Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,125 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? (36690 Views)

What Lara Oweye-Wise, AIT Newscaster Does Before She Enters The Newsroom (Pics) / The Hollywood Reporter Writes About OJUJU / 'Body Of Desire' In AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by SSaemoenl(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2011
Dont worry, By the time I become Presido, All this Laba go show us their back. Enough of them please disturbing our ladies. angry angry angry
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Breeze5000: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2011
Everybody created by GOD is the same! Same Blood, same Spirit! So don't make it a big deal when a celebrity or someone in public eye post! They are not ghost that should have special a "Ghost's Forum" to communicate with each other, lol! Trust me when I tell you this, there are lots of Celebrities on this Forum, some reading most of the time while others just blends in.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Bankky1: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2011
The first time I heard this guy reporting news on AIT, I was really moved with his style of reporting to the extent that a female friend of I that was with me was asking me who he was.Ajuri, keep up the good work.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by goggs(m): 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2011
What so special about a white guy on AIT? Dont you guys see black dudes on BBC, CNN, SKY? Common! Let the Ajuri guy be. He is a Nigerian coming back home to serve his fatherland. He came back, he could have stayed back. Thats what matters, not the colour of his face! mscheeeeeeeeewwwwww!

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by franktolk(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2011
Nigerians, we too like wahala, even if the guy is a lebanese, is there anything wrong with that.AIT is an international TV station and I see no reason why they shouldn't go for the best hand anywhere in the world. Come to think of it, do you think we speak English the way it should be spoken? come abroad and you'll find out that very few people would understand our accents, a case of falling standard of education and collapse of organised system.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Jarus(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2011
LOL @ Odıaero claımıng to be Obasanjo typıng from Otta.

Very lıkely the Ajurı guy ıs the one Though.

I also dıd a 'Google Alert' for my name, and anywhere, anytıme my name ıs mentıoned on the net, I get alert to the lınk. Asıde that, I also google and yahoo-search my name almost everyday.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Niseamaka, are u from Nise?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by apache77(m): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2011
Ajuri Ngelale is the bomb…he is the next big thing to come in Nigerian broadcasting.you guys had better watch him. The only place he can go from here is up. Though his reporting is tentative (he is a rookie, by his own admission), his style is distinct and engaging, he has flowery rhetoric and a beautiful grasp of language. I always like his openings (Forced to work in a city where they cannot afford to live, Nigerian workers are in……… ) I remember him opening in one of his reports- I think when he was reporting the Maraba- Nyanyan traffic log jam a few weeks ago. He is very good and for a green horn, he is excellent. Once he gets to grips with the newsroom and becomes more confident, he will explode. I don’t see him staying there for long as the likes of CNN, BBC, SKY will soon come circling. I am watching him keenly.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by N101: 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2011
Does the name Ajuri Ngelale even sound Lebanese?? 
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by seeker(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2011
Some people sha! How did OP arrive at a Lebanese nationality for the guy? I don't know the guy or watch AIT, but merely looking at the name tells me it's highly unlikely that he is Lebanese.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by DisGuy: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2011
seeker:

Some people sha! [b]How did OP arrive at a Lebanese nationality for the guy? [/b]I don't know the guy or watch AIT, but merely looking at the name tells me it's highly unlikely that he is Lebanese.

LMAO, you know it's okay for people to be racist about others, especially nigerians!!

just more bigot exposing themselves nowadays, perhaps they dont know it until you call them out!

The dude even said he is half nigerian?

Imagine if some Norwegian had said this about a Black reporter in Europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by antitpiah: 12:13am On Jul 31, 2011
apache77:

Ajuri Ngelale is the bomb…he is the next big thing to come in Nigerian broadcasting.you guys had better watch him. The only place he can go from here is up. Though his reporting is tentative (he is a rookie, by his own admission), his style is distinct and engaging, he has flowery rhetoric and a beautiful grasp of language. I always like his openings (Forced to work in a city where they cannot afford to live, Nigerian workers are in……… ) I remember him opening in one of his reports- I think when he was reporting the Maraba- Nyanyan traffic log jam a few weeks ago. He is very good and for a green horn, he is excellent. Once he gets to grips with the newsroom and becomes more confident, he will explode. I don’t see him staying there for long as the likes of CNN, BBC, SKY will soon come circling. I am watching him keenly.

