Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures (8201 Views)

Ekpa Sit At Home: This Is Onitsha Currently (pics ) / Corpses In Our Hospitals Are From Cultists, Hoodlums’ Killings, Not Lekki –LASG / Anthony Okechukwu Died In An Accident Not Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by ANSMEDIA: 6:42am On Jul 03, 2022
Onitsha is the economic and financial gateway to the Eastern Nigeria. People visit Onitsha from almost every parts of Nigeria and Africa in general for one business transaction or another.

Onitsha hosts the wealthiest people of the eastern region because it is the economic melting point of the region just like Lagos is the economic melting point of Southwest Nigeria.

Onitsha was the first place the British colonialists berthed in the Eastern region(southeast and southsouth) and established their Western culture including churches and missionary schools like the Christ the King college-CKC, Denise memorial grammar school- DMGS, Queen of Rosary college- QRC, among others.

The city hosted the British businessmen who were using the Onitsha port for business transactions between Onitsha and Europe. The port has recently been upgraded to meet with the challenges of current realities of today.

Today, the city has grown to become an economic force to reckon with across Africa. The city has equally advanced infrastructurally with 10 lanes superhighway, two cloverleaf interchanges, two multi billion naira Niger bridges, flyovers, etc.

Onitsha has an international airport(Anambra international airport) just 15 minutes from the city centre. This airport has further energised business activities in the city. This city bubbles with malls that host shoprite, etc, hospitality facilities, eateries of various forms, local, foreign dishes, Chinese restaurants, among others.

I can go on and on but will stop here for today.

https://evideostv.com/this-is-onitsha-not-lekki/?amp=1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by ANSMEDIA: 6:43am On Jul 03, 2022
ANSMEDIA:
Onitsha is the economic and financial gateway to the Eastern Nigeria. People visit Onitsha from almost every part of Nigeria and Africa for one business transaction or another.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by ANSMEDIA: 6:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Onitsha Ado

9 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by ANSMEDIA: 6:45am On Jul 03, 2022
ANSMEDIA:
Onitsha Ado

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by VoteTinubu2023: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2022
Beautiful pictures.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Putinofrussia: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2022
This early Sunday morning.Na Onitsha you take dream?
Pictures can be deceptive.One can take just one place from more than five angles.
Video is better.Post a few video of Onitsha.
I have been to the East.I especially like Onitsha specifically Obossi-Nkpor axis.
Yes,Onitsha is agreat place to be.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Idiotseverywher: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2022
The owners of lekki are also the owners of Onitsha, Igbo kwenu

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by donleo92(m): 6:56am On Jul 03, 2022
The people way dey build this house no even dey concerned weather na lekki abi na onitsha.

na poor people they do Igbo and Yoruba. outside nairaland, we be friends

7 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Hardgun: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2022
E no fit be like lekki before na u no see how e be like jungle u fit compare am to Ilaro in Ogun state

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Truthisunique2: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2022
Onitsha dey try
Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Kalashnikov49: 7:01am On Jul 03, 2022
This is beautiful and impressive...and to imagine this place was totally bombed out during the civil war.

IGBO people are really resourceful and development oriented.

I hail uan Biko!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Kalashnikov49: 7:01am On Jul 03, 2022
Fem dia...spits

Uteghe:

They use beheading swear for you? Must you join your father's trade?
Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2022
Even a toddler knows you must hold your pocket tight when going to Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2022
Wow
So beautiful

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by David160(m): 7:09am On Jul 03, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Even a toddler knows you must hold your pocket tight when going to Onitsha

I live in Onitsha... Crime is quite low now..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by OnlineArchitect: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2022
Eye catching environment, the east is really blessed.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by dangoteinlaw: 7:18am On Jul 03, 2022
The architecture is an eye sore, maybe you guys should be carrying architects from Lagos to your village during xmas

4 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 03, 2022
David160:

I live in Onitsha... Crime is quite low now ..
Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by stabilizer: 7:22am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi will never and can never be the president of this country.

Infact he will never be.

Obi is too small to rule a country like Nigeria.

He will either become third or fourth in the presidential race result

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by oneeast: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
The architecture is an eye sore, maybe you guys should be carrying architects from Lagos to your village during xmas

Must you mention Lagos(former FCT), why not use ibadan architecture which is the capital of yorooba land to do the comparison. cheesy
By the time you are done, you will realise that Onitsha architecture is the most beautiful.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by NoQualmz: 7:30am On Jul 03, 2022
Putinofrussia:
This early Sunday morning.Na Onitsha you take dream?
Pictures can be deceptive.One can take just one place from more than five angles.
Video is better.Post a few video of Onitsha.
I have been to the East.I especially like Onitsha specifically Obossi-Nkpor axis.
Yes,Onitsha is agreat place to be.

So what’s the essence of that ur useless intro?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by NoQualmz: 7:31am On Jul 03, 2022
stabilizer:
Peter Obi will never and can never be the president of this country.

Infact he will never be.

Obi is too small to rule a country like Nigeria.

He will either become third or fourth in the presidential race result

The thread is abt Onitsha and you’re talking about PO,...will u get lost!

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by Obidient4life2: 7:32am On Jul 03, 2022
We deal on all kind of roofing sheet except brown roof

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by NoQualmz: 7:35am On Jul 03, 2022
Onitsha beach soon cheesy

4 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by NoQualmz: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2022
David160:

I live in Onitsha... Crime is quite low now..
Soludo is working then!
Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by KashApp: 7:41am On Jul 03, 2022
cool..
oneeast:

Must you mention Lagos(former FCT), why not use ibadan architecture which is the capital of yorooba land to do the comparison. cheesy
By the time you are done, you will realise that Onitsha architecture is the most beautiful.
You guys need to stop this... You don't need it. There are pictures of Onitsha you won't show us and there are so many Ibadan pictures you've not seen or you've never been to. Both Igbos and Yorubas should stop doing this. Happy Sunday!!

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by oneeast: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2022
KashApp:
cool..You guys need to stop this... You don't need it. There are pictures of Onitsha you won't show us and there are so many Ibadan pictures you've not seen or you've never been to. Both Igbos and Yorubas should stop doing this. Happy Sunday!!

The picture of ibadan I showed is the normal outlook of the town, it is not a mock picture

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by dangoteinlaw: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

the few beautiful structures there were designed and built by Lagos architects go to props section if you doubt. I have designed countless homes from Lagos here to be built there but I really don't like traveling outside the west.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha Not Lekki: Pictures by KashApp: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2022
oneeast:

The picture of ibadan I showed is the normal outlook of the town, it is not a mock picture
Someone from this same thread claimed that Onitsha was bombed...so how do you expect a rebuilt house to look like? To look like the old? No! Ibadan is a very big ancient city with lots of old buildings. If you go to so many places in Ibadan, you will be surprised that the pictures does not describe the 50% of Ibadan

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi 2019: I’m Not Contesting – Faleke Restates / Trouble Looms As High Court Says No Party Must Field Obaseki As Its Candidate. / Disturbing pictures of Hausa traders killed by IPOB/ESN Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.