Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (30701 Views)

Sheriff Modu Quits APC For PDP (Photos) / Tinubu’s Youth Group Convener, Ogunolu Samsideen Quits APC (Pics) / Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Maxymilliano(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2022
Former governorship candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Rivers State, Prince Tonye Princewill, has resigned his membership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with immediate effect.

Princewill, who is an ally of immediate past Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi said his resignation was in protest against the choice of Kashim Shettima as running mate to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the 2023 presidential election.

In his resignation letter addressed to the Chairman of Ward 3 (Royal Ward), Buguma City, in Asari Toru Local Government Area area, he said he cannot continue to “argue for equity in my state and defend inequity in my country.”

The letter reads: “While I appreciate my leader, Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi and all his efforts, I cannot defend the decision of my party, in fielding a Muslim Muslim ticket, especially at a time like this, against all protestations from well meaning Nigerians, across religious and political divides.

“It sets a very wrong precedent, it is totally insensitive and even if you win, will prove bad for good governance. Under these dire circumstances, I find no justification to still remain, in good conscience, a member of a political party that subordinates electoral victory, OVER the safety of lives and the peace of mind of its citizens.

“The men and women of our party here in Rivers are the most loyal and faithful supporters I have met. They know right and they know wrong. And they know me. I enjoyed working with them and I’m so sad to leave.

“But an APC party that totally disregards the basics of the same equity we preach, is alien to me. Buhari resisted the same temptation and chose a little known Osinbajo and won.

“I wish you well. And I remain grateful to our Leader, but I can not defend the indefensible. And to be totally honest, neither should you”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/amaechis-ally-princewill-quits-apc/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1657618175

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2022
Now the complete OBIdience of the SS/SE is confirmed

341 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2022
Amaechi was not kidding when he said Niger deltans are angry with apc

This new insensitive ticket is generating anger in the region that's feeding this country

Can Nigeria afford Niger delta to join seccesion call because of a fake Muslim ambition?

301 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2022
Tinubu want controversy and controversy he will get

Na stone he go receive across the north his party have reduced to ransom region

247 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Vulturereloaded: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2022
Nice. We can survive corruption, but we cant survive handing this country over to terrorists.

267 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Maxymilliano(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2022
But an APC party that totally disregards the basics of the same equity we preach, is alien to me.

I like his argument, you can be pushing for equity and same time supporting same-faith ticket

This is just the beginning, A Vote for APC is a vote for Boko Haram founders.

284 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Honjoshy4u: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2022
We are getting there gradually.
All sane Nigerians that cherish a peaceful coexistence and love for our country must by all means denounce APC muslim muslim ticket and embrace a better path for unity and progress.

Thanks Tonye.
Thanks to all sane muslims and great Nigerians. We have already defeated the old greedy bullion van thief in boudilon.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by EvangDrGeo: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2022
Good move.

If the repercussions of Muslim musiim ticket starts if they win, may it befall all Christians who supported the ticket.

May the Islamic terrorism befall, only those who supported the evil ticket

178 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by mii4u(f): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Pple with conscience doing the right thing.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Aidejay(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2022
Honestly!

A Christian - Christian ticket in this country will never fly, infact some christians won't vote for you. You know Nigerian christians and how they like to behave like sanctimonious dingbats who love doctrine and virtue signaling.
Don't expect such level of credence from Muslims tho. They seem to understand Nigerian politics as one of sentiments rather than facts.

So 2023 your choice is either returning the north to Aso rock via Atiku for another 8 years or voting two muslims.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bobloco: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2022
“But an APC party that totally disregards the basics of the same equity we preach, is alien to me. Buhari resisted the same temptation and chose a little known Osinbajo and won

This is the crux of it all

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by sotall(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2022
cool

Regional and one-religion party status loading.

All Christians with a sound reasoning should resign from the APC right now.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2022
mii4u:
Pple with conscience doing the right thing.
A very good window is open for many that have been angry since with apc to decamp under the guise of equity

Others would be using the window of apc incompetence and failure to secure north

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Monimatic(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2022
Tinubu scored a political own goal with his choice of a Boko Haram apologist
He can no longer get block Vote in the south west, cos from today campaign against Muslim Muslim ticket Begins across all churches from south west to south South to south east down to the North.
Nobody will be bold enough to come and campaign for Tinubu(APC) Muslim Muslim ticket in any church or christian gathering in the south west, he/she will be Stoned on the pulpit, booed and chased away

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Truthisunique2: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2022
Aidejay:
Honestly!

A Christian - Christian ticket in this country will never fly, infact some christians won't vote for you. You know Nigerian christians and how they like to behave like sanctimonious dingbats who love doctrine and virtue signaling.
Don't expect such level of credence from Muslims tho. They seem to understand Nigerian politics as one of sentiments rather than facts.

