Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM (15668 Views)

Nigerian King And His 4 Wives In Matching Outfits Causes Stir In London / Thousands Of Topless Swaziland's Virgins Dance For King To Celebrate Womanhood / National Museum Esie: House Of Images (the First Museum In Nigeria) Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by romeo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
It's funny how some people are trying so hard to force down history on others throat, Nobody is debating Bini history, nobody is debating Yoruba history etc, because they are based on documented facts. Why are we debating Igbo history? some of these people here will even tell you we came from Isreal LMAO
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2011
Infact in the olden days, it was ndi Nri that officiated in the coronation of Bini obas

OfoIgbo:

I don't expect the Edo on the streets to still know this, however the royal household and the major traditionalists in Edoland will know that

tales by moonlight.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ezeagu(m): 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2011
Abagworo:

Ohuhu and Ngwa are traditionally linked if you have read Ngwa history.The Ohuhu were just in Bende division while Ngwa was in Aba division.

It doesn't make sense to me because i think Ngwa is distinct enough to be on their own, and I believe an average Ohuhu person finds an Ngwa person hard to understand.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2011
and one thing i always find funny from all these fictional tales is that, whenever any group of people want to exalt their powers, they always have to drag the bini monarch into it. yoruba people will say in the olden days before the oba was crowned, he had to take authority from the ooni, and igbo man will say it was nri who officiated the ceremony. why is aligning your stories with the bini monarch so important to you clowns? is it becos bini was the most powerful kindgom and still is?
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ezeagu(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2011
Yes, it's because Bini is the most powerful kingdom.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
leave bini outta your silly arguments cos for all i know, nri was the same ikhime the bini man who you igbos corrupted to eze chime. and it was ikhime that civilized present day igbos not the archaic nri/eri the son of gad that never existed.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by Chyz2: 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
exotik:

leave bini outta your silly arguments cos for all i know, nri was the same ikhime the bini man who you igbos corrupted to eze chime. and it was ikhime that civilized present day igbos not the archaic nri/eri the son of gad that never existed.

And the bini influences apart from Anioma are where? Also, you should post the info about ikhime. Would like the read it.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ezeagu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
exotik:

Didn't we just agree that Bini was the most powerful kingdom, there's no need for your kimi fairytale.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by OfoIgbo: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
Exotic,

Nri kingdom is hundreds of years older than the Bini kingdom.
Artefacts ascribed to the Nri civilization (Igbo-Ukwu) are hundreds of years older than the best that your civilization could muster, and far more intricate that what your ancestors did hundreds of years later.

Nri built her influence without killing and maiming anyone because they had credibility. Your Bini civilisation spilled blood at every corner to enforce her rule.

Nri gave Bini the four days that I believe you guys still use till today (even though you guys may pronounce it slightly differently), so please you can go and study more about your past.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
ofigbo the british spilled blood also to establish their dominance across the world and till date nigerians mostly igbos are still licking their arses so spare me the bullcrap.

nri kingdom never existed. it was made up recently that's why even a lot of igbos do not know anything about the so-called nri. and nri dominance in igboland just happens to be prevalent in the same areas ikhime aka eze chime stepped foot.

u storytellers should focus on how to strengthen your recently made up stories about nri with other igbos and leave edo out of it.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by EzeUche(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
exotik I feel the Bini live in past glory. Their history was truly great, but now they are easily forgotten in this polity.

Many Bini still enjoy living in this past glory, but it is time they move on, because the Yoruba and Igbo have already surpassed them in all aspects.

It is similar to the Greeks and now Western Europeans who the Greeks once considered barbarians, but now their descendants need them to bail them out.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ChinenyeN(m): 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2011
If you people would like, carry this Bini-Nri discussion back to the Delta Igbo thread.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
exotik I feel the Bini live in past glory

yeah ryt. and igbos just cant seem to leave the same past glory alone.

u guys claim u are doing well and have moved on from the past, so why are u still aligning yourself with the same "past glory" of the binis to make yourself seem important in this present day? funny people
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by OfoIgbo: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2011
I noticed that you said nothing about the fact that the Nri-inspired archeological artefacts are far older than all those latter-day things you guys parade around.

Whether you like it or not, Nri is far older than Bini. Nri artefacts are far older than Bini.

Even your language Bini's coined from the Igbo phrase "Ilo Obi Inu" i.e the place of Bitter Heart or Bad temper
Iweka one of your first Obas, whom you all now call Eweka means means "Anger is great", with reference to the bitterness and bad-tempered nature of your people.

