Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (33377 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kamalx123(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
Do more research... the brother may be having husband relationship with his sister
Totilopussylick:

If you know her to be like that, why bothered

I have a girlfriend, she lives with her elder brother.

And whenever she pays me a visit, her phone begins to rings frequently to an extent I begin to suspect her of cheating, not until I found out it was her brother that calls her all the time and I got used to it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by haslaw(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
gigabyte13:

If you are doing the right thing, why should you be afraid of what they are discussing.....
Except you are afraid of something evil , you are doing to her

This has got to be the DUMBEST post of the year.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Obidient4life3: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
Please I need your opinion on this issue.

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?

Are not Okay at all.. you serious brain check! A mother should not call her daughter because you married her? Oga you will never love that girl better than her mother! Fuxking grow up!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Henz81: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

Nothing wrong with that
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by fx45(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

You're obviously sick in the head. A mother calls her daughter that she carried for 9 months in the womb and raised her until a few months ago that you came into the picture... Now you want to break the bond I don't seem to understand it. Why are you feeling insecure because a mother calls her children on the phone. What exactly is wrong with that? Is she interfering in your marriage? You need to do an introspection and check yourself. Something isn't adding up somewhere.

You're not ok. Something is wrong with you

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Exceed15: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2022
As the saying goes.. too much of everything is bad.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by areeyor(m): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

My brother you are not wrong. The earlier the better. When your mother in law calls her daughter every day what are they talking about that she can not give her daughter the privacy after marriage? I know someone in similar situation. Nothing in your marriage that is going on that they are not discussing about. Let your wife know that you are not comfortable with it and that’s your finally decision

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by areeyor(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
fx45:
You're obviously sick in the head. A mother calls her daughter that she carried for 9 months in the womb and raised her until a few months ago that you came into the picture... Now you want to break the bond I don't seem to understand it. Why are you feeling insecure because a mother calls her children on the phone. What exactly is wrong with that? Is she interfering in your marriage? You need to do an introspection and check yourself. Something isn't adding up somewhere.

You're not ok. Something is wrong with you

You said bond. Do you know what distractions means ? Her mother in law calling her daughter is the real definition of marriage distraction. She is not calling to greet her daughter but to pick nose in her daughter’s marriage which is so wrong

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by MultiDot: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
O' boy you are probably immature and insecure, whats is it with the number of times your mother in-law calls your wife? Remember she was her daughter first before becoming your wife and is still her daughter! Are so idle and job less that you will be counting on the number of times your mother in law calls her daughter. Is she asking you for refund of air time or monthly support to sustain the calls? Why destroy a strong mother and daughter bond that existed before you came along. What ever it is that is making you paranoid is in you and not with your mother in-law's calls. Deal with yourself and leave your wife and mother in-law alone.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Konjiboii: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
I don't see what the big deal is as long as you are not the topic of discussion it shouldn't bother you, personally I would like for her to speak with her mother than her friends heck I prefer her speaking to her mother than me sef, because I no too like plenty plenty talk normally
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by AmazingELixir: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

So you are so idle to be monitoring who your wife speaks to every morning and night...what your inlaws did was to give their daughter out for marriage not outright sale.

A mother keeping in touch with her daughter shouldn't be a problem to you unless she ain't performing her marital responsibilities.

All these male with feminine tendencies these days I find nauseating.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by fx45(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
areeyor:

You said bond. Do you know what distractions means ? Her mother in law calling her daughter is the real definition of marriage distraction. She is not calling to greet her daughter but to pick nose in her daughter’s marriage which is so wrong
How do you know that? Are you a part of the conversation? Many of you are so insecure
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Kdon2: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
olasaad:
It's a normal thing Oga. I called my sister 3 to 5 times daily. That's how we roll.

But if it's the guys mother you will call it excessive attachment to the mother Hun?

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Dhury: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
Totilopussylick:
She is simply checking up on her daughter to know if your a responsible man enough for her tongue.
she should know that before giving her to marriage

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Tannhauser(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
grin
The OP is a closet abuser, this is how they start.
They first isolate you from those who love u and can protect u from them, all the while acting "lovey dovey" . As soon u are cut off from your people, they bare their fangs and claws.

OP, leave that poor woman alone with her mother.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by IamMobisola(f): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Do you even have a job at all? How exactly do you know your MIL calls her daughter everyday and night?

Secondly, why should a woman calling her daughter everyday be a problem? They most likely have being doing it before she got married so why stop now? Your wife isn’t complaining so what’s your business?

