Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. (16280 Views)

Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by nitch(m): 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
Police will soon embark on the
recruitment of graduates of
higher institutions for better
policing system, the Minister of
Police Affairs, Navy Capt. Omoniyi
Olubolade (rtd), has promised.
Speaking at the weekend at the
palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti,
Oba Rufus Adeyemo Adejugbe,
the minister also said police
uniform would soon be changed
as part of a general overhaul of
the force.
Olubolade, who described the
Nigerian policing system as
defective, said he would embark
on litany of restructurings to
reposition the force and make it
a pride to Nigeria.
Apart from being holistic, the
restructuring would be to
change the face of the Nigerian
police, which would include
overseas training, to make the
policeman proud.
He said the image of the police
would be redeemed under his
watch by ensuring that the men
of the force keep to the tenets of
best practices obtainable in
advanced climes.
The minister said the police
needed serious restructuring at
this crucial time when the Boko
Haram was posing a serious
threat to the security of Nigeria.
He expressed regret over the
damage the sect had done to the
corporate image of the country,
promising that all hands would
be on deck to nip the situation in
the bud.
He said it was now a sin for the
police to disclose the identities of
informants to the public,
admitting that this had been
hindering the performance of
the force.
He appealed to members of the
public to always volunteer useful
information in the interest of
peace.
Responding, Oba Adejugbe
hinged the rot in the police to
long years of military
interregnum in the country.
He accused past military regimes
of deliberately marginalising the
force due to perceived rivalry
between the police and the
military.
The monarch said: “The military
deliberately marginalised the
police for 25 years to suffer and
this I think caused the rot in the
police force. The military thought
if they should empower the
police, it would be a potent force
that can challenge them and this
they didn’t want.”

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-to-employ-graduates-change-uniform/95650/
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Arosa(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2011
For your consideration. Naija police should look like this. all with special GSM phones.  cool

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by ak47mann(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
how can they dress in white uniforms in Nigeria wey dust full everywhere undecided undecided is better for them to maintain the blue shirt and black trouser those ones police commissioners dey wear wink wink
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2011
Arosa:

For your consideration. Naija police should look like this. all with special GSM phones.  cool
And their payments should be increase like 70k for Sergeant, that will stop all this bribe stuff
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Arosa(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
ak47mann:

how can they dress in white uniforms in Nigeria wey dust full everywhere undecided undecided is better for them to maintain the blue shirt and black trouser those ones police commissioners dey wear wink wink

If I can wear white uniform from primary to secondary school as a child, I don't see why an adult can't.
odiaero:

And their payments should be increase like 70k for Sergeant, that will stop all this bribe stuff
, at least 70k. we need to start giving our police respect so that they can respect us back.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by ak47mann(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
Arosa:

If I can wear white uniform from primary to secondary school as a child, I don't see why an adult can't.,
different is that school kids go to school and sit in the class at 1.00 pm they go for break for half an hour and back to class you dont have the same responsibility as a police officer, students don't encounter armed robber in a gun battle Nigeria is still a developing country our roads and towns are not exactly clean
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2011
ak47mann:

different  is that school kids go to school and sit in the class at 1.00 pm they go for break for half an hour and back to class you dont have the same responsibility as a police officer, students don't encounter armed robber in  a gun battle Nigeria is still a developing country our roads and towns are not exactly clean

Nigeria Navy do wear white,customs also stand on the road ,do rigorous duties and are not dirty while the Army uniform is not black but always neat when you see them.Unfortunately for naija police,they are the dirtiest of all the security agenices.some of them don't even wash that black uniform and they can smell like he-goats !
Why can't they appear like the Navy ? don't even wash that black uniform and they can smell like he-goats !
Why can't they appear like the Navy ?
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
Am I the only one noticing that every meeting is taking place in Ekiti?

I hope the war meeting wont take place there either.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by ak47mann(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Am I the only one noticing that every meeting is taking place in Ekiti?

I hope the war meeting wont take place there either.
before nko? pretty woman kiss kiss kiss
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
Boko harams are employing grads, Police are also employing grads. Lol who has the better price to offer?

As for uniforms, this is not too bad

But knowing Nigerian men, they'd be looking like this in it:

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by ak47mann(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^
grin grin
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by nitch(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
How about like this for the men ,

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by nitch(m): 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
,  And this for the women.

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^ That's a plane hostess uniform
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Greenpro: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2011
If you pay them 100k per month they still collect bribe. it has become corporate right to them.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by MrGlobe(m): 11:52am On Jul 26, 2011
THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT. LET THEM ADDRESS EXTORTION

grin grin lol at all the above for derailing the thread with these silly pics. Naija people, everything na joke
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by philip0906(m): 11:58am On Jul 26, 2011
d day police will change,I will change. . . grin grin grin
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by ajalaolanr(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
u guys are all jokers, just take a look at the officer with his buttons off!, i still dey laff oooo
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by ajalaolanr(m): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
sup peeps, how do i post topics on this forum?
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Toonice(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
One of the poster said,

[i]And their payments should be increase like 70k for Sergeant, that will stop all this bribe stuf[/i]f

and i said

Even if they increase their Alawi i mean (Salary) to 1Million per month, police we still collect 20naira on the road. The 20naira blood money run in their Vains

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Osama10(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
The money they collect on the roads looks more like a curse on them.

No matter their pay cheque they would still collect that 20 card on the road.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by buzugee(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
you mean they did not employ graduates before  shocked shocked no wonder. these unedumacated popos lack the critical thinking skills to make money without harrasing the populace. ladies and gentlemen this goes to show you that higher education is critical for brain development. now me myself ? if i was a popo in naija, i wouldnt harrass citizens for chump change but i would use my badge to import things and use my badge to bring them through the ports free of charge etc etc and start all kinds of productive business ventures. remember with that badge you can make 30 million naira a year easily without being a nuisance to your uniform.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by logica(m): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
ajalaolanr:

just take a look at the officer with his buttons off!, i still dey laff oooo
That is a fashion model not an officer.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by buzugee(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
with that badge you can import cars from cotonou and not pay a penny. all your popo buddies will give you a pass. etc etc
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by lynxnoon(m): 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
enough talk , let's see some action abeg!!!
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by DAY12(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
Nigeria Police, won employ graduate. I dey laff ooo
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by logica(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
DAY11.:

Nigeria Police, want employ graduate. I dey laff ooo
What's funny? With the right salary they can, especially considering how many unemployed graduates roaming the streets.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by BigMeat2: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
I think they have been employing graduates since its inception, so this is nothing new.
I just wish that the uniform can be changed to something much better than the black outfit.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
nitch:

, And this for the women?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy na banging for the women be that o because senior olokpa them dread .

wetin them need na reorientation and good pay (IMO)
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
nice moved by the minister
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by dustydee: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
odiaero:

I know people who earn over 1million a month and still collect bribe.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by seedord247(m): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
dustydee:

I know people who earn over 1million a month and still collect bribe.

then you must be the one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: We Will End Apc’s Reign In Lagos — PDP / Pictures of Olawepo Hashim At ICC To Sign The Peace Accord / ‘onnoghen Still CJN’ – Supreme Court Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.