So 2023 your choice is either returning the north to Aso rock via Atiku for another 8 years or voting two muslims.
Atiku is a real Muslim so what ever "credence" you talking is wishful thinking

we christians prefer a real fulani Muslim there balancing southern majority interest who are christians via VP

This fake southern unity from Yoruba Muslims is not in the interest of the south

Tinubu have never represented south interest

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Monimatic(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2022
No sane Christian will support that madness called Muslim Muslim ticket which Tinubu and his fellow jihadists sympathisers want to impose on Nigeria
The current killing of Christians and attack on churches by Boko Haram, Bandits and ISWAP will become child's play when we now have Muslim President and Muslim Vice President.
Any christian that goes out to support or campaign or vote for Muslim Muslim ticket is forever doomed and the blood of innocent christians that have been gruesomely murdered and massacred by this blood thirsty Jihadist terrorists will forever hunt any Christian who supports, votes or campaigns for this devilish Muslim Muslim ticket

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Kilimo: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by nony43(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2022
The same Muslim Muslim shit they wanted to do with Buhari and Tinubu it didn't work. Now Buhari is in power they have grown wings they want to try this shit it won't work.

APC is an Islamic party filled with gang of thieves and terrorits sponsors that are not tolerant. If not for greed why can't BAT allow Osibanjo to have the ticket or Amaechi it would have been easier for APC that way.

Patrick Yakowa took over from Namadi Sambo as Kaduna Governor and he saw hell on earth simply because he was a Christian.

It even cost him his life..
His death is even mysterious. Yakowa was one of the reasons some conservative northerners hated Jonathan because Sambo's elevation as VP paved way for a Christian Governor in Kaduna.
Patrick Yakowa was the main reason for Muslim Muslim ticket in Kaduna,
so no Christian can emerge the governor incase of any eventuality.
This is wat is playing on with Tinubu/Shettima ticket.

God forbid,
should the former make it to Aso rock and later leave dis world, then his vice a Muslim can hold on to power.
That's why a northern Apc Christian wasn't picked.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by DrChukki: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2022
Leave sentiments and personal interests aside and use your God-given common sense and spirit of humanity...

1. Will Nigerians support a Christian-Christian ticket? NO

2. Will Nigerians support having a two consecutive Christian president? NO

3. Will Nigerians support us having a two consecutive Southern president? NO

4. Can Hausa/Fulani tribe allow peace to reign in Nigeria if after 16 years and none of their person tested the office of the presidency? NO

I don't know why Nigerians are like this...

Who did this to us...?

Anyone that's not speaking out to condemn the injustice in the system of governance of this nation don't really love Nigeria...

Tell me why PO won't be the president of Nigeria...

Let me ask you... Between PO, BAT and AA, who will you employ to manage and run a business that's about to go bankrupt and fold...?

Now see...

SE has not ruled for years now, what's wrong if we should try them out...?

OBI is competent and can do the job...

OBI chose a northern Muslim so he brought equity...

ObI fully believes in Nigeria, justice, equity and fairness...

If PO don't win this election, then know that Nigerians have lost hope in Nigeria...

If you're a lover of humanity... If you believe in justice... If you believe in equity and fairness... If you believe that Nigeria deserves the best and will be among the top nations of the world, then support PO.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by fasho01(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2022
Lot's more people will quit apc cos of that

12 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Racoon(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2022
These terrorists seems to under estimate the full implications of this decision. The grand plans for islamization are no more being covertly unfolded but now overt. This should educate those who have been naive. Nigeria have never been this polarized. All because of these terrorists in govt.

Christians wake up. These people who feel we deserve nothing are just systematically trying to enslave and dominate. This whole thing is going to define how this contraption will go down some more.It is a clear warning signs.

They seems delusional that they have willfully created a Muslim Brotherhood Party in a religiously charged nation like Nigeria. Of course even the Egyptians rose up to disposed the terrorists laden govt they unfortunately brought upon themselves less than a year after.

The government of APC have proven to Nigerians overtime that they don't even care what people think of their satanic policies or ill governance that they have inflicted upon the land in the past 7 years.Be warned! Nigeria should never repeat the errors of the past.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by SarkinYarki: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
We Reject any Muslim/Muslim ticket , Tinubu wants to tear this country apart , this is an issue of utmost National Security .

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by afbstrategies: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
shocked
Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
ÀPC is now a Northern Muslim party

28 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Meet4UBTC: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Splitmind: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
So many religion bigots everywhere, are we are not enjoying development under a Muslim president right now?

Don't worry leave, Amechi can leave too, we don't need Igbos from Port Harcourt in APC.

#BATSHET2023

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Adliperd: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Never in APC before .. all what we need from them is 25%.. give the rest to labor party

Atikulate to the world

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by opalu: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Jack500: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
Tinubu will still win.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by bigdammyj: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2022
Noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Discards Deposition By CSU Based On 180-Day Time Frame / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 75th Birthday Today / Kano To Buy Five Cows With N9.2 Million Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.