So basically, back in the dark ages, Igbo was the language of the Bini royal house.  And I still insist that ndi Nri crowned the early Bini obas.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by EzeUche(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2011
exotik:

yeah ryt. and igbos just cant seem to leave the same past glory alone.

u guys claim u are doing well and have moved on from the past, so why are u still aligning yourself with the same "past glory" of the binis to make yourself seem important in this present day? funny people

Who is "you guys?" Your Bini people's influence did not reach the Aro Confederacy.

Stop making generalizations and say it is "SOME" Igbos. Mostly from the Northern/Western Igbo clans who think being associated with the Benin Empire means that they are important. grin

Not all Igbo clans such as my own felt the Benin Empire's influence.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ezeagu(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
Oh no, you people are too funny. grin
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ChinenyeN(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
OfoIgbo:

I can assure you that all of the people challenging Nri cultural domination will find it difficult to name their great grand parents without ringing home to find out from dad or mum.
They definitely will not know the names of their Great Great Grand Parents.  Bear in mind these individuals were responsible for your being in this world.

So how do I expect you to know anything about Nri, when you can't name your own ancestors to a simple seventh generation?

You cannot assure anything. I know my lineage. And if there is anyone here that should be here taking note, it is you. Since when did it become okay to ignore an entire peoples' traditions? That is exactly what you are doing here. I told you who established our markets. You open your mouth to reply me, saying that it "never happened" (as if you are even in a position to know). I told you that Nri and Nri priests are a no-show. No Nze. No Ozo. No Ichi. No Igu Aro, etc. etc. Yet, you ignore all of that and continue to insist on some Nri cultural hegemony. Our neighboring and surrounding communities, and their traditions of old, coincide with and affirm the things I have been stating here in this thread. Yet, you insist on ignoring completely the traditions of these various communities, and do you know what I would call this ignorant attitude of yours? If nothing else, I would call it an insult. It is not okay to come here and ignore and entire peoples' traditions, or in this case, lack thereof.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by Obiagu1(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
@ exotik

You're not needed here, just go away.

There's a thread that was reserved for you, if your missing it, click here.

Go there and continue your stupidity.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
no, u are the idioot who think u can tell me where to post.

and oh, the other idioot is your fellow igbo bush man ifigbo who had to drag edo into his made up stories tomake nri seem important amongst other igbos. fools.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by Obiagu1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^

You've made your point, then waka comot. angry
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2011
sorry i have another point make. ofigbo the igbo bushman also had to post his shyte with a new id.

can't u see how idiiotic and cowardly the igbo man is? he had to wear a mask and come with a "new identity" just to engage fellow igbos his "brethrens" in a discussion to make his bushy and cowardly igbo clan seem more superior to other igbos. dummy
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ezeagu(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2011
exotik:

sorry i have another point make. ofigbo the igbo bushman also had to post his shyte with a new id.

can't u see how idiiotic and cowardly the igbo man is? he had to wear a mask and come with a "new identity" just to engage fellow igbos his "brethrens" in a discussion to make his bushy and cowardly igbo clan seem more superior to other igbos. dummy

All hail the Great and dominating powerful Benin, all hail Ikimi the progenitor of the Igbo kingdom, all hail the great emperor, Oba Iweka Eweka.

Okay, bye.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ak47mann(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
igbos use to rule bini before cheesy
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by vicenzo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
Wow! Ezeuche and chineye tag team,never saw that coming.

It's funny to see ezeuche challenging eze- nri's superiority over eze-aro,arochukwu that was founded yesterday.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by EzeUche(m): 12:09am On Aug 01, 2011
Why is Benin being mentioned in this thread?

Let them live in their past glories. We recognize that there empire [b]WAS [/b]great, but now we live in a different world.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by exotik: 2:44am On Aug 01, 2011
^ dat your "past glory" nonsense does not even make sense when all dat is being discussed in this thread is about the "past" and things dat happened in the "olden" days and u were quick to remind me of how great aro WAS in those olden days.

i guess igbos are the ones stuck in the past and living in past glories but they have their heads stuck so deep in their arses dat they don't just see it.
Ay i already told u guys earlier leave bini outta your silly arguments. u don't need us and our past glories to seem important. gud morning.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2011
Again Gentlemen, Please think again, what are you guys really arguing about.
Sometimes in an effort to win argument we begin to distort issues.

Like am now hearing of NRI kingdom. Nri existed, was influencial but was not a Kingdom.
Eze NRI never told nearby communities what to do, rather sold and propagated ideas, and gained an everlasting respect for it.
You guys are comparing Mango, with Orange. They are two different things.

