Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? (1829 Views)

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million / Wife Gifts Her Husband Her Entire Savings (pics/video) / See What I Bought With My Savings And Help From Some Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pls advise.
I'm 6months pregnant. The way I work hard before doing my small business has declined. I have successfully saved 500k.

My husband is not helping fianancially at all. He claimed he's into Forex trading and online business. All his money goes there.
He promised we will change appartintment from the free one we're presently in, but as soon as I agreed and got pregnant, he relaxed and refused to make any effort toward that.
I will soon deliver and he has no savings. He has not been contributing to any of my hospital expenses, home upkeep either. All his money goes into paying loan app and funding his online business.

I'm so disappointed in him.

He keeps petting me with words. He's cunning and manipulative.
I feel like getting an apartment and move there alone without him.

I want a better accommodation before I put to birth. Our present place is terrible, it needs renovation. Almost everywhere is leaking during rain.

I'm thinking of getting a one bedroom apartment of 350k from my money. I know more expenses await me and all that, but I really need to stand up for myself and my forth coming baby.

What do you suggest I do?
In this marriage, I've seen I'm going to be all by myself fianancially.
How should i manage this season in my life to scale through? Pls advise
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by dawnomike(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
sharon12345:
Pls advise.
I'm 6months pregnant. The way I work hard before doing my small business has declined. I have successfully saved 500k.

My husband is not helping fianancially at all. He claimed he's into Forex trading and online business. All his money goes there.
He promised we will change appartintment from the free one we're presently in, but as soon as I agreed and got pregnant, he relaxed and refused to make any effort toward that.
I will soon deliver and he has no savings. He has not been contributing to any of my hospital expenses, home upkeep either. All his money goes into paying loan app and funding his online business.

I want a better accommodation before I put to birth. Our present place is terrible, it needs renovation. Almost everywhere is leaking during rain.

I'm thinking of getting a one bedroom apartment of 350k from my money. I know more expenses await me and all that, but I really need to stand up for myself and my forth coming baby.

Let's start here: How long have you been married?
If your marriage is still young, talk him into you guys getting an apartment from your savings together... For him to still be petting you, he has some goodness in him. He is not just doing things the right way.

I hope is so called online business is not sport betting... If he is genuinely into a good online biz, he should be out of his mess soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by blazingblender(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
sharon12345:
Pls advise.

your hubby may be sincere
You see online business is just like farming
You have to put in alot of time money and effort for it to mature and bear great fruits
But the only mistake your husband made was getting married before running his stuff
He should have waited a bit until he is financially matured enough
Well just stay with him for the now and pray for a change
But wait ooh you guys have been married and you don't even know his source of income ??

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by eyinjuege: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
500k is really small money that will disappear in the twinkle of an eye.
Don't spend that money yet because you don't know how the labour and delivery will go
You will need the savings more after you give birth and nothing is coming in for the first few months because you're not strong enough to work.
You need to feed, especially since your housemate will not feed you
Please move to your parents house or a relative's house if possible till you can start working
If no relatives to move in with for a short period, just think well about. The man will probably still come find you at your new place once rent is due

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by ZaRuleOfLaw: 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
sharon12345:
Pls advise.
I have successfully saved 500k.

What do you suggest I do? Pls advise

you said that your present accommodation is free. I suggest you get a good carpenter & tell him to fix the leaking roof. he will change a few sheets and patch up the rest. it might not exceed 200k, which means that you will still have some change from the 500k. maximize your free accommodation jare. renting a new apartment is going to stress you much and your present condition doesn't need that. all the best.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
Don't spend that money..u will need it.. and do family planning immediately u give birth...