Very stupidddddd post

Of course, he is half - White, his grasp of the language would be superior to that of any Nigerian. Not even Chimamamda would be able to compete with him. AIT is doing a disservice to Nigerian graduates born and bred in Nigeria. There is no reason for this

But hey, looking at the level of complex amongst Nigerians, I won't be surprised if this becomes a trend. More unemployment for Nigerian graduates, more money and viewership for AIT leading to more unemployment for Nigerians which would definitely lead to more viewership for AIT et al from laid off and sedentary Nigerians, most of whom are not creative and well equipped WRT job creation. And, this would lead to more employment for half-Whites, Whites and anyone with "better accent" than those heavy accented Nigerians with poor grasp and usage of the language, and then the industry goes the way of the Oil, where Whites and any random non-Nigerian recruit is labeled expat.

Continue to watch keenly while foreigners take over your country, one industry at a time.

Mumuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus unlimited
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Akanbiedu(m): 12:52am On Jul 31, 2011
haba

protectionists need to chill down for a bit. We have people abroad working in those countries. We even see our people contesting elections there. why should Ajuni's case be different?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by antitpiah: 12:56am On Jul 31, 2011
^^^

Are you comparing western economies to Nigeria's?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Niseamaka(m): 1:02am On Jul 31, 2011
Yeah, misterme, i am from Nise.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Akanbiedu(m): 1:06am On Jul 31, 2011
You mean its better economy that makes them accept outsiders? even in elective posts
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by antitpiah: 1:11am On Jul 31, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

You mean its better economy that makes them accept outsiders? even in elective posts

Are you daft? IS this thread about elective posts?

Abi oloshi ni e ni?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Akanbiedu(m): 1:13am On Jul 31, 2011
Besides, If I were AIT and "DEJO TUNFULU" is the man that would give the type of audience I need, that's who I would hire. I am not government.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Akanbiedu(m): 1:15am On Jul 31, 2011
antitpiah:

Are you daft? IS this thread about elective posts?

Abi oloshi ni e ni?

Looks like you people go through an "abusive school" before joining NL. Is that seriously the only way you can communicate?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by antitpiah: 1:18am On Jul 31, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Looks like you people go through an "abusive school" before joining NL. Is that seriously the only way you can communicate?

I know of no other way to talk to dead-beat ediots!
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Akanbiedu(m): 1:24am On Jul 31, 2011
I should have known otapiapiah what a name. omo alata, iyawo agbero. you can not be helped.

CEO naughtywoman
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by WebSurfer(m): 2:16am On Jul 31, 2011
lol
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by WebSurfer(m): 2:17am On Jul 31, 2011
Click on my signature and get yourself updated,
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by tpia5: 3:41am On Jul 31, 2011
i do hope akanbi-edu knows he's addressing a male, or transgendered.

i also hope he [akanbi-edu] isnt confusing me with a rascal?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Basics007: 4:36am On Jul 31, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I should have known otapiapiah what a name. omo alata, iyawo agbero. you can not be helped.

CEO naughtywoman
Lwkmd. Are you sure you too didnt graduate from that school of abuse cos this one na wa o.
But is tpiah and antipiah the same person?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Basics007: 4:42am On Jul 31, 2011
But i need that real/fake Ajuri guy to come back to this thread and confirm his identity somehow. He cant just leave me hanging like that. Maybe if we start abusing him we will smoke him out
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by DisGuy: 5:42am On Jul 31, 2011
Basics007:

But i need that real/fake Ajuri guy to come back to this thread and confirm his identity somehow. He cant just leave me hanging like that. Maybe if we start abusing him we will smoke him out

HE did already, he will probably have to be in here 24/7 to continue defending himself or answering people why a Nigerian/White is getting a job in Nigeria  undecided

This is the real Ajuri Ngelale. I googled and I found this thread about me falsely calling me lebanese. So I wanted you all to know the truth about me. I no dey vex, no walhala. Nice to know that some of you appreciate my efforts. I do what I do to shed light on issues in a way that people in authority can't hide from. Time for transformation and Im just doing my part. Yes, [b]Im from Rivers State Nigeria and proud to be back home. Back for good. [/b]Hopefully, I can contribute my small quota to making our nation greater than it already is. Take care all. (Natasha listen to what I'm saying next time, don't laugh lol)
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Seekers(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2011
Basics007:

the guy is fake, got prove bt no one fork up de guy's parol.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by apache77(m): 9:02am On Jul 31, 2011
antitpiah:

