Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia (498 Views)

Akwa Ibom APC Guber Candidate, Akanimo Udofia Sings With Young Children (Video) / Appeal Court Affirms Akanimo Udofia As Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Candidate / Obong Akanimo Udofia Wins APC Guber Primaries In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia by orble: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate
Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia.

Biography:

Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia was born on the 18th of June 1969 to the family of Obong and Obonganwan Asuquo Udofia of Afaha Offiong in Nsit Ibom LGA, Akwa Ibom State.

The young Akan Udofia commenced his early education at sea Bed Nursery school from where he proceeded to Port Harcourt primary School and thereafter, Federal Government College, Jos.

He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the then Cross River State University, now University of Uyo.

He is also an alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Business School.

Career Development.

In a career spanning over 32 years, Obong Akan Udofia has held several Executive and Non-Executive leadership positions in various sectors of the Nigerian economy, including Real Estate, Maritime, and Oil and Gas with specialty in Engineering, procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI).

He started off as a commodity trader dealing in electrical accessories. He eventually became a seasoned entrepreneur and consultant. In the early days of his consultancy career, he was responsible for business Development and strategic planning for the world Bank- financed population activities fund Agency (PAFA).

Going forward, he was a consultant for the setting up of the Bouygues and Stolt Offshore consortium Amenam project for Total Nigeria valued at over 14.6Billion Dollars.

He oversaw increased sales from 50 million to 11.1 billion as well as increased earnings by 23 from diversification into new products and services.

As Managing Director of Desicon Engineering Service limited, he has successfully positioned the company as one of the most resourceful and competitive indigenous companies patronized by international oil companies (IOCs) operating in Nigeria [petroleum sector.

His partnership with oi corporation from around the world have given Desicon Engineering, procurement, and construction project in the past 10 years.

An accomplished technocrat, Akan Udofia served as a Directed on board of Saipem Contracting Nigeria limited, he is also on the board of Desimont Nigeria limited and Prezicon Nigeria limited respectively.

He has partner with CCC limited Ansapura Energy on local and international project.

He is widely described as a charismatic leader with a passion for progress and an avowed commitment to achieving results.

Honours.

In recognition of his numerous contributions to the development of society, he has received several awards and recognitions which include the conferment of the title of … “by the paramount Ruler of Nsit Ibom.

He was also conferred with the title of “Ubok Udom Annang“ (right hand man of the Annang people) by the eight paramount Rulers of Annang Land.

He is the first and only recipient of the Akwa Ibom Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence conferred on him by Governor Udom Emmanuel.

He is also the recipient of the “pearl of the Niger Delta” award presented by the Niger Delta achievers Merit Awards.

He is listed as one of the 30 Most Distinguished Individuals from Akwa Ibom State.

He is also a Paul Harris Fellow.

Religious Life
Mr. Akan Udofia is a devout Christian and an active member of the Lutheran Church.

He has a deep conviction that it is only by God’s grace and mercy that he has come this far and continues to be led by an unshakable faith in God Almighty .

He built and donated a church auditorium to Lutheran church, Afaha Offiong, Nsit Ibom LGA.

He also built the Lutheran church parish in Delta state, Nigeria in addition to many other churches of different Christian denominations within and outside Akwa ibom state.

Akan Udofia built and donated a Monastery sitting on 10 hectares of land at Epe, Lagos State to the Roman catholic church.

On the occasion of their 27th Wedding Anniversary, Akan Udofia and his lovely wife received papal blessings from the Catholic pontiff, Pope Francis at the Vatican.

Philanthropy

With great success has come a greater desire to give back to the society in as many ways as he can. Akan Udofia’s firm belief in human and community development has led him to initiate and execute numerous community development projects including a 150,000 charity donation after the Danzig Street incident in Toronto, Canada in 2012.

To mark his 40th birthday anniversary, he offered free medical and surgical services to the people of AfahaOffiong, Akwa –Ibom State. He brought in medical doctors and nurses from the United state of America to provide training for medical personnel that treated over 400 patients.

He also provide extensive water supply projects for several communities, including the 480,000 litres water development project in AfaghaOffiong, Akwa Ibom State, which was inaugurated by the former Governor, Chief God’swill Akpabio in 2009.

He created the Akwa Ibom Indigene Trainee program in fabrication at the saipem Fabrication Yard to build and improve local skills in Engineering and related services.

He also founded The Bridge Leadership Foundation for the Industrial Training of artisans and Craftsmen.

He singlehandedly constructed an ultra-modern 105-bedroom postgraduate hostel for the Akwa Ibom state University, Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin LGA

2023 Agenda: Towards a Prosperous Akwa Ibom.

…A prosperity…. blueprint

“Nothing is more liberating that fighting a cause larger than yourself; something that encompasses you but is not defined by your existence alone”
– John McCain
As we approach 2023 general elections, the next phase of our journey is to make Akwa Ibom State a bastion of Shared prosperity and inclusive economic growth and development.

