Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money (11866 Views)

What Skills Do I Need To Establish A Career As A Research Analyst? / What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ChukyT(m): 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
Paulheyman:
They're so many fields of endeavor you can really go in to.
1) Learn Photography/Video editing
2) Learn how to fix Alumaco
3) Learn music production/Sound engineering
4) Start up a business (Provision store near a school)
5) Start up a barbing salon and hair dressing
6) Go into tailoring (try both male/female wears)
7) Link a POS to your business for a side hustle or you can start it as alone venture
cool Laundry services
9) If you've sisters or a girlfriend try opening an eatery/bar (depends on your area)
10) Learn how to fix mobile phones

Note: These are supposed to be your starting point/stepping stone and not your destination. But if it pays you well you can as well expand the business and make it your destination.

My Story: I share similar story with you. The worst thing you can do to yourself at this stage in your life is to seek sympathy from anyone. Believe me.

I was also born SS, I grew pass the sympathy stage. Presently I can boast of a PhD (CGPA 5/5) and 5 Scopus/WoS papers. The world won't listen to you if your aim is to attract sympathy. Rather work on yourself, build your content. Challenge your destiny and change your perception about who you are.

I started up as a music producer, that's my stepping stone. I mastered how to use cubase, nuendo, hypersonic and FL studio as plugins, autotune etc. Music funded my transportation during my MSc. I was in fact a successful producer but my destination was academics. I will return to music production later on in life or pass the baton to my son. Music production is fun with little or no stress. Just watch out for the ladies, especially if you're using it as a stepping stone.

I graduated without hopes of any job at all but I was tenacious in savings. My first teaching job I was paid #3500 (2012), the second one I was paid #7000 (2013), then I was paid #15000 (2013-2016) in the third place I worked. Presently the govt pay me #49300. My saving grace was that I saved up all my NYSC allawee. I used that token that most corpas call chicken change to start up my MSc, it was hard but academics was my only option. God showed me mercy and I finished the MSc, then I moved straight to a PhD, also God was kind to me too, I am through with that.

No job for now but I believe in God and in my abilities (my head is supersonic). Someday I will secure my dream job and bring home a noble

My point: Don't listen to the drowning voices. You're perfect. Make good plans and follow them up with tenacity.

Stay blessed
Thank you sir, actually I have no intention of sitting down to play the sympathy card, It's just that nobody has it all figured out that's why I had to seek suggestions. My destination is still academics, but since I can't sponsor any post-graduate program for now and I haven't gotten a good job, I'm considering acquiring skills. I will consider IT and writing ( I love doing it)
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ChukyT(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
Paulheyman:
7) Link a POS to your business for a side hustle or you can start it as alone venture
cool Laundry services
9) If you've sisters or a girlfriend try opening an eatery/bar (depends on your area)

Note: These are supposed to be your starting point/stepping stone and not your destination. But if it pays you well you can as well expand the business and make it your destination.

My Story: I share similar story with you. The worst thing you can do to yourself at this stage in your life is to seek sympathy from anyone. Believe me.

I was also born SS, I grew pass the sympathy stage. Presently I can boast of a PhD (CGPA 5/5) and 5 Scopus/WoS papers. The world won't listen to you if your aim is to attract sympathy. Rather work on yourself, build your content. Challenge your destiny and change your perception about who you are.

I started up as a music producer, that's my stepping stone. I mastered how to use cubase, nuendo, hypersonic and FL studio as plugins, autotune etc. Music funded my transportation during my MSc. I was in fact a successful producer but my destination was academics. I will return to music production later on in life or pass the baton to my son. Music production is fun with little or no stress. Just watch out for the ladies, especially if you're using it as a stepping stone.

I graduated without hopes of any job at all but I was tenacious in savings. My first teaching job I was paid #3500 (2012), the second one I was paid #7000 (2013), then I was paid #15000 (2013-2016) in the third place I worked. Presently the govt pay me #49300. My saving grace was that I saved up all my NYSC allawee. I used that token that most corpas call chicken change to start up my MSc, it was hard but academics was my only option. God showed me mercy and I finished the MSc, then I moved straight to a PhD, also God was kind to me too, I am through with that.

