadiora to visit you.
Joke apart, take the innocent child to a qualified doctor.
If you don't have money, we will be willing to assist the innocent child. Just make your account digits available.
Cheers
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by adspelite(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

my new baby is being affected by jaundice, and all home remedies i've tried didn't work.

i've gone to the hospital to see a doctor, he said i should be placing him under the early morning sun for about 15 minutes daily, but it's not working either.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks
It's not early morning sun. What the doctor said or may be saying is you should place your child under dew, around 5:30am to 6:00am daily.
My mum did it to my little niece when she was diagnosed with same illness and all went well.
Wishing your baby quick recovery.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by dangoteinlaw: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
Quack doctors everywhere
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Realestatevixen: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
Omotakins:
Your baby needs very urgent medical attention. If at three weeks, jaundice is not decreasing in percentage, it's a critical matter. Forget home remedies at this point. Look for money anyhow and anyway you can to treat your baby in the hospital if money is the constraint. There's a likelihood he will need blood transfusion and intense phototherapic procedure. I beg you, don't jeopardize your child's life and live with eternal regret. He will need lots of breastfeeding also. Take this from a father whose 3 children had jaundice at birth.

Singlelover please take this advice with speed of light. 3 weeks is too long already. My last baby had jaundice too. She started phototherapy when she was 4 days old. Please rush to the hospital immediately

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Cutehector(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2022
Online doctors with no tangible solution.. Mchew
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by johnflo(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
I am moved to contribute my part to make sure your innocent baby does not become incapacitated for something he/she knows nothing about.
I am naturally social media-aversed (I rarely comment, due to personal reasons) , but this is one of the exceptions where I often break my rules. I don't want your baby to suffer the consequence of untreated/maltreated jaundice which include athetoid cerebral palsy, hearing loss, bad vision, and worse off intellectual disabilities.
From the earlier comments, I have read a lot of wonderful counsels from loving fathers and mothers who have witnessed or experienced these before. At this point, I would not condemn any of the advice given, but I would give my honest advice based on my personal experience too then you can decide.
My son was delivered strong, bouncing (5kg) and almost health (I said almost because he too was diagnosed of jaundice immediately after birth in one of the popular private hospitals in Lagos, that was the only health issue). He was immediately placed under Pediatrician care 24/7 (he was being checked twice daily by consultant Pediatrician).
As others said, they were only checking for his bilirubin blood level on a daily basis, it was not supposed to go outside of a certain level and we were told if the level does not become normal after 7 days of treatment, I would need to give him blood (blood transfusion), to make sure the billrubin is controlled otherwise, our baby might suffer the consequence. I was lucky to be surrounded by trained Medical Doctors and Pharmacists in my family and they gave me stern warning not to
discharge the baby against the Pediatrist advice. My wife was on hospital bed recovering from delivery while our baby boy was undergoing phototherapy for jaundice, I was hardly able to control my emotions seeing my son constantly blindfolded and placed under some controlled phototherapy glass cubicle 24/7 for more than 7 days. The only time we remove him is for his mother to breastfeed him and for Pediatrists check and blood tests. I wept daily, not because I could not afford the treatment, or because I can’t donate blood for my son but because I don’t want him to have any health issue, and I wouldn’t want my wife 9month great effort and courage to be in vain.
To make the matters worse, across our room is another jaundice patience who had to undergo blood transfusion, I prayed ours does not get to that, and if it does, that God should make everything to be successful. I summoned courage and was only praying.
Fast forward to 7 days after birth, after the final test, the first Pediatrician checked the final result and they realized the bilrubin level was just around the safe point, about 0. something higher, he said we needed to go for blood transfusion, but gave a caveat that whatever the senior pediatrician says is the final. Later that day, the senior Pediatrician came (a very old man, over 70 years), he checked the result and looked at me, he told me, the result is just around the safe point, but a bit higher, do we go for blood transfusion? I responded with a pounding heart, sir, I will go with your experienced advice, then he paused for around 30 seconds, he wrote some things down in the result sheet , (I feared the worse), then he told the nurse and the other Doctor present there, this is not so bad, I guess we should give it 1 extra day of treatment to decide, an lo and behold, on the 8th day, the bilrubin level became normal, however he still told us to do one day of extra treatment. And so after the 9th day, the result was still the same as it was on the 8th day, just below the normal level. So, he told us from his final check, we are safe to go home, and that we can be placing the boy under early morning sun by the window for 30 minutes and come later for further checks. We went home, did what he told us, and went for additional check after about 2 weeks and our son was declared free.

I intentionally wrote the above long story to let you know of my experience and how God eventually helped us (through the brilliant Doctors). Those 9 days were the longest days I have ever experienced in life.

