Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,560 members, 7,847,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage (17411 Views)

FG Weakens ASUU, Registers Two Varsity Unions / IPPIS: ASUU Threatens Strike, Warns Against Salary Stoppage / IPPIS: ASUU Says FG Can’t Frighten Them With Salary Stoppage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Is your family member inside the union?

Lol, just rest, yes, education in Nigeria no be education, Na when e touch you, one Dey complain, if e never touch you, you go dey laugh,

If nothing is wrong then the lecturers won’t strike, something is wrong, it need to be attended to. You can’t just wakeup and strike, there is a bothering issue. Minister of labor abi na education buy form 100m, the lecturers they pay 500 to 700 pounds a month can go and die.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Franklyspeakin: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2022
Let me educate you. In the university 4 unions are on strike it is unusual for the 4 u ions to go on Strike at the Same time. Meaning this one has passed all of them. Just in case you don't know we have ASUU (Academic staff union of universities) SSANU (senior staff union of Nigerian universities) NAAT ( national association of academic technologist and NASU (non academic staff union of universities).
Wisedove:
No work no pay is the best policy the government can use to curtail the concurrent strikes by ASUU.
They are not the only union in Nigeria for crying out loud, it is not as if they are fighting for the interest of the vercities nor the students instead it is for their selfish interests.
ASUU find it easy to sanctions student or group of students who think they are been deprived of their rights but when the government is doing the same they embark on strikes.

What is it exactly they are fighting for and how is that going to improve the quality of education in Nigeria? There is no point if what they are clamoring for won't improve educational quality
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2022
dollynnn:
“If it means doing taxi work, selling groundnut, doing farming to feed, we will engage in those ventures but he should be rest assured that his strategy of withholding our salaries will not work.”

This is just the beginning

Selfish Union !
Are you Nigerian at all?
Don't tell me you are hailing your failed government.
If only you have good understanding of the reasons for the strike aside the IPPIS story

2 Likes

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by DKM123: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Severe Stockholm Syndrome plus
Mumuism.. This old thieves sha know y'll can't do sheet and will still vote for them cos una Mumu dey on steroids, so they will keep giving y'll the middle fingers and still go on to win thier elections cos una no too get sense laidat.

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by donmik: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2022
As Buhari wants to punish academicians for not voting him, he went and picked a heartless devil called Ngige.

I will always remember Buhari for being the worst pain and calamity that happened to my existence as a Nigerian.

Am neither a politician nor an academician, but...

At least, their eyes are clear now for giving Buhari the benefit of doubt ( Those who gave him power sha)
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by CheapHomes1: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Lol, just rest, yes, education in Nigeria no be education, Na when e touch you, one Dey complain, if e never touch you, you go dey laugh,

If nothing is wrong then the lecturers won’t strike, something is wrong, it need to be attended to. You can’t just wakeup and strike, there is a bothering issue. Minister of labor abi na education buy form 100m, the lecturers they pay 500 to 700 pounds a month can go and die.

You haven't answered the simple question.

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Voldoz: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2022
I said it before this ASUU you see are very dangerous now their main focus is UTAS all those revitalization stuffs was for show, to make the masses feel they are fighting for students meanwhile it's for their own gain.

FG too are not helping matters, they have their own fair share of the blame more than double self , ASUU themselves too have their own problem.

This present Government failed badly in terms of education, how can you take months to discuss with lecturers the process alone is a failure.

Seriously, in as much I hate FG I still feel UTAS is a bad idea cause giving ASUU UTAS sends negative message across other unions. If IPPIS can be modified and updated it's better that way or better FG develop a new process but accepting different processes is a big problem, imagine paying ASUU, NASU, SSANU, ASUP etc all in different platforms it will be very hard to checkmate fraudulent activities.

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:
In 2007 pdp told us Yaradua is a professor of the Ivory Tower, Jonathan Goodluck his deputy is a professor of the Ivory Tower, they came into office, yet they were not able to settle this ASUU nonsense once & for all, yet some ignorant mumus will blame a soldier for the problem?

Oblivious Hypocrisy is indeed a curse.
Soldier or not, he is part of the problem. Wasn't he aware of the ASUU, FG and university situation before indicating interest to become Nigeria's president?

Blame shifting is not allowed anymore abeg. Tell your 2023 candidates to consider the present situation of the country before starting campaigns ooo. If they can fix it, they simply back out

1 Like

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Dreadlock69(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:
In 2007 pdp told us Yaradua is a professor of the Ivory Tower, Jonathan Goodluck his deputy is a professor of the Ivory Tower, they came into office, yet they were not able to settle this ASUU nonsense once & for all, yet some ignorant mumus will blame a soldier for the problem?

Werey was it worst back then
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Franklyspeakin: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2022
Let me educate you. In the university 4 unions are on strike it is unusual for the 4 u ions to go on Strike at the Same time. Meaning this one has passed all of them. They are on strike due to their welfare. The inflation has rendered their salary useless. Unfortunately buharis govt is a government of promise and fail. Thats why the strike is reoccurring. Just in case you don't know we have ASUU (Academic staff union of universities) SSANU (senior staff union of Nigerian universities) NAAT ( national association of academic technologist and NASU (non academic staff union of universities).
Maxymilliano:

https://punchng.com/striking-varsity-unions-lament-salary-stoppage/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1657092064
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by muykem: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2022
ASUU and resident doctors are known for strike since the day of Tafawa Balewa.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bro4u: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2022
Wisedove:
No work no pay is the best policy the government can use to curtail the concurrent strikes by ASUU.
They are not the only union in Nigeria for crying out loud, it is not as if they are fighting for the interest of the vercities nor the students instead it is for their selfish interests.
ASUU find it easy to sanctions student or group of students who think they are been deprived of their rights but when the government is doing the same they embark on strikes.

