Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger (44120 Views)

APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit / NNPP-LP Alliance: Obi Or Kwankwaso Can Accept To Be Vice - Agbo Major / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2022
Tingotoe:
He has been in politics far longer than Peter Obi and has more expirience
1. Former deputy speaker of the house of representatives
2. Former governor
3. Former minister of defense
4. Former senator

Obi joined politics in 2002 when Kwankwaso was a governor. So?

Buhari has been in politics for more than 40 years, what did that beautiful experience do for the country Nigeria?

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by penearth(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2022
Kano youths r be
Coming Obidient already. Be there forming d head.
Am Obidient to d core!!!

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ifex370(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2022
APCnaPDP:
That’s the right thing to do. Kwankwaso has more voting strength than Obi, hence, it is only reasonable that Obi becomes the vice and from there, he can succeed Kwankwaso after 4 or 8 years. It is the shortest cut along with PDP for an Ibo man to become president of Nigeria.

Our brothers in the SE will not believe this but Obi can never win this election. I am happy to put a bet on it closer to the election.

I used to think the same. But let's see

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Alpharey: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:

What's the popularity of Pthief obi?

people know Kwankwaso than Pthief obi

Me and my family, Obi we know, we don't know Kwankwaso. Thank you.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by aribisala0(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2022
Politicians can deceive themselves

What makes Kwankwaso imagine anyone reckons with him in Southern Nigeria or even the Middle Belt?

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by victorsola: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdu81:
these shows alot about the said Kwankwaso,he is insisting that power remains in the north after buhari's 8 good years. What an audacious greeed.
. Why can’t it remain in the north ,I think it’s not a tribal thing they say. But someone who is capable . Is kwankwanso not capable at least obi will be there to also do is bit as Spartacus. Bringer of rain. At the end of the day politics is tribal, Yoruba wants there person, Igbo and hausa the same . So let the games begin.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ZIAZI(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

That’s is bullshit He is too greedy his statements even make people hate him more. Is Nigeria A Northern Property?. After 8 good years of Buhari failure Kwakwaso still want to be a president why ?? Why not be Obi VP and work this out every Nigeria knows that wazobi let taste it let see what they can offer than you will know the dot in the circle ⭕️ is the real change that they are afraid off

But you know you cannot coerce him into being Obi's VP. By the Zoning formula, everybody knows it's the turns of the South.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by gregng(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2022
If PO can collapse his structure on the condition that LP and NNPP will merge together as PO as president while Kwankwaso as VP. Aside that Kwankwaso should run his NNPP while Peter Obi remains in LP. LP has better strategies to pick a viable VP from the north that can guarantee Atleast 25% from the North.
SE belongs to PO at least 95%
SS 85% is guaranteed for PO
SW (youths are ready to vote PO, 50%)
NC ( 85% is probably guaranteed for PO)
NW ( a good viable candidature from this region can trigger vote warming for LP especially youths are woken up. = 25%)
NE ( atiku can't win govenorship seat in his own proclaimed state, 45% is LP)

In conclusion our major problem maybe, bauchi, borno, Kano, kaduna zamfara. Still i still believe the power of youths revolution...
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by pacespot(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
I think this man kwankwanso made a few salient points in his assertion, nobody will allow a party that they have invested 47 years of experience in to collapse before their eyes, Obi should look elsewhere for his VP, and Obidient should not make a mistake of attacking this astute man kwankwanso, he made a lot of good points in this statement. Obi and kwankwanso can still work together on some other projects in future, and who says Obi can't win the presidency without kwankwaso. He should just focus on getting the right people to support him in the North, northerners are currently torn between voting APC, PDP or any candidate in this presidential election because they consider Tinubu as not fit for the job, Atiku is another northerner and many northerners believe power should go south, so these scenarios might work in Obi's favour, Obi should go for a VP that will be trusted by the Northerners, preferably a youth.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by victorsola: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
dominique:
They were both governors around the same time. What makes him think he's politically superior to Peter Obi that he cannot become his vice?
and what makes obi think he his also superior to kwankwanso. They are the same level , none is superior so far they can deliver . You talk from a tribal view .

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by checkoutEnugu: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdu81:
these shows alot about the said Kwankwaso,he is insisting that power remains in the north after buhari's 8 good years. What an audacious greeed.

Greed and useless strategy indeed. Sentiments have left north. Its turn of south
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2022
Alpharey:

Me and my family, Obi we know, we don't know Kwankwaso. Thank you.

you're igbo now, aside from MnK, Simon Ekpa and PO what other reasonable and sensible politicians do you know

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Minime10(f): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2022
ZIAZI:

First thing first, I am an advocate of competence and not zoning. But since we've adopted the method of zoning in Nigeria, it would only be fair that a Southerner be in Aso Rock, come 2023.

However, in a bid to actualize this, we must not "bully" others into burying their interests basically because we want our "preferred candidate" to thrive.

Let some of the OBI-dients (not all) keep campaigning for Peter Obi, and do well to stop casting aspersions on other candidates.

Competence you say, perhaps that might have informed your decision to vote buhari twice because of his competence.
And by your own subjective measurement and understanding of competence, though, one wouldn't know what your paremeter is anywhere, Kwankwaso is more competence than Peter Obi
No body is begging Kwankwaso to accept being Obi's VP.
Kwankwaso should stop the mind game he is playing & go to contest for whatever political position he wishes & leave Obi alone.
Mind you, Obi is never desperate to winning any election or becoming Nigeria President, but we are desperate in changing the narrative of always thinking that it must be the old order.
If Peter Obi contested and lose, he would have succeeded in making a POINT and a worthwhile one at that, and we his genuine supporters would be super PROUD of him. That is our stands.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Oludara202: 9:20am On Jul 03, 2022
No bad blood there, he made his point . He should keep to word and run as NNPP candidate, i won't like to hear that he stepped down for Atiku or BAT.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Moikiitos: 9:21am On Jul 03, 2022
@Peter Obi/Amina J. Mohammed

Penguin2:
I think it’s time Peter Obi looks elsewhere for running mate before it will be too late.

