Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (33418 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Stone24: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Oboy am facing the same thing , I just have to let it lay, it does not worry me any longer. Is there cross to carry not my
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by kals4luv990(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Totilopussylick:

If you know her to be like that, why bothered

I have a girlfriend, she lives with her elder brother.

And whenever she pays me a visit, her phone begins to rings frequently to an extent I begin to suspect her of cheating, not until I found out it was her brother that calls her all the time and I got used to it.
same happened to me and my girlfriend
Each tym we are together she gets calls from a number stored as "My Hero" atleast a dozen tyms,I initially thought aunty was cheating until d day I realized it was her dad..mehn it was somehow and I wanted to cheat back oo cheesy
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by victorVIC1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
@ OP, I sincerely don't understand what is the concern here. Would you prefer her mum is isolated?

May be when you get to her age, you will understand that constant communications with loved ones is one of the major ways elderly ones retain their relevance and also avoid loneliness. This is an option mostly explored by elderly women while the men result to listening to radio more often.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Etiyeokwe: 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
Nawa o. Some people have issues. What's wrong with a mother calling her children on daily basis?

My mother calls me on daily basis even when there's no something serious to discuss. Same way she calls others.

In fact she has a strategy of ensuring that the four of us keep in touch with one another. She will call one person, after talking with him, she will tell the person to call the other and tell him to call ber. Same goes round.

Most of the people who gave weird responses here are unmarried.

Mother's love is golden.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by gentleedu(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
Op i see nothing wrong with that if you truly love your wife
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by seunayantokun(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
There must always be a reason for everything. It might not be a serious issue. Find out and see what you can do to help. If it happens to be a threat to your marriage, you and your wife can deal with it.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by victorVIC1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Exceed15:
As the saying goes.. too much of everything is bad.

The question is does delay calls with one's parents qualify as "too much"?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Raysleek: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
infact that's what I'm doing now and have said I will take it up when the time comes
Don't destroy your marriage before it starts. Phone calls mean no harm. She gave birth to your wife passing through pains of childbirth. The fact you married her doesn't change the fact she has a mother and it doesnt mean you bought her also. Instead you also talk to mama everything she called your wife. Take the phone and greet her . Stop stressing yourself and don't allow Internet witches open the door of demons to your life.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Jane101(f): 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
My mum calls me everyday, and I'm married what's the big deal?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by grandstar(m): 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70

You need to be careful. The Americans have a saying: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

It basically means there's no need fixing a problem that does not exist. If her calls have not jeopardized your marriage, don't make a fuss over it. Don't let it become a problem. It's an issue you should handle with tact.

Perhaps she's lonely and misses her daughters. Perhaps, she wants to have a hold on them, though they are now in their husbands houses.

Your focus should be to empathise with her. She might be lonely. Perhaps, get someone to stay with her. It might be a young child who'd keep her company. It could also a pet grin

If you could all gather money to invest in her business, fine. Or you could buy her a car. Once she feels there's care and genuine love for her, she'll stop feeling insecure. That's all she wants. Find a win-win solution

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by IbnIbrahim: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
duduade:
She might just be lonely and loves to hear and converse with her children everyday ...

When she calls your wife and you are there do they discuss about you

As the mother ever accused you of maltreating her daughter....

Uncle mind your lane...

Thank you. My mother calls me everyday, what is the crime in that. Infact, I spoke with her few hours ago.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by occfx: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
Please I need your opinion on this issue.

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

I'm I wrong or right to take that step ?

Hahaha, at least I don see my twin. My own calls her daughter 5 times a day. Sometimes, when the gist is so sweet, it will reach 10. Apart from call, she visits, at least 3 times a week without notice. I was just looking sha based on say I was aware she likes my wife too much. My problem be say, the advises she gives her is not Godly and I started to worry and my wife also discovered that the mum won't help her marriage. So we started making plan B and am happy, I left the scene and allow her to do the job. She has done it perfectly so far.

My brother, educate your wife well and make sure she prefer the marriage to any mother manipulation. Let her know the moms had lived there lives and nobody controlled them the way they are doing now. Shift her to educate her mom to stop interfering in her marriage. That's if you guys are no longer comfortable. But if she is a G mom Inlaw, just go with the flow, nothing much. As far as you have money

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by IbnIbrahim: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
she is lonely though cos the husband no dey with her ... Not her fault but the man though so I thought that's why she is always calling and that's why I'm still observing
She is lonely, yes it is common with old people, they love to call those that are dear to them, especially their children. Personally, I think you are feeling insecure, there's nothing to observe. Your wife can't be a lone ranger because she got married to you.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by themanderon: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Though before I got married I discovered my mother inlaw calls all her daughters both married and unmarried everyday (only 3 ladies no boys) and they fear her to the bone.

At times every morning and night just to talk to them but I believe when they get married they need privacy and respect but this is not the case for my mother-in-law and I detest such act.

Mind you I'm not against call or trying to break the bond but I believe this is marriage. I'm looking for a way to stop all that

Leave the poor old woman alone. She might be lonely and just wants to hear from her children. I don't like when spouses try to separate families that have been together for a lifetime. Just mind your own side and have peace.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by mariahAngel(f): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

You cannot stop a mother from calling her (daughter) children.
That you married her daughter does not mean you own her.
Why are you (some men) so damn possessive?
Marrying someone does not mean you own them.
Relationships existed before you married her, and they do not automatically die/end because you married her.
Do the calls stand in your way?
How long do the calls last (max)?
How do the calls affect you?
Do you want your wife's attention solely for yourself?
"They fear her to the bone" indeed!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aaking(m): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:
thank you o . Some of the commentors don't get to understand marital issues I guess ... From their discussion they will by one way or the other discuss about our home which is very very wrong ..