What is it exactly they are fighting for and how is that going to improve the quality of education in Nigeria? There is no point if what they are clamoring for won't improve educational quality
Bro u buy Australian cards??
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by dreu2fine(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Wisedove(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2022
bro4u:

Bro u buy Australian cards??
be precise about the card sir
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered the simple question.

Read from the beginning. I answered your question.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by profudus(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2022
Jamesz12:
Shame on every member of this body called ASUU, overtime I used to think the government is at fault all the time and that they were fighting for our educational system but have come to realize that they are just selfish and self centered..
Make una get out

I don't think you really know what an educational system is ! May be you think an educational system only means infrastructure. However, an educational system comprised lecturers, students, facilities and other stakeholders with diverse interests( pay, knowledge, certificates, quality, etc.) . The human resource (teaching and non-teaching staff) is the pivot on which the wheel of the educational system rotates. No matter how qualitative or good material resources ( classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc) may be, they cannot on their own translate to a good educational system because they cannot deliver lectures to students that will result in certification - students' interest. It seems students do not want their teachers to be well- paid, but do not forget you may become a lecturer tomorrow. When lecturers are not well-paid and mistreated, they will not be motivated to do their job as expected and students will be graduated half-baked and the system could eventually collapse. So be broad minded when commenting on issues.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bro4u: 11:02am On Jul 06, 2022
Wisedove:

be precise about the card sir
Your WhatsApp contact link isn't functioning,, I can't seem to upload the cards catalog here don't know why
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by fredoooooo: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Leave all of them in their madness, let them not change their mindsets and want a better country.. mad people grin
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by osazsky(m): 11:16am On Jul 06, 2022
They will still pay everything even if its next 2 years..this is d best time to rest and enjoy our wives .them wan use work kill person.i don dey fat for house..
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by osazsky(m): 11:19am On Jul 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:

me I even want this to linger on...most of us now they cash out for taxify.so money they this thing like this..fg go waste person life come begin give u 100k for one full month..kudos colleague we fight till d end.even if its next 4 years.u cant be using mouth to pay allowances without alerts.. no alart ,no sch
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Cognitivereason: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2022
atheistandproud:
Lies

Many of them teach in private universities.

Them block everywhere. One man teaching in two federal and one state uni then hustling part time in private unis.
God bless you

you will see a single lecturer taking 5 courses in a federal uni and several others in atleast 3 other university..tell me if that kind of lecturer is being selfish or just love lecturing.. and you expect him to ensure his students fully understand the course?

they are the type that will show up the first day drop material and boom..till exam day..you may not even see them in that school for a whole semester and they will collect their full salaries, plus hand out money ..nonsense

sha ..FG should settle their demands.. some of them are legitimate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Cognitivereason: 11:30am On Jul 06, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Read from the beginning. I answered your question.
that guy you quoted is probably high on something ..you will be wasting your time giving him attention
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by edogu(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2022
Wisedove:

Research institutes have been on strike since last year yet they are still being paid by FG. So, why is FG withholding the salary of university workers when they know they will still get paid later on.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Wisedove(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2022
bro4u:

Your WhatsApp contact link isn't functioning,, I can't seem to upload the cards catalog here don't know why
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Jamesz12:
Shame on every member of this body called ASUU, overtime I used to think the government is at fault all the time and that they were fighting for our educational system but have come to realize that they are just selfish and self centered..
Make una get out
You still have no idea what's happening.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Cmanforall: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2022
bigpicture001:
All unions should be disbanded... Nigeria don't need unions.. it's a bad thing for the economy
With their inaction to bring government to check for the common Nigerians (not their selfish interest)

They may even cause more frustration to the ordinary citizens than the government
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by etimocity(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2022
as you can see some of you will still get mine to open mouth and say APC, PDP, athifeco and Tinubu this that. join me to labour.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bigpicture001: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2022
Cmanforall:

With their inaction to bring government to check for the common Nigerians (not their selfish interest)

They may even cause more frustration to the ordinary citizens than the government

SERAP alone is okay for that... But u see, ASUU, and Manny others, dey shld be banned
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by asto70: 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wisedove:

you can imagine the level of selfishness ,so their intension is to remain at home and be collecting salary while the students continue to rot away ,l wonder how we reason in this country the problems you have not been able to fix even before some of the do called lecturers graduated from the university it is now they want to fix them just like people in charge of electricity coming out to say there will be no light if government refuses to fix all their appliances ,l think ASUU should have s rethink.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bro4u: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wisedove:

Alright... You can delete it now boss
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by New007: 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Sunday2021:
the previous over 100 billion that was given to them,what improvements did they make in our education? They thought buhari is push and start president. ASSU is a selfish organization.
In fact I wish I am the president,I would have sacked the selfish basterds let them go and look for a job that will be paying them billions.
Selfish people that cannot even consider the students.
100 billion isn't enough for educational purposes oga.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by New007: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:
From their statement it seems the no work no pay policy, is beginning to affect them seriously.

I am sensing weakness, soon the ASUU members will revolt against their leadership.
That's the Nigeria we find ourselves in, unfortunately. Students just want to graduate and go. To where exactly? We need to get things right, even if it's the hard way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: UI Shut Over Students’ Protest / UNILAG SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS & DURATION - 09082964145 / How UNILAG’s Draconian Rule Threw Faculty Of Law Into Electoral Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.