Over the past 35 years, I have actively been involved in growing businesses and creating prosperity. I have also tried as much as possible to give back to the society in every way I can.

I have developed an agenda that I believe will bring about the much needed prosperity and development to the good people of Akwa Ibom state.

My Agenda:

I will build more key infrastructure and prioritieshuman capital development as a means of creating wealth and delivering economic prosperity to our people.

To this end, we will make deliberate and critical investments in Education, Tourism, Information and communication Technology (ICT) and Agriculture.

EDUCATION:

We will evolve a sustainable education framework right from basic to tertiary education level that focuses on science, technology, Engineering, and mathematics (STEM) with a view to providing a critical mass of highly skilled manpower to drive socio- economic development in Akwa Ibom state and beyond.

HEALTH:

We will revitalize the state’s healthcare system by putting in place a robust primary Health care (PHC) framework to make affordable healthcare available to a broader spectrum of people with key focus on maternal and child health, especially in rural and semi- urban areas.

TECHNOLOGY & DIGITAL ECONOMY:

To tackle unemployment, we have to unlock the immense opportunities that Technology and Digital Economy offer.

We will harness the energies of our young people to make Akwa Ibom state a technology hub in Nigeria to create jobs, i

Improve living standards for our people and engender more efficient service delivery. This will be achieved by linking key industries with emerging technologies to create a strong digital economy in Akwa Ibom.

AGRICULTURE:

Before the rise of oil to prominence as the main source of revenue,

Akwa Ibom was well known for agricultural products, like cassava, oil palm, cocoa, Yam, citrus fruits, etc.

As the rest of the world moves towards a pots-oil driven economy, we must begin to look beyond oil and focus more on making massive investments in the Agricultural value chain in order to attain food sufficiency and create jobs in the process.

SECURITY:

Working in synergy with traditional rulers and community- based groups and Organisations, we will establish an effective security system for intelligence gathering and crime prevention while providing support for state security Agencies.

TOURISM:

Akwa Ibom State has an expansive coastline that spans about 129 kilometers from Oron in the East to Ikot Abasi in the West. This vast Atlantic coastline gives rise to a large number of serene beaches.

The tourism potentials of Akwa Ibom remain largely untapped and can be harnessed as a source of sustainable revenue and employment creation for the state.

PUBLIC SERVICE REFORMS

The civil service has the responsibility for implementing government policies and keeping the machinery of government running.

To realize our vision of a prosperous Akwa Ibom, the state Civil service will be reorganized and restructured for effective service delivery through capacity building, utilization and reorientation.

INDUSTRIALISATION:

With a significant land mass and ample natural resources, Akwa Ibom is in a prime position to be a key industrial hub.

Over the key years, I have built a solid network of associates home and abroad who will be willing to partner with us to herald an industrial revolution in our dear state.

Successive Governments in Akwa Ibom State have taken bold steps towards the industrialization of the state using the Akwa Ibom blueprint on the sustainable development .My task is to build upon and improve on the successes they have attained through a viable succession plan. My experience in succession dates back to 26 years ago, when I succeeded my father at the helm of DESICON ENGINEERING LTD and grew the company from 17employees in 1996 to just under 5,000 as at 2019.

I also drove the turnover from hundreds of Naira to hundreds of millions of Dollars per annum. With this invaluable experience in the private sector, I am well equipped to provide result-oriented leadership and prosperity to our people

There’s a whole lot to be done and I am a man equal to the time and task.

I am fully confident that if we all play our part, if we all join hands together, and if the right political choices are made in the forth coming months, we shall steer the ship of our dear state from the land of promise to fulfilment.

Welcome on board as we embark on this journey towards a prosperous Akwa Ibom

#AK472023
#AKANPROSPERITY

1 Like

Re: Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia by Totilopussylick(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
Failed party tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia by ZUKKYY(m): 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
grin Akwa Ibom is PDP. No space for apc.
On Peter Obi mandate I stand PO 2023

1 Like

Re: Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia by Truthisunique2: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Expecting him to win in Akwa ibom is like expecting an infidel to sight moon for fulani
Re: Meet Akwa Ibom APC 2023 Gubernatorial Candidate Obong Akanimo Asuquo Udofia by yomi961: 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Akwa ibom is PDP and PDP is akwa ibom. Another zombie spotted

(1) (Reply)

Plateau Community Schedules A Walk For Obi/datti 2023 (pic) / E Ni Duro !!! >>> BATified 100+ / Full Videos The Real Faces Of APC Rented Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.