Opt out as soon as u starts seeing positive financial differences on his side...I mean serious financial differences..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
ZaRuleOfLaw:
you said that your present accommodation is free. I suggest you get a good carpenter & tell him to fix the leaking roof. he will change a few sheets and patch up the rest. it might not exceed 200k, which means that you will still have some change from the 500k. maximize your free accommodation jare. renting a new apartment is going to stress you much and your present condition doesn't need that. all the best.
Fixing the house is a big project. Carpenter said if they touch it, more expenses will follow. It wouldn't be only zinc any more.
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by emmanuelbrown26: 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
Let me give u elderly advice.
Since u hv known d root cause of why u are planning to rent another apartment, it will better u tackle d root cause which is fixing d roof and ceiling, since d rent is free (as someone has suggested)
Secondly, renting another apartment will definitely finish your 500k savings bcs by d time u pay rent of 350k, what about d cost of logistics and miscellaneous, by d time u factor all these things, u will know that 500k will not even be enough.
Thirdly, remember that baby is on d way, only NAN 1 is around 3k to 4k depending on d location and Nan 1 finishes within 4 to 5 days depending on how d baby would eat.
Fourthly, whatever u are doing to save upto 500k, I will suggest u lease d space for someone to manage it for u, urs will be to supervise or monitor pending when u will put to bed, bcs right now, u don't need much stress at all.
Mak I stop here for now and I wish u safe delivery

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
dawnomike:
Let's start here: How long have you been married?
If your marriage is still young, talk him into you guys getting an apartment from your savings together... For him to still be petting you, he has some goodness in him. He is not just doing things the right way.

I hope is so called online business is not sport betting... If he is genuinely into a good online biz, he should be out of his mess soon
That's the manipulative part of it. It's not any good in him.
It's bad. Because me I can't be petting him with sweet words when I'm suppose to help him out fianancially. It's pure evil.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
Let me give u elderly advice.
Since u hv known d root cause of why u are planning to rent another apartment, it will better u tackle d root cause which is fixing d roof and ceiling, since d rent is free (as someone has suggested)
Secondly, renting another apartment will definitely finish your 500k savings bcs by d time u pay rent of 350k, what about d cost of logistics and miscellaneous, by d time u factor all these things, u will know that 500k will not even be enough.
Thirdly, remember that baby is on d way, only NAN 1 is around 3k to 4k depending on d location and Nan 1 finishes within 4 to 5 days depending on how d baby would eat.
Fourthly, whatever u are doing to save upto 500k, I will suggest u lease d space for someone to manage it for u, urs will be to supervise or monitor pending when u will put to bed, bcs right now, u don't need much stress at all.
Mak I stop here for now and I wish u safe delivery
Fixing the house is not an option. A carpenter said, it's a big project. Because the wood holding the zinc is bad as well. So removing zink will lead to many other problem.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by frozen70(f): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2022
sharon12345:
Pls advise.

Sorry for what you have been through and still going through

If you still want that marriage or you are still interested in the marriage

Keep your money saved put to bed there when he sees how inconvenience that place is he will make move to start looking for apartments

But if you get an appointment and pay and he moves in with you he will never ever renew the rent honestly he will not

So more responsibilities will still be on you

But if you know that you are tired of him and you can't stand it anymore

Then get an appointment and move have your baby safely but he will still trick you to come and see the baby from there he will still trick you and pack in, then that means you will continue from square 2

But left for me, stay where you are let him see things by himself that the apartment is no longer accommodating with the arrival of the baby and keep saving till the child gets to a reasonable age where you can move on with the child, that is if you won't be pregnant for the second child while staying there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Acidosis(m): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2022
eyinjuege:
Don't spend that money yet because you don't know how the labour and delivery will go
You will need the savings more after you give birth and nothing is coming in for the first few months because you're not strong enough to work.
Please move to your parents house or a relative's house if possible till you can start working
If no relatives to move in with for a short period, just think well about. The man will probably still come find you at your new place once rent is due

Nothing else to add.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by piroux(f): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2022
I don’t support you remaining in that house. If you had more than 500k, I would also advise you to get your apartment. However that money is small. How will you survive when the baby comes? Are you going to get any form of maternity leave payment? If not, like someone said, find family members or friends with space that you can stay with.

This might also open your husband’s eyes. He would realize you are serious about your demands and maybe begin to work towards what is important for his family

Personally, I don’t enjoy staying with people and I can be impulsive when my tolerance limit has been reached. I would honestly have gotten the apartment already and be living with the consequences by now.

Just think things through and do what we’re rod best for you and your baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Kirchoffs: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2022
Even people like me with over 5million in savings still prefer to stay with my parents, I wouldn't even dare say I want to rent an apartment now , how much you with 500k that money will disappear in the twinkle of an eye.

