Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,447 members, 7,853,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s (1115 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / Suleiman Abba Loses APC Senatorial Ticket, Asks God To Deal With Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by iwaeda: 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Engr. Babachir Lawal, has rejected Senator Kashim Shettima as the Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 elections.

APC presidential flagbearer, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, announced his choice of Shettima on Sunday.

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Dead On Arrival – Babachir Lawal2023: Why it’s wrong for a Muslim to support Muslim-Muslim ticket – Sheik

This has generated heated controversy among the populace.

However, Babachir, who hitherto had been a vocal supporter of Tinubu, condemned the action of the Presidential candidate.

In a statement on Tuesday night, the former SGF urged President Muhammadu Buhari to exercise his powers as the Commander-in-Chief and as the APC Leader to revoke Shettima’s nomination.

“I thought I will be able to avoid commenting on the disastrous error by my very good friend, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu in his choice of a running mate. I will be the very last person to stand in the way of my very good friend Tinubu’s path to the presidency. This is because since 2011 my consuming passion has been for him to succeed Buhari as President of Nigeria,” Lawal said.

According to him, be had conveyed his reservations to Tinubu and his friends against the “pitfalls” of a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

He said he has on many occasions argued the merits and demerits of both ticket permutations to him and had also in both verbal and written form showed his displeasure to such development.

“Tinubu is a very good man. He is a great listener. He has a very humble and friendly disposition to every one. But I have realized that it is in the nature of power that sycophants and lapdogs have the most influence on leaders with such character traits.”

“They will lie to him, malign and disparage others and generally do any thing to curry his favor and to also put well-meaning associates in bad light. I suspect this is what has happened to my friend. He has been cornered by self-serving, hero-worshiping, lapdogs.

“It never used to be like this. While in his hay-days in Lagos, he surrounded himself with smart, street-wise guys that could tell truth to power. He had Rauf Aregbesola, Yemi Osinbajo, Babatunde Fashola, Dele Alake, Muiz Banire, etc. The Lagos days were the days of think-tanks, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, principles and ideologies.

“But these people have since grown-up and moved up to establish their own systems living my friend stranded. But the Abuja equivalent are people inflicted with the modern Nigerian diseases-religious bigotry, sycophancy and morbid tribalism.

“The result is that they have played on his (Tinubu) long term ambition to be President and have built it into a sort of desperation and a crescendo that easily justifies this satanic resort to a Muslim-Muslim ticket. This is the calamity that has befallen my friend,” Babachir said.

He also wondered why Shetima, who he said is an “overambitious man who has a Machiavellian bent and has lots of money with which to procure a preferred-candidate status among Tinubu’s lapdogs”.

He said, “And as we are beginning to see, to also procure bogus supporters especially from among the Christian community to help launder his no-so-good image. But as a popular proverb goes: ‘Those whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad’. It appears that the gods want to destroy the APC and its Presidential Candidate and have chosen the instrumentality of the northern Moslem governors and their super ambitious tool and Kashim Ibrahim for this purpose.

“Alhaji Kashim Shetima is a Greek gift from the Northern governors to Tinubu. I advise Bola to make sure Kashima’s two hands are always in his plain sight and empty. Tinubu has made his choice. And I am sure he thinks he is ready for the outcome of that choice. He has chosen to bring religion to the front burner of Nigerian politics. And being a Muslim, he has chosen to take sides with his own religion. For all he cares, Christians can go to blazes with their votes” Babachir added.

He also said that Tinubu must also be told that there will consequences for this choice.

He said that some of them are that Christians all over the country will revolt against the APC to put the chances of his election in serious jeopardy.

He said the development will also put the election of all Christians standing for elections in Christian dominated areas in jeopardy.

He said, “This could result in APC being a minority party in both the National and State Houses of Assembly.
“Now tell me which Christian will vote for APC with the following contraption: Moslem Presidential Candidate (Lagos), Moslem Vice Presidential Candidate (Borno), Moslem National Chairman (Nasarawa), Moslem Deputy National Chairman (Borno), Moslem President (Katsina); Moslem Senate President (Yobe); Moslem Speaker (Lagos); Moslem Deputy Speaker (Plateau).”

