Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! (4974 Views)

Mark’s Security Details Tear-gassed Tambuwal, Others – DPO / 2015 Poll: Atiku, Tambuwal, Others Meet Over Consensus / Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by hakanai(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2011
Obasanjo asks Tambuwal, others to step down

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday told House Speaker Aminu Tambuwal and other officers to step down in 2013.

He was defending zoning – the controversial Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) power sharing formula, which collapsed in the House of Representatives when Tambuwal beat the official candidate Mrs Mulikat Akande-Adeola to the job.

Obasanjo said the party must prevail on Tambuwal and others to step aside in 2013 when the decision to zone the office to the Southwest will be implemented.

Should the PDP fail to ask Tambuwal to step down for a Southwest candidate, Obasanjo said, zoning will die.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/13761-obasanjo-asks-tambuwal-others-to-step-down.html
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by maclatunji: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
It is a wonderful development. It is the beginning of the end of the PDP. This old man is funny, how did GEJ get to be the PDP's candidate for the Presidential election if zoning is sacrosanct to him. God help these people if someone with real vision gets to power.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by ak47mann(m): 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2011
this man should go and sit down, pdp zoning is dead as he claimed OBASANJO  does not know that he was involved in killing zoning in his party PDP, now he is asking speaker to resign after two years undecided how can a man that slept with his son wife impregnated her at the same time tongue look at him advising the nation on what to do, will you even take OBJ serious MR I DEY LAUGH ooh you no laugh again  good luck Jonathan is just respecting his old age that's all. In western world government  don't  take advice from old people they need young brains
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hey! can someone tell that MONKEY to go keep quiet?

That is what you get when you keep quiet when the truth is to be said and rather support lies.

Afterall he encouraged the fisherman president to renege on the zoning agreement so why is he now complaining?

WHAT GOES AROUND SURE DO COME AROUND!!!
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by houvest: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
I think OBJ is gradually becoming senile. When he tried to tamper with an appropriate PDP zoning, did he not know he was sowing the wind? Now he is reaping the whirlwind
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
Where i come from we are not allowed to insult our elders. if not would have said Obj is an idiot. he killed zonning by forcing odechukwu on us.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
;d ;d
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by londoner: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
Why is this man still relevant in Nigerian politics.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by philip0906(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
londoner:

Why is this man still relevant in Nigerian politics.
its only in nigeria where criminals r still V.I.Ps
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by ideylaff: 6:36pm On Jul 27, 2011
its only in nigeria where criminals r still V.I.Ps

Shame 4 wia, 4 Nigeria, naaaa

Nididi Okereke, still dey show face 4 town with all her Keyside degrees, that tells u a lot about shame in 9ja

Shame don't live in Nigeria oo, the more controversial the more people love u,

Is this how Mandela interfered with SA Politics, everyday when he left the stage,

Baba do the respectable thing, b4 someone go come waya u slap 4 BOT meeting oooo

Beta 2 be an Elder Statesman dan a Gutter Statesman oooo Baba, Owu, go rest, please
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by honeric01(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
iwonbaoko:

look at the monkeys that nigeria  rejected . i blame obasanjo for not  finishing the job and getting rid of you lice.
kwashiorkor brain

Respect those kids, it wasn't their choice they had to be that way, abi you want what happened to them happen to you or your generation yet unborn?
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by ak47mann(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
iwonbaoko:

ungrateful baboons !
the man for don take una do suya finish
stop making yourself look stupid do you think they want to belong to nigeria in the first place, now tell me who want to be in that UNION we can start posting pix if you want it that way even your yoruba people want out  cheesy sorry mate is too late now stay there and enjoy nigeria as it fullest what goes around comes around. keep deceving yourself,
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by ak47mann(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
honeric01:

Respect those kids, it wasn't their choice they had to be that way, abi you want what happened to them happen to you or your generation yet unborn?
let him keep up soon karma will show him the way no be nigeria, boko haram just down the road cool
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
respect which kids .don't play any sentimental card.as far as you apes are concerned nothing is sacred,
better for them to die like all the other yanmiri bastards.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by ak47mann(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2011
iwonbaoko:

respect which kids .don't play any sentimental card.as far as you apes are concerned nothing is sacred,
better for them to die like all the other yanmiri bastards.
na 2day nobody is stopping you post more pix if u like it shows how mental unstatble you are,
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by basadenet: 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2011
why must they step down? for who? abi baba won take style come back through back door? Tell OBJ to go and jump inside lagoon.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by ektbear: 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hilarious thread grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by dapachez: 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
Who or what is obasanjo?
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by linkin8k(m): 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
I miss OBJ. If he were still in power i doubt we'll experience this problem we have now
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by redsun(m): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
D animal,still thinks nigeria is in d old hands of retarded pigs like him.As bad as gej may be,he is a prelude to a change
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by redsun(m): 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
A change that will take nigeria forward,united or divided
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by nasoeb: 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2011
una no get shame at all

the likes of alj haram, kasiem, ak47mann, iwonbaoko, i wonder how you guys can come here and expect to criticize others for improper behaviour when you guys cant even cleen your aszz.

