Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu (16429 Views)

Fayose Congratulates Tinubu, Calls For Ayu’s Resignation / Ooni, Yoruba Leaders Move To Save Tinubu’s Presidential Bid / Call For Ayu’s Resignation Achievable – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by hisexcellency34: 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
Some leaders of the Peoples Demo­cratic Party (PDP) are making moves to thwart plans by some aggrieved members of the party to remove the party’s national chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, from office ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Daily Independent gathered from credible sources in the party that the plot to remove Ayu is being spear­headed by the Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike.

There has been a sharp division among the governors following the rejection of Wike as running mate to the party’s presidential candi­date, Atiku Abubakar, who set­tled for Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa despite Wike’s emergence as the candidate of a 17-member advisory com­mittee set up by the party to search for a vice presidential candidate.

Despite denial by the party leadership that all is well with­in its fold, the crisis became manifest last week when only two out of the 13 governors of the party were present at the inauguration of the party’s campaign council for Osun State governorship election.

Also, last week the party’s leadership issued a statement where it dismissed the pur­ported suspension of Senator Ayu as its national chairman over allegations of financial misappropriation.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba, in a statement, said reports that Ayu had been suspended as national chairman was the handiwork of mischievous persons out to destabilise the party.

“Such report is completely false and a product of the imag­ination of mischief-makers with the intent to destabilise our party, create an impres­sion of crisis within our ranks, and mislead the unsuspecting members of the public,” the statement read in part.

“It is clear that the false report is the handiwork of vi­cious anti-people forces who are agitated by the stability, unity, and soaring popularity of our party under the cohe­sive Sen. Dr. Ayu-led National Working Committee as well as the intimidating statures of our presidential and vice presidential candidates, His Excellency, Atiku Abubakar, and His Excellency, Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa respectively.”

However, speaking with Daily Independent, a chieftain of the party said that the threat to kick out Ayu from office is real as some aggrieved party members are asking him to vacate office since the nation­al chairman and the party’s presidential candidate cannot come from the same region.

He said others are also ac­cusing Ayu of financial misap­propriation and they claimed to have evidence to back up their claim.

Speaking further, he said the same pattern adopted by some party members led by Wike in removing the former national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, is being ad­opted again.

When asked what Ayu’s crime was, he said as a long standing associate of Atiku, Wike and his loyalists believe that he has a hand in the emergence of Okowa as the running mate.

Speaking further, he said Wike’s loyalists believe that Ayu had demonstrated parti­sanship during a visit to Gov­ernor Tambuwal in Sokoto, he (Ayu) described him as the hero of the PDP convention for stepping down for Atiku.

He, however, said some leaders of the party led by Tambuwal are backing Ayu and have insisted that he will only vacate office if Atiku wins the presidential election.

The plot to remove the national chairman is real. He has been secretly meeting with some prominent person­alities to avert it. Also, just like the governors are divided, the National Working Committee of the party are also divided as those sympathetic to Wike are unhappy with Ayu and they want him out.

“The same pattern they used in removing Secondus from office is also being ad­opted. Having realised that he has refused to resign after Atiku emerged, they will ac­cuse him of misappropria­tion while those against him in the NWC will pass a vote of no confidence in him. If they are in the majority and they get the support of most of the governors, I don’t see how he will survive it.

“However, those plotting his removal will have a hard time because unlike in Sec­ondus case when the gover­nors were on the same page, they are not united this time around as some of the gover­nors and party leaders have insisted that Ayu will lead the party to the 2023 general elec­tions”.
https://independent.ng/pdp-leaders-move-to-avert-secondus-treatment-for-ayu/

1 Share

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Seniorwriter(m): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hilarious
We need vote in all leadership positions young visionary leaders come 2023 and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.

