Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,872 members, 7,848,544 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy (662 Views)

Borno CAN Chairman Denies Backing Shettima’s VP Candidacy / 2023 Election: Concern As INEC Chairman Backs PDP's Push For Electronic Voting / FFK Kneels Down For Prayers As CAN Chairman Says He'll Lead Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by jumper524(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2022
The Chairman of Borno State, Christians Association of Nigeria, Bishop Mohammed Naga, has applauded the selection of the former governor of the state, Senator Kashim Shettima, as the vice-presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The PUNCH reports that despite opposition to the Muslim-Muslim ticket from some quarters, the APC standard-bearer, Bola Tinubu, on Sunday, announced Shettima as his running mate.

But in what seems like great support for Shettima’s candidacy from a group outside his religion, the Borno chapter of CAN led by its chairman welcomed the choice of the former governor as Tinubu’s running mate.

Bishop Naga, in a statement on Monday, said the Christian community in Borno State has never had a better deal than under Shettima who governed the state between 2011 and 2019.

Naga, who described Shettima as a compassionate leader, said: “My brothers, those who are not from Borno State may not know, but you and I know better. In the history of Borno State, there is no Governor that has been fair to the Christian Community in this state as much as Governor Kashim Shettima. I am saying this in the presence of God Almighty and this is nothing but the truth. Governor Shettima, in the history of Borno, is the only Governor that has sponsored the highest number of Christian Pilgrims every year since 2011.

“I am speaking boldly without fear or favour because as CAN Chairman I do not receive salary or kobo from the Government or any institution, but the facts need to be told. This Governor has shown compassion to the Christian Community.

“For example, when Gwoza people were driven from their ancestral homes, they fled to Maiduguri, and the Governor personally came to CAN Centre in Jerusalem ward two times in June and July 2014. He gave N10 million for their upkeep at first instance, but the victims were not many. By the end of October 2014, the IDPs from Gwoza increased to 42,000 in that camp alone. Governor Shettima came again and gave another N10 million. He also gave an additional N5 million to Christians from Borno who fled to Cameroon to be returned home.

“He gave another N5 million to non-indigenes who fled to Cameroon to come back to Nigeria.

“The Governor even directed the Borno State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA to be supplying food directly to the IDPs under the Christian leadership. In fact, the Governor insisted that he wanted Christian IDPs to stay together with their Muslim counterparts in various designated IDP camps here in Maiduguri but we the leaders felt it wise to separate Christian IDPs to avoid friction between displaced persons dealing with trauma.

“Sincerely speaking as a Christian and a preacher, absolutely I have nothing to fear about Asiwaju’s picking a Muslim as his running mate because he’s not a religious bigot and I’m happy he has made his mind known to the public in the person of his preferred running mate.

“Seeing another Presidential candidate applauding him is a plus for him and supporters of Asiwaju.
Congratulations to the awaiting president and vice president.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/borno-can-chairman-backs-shettimas-candidacy/%3famp

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by MadamVanessa(f): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2022
shocked

What did you expect, you want them to kick against it, so that the commander of Boko Haram will use his terrorists to finish the minority Christians in Borno.

6 Likes

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by jumper524(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What did you expect, you want them to kick against it, so that the commander of Boko Haram will use his terrorists to finish the minority Christians in Borno.
if he had said otherwise na vice-versa you go talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by jrusky(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2022
Ok this what om saying someti somebody may be bad to you but to others he is good to them that is the beauty of humanity and democracy.

Despite all opposition to his choice as apc vice smell still see the good in him though I can jot blame people fraud of him due to insinuation hee has terrorist link.

I'm not voting apc nor voting Tinubu so no need bothering my head over apc vp choice I don't give a damn my take is apc should pls free Nigeria and go away enough damages had been done.

But however is shetima not better than Obi who claimed to be a Christain but has never donated or helped Christainity propagation in anyway?

In Obi village he can not point to a single who rose to limelight through him. What type of man is he? Infact his stingiess is very strange in average igbo gene. Igbo people helps their kinsmen alot but obi is a very strange situation. A man worth over $100 million and yet no one rose or rise through him its strange.