Imagine in a public forum like this where other nationalities visits to know what is going on in our country and how we are contributing to checkmate the wrong deeds by our leaders, rather they see these poo.

guys make una get shame small abeg

dem curse una, even if na curse sef make una prove it wrong small

someday your likes would want to be elected into top government positions, ask yourself "TO DO WHAT" by these habits?
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 28, 2011
None of u knw shit about Naija politics, Obasanjo is a good politician that's y he's been embraced by global bodies such as UN e.t.c since independence, hw many leaders hav we had from the south? Probably 3 or 4, Is there crude oil in the North? No, yet northeners have oil blocks, They share the wealth of the Niger-deltans. Before the Head of service left office '' mr steve oransaye'' he said the amount of northeners who are perm-secs are too much, Out of 20permsecs the north clinched 16seats, In d area director, depupty director in federal ministry it was the same thing, '' u guys shudn't blame Obj cuz he is doing it to favour the south'' u guys shudn't blame Obj cuz he is doing it to favour the south''
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by CyberG: 2:20am On Jul 28, 2011
Obasanjo. . .retire from politics! Must your ideologies or party ideologies continually (do or die) ruin this country before you leave? I wish Nigeria does not have anything to do with you anymore because you had many chances to change this country but you refused! Instead, you became a billionaire in dollars, corrupted the land and midwifed the current rot we see! Please stay home and don't come here again!

Racists and tribalists chino, ak47mann, kasiem and the rest are a disgrace to their family and themselves! I guess you learned nothing from your parents than tribalistic and racial hatred and will teach same to your children! Old men like you should hang your coconut heads in shame. What do you gain from racial hatred and tribalism? How much does it pay you? What have you contributed to this world positively except hate, hate and more hate!!! You and the rest whether Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa or anyone else are not better than the other if all you do in your pathetic lives is to hate because of tribe or race! Not that you have just proposed a new solution to a complex human problem, equation or created the device/technology of the next generation! It is not that you have attained revolutionary breakthroughs in science/medicine/engineering/arts or published a paper that contains an idea recognised worldwide! If you did any of those and someone or anyone cannot see such significant contributions, perhaps you could make serious comments based on those facts!

But no! In all of your life, it is hate, death, blood, killing, I-am-better-than-you-because-of-tribe, when do you have time to think or do something productive? Well, if you did all I listed up there, and you still had any of this bilious racial hate, you achieve or attain nothing! I can go on and on but I know that a dog destined to be eternally lost will not listen to the voice of his master. You can make the difference: take the high road, it is the best road you will ever find or tread. You will see much farther than the midgets who only pride themselves on their race/tribe/ethnicity. If you can't do this with your country men, how will you function if you work in a team of people from 10-20 different countries? Will you look down on all of them? Will they look down on you because of your race? You will be a misfit and an utter failure at everything in life if your entire life is premised on racial hatred and ethnic war and thoughts of all this nonsense! Please get a real life! Write about your latest inventions! Debate on your new proposals and how it will bring 10 million people out of poverty in the next 2 years! Write about the professional conference you attended last month and your bold, audacious and unprecedented ideas that wowed the audience! Write about you volunteering activities, even when people did not appreciate it at the beginning! Write and debate challenges you have faced proving yourself at a difficult task and how everyone later came to respect you for your success! See how much better you'd feel and how much refreshing conversations you can have with people! Get off this life of hatred because it brings death to you and all the people who have to put up with it because you murder their spirits silently!
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Johndoe100(m): 2:25am On Jul 28, 2011
At last someone in PDP who speaks the truth. I was afraid that they were going to let this issue slide.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Jul 28, 2011
nasoeb:

una no get shame at all

the likes of alj haram, kasiem, ak47mann, iwonbaoko, i wonder how you guys can come here and expect to criticize others for improper behaviour when you guys cant even cleen your aszz.

Imagine in a public forum like this where other nationalities visits to know what is going on in our country and how we are contributing to checkmate the wrong deeds by our leaders, rather they see these poo.

guys make una get shame small abeg

dem curse una, even if na curse sef make una prove it wrong small

someday your likes would want to be elected into top government positions, ask yourself "TO DO WHAT" by these habits?    

sorry but i don't know who the hell you are, you just come here to and post my moniker. i hope you are ok sha

did you see me post any tribal rant like your igbo and yoruba collegue today

you must be sick angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by aljharem(m): 2:41am On Jul 28, 2011
ak47mann:

alj harem
next time never mess with igbos intellect again we are not smart for nothing cheesy were is iwonbaoko / harem were are you suddenly you disappear tongue i don't want to hit your nerves cos my mouth got cure for your amnesia, so disappear mumu ANU nama cheesy

how am i meant to know he log off, angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by OAM4J: 3:03am On Jul 28, 2011
Thread cleaned! Enough of insults please!
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Gbenge77(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2011
The chief looter should keep his counsel.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by 1025: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2011
a couple of years back, the then gov of abia state said, obasanjo is suffering from old age. this man at his age is suffering from low memory which is common with old age. when a country depends on such low memory men, it becomes extremely risk for such country.
in the morning, this is no zoning and in the afternoon, the same man will say zoning is still alive.
do we even have a country where ppl build their own houses, buy their own transformers, buy generators and employ individual securities and many go as far as providing their own water and roads. this is the most useless country in the world with such a group of useless rulers who leave the real problems of the masses while engaging themselves in selfish interests and life term/tenure elongation.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by Hambolaj01(m): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2011
Obasanjo, Obasanjo. May God save Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down! by juman(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
Mr. Obasanjo should go and sit down jooor.

It clear zoning in their party is already dead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidel Castrol Prediction Came To Pass (photo) / Buhari Shakes Hands With Queen Elizabeth Weeks After Snubbling Female Ministers. / Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra National Guard Declares War Against Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.