I have also witnessed those whose child had jaundice and were only treated at home with sunlight and some local concoction.

My strong advice: I supposed your child must have been diagnosed immediately after birth and must have already gotten some treatment before you were discharged. If not, please please and please, take your child to at least any general hospital (please look for the money by any legal means), and get treatment for him, even if he has been treated before.

You should not take chance with "just a home-made treatment" for such a sensitive baby (judging for how long your baby has had it, so you would not regret it later, that is not to say home treatment does not work, like I said, we also applied home treatment after proper medical care. I pray your baby get well soon and you are back here to share your positive experience.

PS: This piece was written in haste due to "the precious life" involved and so there was not time to check syntax and semantics. Peace.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by churchill3: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
It happened to my son at 3months old. It persisted after placing him under UV light in the children's hospital. LATER a private children's Doctor at Anambra charged me about 60k and all was past tense after his treatment. I owe him alot. Remember it can lead to epilepsy if not treated

uote author=Singlelover post=114253079]Good morning nairalanders.

Please my baby needs help. Help me to frontpage so i can get help in treating my baby. Thanks [/quote]
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by PROPEACE: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:
for about two weeks now, but fast growing.
My baby started crawling at 1 year and 8 months. Stood up at 2 years and never walked till he was 2 and a half years old. He is three and doesn't speak. He responds poorly to sound, we were told he is deaf. He had jaundice that was poorly managrd. That doctor that adviced you is stupíd! A person that went to medical school and still gives that kind of advice to the mother of a baby with jaundice is nothing short of stupíd. Take your baby to a good hospital NOW for phototherapy or even blood transfusion (whichever is necessary). Two weeks is a long time sister. I hope it is not too late. I am not trying to scare you, but I know what my eyes saw this last 3 years and I don't wish it for my enemy. It was in two weeks or so that my baby ended up with cerebral palsy.

