Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies (34259 Views)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Burial Of Abdukareem Abdullah, The Chief Imam Of Igbo Eze South, Enugu (Photos) / Abdukareem Abdullah Is Dead: Igbo Muslims In Enugu Mourn Death Of Chief Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Sagtop: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2019
The leader of Imo State Muslim Community and one of the South East Muslim leaders, Ambassador Sheikh Alhaji Dauda Waziri Anozie Onyeaocha died few hours ago.

According to popular Igbo Muslims group on facebook, the late Imam will be burried at his residence later today.

See the press release below

INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAJI’UN!

THE CHIEF IMAM OF IMO STATE,

SHAYKH, AMBASSADOR, ALHAJI DAUDA WAZIRI ANOZIE ONYEAGOCHA HAS ANSWERED THE CALL OF HIS LORD – ALLAH (SWT) THIS MID-NIGHT.

JANAZA TAKES PLACE TODAY TUESDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2019 AT HIS HOUSE OGUGBA STREET,
AMA -HAUSA, OWERRI, IMO STATE… INSH’ALLAH.

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE HIS SHORTCOMINGS AND ACCEPT HIS NOBLE SOUL AS HIS FORGIVEN SERVANT.
AMIN.
KINDLY INFORM OTHERS.

https://everynigeria.com/cheif-imam-of-imo-state-is-dead/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by PapaBaby: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2019
Is Okorocha no longer the chief Imam?
I always thought it was okoroawusa.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2019
shocked

See name.

undecided undecided undecided

Ambassador Sheikh Alhaji Dauda Waziri Ayodele Anozie Onyeaocha

I've modified the name to rep.One Nigeria

cheesy

wink wink wink

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by AgentNairaland(f): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2019
Igbo Get Muslim... Make I Laugh A Marlian Laugh grin

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Sagtop: 11:33am On Nov 12, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
shocked

See name

I I've modified the name to rep.One Nigeria

cheesy

wink wink wink

And where is the ayodele in the original post undecided undecided undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by obiekunie2: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2019
AgentNairaland:
Igbo Get Muslim... Make I Laugh A Marlian Laugh grin

very funny my brother!

see how they are even looking so funny!

islam is not for igbos - it doesnt blend with us at allllll!

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Sufisunni: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2019
May his soul rest in perfect peace

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Skepticus: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2019
cool

Igbo-born Muslims, though a quiet minority, have a decent population in Enugu and Imo States.

I met quite a few of them, including this Imam in Owerri. I think he was the imam of the mosque at the Police barracks near the Government house.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Kreativecodez: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Pavore9: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
shocked

See name

I I've modified the name to rep.One Nigeria

cheesy

wink wink wink

Truly wazobia.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by realestniggah: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2019
Never seen an igbo Imam until today.. Wonders.

HIT LIKE IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN AN IGBO MUSLIM BEFORE.

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Pavore9: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2019
obiekunie2:

very funny my brother!

There are always exceptions.

6 Likes

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Rijal: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2019
Inna liLlahi wa Inna ilayhi rajiun, may Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him Jannatul Firdaws, Aamiin.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Mutunchina: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2019
This one done go hell direct VISA
Serve No other GOD accept Me Johova ELOHIi am the way the Truth and the Life No one cometh to the father accept through Me shocked shocked

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by iammo(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2019
cool

Ibo muslim grin

cc: IMHOTEP, LZAA

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by sanusi44z(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2019
Lol!! What?? They have chief Imam in Imo.

Ina lilahi wa ilayhi rojihun

9 Likes

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Jaabioro(m): 11:58am On Nov 12, 2019
See me see trouble,I wanted to comment on Igbo man death nairaland still dey ask me if I am a Muslim, Islam is not for Igbo people..

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Aboki101(m): 11:58am On Nov 12, 2019
obiekunie2:

very funny my brother!

Man we Plenty no think am best religion where u can find peace

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by mu2sa2: 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
RIP, chief Imam. Those ipob who say there are no muslim igbos...... I used to believe the humongous lie until i heard a guy who did his national service in SE debunk it. One igbo muslim said their family had always been muslim.
Check out the deceased's family members- very decent igbos, so refreshingly different.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by valarmorghulis: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2019
See comments the "civilised people" , same Igbo people will condemn north for religious intolerance, am sure the man is old enough to make his own choice

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by nagoma(m): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2019
obiekunie2:

very funny my brother!

Why not? There are some few honest people among you na tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Kyllahmc(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
RIP sir... Meanwhile we don't want that religion in Igbo land... Igbo is Christianity and Christianity is Igbo! Take it elsewhere.

Someone said Islam no fit Igbos at all... And I believe him, imagining Igbo man as Muslim is like solving one complex math in your head lol

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by athaboi(f): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
It always sound and appear awkward to hear this type of thing about the igbo, it doesn't just work...it's unigbo

22 Likes

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
Mutunchina:
Serve No other GOD accept Me Johova ELOHIi am the way the Truth and the Life No one cometh to the father accept through Me shocked shocked

Y u go dey place curse onto your tiny head like fowl... before you comment , You accepted to be a Muslim and believe in *God (Allah swt)*. Then define Jehova elohii. In short , you are stupid, not a must you type your dirty mind out

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by thaoriginator: 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2019
nagoma:

Why not? There are a few honest people among you na tongue
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by koolib(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him Al Janatul Firdaus.

I respect people who hold on to their beliefs irrespective of environmental constraints.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by TeamSimple(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
Mutunchina:
I wish you both would be able to come face to face on judgement day , so you can say this directly to his face. A shocker awaits you

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Mutunchina:

Besides, were u there when the statement was said.. or just believe what was written by different people that witnessed the lifetime of Jesus Christ. There are questions that non of you religion bigot hasn't been able to answer since. 1.Who is Jesus to God and God to Jesus,

2. Why do bible refer to Jesus Christ as God and also as a son and in some books, as a prophet..

Pls the truth is just let us stop all this hating on one religion or the other , we will all die and no one has ever been to heaven and come back to tell us how God looks like...

20 Likes

Re: Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies by Mutunchina: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
weavesquad:

Y u go dey place curse onto your tiny head like fowl... before you comment , You accepted to be a Muslim and believe in *God (Allah swt)*. Then define Jehova elohii. In short , you are stupid, not a must you type your dirty mind out
Thunder reset your BRIAN Bastard grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslims Protecting A Catholic Church In Egypt During Mass / 40 Hadiths And The Lessons: Learn Islam and comment / Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.