In another news i'm thinking it's high time to create an online credit line organ or group of Crowdfunders strictly for Nairalanders(Entrepreneurs) that need financial help or Funding for new and existing businesses and also extend help to the needy that are verified real not scammers that just post their account info unnecessarily.
If you are reading this and have a philanthropic heart and you are ready to lend a helping hand financially with just $1(or it's naira equivalent) monthly then kindly mention me.
Moreso if you earn via online alike as a Freelancer or via your online activities then do same so we can have an interactive session here to build a financial back up for cases of financial lack or under the weather cases.
I'm looking @creating a group of @least 500 Nairaland donors (peeps)...If OP gets just $1(or it's naira equivalent) from us I'm sure bouncing back financially is possible.

@Seniorwriter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by LoneWolf212: 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
E no concern me

1 Like

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Truthisunique2: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ayu is a small fry

Na him use his mouth say he would go if PDP get north president

Since this minute thing is what wike wants he would get it

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Hotfreezer: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
PDP Candidate - North
PDP Chairman - North

Honestly, it is the stupidity and slavish attitude of Igbos in PDP that brought this insult to the entire South.
20 years of Igbo slavery in PDP and it is an Ikwerre man doing what Igbos couldn't do.
Tambuwal stepped down for Atiku and Igbo PDP delegates were collecting money and voting Atiku.
What Wike is doing is what Igbos in PDP should have done. Instead, the cowards collected money and ran away.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by TinubuAdvocate1: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
PDP is a very untruthful party.
Just like APC tho, which is why I’ve withdrawn my support for Bola Tinubu.
I’m now OBIdient.

PO23

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by tesppidd: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
Wike the headmaster of PDP grin(according to Dave Umahi) has declared that the only condition for peace is for Ayu to resign.

grin
But Ayu fuc up sha; he actually declared Tambuwal the hero of the convention.

That one go pepper Wike wella.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by emmykk(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
Once PDP settle their family problem they will just take over power from APC

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by gracealonev: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
But Ayu himself had promised earlier to resign should a northerner emerge as presidential candidate.

Why sudden change of gear to sit-tight policy?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Ddeliverer007(m): 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
Pdp should collapse their structure and join labor party, that’s the only way they can remain relevant..

Adapt or die!

1 Like

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Jack500: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
PDP is a dead party, we will bury their carcass in 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Hotfreezer: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
TinubuAdvocate1:
I’m now OBIdient.

PO23

You had to abandon your previous moniker out of shame. You served PDP for donkey years and nothing to show. See how the entire PDP is running around begging Wike.
You SE cowards are changing monikers and changing parties.

19 Likes

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by sunsplash99(m): 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
TinubuAdvocate1:
I’m now OBIdient.

PO23
You shall eat the fruits of thy labour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Atypoded: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by TinubuAdvocate1: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
sunsplash99:

You shall eat the fruits of thy labour
grin grin
Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
angry Omo shey Atiku no dey work for APC Lai dis.

Why should ayu remain

1 Like

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Zchi1052(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dead Party

Their time don pass ,make them rest
Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Benbellamor: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
If Ayu fails to resign PDP will lose All elections... Starting from ekiti to osun to Oyo...and then Massive Decamping looms...
Wike is the Moneybag that can fight dirty with the majority backing him...Atiku will have himself to blame

6 Likes

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by TinubuAdvocate1: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hotfreezer:

You had to abandon your previous moniker out of shame. You served PDP for donkey years and nothing to show. See how the entire PDP is running around begging Wike.
You SE cowards are changing monikers and changing parties.
stop murmuring and support PO for president

2 Likes

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by duro4chang(m): 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
All past PDP National chairman left shamefully his own will not be exeption.

1 Like

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by Latakia(f): 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
Like Obi Pandora followers will say... "Go and verify."

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Leaders Move To Avert Secondus’ Treatment For Ayu by atinga1: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nawa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose: Deji Ogunsakin Ran Away With ₦35 Million Meant For Election / Bayo Onanuga: Peter Obi Amplifies Falsehood, Spewing All Manners Of Lies / New Ministries: Oyetola, Alake, Others May Share Buildings, Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.