Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo (49620 Views)

Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims / Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies / Igbo Man Converts To Islam (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Sagtop: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
This is Sheikh Murtala Chukwuemeka, the first Igbo man in the world that translated the Holy Qur'an into Igbo language. He has indeed done something that would be remembered until the end of times.

He was a pastor before he converted to Islam in 1989. He has converted over 300 people through his preachings.

May Allah reward him abundantly for this great milestone.

321 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Totilopussylick(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
tongue

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Sleyk: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin shege chukwuemeka.

271 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by MufasaLion: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
I think that's nice. It will make it easier for the locals to read.

176 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Cajal(m): 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
He tried

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Sagtop: 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
MufasaLion:

This will surely help islamic evangelism in the east smiley

200 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by FixxNigeria23: 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ameen

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Dorwainpolitics: 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
So Igbos now have Muslims?

Igbo Muslims?

Allah Akubar

214 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2022
Igbo Muslims are marginalised in Ibo land.

173 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by PlayerMeji: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hahaha..

Just like things you do for love...

You must be ready to accept the igbo Muslim into your midst and not make them feel less human than you do.

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by jmoore(m): 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
Did he study Igbo language?

The title "Nso" before "Koran" doesn't fit.

Holy water is called Mmiri nso.

Holy Bible is called akwukwo nso.

255 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
I used to wonder why some of our people were made outcasts and labelled osu.

Looking at this one's head, I now understand because he's a prime candidate.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Proudlyomonna: 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
Well even though I have never met one Igboman who is a Muslim in person,but an Igboman is a free spirit and can choose whatever spiritual pact he desires,as long as he doesn't pose any threat or trouble to others.
God bless SE.
I stand with Peter Obi.

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Conrod: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
MufasaLion:
And probably burn later.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by hammer567: 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
IGBOS KNOW THAT ISLAM WILL BE LEFT AT THE OTHER SIDE BEFORE CROSSING THE BRIDGE INTO ONITSHA.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by festacman(m): 12:01am On Jul 02, 2022
If the cover title is NSO KORAN rather than KORAN NSO, I must say, with due respect, that I am afraid about the translation of the content. No Igbo with grasp of Igbo language will make this fundamental error.

A milestone, though!

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by PapaHadum: 3:30am On Jul 02, 2022
jmoore:

Igbo kakhi...lol
Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Ofodirinwa: 4:03am On Jul 02, 2022
jmoore:

O bu eziokwu, the grammar is wrong on the cover.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by kindlyheart: 4:48am On Jul 02, 2022
Sagtop:

This will surely help islamic evangelism in the east smiley

this is not the stone age bro.... grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by confluence: 4:52am On Jul 02, 2022
The first time I heard one mallam Chukwu emeka Suleiman was when I was doing SIWES in Kaduna refinery (1998) a personnel manager, it was very strange to me an Ibo man a Muslim

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 02, 2022
My first and perhaps biggest miracle was not being born into a Muslim family

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by limeta(f): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2022
Even Arabs don't understand the koran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0UWE3z5ERs

1 Like

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Afolabimills(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2022
MufasaLion:
did igbos kill him for converting to Islam?

11 Likes

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by shortIGBOman: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2022
Over 60% of IGBO in the EAST have converted to ISLAM. grin grin

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by shortIGBOman: 6:25am On Jul 02, 2022
Dorwainpolitics:
So Igbos now have Muslims?

Igbo Muslims?

Allah Akubar

They have millions of Igbo Muslims in the East.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by chrisxxx(m): 6:32am On Jul 02, 2022
What has he gained? Business men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Armaggedon: 6:58am On Jul 02, 2022
confluence:
The first time I heard one mallam Chukwu emeka Suleiman was when I was doing SIWES in Kaduna refinery (1998) a personnel manager, it was very strange to me an Ibo man a Muslim
he changed his name to become the personnel manager, apparently.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo by Armaggedon: 6:59am On Jul 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

They have millions of Igbo Muslims in the East.
some of them in that picture are dead

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Al Istidraaj : What MMM Participants And/or Investors Should Know / Why The Titles Alhaji And Alhaja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.