No job for now but I believe in God and in my abilities (my head is supersonic). Someday I will secure my dream job and bring home a noble

My point: Don't listen to the drowning voices. You're perfect. Make good plans and follow them up with tenacity.

Stay blessed
Thank you sir, actually I have no intention of sitting down to play the sympathy card, It's just that nobody has it all figured out that's why I had to seek suggestions. My destination is still academics, but since I can't sponsor any post-graduate program for now and I haven't gotten a good job, I'm considering acquiring skills. I will consider IT and writing ( I love doing it)
Joyskretn2020:

And please dear, stop limiting yourself. I have a neurological health condition (multiple sclerosis). If you know anything about this, you can only imagine how difficult my life has been. But i have never limited myself. I have taught in a primary school even when walking was difficult for me, i learnt baking and hustled with it in school. I learnt bead making, i crochet too. It was difficult for me walking around or doing stressful works but i did not accept it. When i saw how difficult all these were for me i had to go into digital skills.
My point is, find ways around your difficulties instead of limiting yourself.
Thank you sir, it's not that I am limiting myself, I didn't put the thread because I needed sympathy, I just needed other people's opinion, since no one has it all figured out. I think I like that baking stuff though, I've always loved cooking, and I'm a good cook too. Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ljoh: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
sisisioge:
Try IT....anything in it....just use google to search out top 10 and choose one. You can sit in your house and work for any coy in the world. Pay is very good too.

I feel you. While the labour law discourages discrimination on health grounds, most employers/recruiters are too scared to employ people who may be off work half the time due to being sick or those that would cost them a fortune in healthcare assistance. It is well.

What is the meaning of IT and how can one do it
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Gordson: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

How come this stress affects sickle cell patients for work but not for sex?

Your stupidity is generational

Szdorf:
You can go for information technology course like java, programs, compactia a+;etc
Other alternative u are learn a barbing skill

Anyway there is cure for sickle cell anemia with D3 Organic, Cuminus Oil and nature Gift

Oga.... the only known cure for sickle cell is bone marrow transplant. You can find another way to market your drugs and not in a deceitful way like this.

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by expatriate(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
I love this comment, we all have our stories, I will tell you mine. Be encouraged...
This stage will soon pass.

Paulheyman:
cool Laundry services

Stay blessed
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by sisisioge: 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
ljoh:

What is the meaning of IT and how can one do it

Information technology. Once you throw the words into google, it will give you alot of information.
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Blake755: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
muzeze77:

U work with white folks which means u are most likely not in Nigeria so u have access to hospitals when u need one. In Nigeria a single crisis means death
I lost my son who had sickle cell, people with sickle cell already have a full-time job and that's the job of staying alive, please be compassionate to this person asking a question
So sorry for your lost am a warrior tho
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Bill1983: 12:30am On Jul 07, 2022
Blake755:

So sorry for your lost am a warrior tho

Take heart, my dear, God giveth and taketh.

Bill

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Jacksparrow7(m): 6:06am On Jul 07, 2022
See better human being. Yet Nigerian girl bleep for a living
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Atamdanx: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Listen guys, It’s barely 48hrs off me just coming off a crisis that lasted 2weeks from my 29th birthday, life itself states that if u don’t work you’ll not eat and I know it is so convenience making lazy excuses buh na still us dey go tru that inexplainable excruciating pains jumping from one joint to another and the ones backing our excuses for being lazy would only say sorry buh never knows how we truly feel, by the way I studied marketing and I attained certifications while serving and I work in VI an IT firm who knows about my health status yet they employed me, guys whether u like it or not everyone wants the best for themselves and if u build ursef, trust me u can’t be refused because of ur health on the contrary they’ll (the firm) will make that neglected empathy (laziness) u refused having for yourself while growing your intellect and trust me you’ll be valued, I wantu marry now and the ladies I talk to respect me also ��‍♂️, let people people recognize your value, My Father thought me so, God Rest his Soul�.
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2022
I am also a sickle cell patient , I
also need to acquire such skill. Anyone who can volunteer to help me learn programming or any skills that will be of value will be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2022
Heterodox:
UX/UI a.k.a product design.