Very stupidddddd post

Of course, he is half - White, his grasp of the language would be superior to that of any Nigerian. Not even Chimamamda would be able to compete with him. AIT is doing a disservice to Nigerian graduates born and bred in Nigeria. There is no reason for this

But hey, looking at the level of complex amongst Nigerians, I won't be surprised if this becomes a trend. More unemployment for Nigerian graduates, more money and viewership for AIT leading to more unemployment for Nigerians which would definitely lead to more viewership for AIT et al from laid off and sedentary Nigerians, most of whom are not creative and well equipped WRT job creation. And, this would lead  to more employment for half-Whites, Whites and anyone with "better accent" than those heavy accented Nigerians with poor grasp and usage of the language,  and then the industry goes the way of the Oil, where Whites and any random non-Nigerian recruit is labeled expat.

Continue to watch keenly while foreigners take over your country, one industry at a time.

Mumuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus unlimited

[b]This Antitpiah is a mor0n, people like you have a complex that borders on inferiority.  You are just empty- or how does being half white equate to having a better or superior grasp of language? Do you know how many white people who cannot even speak English? You are just a big fool. And his (Ajuri) being white means he can speak or write English better than a Nigerian? Better than Chimamanda? This guy your brain must be in your arse. Chimamanda is not even a native speaker of the English language- it is just a second tongue (she schooled in UNN if an ignoramus like you does not know anyway), but she has a better grasp of language than many English or British folks- and when I say English or Brittish, I mean indigent Britons.

Chinua Achebe is a professor in Brown University, Rhodes Island where he teaches white people about Africa in English. How many white people do you think have a better grasp of English than Wole Soyinka? Many cannot even hold a candle to him. That said, nobody even said Ajuri is white, they said he is Lebanese. Lebanese don’t speak English, they speak Lebanese, they learn English as a second tongue just like us- so how does that make them more advantageous than us in terms of proficiency. You are just a local breed with very little or no exposure, so Nairaland happens to give you a voice- I blame Seun

That said too, if your ilk were Americans, Obama would never be president. People like you complain about racism, but if our situation with Caucasians was  reversed (and just incase you don’t understand what I mean, being such a dim wit- if Nigerians were inhabitants or indigenes of America), no other person would live there much less get a job. AIT employs one ‘white Lebanese’ -as he says- among maybe a hundred, and he is saying they are creating employment for non Nigerians. If you even read through the post carefully, you will see where the issue of Ajuri’s nationality is put to rest. You don’t even have to read carefully sef- right on the second post the man himself talks. But because you access the internet in cafes where time is a premium, you don’t have the patience to even follow the thread.

Next time, keep your pretensions about intellectualism to yourself; don’t come hastily here to start blabbing- that is ugly self promotion, typical of upstarts. It’s nobody’s fault if you have a bad accent (only God or you, knows what that means anyway) and feel slighted by Ajuri, but even if your diction is bogged down by a heavy mother tongue transfer or received pronunciation, slandering a system just because it accommodates a qualified man based on ethnicity is just outright ungracious.
Your type make me puke.
[/b]
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by Sike(m): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2011
Hmmmm. INTERESTING!
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by antitpiah: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2011
apache77:

This Antitpiah is a mor0n, people like you have a complex that borders on inferiority.  You are just empty- or how does being half white equate to having a better or superior grasp of language? Do you know how many white people that cannot even speak English? You are just a big fool. And his (Ajuri) being white means he can speak or write English better than a Nigerian? Better than Chimamanda? This guy your brain must be in your arse. Chimamanda is not even a native speaker of the English language- it is just a second tongue (she schooled in UNN if an ignoramus like you does not know anyway), but she has a better grasp of language than many English or British folks- and when I say English or Brittish, I mean [size=18pt][b]indigent Britons.[/size]

Your type make me puke.
[/b]

What does that mean sir? Mr. I speak oyinbo pass oyinbo people
Re: Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? by apache77(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2011
It means people who are indigenes of Great Britain, and just in case you don;t know-it is the largest of europe's islands consisting of England, scotland, Northern Ireland and wales. When you dont know- ask, dont come and start sounding off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Frodd In Tears After He Escaped Eviction (photo) / Bbnaija - “I Want My Girl Back” Lolu Begs Anto As Tobi Keeps Flirting With Her. / BBNaija: Frodd Evicted From Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.