Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

2023: Adamawa Former Speaker Set To Beat APC Hor Member Representing Gombi/hong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Adamawa Former Speaker Set To Beat APC Hor Member Representing Gombi/hong (320 Views)

I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Photos From The Boko Haram Attack Of Garkida, Gombi LGA, Adamawa State / Chiji Collins, Imo Speaker Set To Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023: Adamawa Former Speaker Set To Beat APC Hor Member Representing Gombi/hong by TGNEWS(m): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2022

.....James Barka says It's not a big deal to dislodge Hon Buba

People's Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Rt Hon James Shuaibu Barka vowed to dislodge in office the incumbent House of Representatives (HoR) member representing the Gombi/Hong federal constituency in the national assembly green chambers, Rt Hon Yusuf Buba Yakubu (Captain).

James said it's not a big deal removing Buba, the All progressives Congress, APC, Candidate who is second term battle-ready for the 2023 election of the federal constituency.

He revealed that in 2015 Buba enjoyed his support to win the election when he was a member of APC, but later left the party and rejoined PDP, his party since the inception of his political career in 1999.

Barka, the former Speaker of Adamawa State House of Assembly said experience counts in the act of legislation and making laws, especially laws that concern the totally of the constituency one is representing is his main target.

The Adamawa state former acting Governor while thanking his political kinsmen and linesmen for making him own the party ticket to be their representatives, he, however, reiterated that in politics he can not underrate his opponents or is going to have an easy ride to victory in work over basis, but is confident enough to win no matter what because is not a big deal at all.

He considered the call by his people to represent them as a step forward despite his political status as a former acting governor which is expected of him to go for a higher political elective office than that.

"When I joined politics is all about my people. For me, it does not matter which office you can go for, if you care for your people and they are for you, they are the deciding factor of where and how you should go into politics. Don't forget, it's Democracy and the people are the main political actors in the game, without them, you can't be anything.

" It is their wish, so I have to go for what they want," Barka said

According to him his experience will make him an outstanding lawmaker and will go to the hollow chambers of the national assembly as a ranking legislative that will make a law to the benefit of his constituents.

Shuaibu in an interview with our correspondent in his Yola residence has poked out the confidence that PDP is not only winning his constituency but the whole of Adamawa state because Rt Hon Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri is doing well as the executive Governor of the state.

On his blueprint, Barka said his political journey of wanting to become a national lawmaker in 2015 was having the mindset of legislative continuity as the best for the people of Gombi/Hong federal constituency.

He said his blueprint is in the area of constituency projects and will bring a change to how it is being done.

According to him, he will bring a working synergy with his people whereby the constituency projects will always be put on their table for deliberation before any implementation.

"As a lawmaker, I will make laws and follow up those laws to the later for implementation. And any constituency project I must bring it down to the people for them to discuss what they want to do with it. It's teamwork for me and them, I can't do it alone.

He however said welfare and development is a two ways things he must do for his people because the political environment has automatically co-opted welfare to it. It is something he said is used to it because they must go hand in hand.

" In my kind of politics I do a lot of welfare, but I also ensure a lot of projects are brought to my constituency, I'm not going to deviate from it. We are having a developing society as we have developing nations " He added

Re: 2023: Adamawa Former Speaker Set To Beat APC Hor Member Representing Gombi/hong by Coolsperm: 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
Is ok, but we Yoruba Christian's will never vote Muslim Muslim ticket , by the way Muric told Yoruba Muslims Not vote Yoruba Christian's and they all agreed
Re: 2023: Adamawa Former Speaker Set To Beat APC Hor Member Representing Gombi/hong by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
Gombi/Hong.. Christian dominated area will give Obi substantial amount of votes that will give us the needed 25% in Adamawa state.
I contacted my course mate who is from Gombi and lives there who he is rooting for the office of the president, before I could finish he said "Obi mana"..

Let me add that PDP will struggle in this constituent because Babachil Lawan and Boss Mustapha are both Kilba people from Hong lga.

The Numan federation (Numan, Lamude &Demsa lgas) is another area where Obi can get good amount votes. Our target is to get @least 25% of votes cast in Adamawa, 30% is the aim though.

(1) (Reply)

A / Peter Obi Is A Scam – Asari Dokubo Reveals Why LP Candidate Can’t Defeat Atiku, / United States Of America Is EVIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.