Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? (1029 Views)

APC National Chairman Visits Senate Over Defections From Party / Breaking! More Mass Defections From PDP To APC In Akwaibom.. PICS / 2019 Elections Showdown: Defections From APC Is Good For Democracy - IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Whenever one single politician decamp from apc,someone like jaxxy or sarkinyarki will say apc is dead but will keep quiet if two bigwigs leave pdp.in 2018,over most of the new pdp faction of apc went back to pdp with over 10 senators and 30 reps yet apc still won with a larger margin.infact,the biggest defection was the defection of alhaji babayo the deputy chair of pdp north to apc yet pdp fans said he was irrelevant....
Recently,senators like aliero,abdullahi yahaya,kaita,alimikhena etc who lost their senate primaries defected to pdp.they celebrated it but said nothing when senators abbo,ezenwa onyewuchi,istifanus gyang,abaribe,Ibrahim danbaba,Emmanuel bwacha,nwaoboshi etc left pdp to either apc,nnpp,apga or labour.does it mean that defections doesnt affect pdp? Anyway,it is political naivety.the biggest defection is that of a governor and apc has benefited most.this election is basically between apc and labour.pdp is most likely out of the picture.one of wike or obaseki will surely leave pdp....

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Kyase
Famology
Sonoyom
Seanfer
Ojuntana
Fergie001
Sarkinyarkin
Vicdom
Abagworo
Kinematics
Chrixxx
Frowland
Caseless
Cajal
Noethnicity
Quotasystem
Penguin2
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
I just heard that senator bassey Albert has joined ypp...cc ekpeitit,saintkeppy
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by abobote: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Coz they are the ruling party

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Frigga13: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Same way yoruba people celebrated every defection to Apc in 2015

Today they’re leaving Apc in packs

North west is almost anti Apc

North east is a no go ...

People are happy because the ruling evil party is only waiting for its burial

Tell Tinubu to pick his Northern Muslim Vice first

Power to the people
North 2023

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Zonefree(m): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
It's worrisome when one leaves ruling party to opposition... It's understandable when one leaves opposition to ruling party.

You of all people should know this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by emettang: 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Even president Buhari is pleading the senator planning to defect
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
emettang:
Even president Buhari is pleading the senator planning to defect

Who won't plead? Are they more relevant than governirs?
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Zonefree:
It's worrisome when one leaves ruling party to opposition... It's understandable when one leaves opposition to ruling party.

You of all people should know this.

How is it worrisome? Must everyone be in the ruling party? Do you not know that apc is overcrowded
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
abobote:
Coz they are the ruling party

That means it will affect opposition more
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by duro4chang(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
You don't need to listen or bother yourself about their bad news
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Zonefree(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:

How is it worrisome? Must everyone be in the ruling party? Do you not know that apc is overcrowded
Over crowded grin

Your excuse is lame, Garfield.
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
Zonefree:

Over crowded grin

Your excuse is lame, Garfield.

Your celebrations are lamest.apc will outlive pdp
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by etrange: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
It's not news when you wake up and see a lion chasing a deer, but when you wake up and see a deer chasing a lion, you should definitely go back to sleep because chances are, you aren't in the land of the living.

APC is the ruling party where people would rather be. As such, it's not news when people leave their parties to join them. People can clearly see the reason behind such a move. But when people leave APC for other parties, eyebrows will be raised and tongues wagged. The reason isn't always as obvious, so people will wonder if there's anything the defectors are seeing that others can't see.

Besides, you just don't expect PDP to have the same level of attention APC 'enjoys'. You can't be the ruling party and the opposition at the same time, each has thier own cross to bear.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by SisterFire(f): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
But when fake 10,000 women defected from NNPP to APC ,u tinubu urchins were making so much noise

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
SisterFire:
But when fake 10,000 women defected from NNPP to APC ,u tinubu urchins were making so much noise

Because atiku urchins started making fake noises
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by saintkeppy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:
I just heard that senator bassey Albert has joined ypp...cc ekpeitit,saintkeppy

Not yet, He will soon declare, he is taking his time, strategizing, it's gonna be a Grand Declaration that will shake the entire State to its roots in the hinterlands. Trust him, he will definitely be on the Ballot.

I think this will happen before dateline given by INEC to parties to submit names of substitutions &running mates, some are saying Apst. Yeneime Andy, the State YPP chairman&also Governorship candidate is holding brief for him, which maybe true.

i have observed his core Loyalists who were denied tickets have all moved to YPP to gets tickets, I have heard Mkpisong Ephraim Inyang Eyen has picked YPP senatorial form for Akwa Ibom South(Eket), I'm also aware Barr. Usenobong Akpabio have left PDP &has since picked YPP Senatorial form for Akwa North East(Uyo), some State House members have all had place-holders in YPP pending imminent defections.

