Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem (1829 Views)

Obesity Is Fast Increasing In Africa And Nigeria / Please Help! Does It Mean I Have A Serious Health Problem? / Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by petrous123(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
obesity is defined as excess body fat.
overeating and lack of exercise are the major etiological factors
for health info visit me @www.drpeteronline.com
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by owo2390(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
How many people are considered obese or overweight in Nigeria?
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by petrous123(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
we lack data in nigeria so i can say the prevalence rate.obesity is a global health problem
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by owo2390(m): 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
Yea its serious.
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by Agnesqueen(f): 5:25am On Jul 27, 2011
I know being overweight is a serious problem in Nigeria because since my last visit there were quite a few overweight people (mostly older adults to the elderly). I have not seen obese people yet, maybe it is because i'm comparing it to the obese population in America. Maybe we should start telling Nigeria to stop eating fufu for breakfast lunch and dinner, that might cut down on it a bit.
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by Greenpro: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2011
Is not a serious problem when you know the solution.

Green world solution to obesity is here.
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by EWalker: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2011
Obesity is an excess proportion of total body fat. A person is considered obese when his or her weight is 20% or more above normal weight. Obesity occurs when a person consumes more calories than he or she burns. For many people this boils down to eating too much and exercising too little. But there are other factors that also play a role in obesity.
More about the causes, treatment and simple exercises for people suffering from obesity is give in the below site.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004552/
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by petrous123(m): 4:41am On Aug 05, 2011
get info on general health issues@
www.drpeteronline.com
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by AmakaG29(f): 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2012
Obesity has several co-morbidities that it either causes or enhances. It can even augment the effects of asthma.
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by slimming: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Greenpro: Is not a serious problem when you know the solution.

Green world solution to obesity is here.

Green world products will get you there safely
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by pstjoga: 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Do want to know more about the 4 healthy steps to conquer obesity without drugs?
Call me on 08132248770 and be part of our FREE Health Seminar in a location near you and learn. You can also send an SMS with your name and location to direct you appropriately.
You will be amazed how easy it is to overpower Obesity. For us, IT'S A CAMPAIGN!!!
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by pstjoga: 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
owo2390:
How many people are considered obese or overweight in Nigeria?
A recent study says 1 in 8 Nigerian men is obese!
Re: Obesity Is A Serious Health Problem by pstjoga: 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Agnesqueen:
I know being overweight is a serious problem in Nigeria because since my last visit there were quite a few overweight people (mostly older adults to the elderly). I have not seen obese people yet, maybe it is because i'm comparing it to the obese population in America. Maybe we should start telling Nigeria to stop eating fufu for breakfast lunch and dinner, that might cut down on it a bit.
The more reason you need to attend the FREE HEALTH SEMINAR! Send me an SMS on 08132248770 with your name and location and I will guide you.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Physiotherapy Hospital Within Lagos / These Are The 24 Reasonsnigerian Doctors Are Onstrike / 11 Types Of Annoying People You Meet At The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.