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lightorder: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
Please take your baby to a good hospital (early)
which hospital!!!! Oga don’t go through what I went through in LUTH for common jaundice . Long story short, I spent fortune on unnecessary expensive test . They were telling about BLOOD TRANSFUSION and I angrily rained hell on the stupid doctors who thought my child would be used for their experiments. When I raise hell , a pharmacist who discovered that my wife was a pharmacist also , cornered her and told us to leave the hospital fast and use unriped paw paw . This was what an old woman told us but we saw it as unrefined and unorthodox , before we went to LUTH. Finally we crawled back to the old woman who was laughing at us as young people who would not listen. The old woman told us to get an unriped paw paw fruit, wash , cut it into bits and soak in clean water. Leave it soaked for like from morning till evening and give the water to the child about 3 small teaspoon as you take the child out for the early morning sun bathing. Just about 48hours with the unriped paw paw remedy, it started clearing. About less than 10 days, it was all gone. Just ask the local old women, they will educate you more . Hospitals over rate it .treating It is nothing
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Jaundice is really serious, please take him to a government hospital, they will place him under light and they will observe him/her for awhile. You can go to any FMC close to you. Jaundice is the main cause of Down syndrome in kids. If you don’t treat it early, they will have to drain her blood.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Lightorder: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
don’t go through what I went through in LUTH for common jaundice . Long story short , I spent fortune on unnecessary expensive test . They were telling me about BLOOD TRANSFUSION and I angrily rained hell on the stupid doctors who thought my child would be used for their experiments. When I raise hell , a pharmacist who discovered that my wife was a pharmacist also , cornered her and told us to leave the hospital fast and use unriped paw paw . This was what an old woman told us but we saw it as unrefined and unorthodox , before we went to LUTH. Finally we crawled back to the old woman who was laughing at us as young people who would not listen. The old woman told us to get an unriped paw paw fruit, wash , cut it into bits and soak in clean water. Leave it soaked for like from morning till evening and give the water to the child about 3 small teaspoon as you take the child out for the early morning sun bathing. Just about 48hours with the unriped paw paw remedy, it started clearing. About less than 10 days, it was all gone. Just ask the local old women, they will educate you more. It is nothing, but over rated in the hospital
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by thedio(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
Unripe pawpaw will do the magic and clear it off
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by PROPEACE: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
johnflo:
I am moved to contribute my part to make sure your innocent baby does not become incapacitated for something he/she knows nothing about.
I am naturally social media-aversed (I rarely comment, due to personal reasons) , but this is one of the exceptions where I often break my rules. I don't want your baby to suffer the consequence of untreated/maltreated jaundice which include athetoid cerebral palsy, hearing loss, bad vision, and worse off intellectual disabilities.
From the earlier comments, I have read a lot of wonderful counsels from loving fathers and mothers who have witnessed or experienced these before. At this point, I would not condemn any of the advice given, but I would give my honest advice based on my personal experience too then you can decide.
My son was delivered strong, bouncing (5kg) and almost health (I said almost because he too was diagnosed of jaundice immediately after birth in one of the popular private hospitals in Lagos, that was the only health issue). He was immediately placed under Pediatrician care 24/7 (he was being checked twice daily by consultant Pediatrician).
As others said, they were only checking for his bilirubin blood level on a daily basis, it was not supposed to go outside of a certain level and we were told if the level does not become normal after 7 days of treatment, I would need to give him blood (blood transfusion), to make sure the billrubin is controlled otherwise, our baby might suffer the consequence. I was lucky to be surrounded by trained Medical Doctors and Pharmacists in my family and they gave me stern warning not to
discharge the baby against the Pediatrist advice. My wife was on hospital bed recovering from delivery while our baby boy was undergoing phototherapy for jaundice, I was hardly able to control my emotions seeing my son constantly blindfolded and placed under some controlled phototherapy glass cubicle 24/7 for more than 7 days. The only time we remove him is for his mother to breastfeed him and for Pediatrists check and blood tests. I wept daily, not because I could not afford the treatment, or because I can’t donate blood for my son but because I don’t want him to have any health issue, and I wouldn’t want my wife 9month great effort and courage to be in vain.
To make the matters worse, across our room is another jaundice patience who had to undergo blood transfusion, I prayed ours does not get to that, and if it does, that God should make everything to be successful. I summoned courage and was only praying.
Fast forward to 7 days after birth, after the final test, the first Pediatrician checked the final result and they realized the bilrubin level was just around the safe point, about 0. something higher, he said we needed to go for blood transfusion, but gave a caveat that whatever the senior pediatrician says is the final. Later that day, the senior Pediatrician came (a very old man, over 70 years), he checked the result and looked at me, he told me, the result is just around the safe point, but a bit higher, do we go for blood transfusion? I responded with a pounding heart, sir, I will go with your experienced advice, then he paused for around 30 seconds, he wrote some things down in the result sheet , (I feared the worse), then he told the nurse and the other Doctor present there, this is not so bad, I guess we should give it 1 extra day of treatment to decide, an lo and behold, on the 8th day, the bilrubin level became normal, however he still told us to do one day of extra treatment. And so after the 9th day, the result was still the same as it was on the 8th day, just below the normal level. So, he told us from his final check, we are safe to go home, and that we can be placing the boy under early morning sun by the window for 30 minutes and come later for further checks. We went home, did what he told us, and went for additional check after about 2 weeks and our son was declared free.

I intentionally wrote the above long story to let you know of my experience and how God eventually helped us (through the brilliant Doctors). Those 9 days were the longest days I have ever experienced in life.

I have also witnessed those whose child had jaundice and were only treated at home with sunlight and some local concoction.

My strong advice: I supposed your child must have been diagnosed immediately after birth and must have already gotten some treatment before you were discharged. If not, please please and please, take your child to at least any general hospital (please look for the money by any legal means), and get treatment for him, even if he has been treated before.

You should not take chance with "just a home-made treatment" for such a sensitive baby (judging for how long your baby has had it, so you would not regret it later, that is not to say home treatment does not work, like I said, we also applied home treatment after proper medical care. I pray your baby get well soon and you are back here to share your positive experience.

PS: This piece was written in haste due to "the precious life" involved and so there was not time to check syntax and semantics. Peace.
Forget about syntax and semantics, you made a very valid advice. I hope she follows it. My baby was not as lucky as yours.
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by kay1one(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Singlelover:

Please I hope you're joking. Your baby's life is at risk. Go and start phototherapy ASAP. If you can see it it is bad. I'm a Paediatrician FYI
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by Abufarmer101(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hope there is no camphor in your home or the babies clothes?
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by princenaira(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Go-to a good hospital. They may have to either use UV light or change blood for the baby
Re: My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. by PROPEACE: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
agboghai:
Most times, the traditional remedy for jaundice is what my mum used for my kids. As funny as it may seem, Mum C dey use blue OMO and bitter leaf dey bath my kids when them get am, and e dey burn the jaundice within 1 week. After the bathing, she go put the baby for morning sun. Mama, may your days be long. Amen.
Fact is most babies with jaundice recover without any medical intervention. Your children were just lucky. If you know what fire jaundice can be, you will not even take that chance. Omo indeed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira / Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother / Husband Abandons His Wife, Says Twins, CS Are Taboos In Rivers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.