If interested I have a connect

Goodday Sir, I am very much interested as I am in the same condition with the op. I will appreciate any help I can get. Thank you and remain blessed
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 8:22am On Jul 07, 2022
davelon:
Truck driving, am also a warrior tooo, it's lonely but fun.

Bro, I am also a warrior can I DM you.
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by iamnedu(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
astute28:
I can teach you phone software , flashing and jailbreaking of iphone ,phone unlocked , software upgrade and downgrading , laptop softwares , network unlock for any phone , frp bypass , it only need your IQ and your fast laptop ,plus your hard disk like 2terabyte for different phone firmware , that's all you need ,very lucrative job

Please i am interested

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Garrydosky04: 7:38am On Jul 08, 2022
astute28:
I can teach you phone software , flashing and jailbreaking of iphone ,phone unlocked , software upgrade and downgrading , laptop softwares , network unlock for any phone , frp bypass , it only need your IQ and your fast laptop ,plus your hard disk like 2terabyte for different phone firmware , that's all you need ,very lucrative job
boss please i want to learn this software aspect
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Autobot05: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2022
astute28:

Can I contact you in respect of this sir ?

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by KingBosco(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2022
astute28:
Good Sir
Please how can I contact you?
The skills you list seem good to me
We can chat on WhatsApp, this my number 0703 302 4637
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Dazzling3: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
Learn how to sell
Learn Affiliate Marketing

So many people have made millions and hundred of thousands with these 2 skills.

Check my bio for link to help you start up as a newbie
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Bijust: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello my fellow warriors can we create a Whatsapp group where we can share ideas, motivate ourself, give experiences on drugs and how to over come certain crisis and also help ourselves.
@Lookingback
Atamdanx
Samskid310
davelon
ChukyT
What do u think?

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Samskid310(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
Sure
Bijust:
Hello my fellow warriors can we create a Whatsapp group where we can share ideas, motivate ourself, give experiences on drugs and how to over come certain crisis and also help ourselves.
@Lookingback
Atamdanx
Samskid310
davelon
ChukyT
What do u think?
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Bijust: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2022
Samskid310:
Sure
I will create a group and send the link here anyone who wishes to join can link up..
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ChukyT(m): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
That's a nice idea, I even came across a group like that on Facebook, I joined though but hardly join the conversations, I just sit back and listen
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ChukyT(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sure
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ChukyT(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you sir, I will chat you up soon
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by ChukyT(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
[quote author=astute28 post=114476474]I can teach you phone software , flashing and jailbreaking of iphone ,phone unlocked , software upgrade and downgrading , laptop softwares , network unlock for any phone , frp bypass , it only need your IQ and your fast laptop ,plus your hard disk like 2terabyte for different phone firmware , that's all you need ,very lucrative job [that would be nice sir, how do I contact you]
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Samskid310:
Sure
Notify me when the group is created.
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bijust:
@Lookingback
Atamdanx
Samskid310
davelon
ChukyT
What do u think?

Has the WhatsApp group being created? Add me up
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Bijust: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2022
Lookingback:

Has the WhatsApp group being created? Add me up
Yes your contact?
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Bijust:

Yes your contact?
Re: What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money by Lookingback: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Samskid310:
Sure
Hello Bro, l sent you a mail. I am a warrior like you, I would be arriving Canada for studies, I would like a guide on how to keep myself health. Because it's a different weather from Nigeria. What should I know before arriving. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naval College Graduates 18 Military Officers / GTBank Vs Zenith Bank / Nigerian Army Promotes 6,199 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.