There are massive YPP membership registration going on now in the State &at Ward levels, YPP sensitization billboards & stickers almost everywhere now in Uyo, former influencial SSA to Governor on SMEs, Chief Mrs Janet Amba have dump the PDP, she has just picked up her YPP membership card @her ward.

The third Force is what most Akwa Ibomite are all waiting for with their PVCs, since PDP&APC aren't too sure.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Prince111111: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ask your Google
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Prince111111: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
SisterFire:
don't mind them..their mumu is legendary grin
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by SarkinYarki: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:
Whenever one single politician decamp from apc,someone like jaxxy or sarkinyarki will say apc is dead but will keep quiet if two bigwigs leave pdp.in 2018,over most of the new pdp faction of apc went back to pdp with over 10 senators and 30 reps yet apc still won with a larger margin.infact,the biggest defection was the defection of alhaji babayo the deputy chair of pdp north to apc yet pdp fans said he was irrelevant....
Recently,senators like aliero,abdullahi yahaya,kaita,alimikhena etc who lost their senate primaries defected to pdp.they celebrated it but said nothing when senators abbo,ezenwa onyewuchi,istifanus gyang,abaribe,Ibrahim danbaba,Emmanuel bwacha,nwaoboshi etc left pdp to either apc,nnpp,apga or labour.does it mean that defections doesnt affect pdp? Anyway,it is political naivety.the biggest defection is that of a governor and apc has benefited most.this election is basically between apc and labour.pdp is most likely out of the picture.one of wike or obaseki will surely leave pdp....

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Kyase
Famology
Sonoyom
Seanfer
Ojuntana
Fergie001
Sarkinyarkin
Vicdom
Abagworo
Kinematics
Chrixxx
Frowland
Caseless
Cajal
Noethnicity
Quotasystem
Penguin2

Someone is scared APC is becoming Asiwajus People Congress cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Someone is scared APC is becoming Asiwajus People Congress cheesy

Am not even yoruba. I just don't know why someone so vast and enlightened like you can't be objective
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Penguin2: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
saintkeppy:

Not yet, He will soon declare, he is taking his time, strategizing, it's gonna be a Grand Declaration that will shake the entire State to its roots in the hinterlands. Trust him, he will definitely be on the Ballot.

I think this will happen before dateline given by INEC to parties to submit names of substitutions &running mates, some are saying Apst. Yeneime Andy, the State YPP chairman&also Governorship candidate is holding brief for him, which maybe true.

i have observed his core Loyalists who were denied tickets have all moved to YPP to gets tickets, I have heard Mkpisong Ephraim Inyang Eyen has picked YPP senatorial form for Akwa Ibom South(Eket), I'm also aware Barr. Usenobong Akpabio have left PDP &has since picked YPP Senatorial form for Akwa North East(Uyo), some State House members have all had place-holders in YPP pending imminent defections.

There are massive YPP membership registration going on now in the State &at Ward levels, YPP sensitization billboards & stickers almost everywhere now in Uyo, former influencial SSA to Governor on SMEs, Chief Mrs Janet Amba have dump the PDP, she has just picked up her YPP membership card @her ward.

The third Force is what most Akwa Ibomite are all waiting for with their PVCs, since PDP&APC aren't too sure.

Why did they not move to Labour Party instead?
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Penguin2: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Kyase
Famology
Sonoyom
Seanfer
Ojuntana
Fergie001
Sarkinyarkin
Vicdom
Abagworo
Kinematics
Chrixxx
Frowland
Caseless
Cajal
Noethnicity
Quotasystem
Penguin2

Need I remind you of your celebrations and exaggerations when APC was receiving defectors in Anambra?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Penguin2:

It is not reigning in aks
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Need I remind you of your celebrations and exaggerations when APC was receiving defectors in Anambra?

Deep down,I knew it will amount to naught.I know the limits of apc.I know apc can never win in anambra and Enugu despite what I say
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mrvitalis how far
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Penguin2: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:

Deep down,I knew it will amount to naught.I know the limits of apc.I know apc can never win in anambra and Enugu despite what I say

Oh! You knew?

Just like I’m sure you know deep down now, that Tinubu cannot win the presidency because the odds are dangerously against him.

Kwankwaso has conquered the Northwest he hoped to get votes from.

Northeast is gone with Atiku. Maybe apart from Yobe and Borno.

North Central will not vote another Muslim apart from maybe Niger and Kwara.

Southeast and Southsouth is gone with Obi.

Only Southwest is sure for Tinubu. And even that is not even up to 70% sure.

Tell yourself the truth, where will Tinubu get the numbers?
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Oh! You knew?

Just like I’m sure you know deep down now, that Tinubu cannot win the presidency because the odds are dangerously against him.

Kwankwaso has conquered the Northwest he hoped to get votes from.

Northeast is gone with Atiku. Maybe apart from Yobe and Borno.

