Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate (60334 Views)

Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Cromagnon:
it will get some northern votes without which the south can never smell presidency unless it's a stooge like obj or Jonathan imposed on south

To encourage ethno-religious bias in choice of who presides over Nigeria.

Friend, time has come when any Nigerian group which refuses to detach from ethno-religious bigotry, is left to form a country for the ethno-religious bigots group.
We cannot continue with a country of no electricity, no good roads, conspiracy, Islamic terrorists, poverty, etc. as ethno-religious bigots largely decide who leads us in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Vic74real: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Very insensitive decision.Now they say religion doesn't matter,That it is competence dat matters.So wld the Muslims have accepted two competent Christian candidate and running mate,in a country that is heavily divided now? This step is colossally reckless and manipulative.Of course,they don't care.Christians are systematically being murdered.they don't care

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by michoim(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Worst combination

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Agugbadin: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nothing for APC. Peter Obi and Atiku now stand a better chance.

Atiku is too old to rule Nigeria,we are tired of their generation.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Franking: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Two thieving politicians with heavy question marks hanging on their necks.

Or Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba Ahmed?

This is not about tribe or religion.

The choice is ours.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by boldtruthalways: 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Femabol01:
You understood their concern. If he had chosen an unpopular Christian from the North, they will be happy and still not vote for him. Now that he has chosen a popular northern Muslim; he has become a threat. I'm a Christian and will gladly vote for Tinubu. Politics is beyond sentiment, as the aim of a politician is to win.
You are not a Christian and if truly you are as you claim, then you are not a true Christian. No true Christian having seen what Christians are passing through in Nigeria now will support a Muslim taking over from Buharii who is a Muslim too. A Southern Christian will take over from Buharii who is a northern Muslim. That's how it will be.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by biggie73(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake
….you can’t know more than the strategist. Jagaban doesn’t follow beer-parlor politics.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ZeroChil: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
Question: Who is your running mate?

Bola Tinubu:���� https:///myYbFY0uPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX0RHfLAM0
Never ever audible. Always talking gibberish.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Deloo: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Despirations has beclouded their sense of reasonings.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Adliperd: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
onuman:

To continue with Fulanization and Islamization agenda of the Fulani for all in Nigeria.

At leat it's beta than Tinubu to rule us

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Obagreatdatoye(m): 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Femabol01:
A Good Christian doesn't call a fellow human being foolish. You are just a religious person.
Guy....some Christians are foolish through the choice they made to affect others...the Bible made it clear that woe unto them...the choice you made, makes you part of them!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Slynation(m): 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Starz825:
The truth is ...the Muslim christian ticket doesn't have an impact...

Pastor Osinbajo no be Nigerian current vice president wey Dem still go kill people for church for ondo.....

Abeg.... Muslim christian ticket no mean shit....the best we can have is a leader as serious and dedicated to helping nigerians as PO.....

Keep quite...so what you are saying in essence is that over a 100m of Christians in Nigeria, no one is capable...

You and Tinubu are just daft, he shouldn't even border to campaign in any SS/SE states...!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:

All this long essay to what end?

Simple Question: has an igbo man from SE ever been president or VP since Azikwe
Answer: NO! .. theres nothing to discuss further

Like i said, the joke's on SE.

The joke is on you who choose your leaders based on your ethno-religious bigotry. What has your choice on ethno-religious grounds fetched the masses in Nigeria other than poverty and derivation? Yet, you still think of voting for the old political merchants who deprived you the luxuries of life.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Opmic: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:
Malam Shettima or Pastor Shettima

Considering the religious diversity in my family - it's a Win-win.

Yoruba lọ́kàn
Southwest to Aso rock
Yoruba ko lokan oo.
Better Nigeria lokan
Good economy lokan
An end to government sponsored terrorists lokan
OBIdient and Yusful youths lokan

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by IfnobeGod20: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
Newton2024:
Tinubu's Muslim/Muslim Ticket

Some questions are running through my mind:

1. Is there no Christian member of APC from the 19 northern states?

2. If religion does not matter but competency, is there not competent Christian in the entire North?

3. If religion does not matter, what about tribe? Does tribe matters?

4. Can APC fields Yoruba-Yoruba or Igbo-Igbo ticket?

5. Is APC an Islam'ic fundamentalist party like violent muslim brotherhood of Egypt?

6. Can Boko-Haram, Ansarudeen and ISWAP accept Christian-Christian ticket?

7. Why are APC surpporters unrepentant hypocrites?
You should have added MURIC to that your number 6. If it was christain-christain ticket, MURIC would have been spewing fire and brimstone, calling all muslims never to vote any Christain. They used the same sense to run down Osinbajo before APC primary.
The insincerity of some people is second to devil's gimmicks.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Blakpot: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
fk001:
Those complaining the most will not vote Tinubu even if he picks POPE FRANCIS as his running mate

Impossible scenario!
The Pope would only deputize for God.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Fuckyoumod: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
TinubuNG:
Mumu people are in pain, political naive are screwed already.

They expect a very experienced politician like Tinubu not to read the hand writing on the wall but to go ahead in picking northern christian as his running mate which is known clearly as minority in the North .

Congratulations Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu, the incoming president of Nigeria.

