Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos (660 Views)

103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara / Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos by Dramadiddy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
Two female passengers died on Wednesday when a 20-seater boat which departed Ipakodo ferry terminal in Ikorodu capsized.

The General Manager of Lagos State Waterways Authority, Oluwadamilola Emmanuel, who made this known in a statement, said the boat capsized almost immediately after take-off.

He said 15 occupants of the capsized boat were rescued alive.

The statement read, “At about 7.45am today (Wednesday), the 6th of July 2022, a 20 passenger ferry boat carrying 17 passengers named “R & N 2” suddenly capsized not more than 200 meters from the terminal and submerged immediately after it departed the Ipakodo ferry terminal in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

“ The Water guards and the search and rescue team of the Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) were mobilized to the scene of the incident, leading to the rescue of 15 persons alive.

“While two female unconscious passengers were rushed to the nearest hospital for treatment. They were, however, later confirmed dead at the hospital.

“The Boat Captain is currently being investigated by the relevant authorities while full investigation into the cause of this mishap is ongoing as of the time of this press release.”

In another comment, a frequent passenger pointed out that the life boats are mostly worn out and not able to keep a human afloat in the case of an accident.

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 OAM4J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8Cb33kEGA

Re: 2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos by Cypress042(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
sad
Re: 2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos by holluwizzy: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
This rainy season and the ferry transport is something else.

Just pray rain did not fall after take off.

The last time I went, I just zero my mind and started remembering all the atrocities have committed and my twins ( children).

Since then, I have been avoiding it and the need to overhaul those ferry's, most of them will off in the middle of the journey.

So annoying.
Re: 2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos by Dramadiddy(m): 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2022
holluwizzy:
This rainy season and the ferry transport is something else.

Just pray rain did not fall after take off.

The last time I went, I just zero my mind and started remembering all the atrocities have committed and my twins ( children).

Since then, I have been avoiding it and the need to overhaul those ferry's, most of them will off in the middle of the journey.

So annoying.
the fact that they do not maintain their life boats regularly is a very big red flag
Re: 2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos by holluwizzy: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
They need to check them every morning before allowing them to que for picking passengers.

65% of them are not good and will off while on motion which scares the shit of out the passengers.

Dramadiddy:
the fact that they do not maintain their life boats regularly is a very big red flag

1 Like

Re: 2 People Die In Boat Mishap In Lagos by NNTR: 1:49am On Jul 07, 2022
Dramadiddy:
Two female passengers died on Wednesday when a 20-seater boat which departed Ipakodo ferry terminal in Ikorodu capsized.

The General Manager of Lagos State Waterways Authority, Oluwadamilola Emmanuel, who made this known in a statement, said the boat capsized almost immediately after take-off.

He said 15 occupants of the capsized boat were rescued alive.

The statement read, “At about 7.45am today (Wednesday), the 6th of July 2022, a 20 passenger ferry boat carrying 17 passengers named “R & N 2” suddenly capsized not more than 200 meters from the terminal and submerged immediately after it departed the Ipakodo ferry terminal in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

“ The Water guards and the search and rescue team of the Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) were mobilized to the scene of the incident, leading to the rescue of 15 persons alive.

“While two female unconscious passengers were rushed to the nearest hospital for treatment. They were, however, later confirmed dead at the hospital.

“The Boat Captain is currently being investigated by the relevant authorities while full investigation into the cause of this mishap is ongoing as of the time of this press release.”

In another comment, a frequent passenger pointed out that the life boats are mostly worn out and not able to keep a human afloat in the case of an accident.

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 OAM4J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8Cb33kEGA
What kind dumb running up and down the place with the lady on the shoulder is that for?
So does all that mean that no one present in the crowd knows how to do the CPR emergency procedure ni?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Newslagos-based Valuejet Takes Delivery Of Two Bombardier CRJ900 Jets Ahead Of L / Enugu Peeps Pls Recommend A Good Hotel For Me / Being A Tourist In Ilorin Nigeria | What To Do In Ilorin 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.