He added that a Muslim-Muslim ticket will drag down the whole APC members to the pit and should be rejected.

https://dailytrust.com/babachir-lawal-rejects-muslim-muslim-ticket-asks-buhari-to-revoke-shettimas-nomination

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Quest7777: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
How can one individual place personal/party interests above national interests thereby threatening the peace & unity of the country?

No matter how much people try to sugar-coat it, that M-M ticket will further divide the country along religious lines & heighten the religious tensions & killings in the country.
But the bat doesn't care because his na-my-turn desperado ambition is worth more than the blood of innocent Nigerians.

No true Muslim will ever tolerate a Christian-Christian President & Vice in this country. Infact that is a sure recipe for undiluted vawulence.

4 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by IamWonderful: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by jkpbestseries: 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
someone should tell that man that we are looking at winning.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Newton2024: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
If it is true that Tinubu and Osibanjo have ideas that can solve Nigeria's pyramids of problems, why can't they share them with Buhari since they are one. Why must they allow Nigerians to suffer economically and die gruesomely from for eight years before they will bring out their solutions? I am confused.

We are just hyping these people for no tangible reason. They have nothing good upstairs.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
One thing that's obvious about Tinubu is that all his supporters are people who has benefited or is still benefiting from him,they support him solely because they feel they own him that support not because of what he can do or offer to a country that's be plunged into intensive care unit by them but because they are gaining something from him.how self centered could some humans be?

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by iwaeda: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
toobusy:
One thing that's obvious about Tinubu is that all his supporters are people who has benefited or is still benefiting from him,they support him solely because they feel they own him that support not because of what he can do or offer to a country that's be plunged into intensive care unit by them but because they are gaining something from him.how self centered could some humans be?
I stay along Lekki, come and see how bad our roads are and someone will be saying he developed Lagos. Our Estate fixed our roads grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Eriokanmi: 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
All.odds are against these duos. Ao fę o lajo, o lo ndarin ( meaning you're not welcome in a gathering but you're leading a song...who would join you in singing?) . Your party performed so woefully and people are patiently waiting for buhari to pack his baggage and leave, you're now coming up with an odd mandate of a Muslim-muslim ticket. You think Nigerians are foolish ?

3 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
If you are complaining about muslim Muslim ticket, you are a religious bigot.

Nobody in the southwest is complaining, they are more interested in competency.

It is people that are from region that is noth south west and north that are busy making noise about the issue.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by iwaeda: 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

It is people that are from region that is noth south west and north that are busy making noise about the issue.

Tell us you love agbado more than Cassava, reason you are defending Tinubu grin grin grin angry grin

4 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Think9ja(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
undecided
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by khingTony(m): 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

competence for Shettima?
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by GoldenstateChel: 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

but u can start killing pple if d table change to Christian Christian tickets and start shouting jihad jihad that show u are d religions bigot here,pot calling kettle black

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Racoon(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2022
Never again. This shit is gonna backfire no matter how these desperate power mongers wants to sugar coat it while the useless Christains supporting it wants to rationalise it.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by MetaPhysical: 12:28am On Jul 13, 2022
. This is because since 2011 my consuming passion has been for him to succeed Buhari as President of Nigeria,” Lawal said.

Since 2011 ke?

APC was not even born in 2011. This is an error, probably meant 2014.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Kingspin(m): 12:32am On Jul 13, 2022
No true Muslim will support Muslim tickets.

If they talked about competence, let's have a presidential WAEC.
Nigeria needs to employ a competent candidate.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Buccalcavity2: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2022
Can someone please articulate the bearing of religious leaning on governance, governance style or livelihood of faith/religious adherents.
Politicians just come up with narratives that suit them when pushing an agenda.
I'm a Christian and I have never benefited or lost anything from Nigerian government because I'm a Christian. Talk another one.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by festacman(m): 12:38am On Jul 13, 2022
Of all arguments I have read on Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim ticket, this one by Babachir Lawal is most logical and captures the subject-matter in '3-dimensions'. He has frankly communicated as Tinubu's friend and as a Northern Christian who wears the shoes.