Stay put

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Kingekeh(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2022
Granted, you have been trying your best and deserve commendation. Also, granted, your companion is not doing well financially, and by extension, has been unwittingly failing in his responsibility financially and should try doing better. That, however, ought not to have bred your obvious resentment towards him, citing your statement like "I feel like getting an apartment and move there alone without him."

It is better imagined than to witness how you have been abusing him in different ways because of his present financial condition, and if in the near future he becomes financially successful and better than you and decides to treat you like trash, you will start singing the usual song "I was there for him when he had nothing and even fed him."

My point is that don't allow the present situation to weigh you down completely and cause you to always abuse him, provided that you know that other than his present financial sorry state, he is a good man and has good intentions towards you. Meanwhile, have an open and honest discussion with him about the accommodation, tell him about your savings and wishes and put heads together and come up with a practicable solution to the need. I don't want to believe that he is an idiot and will try to exploit you if he knows that you have some savings.
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by boldx(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2022
It is time for some serious action!

1 Like

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by boldx(m): 9:37am On Jul 08, 2022
sharon12345:
Pls advise.

Now you know the kind of man you have married. You need to do what makes you happy. No time for emotions. And talk to his family so that he can sit up. A lazy man cannot be the Head of the family. You need to give him some reason to have a rethink about his life in a near decent way so that he can grow up and take responsibility. A man that cannot take care of his family is not worthy to be called a man. At least, let him fail while trying, but he must show deep concern.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by UptownVibes(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2022
boldx:

Now you know the kind of man you have married. You need to do what makes you happy. No time for emotions. And talk to his family so that he can sit up. A lazy man cannot be the Head of the family. You need to give him some reason to have a rethink about his life in a near decent way so that he can grow up and take responsibility. A man that cannot take care of his family is not worthy to be called a man. At least, let him fail while trying, but he must show deep concern.
Seems you didn't see the part,where she stated that he is into online biz. Just that it hasn't started yielding income. My question is,didn't op see the state her husband was before getting married to him and even going as far as getting pregnant ? Everybody knows how the country is messed up now,so one has to be very careful when making decisions. If you go renting an apartment, without his permission or support, you might be playing dice with ur marriage. Op keep your money,let's see if he ,your husband will want to have and raise his child under bad roof .. The reason why he is relaxed is because you have been taking care of his responsibilities.
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by faithfull18(f): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2022
Na wa oh. Taking care of a baby is money oh. Hmmn, you might think 500k is a lot of money until you start dipping your hands into it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kirchoffs:
Even people like me with over 5million in savings still prefer to stay with my parents, I wouldn't even dare say I want to rent an apartment now , how much you with 500k that money will disappear in the twinkle of an eye.

Stay put
You mean even if you're married with 5million in your account, you can not rent an accommodation?
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
UptownVibes:
Seems you didn't see the part,where she stated that he is into online biz. Just that it hasn't started yielding income. My question is,didn't op see the state her husband was before getting married to him and even going as far as getting pregnant ? Everybody knows how the country is messed up now,so one has to be very careful when making decisions. If you go renting an apartment, without his permission or support, you might be playing dice with ur marriage. Op keep your money,let's see if he ,your husband will want to have and raise his child under bad roof .. The reason why he is relaxed is because you have been taking care of his responsibilities.
For any business minded person, you don't invest everything at once. They ought to be money for family expenses as well.
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2022
boldx:

Better.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
piroux:
I don’t support you remaining in that house. If you had more than 500k, I would also advise you to get your apartment. However that money is small. How will you survive when the baby comes? Are you going to get any form of maternity leave payment? If not, like someone said, find family members or friends with space that you can stay with.

This might also open your husband’s eyes. He would realize you are serious about your demands and maybe begin to work towards what is important for his family

Personally, I don’t enjoy staying with people and I can be impulsive when my tolerance limit has been reached. I would honestly have gotten the apartment already and be living with the consequences by now.

