Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,179 members, 7,953,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? (3428 Views)

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / Safety Rules In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by ypad: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2011
Every woman should take the kitchen job seriously as most men do not play with food. A woman that cooks very well keeps the heart of her man at home.
Initially, I used to spend three to four hours preparing lunch or dinner for my family. Sometimes my husband calls to find out if food is ready and most of the time he falls asleep. I was not finding the excess hours I spend in the kitchen funny. I had to work on myself for improvement.

http://greatwomanwithlove..com/2011/06/how-many-hours-do-i-spend-in-kitchen.html
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Wislet(f): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2011
I don't waste time in cooking, and they turn out great. It is one of the things i so love doing.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by nagoma(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2011
once in a while i pass through. When I cant find the keys to the front door.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by atasteve: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2011
Though I am a man but I cook well although my wife is a "superhero" in the kitchen.

Depending on what I am doing in the kitchen, for example if I am washing plate i don't stay long but if assisting her to prepare food; I spend long time of course. smiley
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by marcus1234: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by NoQualms1(f): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2011
nagoma:

once in a while i pass through. When I cant find the keys to the front door.
grin grin grin
This is so funny.
I'm sure that takes you few seconds.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Enrythesis(m): 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
dat shouldnt take long, say like few hours
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Ivbade: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
Before i started working, I was staying just 9hours and I loved doing that because I love cooking. But now that am working I do the cooking weekends and stay just 6 hours. every other day I stay 1 hour.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by 702: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
i spend say 30 mins in the kitchen on each working day, the 30 mins comprise of warming the food 2 take 2 wrk, checking the fridge all the tym if any special thin will appear and probably takin water 4rm d dispenser. Dishes? househelp does it.
Weekends say 2 hrs each , comprises of cooking sumptuous meals 4 the new week n possibly making calls while slicin, cheesy
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by MMM2(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
i dont enter kitchen
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Konjour(m): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
An average of a hundred minutes every 24 hours. cool
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by ronkebp(f): 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
I naturally don't waste time in the kitchen, kpa!kpa!!kpa!!!, food is done and very tasty,
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by nassiwa: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
It depends on the kind of food am preparing. If it is simple food it will be ready in a short time.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by saintneo(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
I am a man please don't yab me; because, my style might look like I| am writing some computer program codes.

I spend about thirty minutes to prepare jollof rice.

5mins for the first washing, then I set my pot upon the fire and disappear for about 12-15mins (alarms are good). -----5
10mins for the second washing -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10
10mins for the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and other condiments, then I disappear for about 20 - 25mins ---------------------10
5mins for the final, turning, tasting and dishing. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5

I no try? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Emmysteve(m): 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
am a man and a student i spend just 2 hrs to prepare my delicious food. I bet, i can cook better than these women metioning 4 to 6hrs. I can marry a girl that spend 4hrs in the kitchen.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Emmysteve(m): 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2011
saintneo:

I am a man please don't yab me; because, my style might look like I| am writing some computer program codes.

I spend about thirty minutes to prepare jollof rice.

5mins for the first washing, then I set my pot upon the fire and disappear for about 12-15mins (alarms are good). -----5
10mins for the second washing -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10
10mins for the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and other condiments, then I disappear for about 20 - 25mins ---------------------10
5mins for the final, turning, tasting and dishing. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5

I no try? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes. tongue
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Johnnycash: 1:18am On Aug 25, 2011
wat iz a kitchen, i tot it was a sub-topic in 1 home economics topic like dat
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Johnnycash: 1:21am On Aug 25, 2011
wat is a kitchen? . i thought it was a sub-topic under one home economics lesson like that,
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by EfeEkarume(m): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
86,400seconds! Do the maths. grin
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Dblank(f): 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
It depends on what i am cooking.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Myluv1: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
1-3hrs probably, entertaining the cook with some basketmouth thingy grin Girl enjoys it no doubt, and i'm damn good at it.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by mamagee3(f): 12:31am On Aug 30, 2011
I don't cook but my mom does and she spends most of her time cooking. . .
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Pweety4me(f): 5:40am On Aug 30, 2011
^^Badt badt gal

mama -geeee how r u tho?
smiley
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Smilenw(f): 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2011
3-4 hours itz fun though !
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
It depends on what I'm cooking. Nigerian food takes me no less than two hours or so. Only if I'm making very small soup, which is rare. Other dishes I make, particularly western dishes, hardly take any time. An hour at most really, and they're BOMB! smiley
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by EfeEkarume(m): 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2011
ogugua88:

It depends on what I'm cooking. Nigerian food takes me no less than two hours or so. Only if I'm making very small soup, which is rare. Other dishes I make, particularly western dishes, hardly take any time. An hour at most really, and they're BOMB! smiley
BOMB?
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2011
I'm sorry. Good. Yummy smiley
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:13am On Aug 31, 2011
ogugua88:

I'm sorry. Good. Yummy smiley
**feeling relieved**
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by davids202(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ogugua88 getting 2 b part of ur meal wld really b nice,
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by nsodo: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
It depends on the type of food am preparing but no matter the type two hours are enough for me to prepare food for my wife and children.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Spend In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 2:00am On Sep 02, 2011
depends. i find out nigerian foods take about an hr or less. Some western foods take a lot of time. For example beef stew takes me about 3hrs, oven-baked pork ribs na 5 hrs no shaking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn Nigerian Recipes Daily / Health Care And Drugs For Cure... God Create Life, We Maintain Life. / Big Fishes Caught During Flooding In Bayelsa - PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.