I think this Kwankwaso is not serious.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Saintinoo(m): 9:25am On Jul 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Bottom line because buhari shut out the south east because the region didn't vote for him in 2019

The Yoruba people used to cry marginalisation during the PDP government while the Igbos held on to all the very important positions in government under PDP back then...

Buhari government will go with it's hate and Igbos will bounce back again politically

Wait ooo, what are the juicy position Southeast held during Jonathan government.

I know of SGF and Chief if Army staff.

Which other one, infact SGF IS NOT EVEN A JUICY POSITION.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:26am On Jul 03, 2022
PHIPEX:
Let him remain with his NNPP, it might even be a good news for Obi.

On what basis is he insisting, zoning or competence? He has never won election with his new party so he can't claim to have a better structure than Obi.

I don't even trust him that much, he might sell out to Atiku on the election eve.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by 1nice(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi can never be Vice President to kwankwaso; God forbid.

Nigerians want Peter Obi as the next president of Nigeria come 2023, not kwankwaso.

Without kwankwaso in Labour Party Nigerians will still vote for Peter Obi and any other northerner politician Peter Obi choose as running mate. Labour Party became popular because of Peter Obi and not because of kwankwaso.
The people of Nigeria are supporting Peter Obi because they see him as the one who will make Nigeria a better place for Nigerians and foreigners to live in.

Labour party should forget kwankwaso and look for another northern politician who will serve as the running mate to Peter Obi.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by focus2727(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2022
dominique:
They were both governors around the same time. What makes him think he's politically superior to Peter Obi that he cannot become his vice?
yes they're both former governors, but he has gone ahead to win elections as senator and sponsored and supported a lot persons to win elections, but obi how many people has he supported and they win their election? He back soludo in 2017 governorship election he failed woefully he was choosing as a running mate to atiku they failed, he supported PDP governorship candidate in anambra election they failed woefully. Tell me exactly what obi know about politics?
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:31am On Jul 03, 2022
muykem:
Peter Obi for VP
an OBI-dient pastor 4 ontop ya head right now!

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2022
Esseite:
Godspeed and good luck.... I think Obi would rather take his chance..
or sanusi lamido
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Chopcy29: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2022
This Hausa man is just strategically using PO to push his party to limelight
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Ezechimaobim(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi is a national view
Kwankwaso is only for Kano and it's enviros
Obi stands the better chance

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by storm001(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2022
North with there quest for more power.

You guys have already ruled for 8 years and you are looking to run for another 8 years!

It is the time of the South and Peter Obi is only one who has what it takes to fix Nigeria.

I would rather lose voting Peter Obi than win Voting any other candidate come 2023.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by GodPrince: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2022
Penguin2:
I think it’s time Peter Obi looks elsewhere for running mate before it will be too late.

I think this Kwankwaso is not serious.
you're such a Capra hircus to think that an elder influential statesman like Kwankwaso should be running mate to small boy obi. You have no respect you bloody idiots
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Juanmike(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2022
ZIAZI:
Did someone just make reference to Kwankwaso as greedy? Like how?

You want him to step down for someone else but you do not want that someone else to step down for him?

Politics is basically about interest and trust me, one would put his interest first before another person's.

Selah!
Power is coming to the south, whether Atiku or Musa likes it or not.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by VEHINTOLAR: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2022
Only a deluded mind will ever imagine that Kwankwaso will ever accept to be a Vice to any OBItuary Pandora ! What's Obi's pedigree in the world of politics and its intrigues ? The so called deluded supporters of Mr Pandora can continue to enjoy their carnival like frenzy for the meantime, the reality will soon dawn on them.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by OBJlive: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2022
The arguement by Kwakwanso that he is politically more valuable than Obi and therefore he,Kwakwanso should be the principal candidate amongst the two,is not just lame and unfounded but also does not satisfy the reason for which Obi left PDP.
Presidency has been in northern Nigeria for 8 years,and it is time to go south for two terms.In south,South-East should have it.For the priciple of equity and fair play to be satisfied.He who come to equity must do so with "CLEAN" hands.
Please observe clean above is bolded for emphasis.
Obi has come to politely demand for equity with not just clean hands;his academic qualifications are towering,his leadetship ability is not questionable,his political antecedent in national election has been tested before.He came second in the last presidential election loosing only with a narrow margin.
He is probably the most educated and therefore better qualified of the standard bearers of other major parties,PDP AND APC.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Masturbator2020: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Neddstark:

Masturbators usually need to build fantasies to cúm. Not in any way surprised.
Masturbation would have saved your dad from giving birth to a useless son like you. Mumu

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by kponkedenge(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2022
dominique:

Greed.

Notice how only NNPP have been talking about this merger, we haven't even been hearing anything from Labour Party.

I don't know what Peter Obi is still waiting for.... This merger can't work, he should just go look for a suitable vice and forget about Kwankwaso.

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by 007lss: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:
Oga run for elections on your own.

Win the North and share it with Atiku. Peter Obi will manage to win 25% in very few core northern states. He will win middle belt, South South, South East. Win at least 30% in Southwest states. Cruise to victory.
Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by kelmicheal: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2022
Since the north has already rule so the onus is on kwankanso to agree and Accept Obi VP slot for fairness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Pastor Sarah Omakwu Of Family Worship Centre, Abuja / Special Message By DSS On Social Media In Nigeria / Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52