Look at Owo massacre Tinubu condemned it and donated cash, Atiku condemned it and donated cash to my surprise a Christain called Obi never utter a word nor condemned it neither drop ordinary N100. and tomorrow he will come to Owo to campaign and you expect them to vote for him? It's not done......
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by SmartPolician: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2022
CAN in Borno is appreciating Tinubu for selecting their son who was fair to both Christians and Muslims in the state in his time as governor. There's nothing wrong with their views.

However, we Nigerians have every legitimate right and logical reason to be deeply worried because APC, the ruling party, is setting a bad precedence. If this Muslim2 ticket works, federal character will become utterly useless.

Furthermore, this move worsens the polarization of the country along religious lines and deepens mutual suspension among the ethic nationalities. This is not good for the country.

3 Likes

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by SlurUsername1: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

E pain am grin
Sifere pains

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by ObosiLandlord(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2022
BAT 2023

1 Like

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by ObosiLandlord(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2022
SmartPolician:

However, we Nigerians have every legitimate right and logical reason to be deeply worried because APC, the ruling party, is setting a bad precedence. If this Muslim2 ticket works, federal character will become utterly useless.

Speak for yourself alone

No one made you the spokesperson of Nigerians.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Oilwell(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2022
Paid Lies and propagandas

APC have no regard or respect for others in a multi ethnic/ multi religious society.

APC Is an ISLAMIC PROJECT

APC Party = The real terrorists. They came to steal, to kill and to destroy.

Devilish evil party and the BATs wants to set this country on fire.

2 Likes

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by citygarden(m): 9:26am On Jul 11, 2022
Good from CAN, Borno State chapter. Waiting for CAN, Kaduna state chapter and National CAN view on it. The vice president post is like a spares key, if the original key is not Lost, why looking for spear key. The CAN should negotiate on Senate president and SGF should be christian.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by jrusky(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2022
SmartPolician:
CAN in Borno is appreciating Tinubu for selecting their son who was fair to both Christians and Muslims in the state in his time as governor. There's nothing wrong with their views.

Furthermore, this move worsens the polarization of the country along religious lines and deepens mutual suspension among the ethic nationalities. This is not good for the country.

God bless you. You have said it all.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Sunday2021: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2022
By seeing the name I am not surprised.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Qtrpst4: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2022
Coming from a tilumbu brown envelop propaganda machine.
Make the Bishop see am first, you go hear something like

"this is a malicious attempt by rumor peddlers to tarnish my image"

Wait bishop go soon respond
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by OkoroBufo: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2022
Given the antecedents of Shettima in Borno state, Both Christians and Muslims were treated as one big family. He renovated and rehabilitated homes and churches that came under bokoharam attacks. As an excellent parting gift, he nominated Governor Zulum to continue in his good works. The entire people of Borno could not have asked for someone better.
More Christian leaders would tag along with Tinubu/Shettima train as caimpaign approaches.
People are rather safer with a liberal Tinubu/Shettima than so called Obi who profiled and sent packing Northern Muslims in Anambra and his vice who expresses an extremist views believing that gays have no right to life.

-Okoro bufo

2 Likes

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by delpee(f): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2022
jumper524:
The Chairman of Borno State, Christians Association of Nigeria, Bishop Mohammed Naga, has applauded the selection of the former governor of the state, Senator Kashim Shettima, as the vice-presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The PUNCH reports that despite opposition to the Muslim-Muslim ticket from some quarters, the APC standard-bearer, Bola Tinubu, on Sunday, announced Shettima as his running mate.

But in what seems like great support for Shettima’s candidacy from a group outside his religion, the Borno chapter of CAN led by its chairman welcomed the choice of the former governor as Tinubu’s running mate.

Bishop Naga, in a statement on Monday, said the Christian community in Borno State has never had a better deal than under Shettima who governed the state between 2011 and 2019.

Naga, who described Shettima as a compassionate leader, said: “My brothers, those who are not from Borno State may not know, but you and I know better. In the history of Borno State, there is no Governor that has been fair to the Christian Community in this state as much as Governor Kashim Shettima. I am saying this in the presence of God Almighty and this is nothing but the truth. Governor Shettima, in the history of Borno, is the only Governor that has sponsored the highest number of Christian Pilgrims every year since 2011.

“I am speaking boldly without fear or favour because as CAN Chairman I do not receive salary or kobo from the Government or any institution, but the facts need to be told. This Governor has shown compassion to the Christian Community.