From all indications, Tinubu's presidential ambition has blinded him and made him insensitive to the diversity and unity of the nation he is aspiring to lead. Even if he wins, it can only be pyrrhic victory that may not guarantee peace for governance. However, Nigeria is far greater than Tinubu and lifelong ambition. I trust Abubakar Atiku to take full advantage.

Kashim Shettima appears as a tactful politician. If he is, he should volunteer to step down for greater Nigeria. And history will remember him forever.

In conclusion, may Nigeria become more unified, stronger and more prosperous. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by MetaPhysical: 12:39am On Jul 13, 2022
iwaeda:
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Engr. Babachir Lawal, has rejected Senator Kashim Shettima as the Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 elections.

APC presidential flagbearer, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, announced his choice of Shettima on Sunday.

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Dead On Arrival – Babachir Lawal2023: Why it’s wrong for a Muslim to support Muslim-Muslim ticket – Sheik

This has generated heated controversy among the populace.

However, Babachir, who hitherto had been a vocal supporter of Tinubu, condemned the action of the Presidential candidate.

In a statement on Tuesday night, the former SGF urged President Muhammadu Buhari to exercise his powers as the Commander-in-Chief and as the APC Leader to revoke Shettima’s nomination.

“I thought I will be able to avoid commenting on the disastrous error by my very good friend, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu in his choice of a running mate. I will be the very last person to stand in the way of my very good friend Tinubu’s path to the presidency. This is because since 2011 my consuming passion has been for him to succeed Buhari as President of Nigeria,” Lawal said.

According to him, be had conveyed his reservations to Tinubu and his friends against the “pitfalls” of a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

He said he has on many occasions argued the merits and demerits of both ticket permutations to him and had also in both verbal and written form showed his displeasure to such development.

“Tinubu is a very good man. He is a great listener. He has a very humble and friendly disposition to every one. But I have realized that it is in the nature of power that sycophants and lapdogs have the most influence on leaders with such character traits.”

“They will lie to him, malign and disparage others and generally do any thing to curry his favor and to also put well-meaning associates in bad light. I suspect this is what has happened to my friend. He has been cornered by self-serving, hero-worshiping, lapdogs.

“It never used to be like this. While in his hay-days in Lagos, he surrounded himself with smart, street-wise guys that could tell truth to power. He had Rauf Aregbesola, Yemi Osinbajo, Babatunde Fashola, Dele Alake, Muiz Banire, etc. The Lagos days were the days of think-tanks, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, principles and ideologies.

“But these people have since grown-up and moved up to establish their own systems living my friend stranded. But the Abuja equivalent are people inflicted with the modern Nigerian diseases-religious bigotry, sycophancy and morbid tribalism.

“The result is that they have played on his (Tinubu) long term ambition to be President and have built it into a sort of desperation and a crescendo that easily justifies this satanic resort to a Muslim-Muslim ticket. This is the calamity that has befallen my friend,” Babachir said.

He also wondered why Shetima, who he said is an “overambitious man who has a Machiavellian bent and has lots of money with which to procure a preferred-candidate status among Tinubu’s lapdogs”.

He said, “And as we are beginning to see, to also procure bogus supporters especially from among the Christian community to help launder his no-so-good image. But as a popular proverb goes: ‘Those whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad’. It appears that the gods want to destroy the APC and its Presidential Candidate and have chosen the instrumentality of the northern Moslem governors and their super ambitious tool and Kashim Ibrahim for this purpose.