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Octopusssy(f): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
chii8:
You're wife isn't yet mature to set boundaries.In marriage you leave everything and everyone behind and cleave to your partner.You need to tame your wife and not your mother in law....if not,one day she will tell you that her mom said she shouldn't give you sex or food for one week,then you will really understand!
However, hope you are properly married to her, you settled with the family traditionally,if yes, openly tame it now before it's too late.
You obviously come from a family that is not closely knit.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by waslag11(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Plus, don't start a war that'll be difficult for you to end. I have a similar case at hand that has led broken home. When you start it some will support you while some will be against you but from your in-law's side, you become their enemies automatically. so choose your fight wisely

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Encyclopedia1: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
undecided If she no born am u go see am marry?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by IamMobisola(f): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kdon2:

But if it's the guys mother you will call it excessive attachment to the mother Hun?
If it’s the guy’s mother, he definitely wouldn’t be complaining
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Danniedpastor(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
Why are trying to fix what us not broken?
Except there is more that you are not telling us.
Leave them to continue.
Are they discussing about you in Negative light?
Is she controlling your wife?
Is the mother intruding in your affairs?

If no, why are you bothered?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Here, you'll get the good, bad and ugly replies...

Does your wife misbehave to you or fails to do her responsibilities as a wife?
Do you also check on your mother in law once a while at least with a call?
Does she visit your home every now and then or makes heavy complaints about you.

If none of this is true, enjoy your life and don't die of headache...
If 1/2 is true, find out what the problem is and sort it.
If the 3 is true, you have a problem yourself!

Mind my manners we all have our personal problems

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Camberlo(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
The mother has right to call her daughter but frequently do so will definitely affects your home in one way or the other.

A time will come when you and your wife may have misunderstanding and her mother call at that moment give her opportunity to give details of what is happening in the family

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Dirkcoyt: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2022
Many people in the world are naive and suffer greater consequences for things they didn’t take serious .

When you take a walk it’s is not the big tree that make you stagger to fall , it is the tiniest of stubborn root that makes us chip stagger and stumble on our way to success.

We all can see the big tree so we avoid it but those small stubborn roots on floor we cannot see them cause they’re too tiny . Hence, they’re always the ones to fall us off .

I had a similar encounter with a girl . I instantly saw this and ended the relationship immediately cause I know where it will end . They always happen like harmless situation but the greater danger is to dominate your marriage .

Cause to be honest with you . There is no way I’m the world they won’t discussion your marriage or family . Things you both adjust on will get conflicted views from her mother . She will run your home to ruins . Nearest is dearest . The one she becomes nearer to becomes dearer too . You both deserve some respect . Freedom shouldn’t mock boundaries

The wife will be naive and wouldn’t believe her mother will mislead her . So whatever her mother says will always be right even if you tell her not to do it . This will lead to constant bickering and when the Centre can’t hold . There is a divorce , the kids will suffer , you both will suffer emotionally , financially and trust will be a hard thing to give your next partner . And your mental health may never be the same .

It’s better to nip it in the bud now if you want your marriage to work . I wish you the best . Your concerns are valid don’t be naive .

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by GloriousGbola: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
nasonaso:

Sorry to say, I might be wrong but I feel you come from either a dysfunctional home or a home where your family backstabs each other( no love in the family).

You have a skewed idea how well knitted family works. So leaving everything (to cleave) invariably means setting boundaries( leaving your family) right.

I hope you are not married cause I see you as someone that comes into a family and cause katakata.

marry a mummy's boy who refers to mum and dad every other minute and you will understand where the OP is coming from
three is a crowd.

this is not about calling home once a week or once a fortnight
it is about calling home everyday
a son or daughter phoning home other everyday will also involve them in your issues, challenges decisions etc

people advise that to keep your marriage intact do not let your inlaws come and live with you
well, thanks to phones, the same is still being achieved without the inlaws coming to live with you.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Immanuelsnr: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
[quote author=Mide70 post=114283512]Please I need your opinion on this issue.

I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?[/quote
]
My brother e no me , my mom always call me every morning and night, just to check up on me and that's how she is to my siblings.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Teenaira: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Why are you so unsafe ? You see this 2023 election is very critical to Nigerian survival, that is what I guess they are discussing and strategising on. So, be calming down. Infact, you can join them in the discussions.

Now, on a more serious note, does your wife feel agitated during such discussions. Does it usually look like a friendly discussion or does it often end in quarrels. You can jokingly talk to your wife to find out if there are issues requiring your attention and ............. I just remember I need to talk to my sis. Bye for now.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Munzy14(m): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

You have to leave this trouble you want to wake up.
As long as your MIL does not interfere in critical decisions in your home, and they are not bad mouthing you nor anyone else in the discussions, you have to allow them.

This one no be issue for now, though I fear the authority she has on your woman despite being married.

You people can get her a little house help to keep her busy and restart a new parenting path for her..If she has a small business or focused with church activities, she must face them now..

Mothers must learn to give their grown and married kids that needed space.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by BABANGBALI: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
Op don't start what you can't finish
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Donbayor: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
Blue86:
It is no issue.

Tell your wife to tell her mum to be calling you everyday too.
You are her son too.

Problem solved!

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Rotty32: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Same happen to me everyday morning and night . Since mother in-law lost her husband 2 years ago my wife has being her companion so they talk at length morning and night . Im ok with that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Fights Wife For Not Using Vibrator After He Traveled Abroad / My Husband Flogs Me / Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.