Muslim-Muslim , Muslim-Christian, muslim - harbalist or even Muslim-hindu , we don't care as far as they are both competent, God bless Nigeria.
you stupidity is out of this world!
Who is the Majority in the south? Muslim or Christians?
If the North can not bear to see a Christian V.P, Why should the south support a Muslim President? Competence my foot!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:

Boast? What makes you think i'm from the North? I'm simply just stating what i've observed
That means that you need to be taken under a tree in Sokoto or Kano to let an Almajiri lecture you on: Nigeria's Political Structure and Election Process 101.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by LaconicINC: 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Brilliant choice APC! Bravo! Welcome to the beginning of the end of APC! God is at work in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Sikariyelwa: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
VP DESIGNATE OUR KASHIM.CARRY GO
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kramer: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
onuman:

The joke is on you who choose your leaders based on your ethno-religious bigotry. What has your choice on ethno-religious grounds fetched the masses in Nigeria other than poverty and derivation? Yet, you still think of voting for the old political merchants who deprived you the luxuries of life.

Again.. the joke is on you mate. As mentioned earlier, I'm not a northener and neither do i live in your country. I'm just stating the obvious here
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Abassmt: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
ItsTutsi:
I definitely agree SW Christian are very agree now, but as time goes, it will subside, especially when campaign start.. Tinubu is a strategic politician, he knows he will need to specify southern Christian and he will do that by visiting Christian leaders like RCCG, CAN etc
I think two of you are making good permutation which I like unlike those with little or no knowledge about politics that just comment out of emotions and hatred.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ayo2008: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:

Yoruba lọ́kàn
Southwest to Aso rock

Is not all about the shouting of southwest lokan..Am from South West too but I look at the bigger picture not on premodial sentiments . With the state of this country divided along religious and ethnic lines, we need leaders who can mend the bridge.. we need leaders who can fix this nation ASAP and not the Emilokans...

Some body penned this down:

*Food for thought*

Just imagine after 8 years of a christian president and then the next president and his vice are christians; Muslims would never tolerate such an insensitive game.

Copied

Let's vote wisely and jettison the ranting of southwest lokan..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Thegoodone13(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
North west will determine who will be the president. Anybody that win in the North west will be the president. If Obi VP can win Northwest for him, it will be great. Northeast will divide into two, Atiku and Settima will have upper hand. Tinubu will have upper hand in Southwest and Obi in southeast. If south south supported obi fully, he may win.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ItsTutsi(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
Yes, I know many Christians will vote for him, however he should not rely on it, he should go out and reach majority of those that won't vote for him and quench their fears

I didn't mean Christian leaders like RCCG, CAN to campaign if he reaches out to them.. However, not preaching against him in churches and sitting on the fence, will work in his favor

I'm a northerner, the reason we voted GEJ out is because, it was northerner turn and he was incompetent.. As much has I believe Buhari is a failure, I see competency in Tinubu, especially what he achieved in Lagos(I'm not following blindly).. And that presidency to go back to south..Its not our fault(north) that southern candidate happens to be a Muslim.. Tinubu got more votes from southern Christian delegates than ameachi and osinbanjo who are Christians
Subsidywise20:

Yeah, Tinubu better start visiting the bigtime Pastors now (especially RCCG and even Living Faith, even though Bishop Oyedepo is a PDP man).

But would it do much.? Not sure. Prediciting how christians vote is a tricky business. There are christians who have always voted for Buhari even in 2019 (despite the 'He is a bigot' campaign in christian circles)..and they may overlook BAT 's muslim deputy and vote for APC.

But that is an IF. And as for me, for now, I am putting christian votes between LP and PDP. Christians have suffered under the APC government and may decide to vote against them (just as most Northerners voted against GEJ partly because of the Boko Haram activity up North, including bombings and school attacks which affected the North badly)
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Tooreda: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
He tried endlessly to promote muslim-muslim ticket by presenting himself as vice to Buhari. Can we now say that Buhari is smarter than Tinubu even as tribalistic as Buhari is? Tinubu cannot win this election.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Starz825(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Slynation:
Keep quite...so what you are saying in essence is that over a 100m of Christians in Nigeria, no one is capable...

You and Tinubu are just daft, he shouldn't even border to campaign in any SS/SE states...!!

Silly mention will definitely be ignored...

But I go reply you....

Is pastor osibanjo not a Christian.....
Was that christian girl in sokoto not killed ...
The people who died In the church....were they not christians....yet we have a Christian VP....
...if the leaders are not competent..the country will still be in mess .. whether christian or Muslim....

However, Competency and nationalism is the most important here...and I will rather give that to peter obi (P.O).... who's mission is clearly to save Nigerians...not this old thieves....
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by bhella10: 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:

Yoruba lọ́kàn
Southwest to Aso rock
Kaare omo yooba atata. Humanity before religion

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Cromagnon: 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

...And how useful will Shettima be?!! How useful has any VP ever been?!!

The position is largely ceremonial but the aim of picking the other major religion is for the sake of equity, fairness, and not to cause crisis!

How hard is it for some of you to see such a simple point?!! Na wa

[quote author=Cromagnon post=114601433] it will get some northern votes without which the south can never smell presidency unless it's a stooge like obj or Jonathan imposed on south

Make no mistake the north will never vote for a christian northerner. This is a numbers game
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by olatuns2017: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

Congratulations incoming GCFR
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Biodun1929(m): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
fk001:
Those complaining the most will not vote Tinubu even if he picks POPE FRANCIS as his running mate

This is very true.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by olatuns2017: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

Presidential Backing
SouthWest Bloc Votes
North East Bloc Votes
Buhari and North West Governors backing
Key States in North Central ( Akume and Bello and others )
South South ministers backing with Adams Oshiomole Edo Strength. Wike likely..
South East Governors / Ministers 25% votes

Congratulations to the Incoming President of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Akpabio Sacks Anietie Ekong Over 'Ghana Must Go' Bag (Photos) / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Comrade Mr And Mrs Oshiomole On Khaki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.