You only comments on the ones that Favoured your toxic mind. Mind you are about to destroy what God and the Parents are building. Your wife is not even discussing your home issues but the mother is trying to help her not to loose focus. You have wife that hear corrections and you are not happy. I pity u

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aestake: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
Jashub:
OP, I'll advice that you nip this thing in the bud before it becomes something else . And the best way of doing that is to have to a serious discussion with your wife and let her understand your fears and worries over this issue.

Because the way I see it , if your mother-in-law has that sort of authority over your wife, then she'll definitely have greater authority over how your home will be run in future . undecided
How do you nip in the bud sth that has been on before they married?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aestake: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

You cannot stop a mother from calling her (daughter) children.
That you married her daughter does not mean you own her.
Why are you (some men) so damn possessive?
Marrying someone does not mean you own them.
Relationships existed before you married her, and they do not automatically die/end because you married her.
Do the calls stand in your way?
How long do the calls last (max)?
How do the calls affect you?
Do you want your wife's attention solely for yourself?
"They fear her to the bone" indeed!
Are you married? Who calls one every day? That is a sign of control already. ....They fear her to the bones...

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Brush1: 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
duduade:
She might just be lonely and loves to hear and converse with her children everyday ...

When she calls your wife and you are there do they discuss about you

As the mother ever accused you of maltreating her daughter....

Uncle mind your lane...

God bless you bro. I can't comprehend how greedy some people are. She doesn't have a male child, so I believe their bounding is profound.. She's her mum, has known her all her life, she's addicted to the girls. She's her mum and will ever be. Stop being jealous and stop acting like a female and a kid.

Are you trying to steal her daughter away? So, let her call as many times as she wishes or is she calling with your calling unit or phone?Stay on your lane and recognize your lane, please and please. Thank you..

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by aestake: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
IbnIbrahim:

She is lonely, yes it is common with old people, they love to call those that are dear to them, especially their children. Personally, I think you are feeling insecure, there's nothing to observe. Your wife can't be a lone ranger because she got married to you.
After killing their husbands, why won't they be lonely?

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by ikorodureporta: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

Why are you bothered about this .. is it yr phone or phone card?
You no happy say she no relocate to your house
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by mariahAngel(f): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
aestake:

Are you married? Who calls one every day? That is a sign of control already. ....They fear her to the bones...

That they don't call you everyday does not mean it is the same with everyone.
Some close-knit families just like to connect that way.
It ain't that hard. Just a phone call.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Brush1: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
eyinjuege:
How is their call disturbing you?
Is it that she speaks too loudly or spends too much time on the phone ?
She's been doing this before she got married so don't think they're discussing you.
Or are you planning to isolate her from her family? That's how abuse starts
Once you understand the concept that she didn't fall from the sky and she has people, you will have peace

You are on point. He must have something negative up his sleeves.
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by drakeli: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Daughters are closer to their mother. Nothing is wrong with the picture you painted here unless you notice any negativity as a result. That’s a healthy mother/daughter relationship
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Adinije(f): 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
haslaw:

Stop being naïve. Is it possible to be talking everyday and not tell her mother everything that is happening in their house?
It's a marriage o. Not a prison

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Xsw1: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
Oh
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by iscom(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ah! This is nonsense na. Because you are married your mother in law shouldn't call her daughter again? Is like you always be on top of your wife. Please let them communicate as they like. Is like you don't have a good family. If na because of se.x time , please don't kill her oo

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Maysdevices(f): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
nasonaso:

Not difficult to know them. Always coming into families to break bonds, create hatred among family members na dem be this make nollywood de show them. Always controlling the simp men that marries them.

she just concluded that talking to someones mother or dad constantly translates to discussing marital issues how myopic can you get. We know your type I just pity the man inside the bottle.

Relax. People are different. I love my parents but I don’t need them calling everyday and night when I’m married. Married people need privacy. Calling everyday and night is a NO NO. This op’s case is only different because he specified that his MIL is lonely so he should let it go.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by iscom(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ah! This is nonsense na. Because you are married your mother in law shouldn't call her daughter again? Is like you always be on top of your wife. Please let them communicate as they like. Is like you don't have a good family. If na because of se.x time , please don't kill her oo'
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by Thisthingcalled: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Is it that while growing up, you never saw a functional, close knitted family or you just feel the need to brew trouble in your marriage by your own self?
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by beejay85: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mide70:

You are working yourself up over a non issue..
What"s wrong with a mom calling her daughter?
Little advice,be calm ,play the game as a man u ought to be..recharge ur own mother's phone from time to time....
Instruct her to call u when u are sure you ll be at home..then ensure your mum talks to ur wife also even if its just 2 mins..
If she raises any dust, then u too have got a axe to grind with her daily communication with her mum...
If nothing, then enjoy ur marriage after all - no news means good news grin
Re: Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? by meobizy(f): 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2022
Different upbringings. Get used to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is A Guy With Potential? / How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? / What I Witnessed Last Night!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.