“For example, when Gwoza people were driven from their ancestral homes, they fled to Maiduguri, and the Governor personally came to CAN Centre in Jerusalem ward two times in June and July 2014. He gave N10 million for their upkeep at first instance, but the victims were not many. By the end of October 2014, the IDPs from Gwoza increased to 42,000 in that camp alone. Governor Shettima came again and gave another N10 million. He also gave an additional N5 million to Christians from Borno who fled to Cameroon to be returned home.

“He gave another N5 million to non-indigenes who fled to Cameroon to come back to Nigeria.

“The Governor even directed the Borno State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA to be supplying food directly to the IDPs under the Christian leadership. In fact, the Governor insisted that he wanted Christian IDPs to stay together with their Muslim counterparts in various designated IDP camps here in Maiduguri but we the leaders felt it wise to separate Christian IDPs to avoid friction between displaced persons dealing with trauma.

“Sincerely speaking as a Christian and a preacher, absolutely I have nothing to fear about Asiwaju’s picking a Muslim as his running mate because he’s not a religious bigot and I’m happy he has made his mind known to the public in the person of his preferred running mate.

“Seeing another Presidential candidate applauding him is a plus for him and supporters of Asiwaju.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/borno-can-chairman-backs-shettimas-candidacy/%3famp

That's fair enough but have they been resettled back to their villages?
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by GoooodHardDick: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2022
Who else noticed how all the terrorists in this country have been hailing Tinubu?

Even Buhari they worshipped didn't even consider picking a Muslim Muslim ticket and yet the druggie decided to tell the world that he is really a drug lord, a terrorist and an old ancestor without brains. APC has Lost even before 2 weeks to the election week!

At this juncture, let's all join hands and massively support Obi for president. He needs your vote guys!! Together we can do it!

By the Grace of God my family and I are OBIDIENTLY YUSUFUL

1 Like

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Coolbreeze1988(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2022
Something must have changed hands.
We reject Islamic agenda in Nigeria.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by grogolin: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2022
The same Shettima that helped Boko Haram establish in borno state by fighting Jonathan for coming hard on them.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Righthussle: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2022
That's what brothers do for each; they support each other. Unlike what the idiots Ameachi and Mbaka did to remove Jonathan.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by KEVIND: 10:21am On Jul 11, 2022
2011 general elections results. Jonathan didn't need to win Kano, kaduna, katsina, Borno, zamfara, sokoto, yobe to become Nigeria's president. Peter Obi can reciprocate this.

https://www.nairaland.com/7221949/2011-jonathan-didnt-need-win

Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by techWriter3: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2022
if he got explained otherwise na vice-versa you go talk
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Zandena(f): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2022
In 2011, there was massive rigging and over voting in southern parts of the country especially Abia, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa etc.
Compare the results of 2015 and 2019 with the one posted you will realise a wide difference in numbers of votes from those states. That is owing to incumbency influence
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Newton2024: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2022
jumper524:

How APC Turned Docile Osibanjo (Yoruba Christian) To Mere Errand Boy In Aso Rock

Aisha Buhari first send him away from Aso Rock chapel and turned it to store. She said Church was noisy.

They later turned him to Aso Rock toilet washer.

They made the mere commissioner deny Christians and Southerners he represents.

He has no say in government. Ordinary Buhari's personal secretary has more say than Osibande.

The cabals gave the errand boy part of the returned Abacha loot to buy votes through trader moni.

Anytime Fulani herdsmen kill christian farmers, cabals would order Osibanjo to go and pay lip service condolences. He often called Fulani herdsmen terrorists extaminating Christians a mere herders-farmers clash.

Part of his job is also to quote phantom figure to malign former president Goodluck Jonathan.

In all these, fake pastor Osinbajo was a happy willing slave because of the huge money involved. Aso Rock is sweet.

Osibanjo never had interest to speak for or defend Christians and Southerners. He is the worst Vice Principal in the history of Nigeria.

After 2023, Fake Pastor Osinbajo will find his long lost voice again to criticize Peter Obi's presidency.

If APC can do all these with muslim/christian ticket, it will be worse with muslim/muslim ticket.
Re: Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy by Mynd44: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2022

(1)

Peter Obi Giant Strides And. Achievement In Anambra State / Peter Obi Campaign Song Official Video By Rjay / Nasir El-rufa’i Vs Foes: Who Will Laugh Last? - By Abdu Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.