“Alhaji Kashim Shetima is a Greek gift from the Northern governors to Tinubu. I advise Bola to make sure Kashima’s two hands are always in his plain sight and empty. Tinubu has made his choice. And I am sure he thinks he is ready for the outcome of that choice. He has chosen to bring religion to the front burner of Nigerian politics. And being a Muslim, he has chosen to take sides with his own religion. For all he cares, Christians can go to blazes with their votes” Babachir added.

He also said that Tinubu must also be told that there will consequences for this choice.

He said that some of them are that Christians all over the country will revolt against the APC to put the chances of his election in serious jeopardy.

He said the development will also put the election of all Christians standing for elections in Christian dominated areas in jeopardy.

He said, “This could result in APC being a minority party in both the National and State Houses of Assembly.
“Now tell me which Christian will vote for APC with the following contraption: Moslem Presidential Candidate (Lagos), Moslem Vice Presidential Candidate (Borno), Moslem National Chairman (Nasarawa), Moslem Deputy National Chairman (Borno), Moslem President (Katsina); Moslem Senate President (Yobe); Moslem Speaker (Lagos); Moslem Deputy Speaker (Plateau).”

He added that a Muslim-Muslim ticket will drag down the whole APC members to the pit and should be rejected.

https://dailytrust.com/babachir-lawal-rejects-muslim-muslim-ticket-asks-buhari-to-revoke-shettimas-nomination

I like what Tinubu has done. It creates awareness amongst elites that Nigeria is unfit to accommodate pluralism of faiths, cultures and tongues.

Babachir feels cheated presently and afraid of what to come in fiture. Ordinary Nigerians live through these fears daily, not just at election cycles. Maybe those cheated by Tinubu's choice will add their voice to dissolution of Nigeria.

Thanks to Emi L'okan for waking people up.

Yoruba Nation on my mind!
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Kaiser20: 12:43am On Jul 13, 2022
The gods. has finally made Mr Tinubu Mad,. ...who will clean all the mess
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by huntila(m): 12:55am On Jul 13, 2022
Watching the unfolding scenarios
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by SledgeHammerer: 12:57am On Jul 13, 2022
Grass cutter dey claim christian too? Lol
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2022
All Christian's in APC would definitely look stupid, how would they look another christian in the face and say "Vote APC"...
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by SmellyNyash: 2:33am On Jul 13, 2022
grin APC calamity!!

Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by MisterGrace: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2022
grin
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Maxymilliano(m): 3:07am On Jul 13, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with Tinubu's choice of a Muslim as his VP candidate. It's now left for Nigerians to speak with their PVC.

This might be God's hands in action. Time will tell
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Bobloco: 3:09am On Jul 13, 2022
Succinctly written

Ears that do not listen to advice, accompany the head when it is chopped off.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by Oshodipikin: 4:14am On Jul 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by MikoB: 4:25am On Jul 13, 2022
The issue of the vice presidency was one of the reasons many of us supported Osinbajo because it would have been an easy ride to aso rock by him, with Osinbajo you will not be hearing Obi like this, also Osinbajo will perform very well with Northern electorates which Obi is still struggling to make inroad.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by orisa37: 4:39am On Jul 13, 2022
"I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER ME", THAT'S WHY.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by orisa37: 4:41am On Jul 13, 2022
"I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER ME", THAT'S WHY.

AND WE ARE AT THE LAST RUNG OF RIFA. ANARCHY TO MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE WITHOUT ME.
Re: Babachir Lawal Rejects Muslim-muslim Ticket, Asks Buhari To Revoke Shettima’s by amanda2013(f): 4:50am On Jul 13, 2022
jkpbestseries:
someone should tell that man that we are looking at winning.
Winning at the expense of the country? Do you realize that christians will become endangered species in this country if Tinubu succeeds just like in southern Kaduna? And lastly, will Moslems support christian-christian ticket in this country? You guys just wants to finish this country.

(1) (2)

Terrorists Are Forming Parallel Govt In Kaduna, El-rufai Tells Buhari / Larry Ellison Donate $1M For Peter Obi’s Presidential Campaign / You are youth Friendly, But your Compaign DG is 70years, Dino Tackles Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.