North Central will not vote another Muslim apart from maybe Niger and Kwara.

Southeast and Southsouth is gone with Obi.

Only Southwest is sure for Tinubu. And even that is not even up to 70% sure.

Tell yourself the truth, where will Tinubu get the numbers?

We had similar arguments 2019.I believe we had it in 2015 but not with each other so let us not deceive ourselves.nothing much will change except obi tsunami...apc has made far more progress than pdp.apc is a monstrous electoral machine.tinubu chances may not be as bright as buhari in 2019 to be honest but he has the advantage.obi has even made it a little easier for him by taking away the south east.tinubu has prepared and amassed more resources than any other person.the winner would be decided by who exerts more power on election day not what happens before.

Truthfully,the southwest will go to tinubu but it might not be bloc votes.south east will go to obi despite being a pdp territory.majority of the people in the east are rooting for obi.obi won his region in 2019...but why did atiku fail to win the north east? Why did he win taraba and Adamawa narrowly? Why can't atiku win north east but obi wins south east? Is it not obvious that atiku is not loved by his people? Even sowore won his polling unit.apc is dominant in the north east.you yourself said yobe and borno will go to tinubu and these places gives bloc votes.so tinubu can use the large margins there to win the north east.what makes you think bauchi and gombe will go to atiku? He lost scandalously here and tinubu even has more more men here than atiku.they dont like atiku.they like apc.you think they may vote atiku because he is a northerner.they love buhari and follow him madly esp bauchi...

Same thing in northwest.we are only sure of kano for kwankwaso.what was the redcap influence outside kano in 2019.statistics shows he is not strong outside kano.even if he wins north west which i dont tjink he will,apc will come second...
The north central dont want another fulani.they prefer a southerner.you said tinubu will win kwara and Niger and these two States gives bloc votes.plateau have suffered from fulani.yahaya holds kogi tightly.nasarawa is 50 50.same as benue who are tired of fulanis.nc is between tinubu and obi,atiku is out...
Finally,ss is my zone. It is not on lockdown for obi.apc with all her gra gra managed 32% in 2019 but it might tilt towards obi.most of obi supporters are in the urban areas and most voters are in the villages.ss might be divided between the three candidates.it could be 40 40 20 or 35 35 30 or 45 35 20.

Tinubu is sure of sw,obi sure of se.atiku is not sure of any region.tinubu has the slight advantage.
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Penguin2: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:

We had similar arguments 2019.I believe we had it in 2015 but not with each other so let us not deceive ourselves.nothing much will change except obi tsunami...apc has made far more progress than pdp.apc is a monstrous electoral machine.tinubu chances may not be as bright as buhari in 2019 to be honest but he has the advantage.obi has even made it a little easier for him by taking away the south east.tinubu has prepared and amassed more resources than any other person.the winner would be decided by who exerts more power on election day not what happens before.

Truthfully,the southwest will go to tinubu but it might not be bloc votes.south east will go to obi despite being a pdp territory.majority of the people in the east are rooting for obi.obi won his region in 2019...but why did atiku fail to win the north east? Why did he win taraba and Adamawa narrowly? Why can't atiku win north east but obi wins south east? Is it not obvious that atiku is not loved by his people? Even sowore won his polling unit.apc is dominant in the north east.you yourself said yobe and borno will go to tinubu and these places gives bloc votes.so tinubu can use the large margins there to win the north east.what makes you think bauchi and gombe will go to atiku? He lost scandalously here and tinubu even has more more men here than atiku.they dont like atiku.they like apc.you think they may vote atiku because he is a northerner.they love buhari and follow him madly esp bauchi...

Same thing in northwest.we are only sure of kano for kwankwaso.what was the redcap influence outside kano in 2019.statistics shows he is not strong outside kano.even if he wins north west which i dont tjink he will,apc will come second...
The north central dont want another fulani.they prefer a southerner.you said tinubu will win kwara and Niger and these two States gives bloc votes.plateau have suffered from fulani.yahaya holds kogi tightly.nasarawa is 50 50.same as benue who are tired of fulanis.nc is between tinubu and obi,atiku is out...
Finally,ss is my zone. It is not on lockdown for obi.apc with all her gra gra managed 32% in 2019 but it might tilt towards obi.most of obi supporters are in the urban areas and most voters are in the villages.ss might be divided between the three candidates.it could be 40 40 20 or 35 35 30 or 45 35 20.

Tinubu is sure of sw,obi sure of se.atiku is not sure of any region.tinubu has the slight advantage.

I must tell you that this is the only time you have impressed me with your response because this is very close to reality on ground.

One thing you said that I want to correct however is that the (core) North love Buhari and APC. That’s not true. Did you see this video of Kano people responding to questions on the will vote for in 2023 that was made by that Peter Obi supporter who went to Kano? One of the men clearly said Buhari is “too slow”. From that video, you would find out that those people hate APC as much as we do here down south which makes me doubt that they would vote for Tinubu because Buhari said so or because he’s in APC.