I have tried explaining this to ChinenyeN and CO. Nri Influence, is not a Kingdom. It demanded no political allegiance. Only a cultural allegiance was made at the will of those who practiced it.
In strict definition of terms the only Nri Kingdom, began and ended within today's Nri community.

Igbos need no King either, that is why we perfected democracy even before the white man introduced it. The militaristic communities of Arochukwu and the likes are an Anomally, not a celebration in terms of our cultural trends. They probably managed resource scarcity by millitary tendency, while others did so by trade.

Go check your own community, your current Igwe seat was established probably in the 1950s.
Again if NRI is a kingdom, we will not have an Eze Nri, but Eze Igbo. Lets not throw away the beautiful system we had in an attempt to fit western ideology.

And I have thought about who is the most important person when it comes to Igbo culture, It is really not the Ez Nri, but the college of Nri priests that are still consulted when issues of Omenala are called. Think about, these priests could not have even been consulting the Eze Nri to make decisions since in many places they are located many days journey away from Nri. They only learnt their Ideology or rather theology from Nri directly or indirectly.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ChinenyeN(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2011
KenGali:

I have tried explaining this to ChinenyeN and CO. Nri Influence, is not a Kingdom. It demanded no political allegiance. Only a cultural allegiance was made at the will of those who practiced it.
And I've been saying that there was no cultural allegiance, not even the slightest recognition of Nri.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 03, 2011
ChinenyeN:

And I've been saying that there was no cultural allegiance, not even the slightest recognition of Nri.

The fact that you are arguing about it, shows either your community has very weak link to NRI or you are not knowledgeable enough in this aspect of your community's history.

My problem is that you rather speak in absolute terms about unwritten and unrecorded historical issues. While I do not wish to fall into the trap of stating that the opposite of your claim is the truth, you cannot truly and convincingly make that statement without providing an alternative originator of the Four Market Days, their associated Deities and the OZO stock exchange system in your area (even if you say you do not practice other NRI related concepts and have no NRI priests)

Also, if your people were truly renown for their trade, then you should be very careful making assertions about cultural influences, however impure and compelling you find it.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by Abagworo(m): 2:15am On Aug 03, 2011
KenGali:

The fact that you are arguing about it, shows either your community has very weak link to NRI or you are not knowledgeable enough in this aspect of your community's history.

My problem is that you rather speak in absolute terms about unwritten and unrecorded historical issues. While I do not wish to fall into the trap of stating that the opposite of your claim is the truth, you cannot truly and convincingly make that statement without providing an alternative originator of the Four Market Days, their associated Deities and the OZO stock exchange system in your area (even if you say you do not practice other NRI related concepts and have no NRI priests)

Also, if your people were truly renown for their trade, then you should be very careful making assertions about cultural influences, however impure and compelling you find it.

Ozo does not exist in Abia State.From Arochukwu down to Ndoki,they celebrate Ekpe and Ekpo as their tradition.They call money Ikpe,Okpo,Ikpeghe and other kp related names.They use ''ndii'' or ''ndaa'' as how instead of "kedu".There is however that trace of Igbo tradition which is generally believed to have Nri as its backbone.The "Amali" or "Amala" and "Omenali/Omenala.But I dont think Nri brought Ikpirikpiogu of Abiriba/Ohafia or Nwotam of Ngwa/Ndoki and most of their culture.The actual influence of Nri stops at Isuama.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ChinenyeN(m): 2:34am On Aug 03, 2011
Abagworo:
The "Amali" or "Amala" and "Omenali/Omenala.
Where is this coming from?

KenGali:

My problem is that you rather speak in absolute terms about unwritten and unrecorded historical issues. While I do not wish to fall into the trap of stating that the opposite of your claim is the truth, you cannot truly and convincingly make that statement without providing an alternative originator of the Four Market Days, their  associated Deities and the OZO stock exchange system in your area (even if you say you do not practice other NRI related concepts and have no NRI priests)

You're still here going on? My community has NO link to Nri. I've said it before. Our lineages and progenitors established our markets. We also do not have Ozo.
Re: Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM by ezeagu(m): 2:42am On Aug 03, 2011
Ekpe thing is recent when compared to Nri timespan. It's introduction could almost be put around the time of the arrival or Europeans, in some places the arrival of British. The okpogho thing refers to a certain kind of currency. The dependence of Ajala, Ajani in Abia state shows Nri influence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Arrival Of A New Baby Amongst Ndigbo. / Mayans' 2012 Prediction / How Many Nigerian Languages Can You Speak?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.