Just think things through and do what we’re rod best for you and your baby.
Same here. I feel it will be too much load on a family relative.
Maybe I will reduce the cost of the apartment to a self contain as one of my friend advised.
My very aim is to reposition my husband. Because if I must stay married to him for the rest of my life, they are things he must work on.
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by GboyegaD(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2022
What were the initial agreements as per the place? Were there plans to leave or is the leakage a new issue?

I wouldn't encourage you to get a new place yet as that is indulging your husband. Tell him the need to ensure you guys pull funds to get a decent place before the baby arrives and you can then meet him half way with the cost.
Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by sharon12345: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kingekeh:
Granted, you have been trying your best and deserve commendation. Also, granted, your companion is not doing well financially, and by extension, has been unwittingly failing in his responsibility financially and should try doing better. That, however, ought not to have bred your obvious resentment towards him, citing your statement like "I feel like getting an apartment and move there alone without him."

It is better imagined than to witness how you have been abusing him in different ways because of his present financial condition, and if in the near future he becomes financially successful and better than you and decides to treat you like trash, you will start singing the usual song "I was there for him when he had nothing and even fed him."

My point is that don't allow the present situation to weigh you down completely and cause you to always abuse him, provided that you know that other than his present financial sorry state, he is a good man and has good intentions towards you. Meanwhile, have an open and honest discussion with him about the accommodation, tell him about your savings and wishes and put heads together and come up with a practicable solution to the need. I don't want to believe that he is an idiot and will try to exploit you if he knows that you have some savings.
Abusing him? How?

And if God is going to bless him in the nearby future to be wealthy, I know God will not forget me because I am not lazy.

Loaning money from one loan app to another and investing all he has monthly in an online business as he claimed, without considering upkeep and shelter is not good enough.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Ishilove: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
eyinjuege:
Heh. Housemate indeed

1 Like

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Drfernandez(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ishilove:

Heh. Housemate indeed

Ishilove, once more, you can start getting ready because I have discussed with OPM Pastor Chinyere about the possibility of matchmaking you with the rescued homeless actor, Aguba. In fact, I suggest you embark on 7 days fasting immediately so that he won't turn you down to be his wife. I even had to lie to the pastor that you have not known a man all your life, even though you are not a virgin, but got deflowered while riding a bicycle. I will continue doing everything possible to make them believe that you are a good wife material, after all, there is no campaign after election.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by mastermaestro(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
sharon12345:
Fixing the house is not an option. A carpenter said, it's a big project. Because the wood holding the zinc is bad as well. So removing zink will lead to many other problem.

Don’t embark on a renovation project that will waste your savings. Some people don’t know the current costs of wood and roofing sheets, that’s why they are encouraging you to begin a wild goose chase. Nor go there o!

A free house is not even a good option for a young married couple aiming to do well in life. It would encourage laziness and nonchalance. I like your resolve to move out of there. Free housing can be a hindrance, many don’t know. You would wake up every day thinking all is well when in fact your life is wasting away.

I would suggest you move in with close family relative to save some money for your delivery and its accompanying expenses. Post delivery, precisely when you are strong enough to return to business, you can prioritise getting a decent apartment.

Last last your husband head go correct when him see say you mean business. Please stay strong. You will pull through. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Channah1(f): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
What are you still waiting for?

It's very clear he's not willing to move or do anything to make life comfortable for you and the unborn child. So you're already on your even while leaving with him therefore it will make no difference if you move out and get an apartment for you your baby.

The earlier you do, the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by Ok12345(f): 3:45am On Jul 09, 2022
This would have been my story but I japa!!!

No one says online business is not good oo but it should only take 30% of your money, 70% should go into physical business or you look for a job to support yourself or your family.

Na so so promise you go dey get if you marry someone who does online business with 100% of his or her capital.

Madam if you are in lagos, live according to your means,you can move to a room apartment in the mainland since it is only you and the baby.It should not be more or less than 200k with agreement,by the time you finish spending the remaining 300k ,your baby should be old enough so you can go back to work,and get used to your husband giving your excuses if he continues with that online business, I wasted 3yrs of my life doing that. Ire ooo

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get An Appartment From My Savings Or What Should I Do? by MMotimo: 3:50am On Jul 09, 2022
Wrong thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy 27th Birthday John Obavoh / Cleric Impregnates Clients Wife / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.