Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Don't Public Office Holders Pay For Their Food? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Don't Public Office Holders Pay For Their Food? (316 Views)

4 Safety Steps For Public Office Holders When Invited Abroad - Shehu Sani / Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office / Onnoghen Convicted, Banned From Holding Public Office For 10 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Public Office Holders Pay For Their Food? by logicalhumour: 8:26am On Jul 09, 2022
Each time I go to the market, I get angry. I've tried to suppress this anger for a long time, but it isn't working anymore.

I'm not even talking about other ridiculous stuff like grocery, wardrobe allowances etc., from tax payers' monies.
I'm talking about food o. Food.

Why don't public office holders pay for their food. In the USA, aside from official state functions, the president pays for his own groceries at the end of every month. Imagine.

In 2016, my governor used about N2b for his food. That was about N5m daily. That meant, no matter how bad food prices got in the state at that time, he ate very well without even feeling a difference!

And you reading this, you claim intelligence, but what if I ask you how much was the food budget of you Chairman/House of reps representative this year? Or even your governor? You dunno.

Seriously, shame on you. Shame on all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Public Office Holders Pay For Their Food? by Lessonteacher(f): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2022
Nigerian politicians are extremely wicked.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Public Office Holders Pay For Their Food? by nazicartel(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2022
Please. This topic should hit the front page. I have been asking this for a very long time. That you're holding a public office doesn't mean you can't pay for some certain things. One of our family friends happened to go to the Senate. And everything down to clothes where been changed. Same also with the person that has been in the house of representatives for a very long time.
The Caring is too much. It's telling on the meagre resources in the country. All these should be curtailed.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Public Office Holders Pay For Their Food? by Viscuz: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2022
Their blind followers will keep supporting them that’s why they can never cut cost .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Should Be Given A Chance. / Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Militant-fans Pledge Support For His Presidential Ambition. / BREAKING: "An Islamization Agenda"- Babachir Lawal Hammers Tinubu, Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.