Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP (429 Views)

PDP Senatorial Aspirant, Abubakar Nuhu Ɗan Buran Defects To APC / Buhari Names Godknows Igali As APC Senatorial Aspirant, Bayelsa / "What We Will Do If Saraki Joins PDP" – Abdullahi Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by bigboluet(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
2023: Ondo APC senatorial aspirant, Awosika, joins PDP, decries level of insecurity

An aspirant of the ruling All Progressive Congress, in the last senatorial primary elections in Ondo State, Dr Tola Awosika, has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Recall that Awosika resigned from the ruling All Progressives Congress APC last week.

Awosika’s spokesperson, Prince Segun Adesemoye, told newsmen in Akure, that Awosikas interest in politics is to support the unity and progress of the country, promote good governance and democracy and work for improved welfare of the people and sustainable development of their communities.

“Awosika decried the level of insecurity in this country, describing the attendant loss of lives as grossly unacceptable.

He therefore called for urgent proactive measures to stem the tide.

The Senatorial aspirant has therefore directed all his “loyalists and supporters and all members of the TEA Movement to join the PDP in their various wards and local Governments across the state while arrangements to register him at his ward has commenced.

Adesemoye said that the date for official declaration of Awosika will be announced shortly.

Recall that Awosika in his resignation letter had described the APC as haven of of vendetta and injustice

He lamented that ” it has become impossible for young vibrant people who are passionate about service and ready to give back to the people to achieve their desires in APC.

“It is my fervent belief that politics is about fulfilling the aspiration of the people and ensuring sustainable development of communities.

” I envisioned a political party where the youths are not just given access, but one in which all are treated equally and on merit.

“I joined the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State not because I was desperate to contest or attain position but for my passion to see a better society where both young and old are living peacefully with unfettered access to basic necessities they need to live meaningful, productive lives.

“I joined the senatorial race with the hope of giving the good people of Ondo Central Senatorial District an unusually responsible, accountable and purposeful representation; my team and I worked very hard and toured the six local Governments of the district.

“The acceptability and support we enjoyed was unbelievably overwhelming, the people heaved a sigh of relief and their hope was rekindled, they joined the train and were hoping for the breath of fresh air that we represent. The rest is history.

“After the primary elections, I got calls from my supporters across the country seeking to know our next move as the APC has become a haven of vendetta and injustice.

“We are left with no choice than to keep searching for better days and working hard to secure the future of the good people of Ondo State.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/2023-ondo-apc-senatorial-aspirant-awosika-joins-pdp-decries-level-of-insecurity/

Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by bigboluet(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
Things are becoming clearer
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
Before 2023, Tinubu will be left standing alone in his useless and evil APC

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Richardonald(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
No wahala
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Totilopussylick(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Agbado and casava republic will be alone eventually tongue.
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by lonecatt(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
defections from apc knows no tribe
It is an all round the country response
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Xscape1993(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
APC final burial is at hand...
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by nazicartel(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
He lost nah. Are you expecting him to stay in APC ?
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by masinga07(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
God go punish all the supporters of this useless APC government.
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Truthisunique2: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Dem go say he lost primaries as usual

Na only apc members dey lose primaries

Wake up smell the coffee, there is a masses dissatisfaction with apc

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Prince111111: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
APC on its way to Oblivion
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Truthisunique2: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
nazicartel:
but no be only apc people dey lose na
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Ogamysamo: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
nazicartel:
he didn't take the membership oath very well, in victory and in defeat, with or without power
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Ogamysamo: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
TEA Movement, which kind movement wey politics no go bring come 9ja? tea movement! bread movement! cat movement! bat movement favor movement obedient movement
na catwalking movement i stil de observe now grin
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by cybersoldiers: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
Emilokan Agbado cassava will hear am.

Enough of the suffering in the land.
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Penguin2: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
While Obi is sure of his Southeast and Southsouth zones…

Tinubu’s Southwest might end up being divided into three equal halves grin.

I wonder how Tinubu wants to win the election
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by XerXers: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
We thought APC would become a yoruba party but we are wrong, it will become Tinubu party
Re: 2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP by Morningstarrr(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
I honestly thought the south west will be a total lockdown for BAT. But with the way things are going, all I can say is hmmnnn…….

(1) (Reply)

We Will Waste Our Votes On A Party Without Structure - Pastor Sarah Omakwu / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Throwback To When Peter Obi Murdered Awkusu People Through SARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.