See the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSwZ-C65Xq0
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by saintkeppy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Penguin2:

Yeah, i would have like him to pint his tent with Labour Party too with this Peter Obi media frenzy, but he has his reasons &I'm hearing & allegedly that Rt. Hon. Onofiok Luke wants to defect to LP to be on the Ballot.

I think the National Leader of the party Senator Ifeanyi Uba, which is his colleague @the Red Chamber may have influenced his choice of the party together with his personal friend Apst. Yeneime Andy, the YPP state chairman,

the fact is:

Senator OBA is a brand with massive followers across the state, he is the man of the people, just like Kwankwaso in Kano, a greater factional members of the state PDP who are aggrived are with him, couple with Large War chest, court cases against the state PDP in High courts, is what's giving the SWC PDP high BP, headaches&sleepless nights about the fate of their candidates, I am telling you from reliable sources in the State PDP. It is not the best of times for the PDP in the State.

Senator OBA has the capacity to propagate a new party to victory, he has the strategy, this time is not gonna be business as usual or ruling party thing, it gonna be Operation Vote who you really know that will help put things in place for you, irrespective of party lines.

A large section of electorates in the State knows Senator OBA with his good antecedents. He is too generous to a fault.
I think the gospel of his new party will be preached to the people in the hinterlands when campaign starts in September.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Penguin2:

I must tell you that this is the only time you have impressed me with your response because this is very close to reality on ground.

One thing you said that I want to correct however is that the (core) North love Buhari and APC. That’s not true. Did you see this video of Kano people responding to questions on the will vote for in 2023 that was made by that Peter Obi supporter who went to Kano? One of the men clearly said Buhari is “too slow”. From that video, you would find out that those people hate APC as much as we do here down south which makes me doubt that they would vote for Tinubu because Buhari said so or because he’s in APC.

See the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSwZ-C65Xq0

How can you use the views of two people to assess 5 million voters? You pdp guys generalize hastily.so everyone love buhari up north? Is it everyone in anambra that love peter obi? Even our lord Jesus had enemies among his disciples.
That said,if obi win massively in se,win ss narrowly and tinubu wins sw,wins nc narrowly ,takes second in nw and ne,he wins narrowly...
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by Penguin2: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
garfield1:

How can you use the views of two people to assess 5 million voters? You pdp guys generalize hastily.so everyone love buhari up north? Is it everyone in anambra that love peter obi? Even our lord Jesus had enemies among his disciples.
That said,if obi win massively in se,win ss narrowly and tinubu wins sw,wins nc narrowly ,takes second in nw and ne,he wins narrowly...

But you know Tinubu cannot win the NC?

Obi, surprisingly, stands a better chance of winning the region than Tinubu.

Consider that the states that will vote Obi might give him bloc votes like Plateau, Abuja and Benue while Nasarawa, Kwara, Kogi and Niger will be shared by Atiku, Tinubu and Obi at the ratio of about 45:35:20.

About hatred for Buhari in the north, do you truly believe that Zamfara people for instance still see Buhari like they saw him in 2015 and 2019? What of Kaduna and Katsina people? Do you think these guys are brainless?
Re: Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? by garfield1: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Penguin2:

But you know Tinubu cannot win the NC?

Obi, surprisingly, stands a better chance of winning the region than Tinubu.

Consider that the states that will vote Obi might give him bloc votes like Plateau, Abuja and Benue while Nasarawa, Kwara, Kogi and Niger will be shared by Atiku, Tinubu and Obi at the ratio of about 45:35:20.

About hatred for Buhari in the north, do you truly believe that Zamfara people for instance still see Buhari like they saw him in 2015 and 2019? What of Kaduna and Katsina people? Do you think these guys are brainless?

Apart from Niger state,other north central states do not give bloc votes.they share votes.remember that despite the anger against buhari in benue and plateau,he lost narrowly.how do you think obi can just win nc just from nowhere? He can only win abuja but both apc and pdp will get 25%.

Kwara are mostly Yoruba,you know where they will go.it is not everywhere in that east obi will even win.Enugu and abia will be very difficult.yahayq bello is an emperor,you saw what happened during kogi elections.nobody can get bloc votes in north central.almost all the top politicians in nasarawa are in apc.pdp has a slight advantage in plateau because of plateau north but lalong holds plateau south.which reasonable politician apart from muazu aliyu pdp get for Niger? See,collation will be online and prone to rigging.you know tinubu will have an edge there.plus other windows for rigging.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garfield1 The APC Analyst And Predictor..... How's Osun? / PANDORA PAPERS: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law / 2023: Why Are Politicians Not Drinking Sachet Milo, Riding Okada And Eating Corn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.