Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,719 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo (362 Views)

Why I Resigned As Minister Of Power - Barth Nnaji / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by 6Ebisco: 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo

A senator representing Adamawa North, Senator Elisha Abbo has revealed his reasons for resigning from the campaign team of All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Recall that there had been mixed reactions from Nigerians when Tinubu announced Senator Kashim Shettima – a Muslim as his running mate.

Senator Abbo who was a member of the Tinubu Support Organization (TSO) resigned after the announcement.

Speaking on Arise TV, Abbo said he resigned because he can not continue to support his party for adopting a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

He added that his conscience will not free him to support the political move.

Lamenting the move, he said the decision was “Irresponsible, insensitive and ignorant of the country’s political system.”

He further denounced his loyalty to Tinubu while saying the party’s constitution was not considered before the decision.

Abbo stated that “You can’t be loyal to a government that breaks its own constitution.

“I’ve been one of the fighters, even before he (Tinubu) came out that he wanted to contest for this office.”

Abbo who alleged to be among those that brought victory to Tinubu at the APC Primaries said “His first act as a candidate of the party was to be against the constitution.

“How do you command loyalty from people you’ve thrown away?”

He further alleged that the APC Presidential candidate did not consult anybody before taking the decision.

”The truth is he didn’t consult anyone. There was no consultation.

“What he did was, they had made up their mind from the beginning that they would bring in Shettima as the vice-presidential candidate of the APC,” he said.

The aggrieved senator revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari had rejected Tinubu as a running mate in 2015.

Meanwhile, he cleared the air on whether he would be dumping the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), saying he would not make his decision because of one person.

He however said, “We will remain in the APC and clean APC of this rot.”

Read more: https://www.mcebiscoo.com/why-i-resigned-from-tinubu-campaign-team-senator-abbo/

Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by Yorubalandlord(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by oghalebros(m): 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
You took a bold step
Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by IamWonderful: 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
The adult toy sinator? You are well celebrated in Igbo land, join Pandora Peter OBItuary miscreants.
Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by Jostoman: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
So how do you want to clean the rot when you are still inside the Rot?
Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by onumadu: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Abbo who alleged to be among those that brought victory to Tinubu at the APC Primaries said “His first act as a candidate of the party was to be against the constitution.

“How do you command loyalty from people you’ve thrown away?”

This is how they start. From violating party constitution to violating national constitution.These people have zero regards for institutions that ensure accountability and probity.

If he ignores the constitutions, what would stop him from converting our CBN to his personal bullion van?

Bible says that by their fruits you shall know them.
You cannot pluck mango fruit from an orange tree.

Nigerians clear your eyes and vote wisely next year!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by Jostoman: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
IamWonderful:
The adult toy sinator? You are well celebrated in Igbo land, join Pandora Peter OBItuary miscreants.
the pains is too much for you because he is leaving your despirado candidate.
Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by Built2last: 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
Presidential aspirant can still get 22m Votes without winning in the North West this happened in 2011" ~ Fastweet

So, Look at the map below, and check out those states coloured green, those were the states won by Goodluck in 2011, he didn't win in those strong northern states course blue, yet he won the election and still got 22 million votes, losing woefully in States like Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto, Yobe, Zamfara

I am revealing this secret so we can all understand that no region has any monopoly on votes...A surprise might just happen in 2023. Maybe this is the statistics Peter Obi & Datti Baba-Ahmed are looking at

Don't allow anyone fool you 2023 election is very much open.

4 factors have further opened the race.

1. The new electoral act makes it more difficult to rig the election.

2. INEC now has over 100 million registered voters. Nigeria since 1999 has never recorded 50 million people come out to vote in any election.

Meaning there are over 50million voters who have either been averse or cared less. Today, hunger and poverty is resetting brains. Those people might choose to vote now.

3. Voter awareness and campaign for PVC collection is at all time high.

4. The Northern voter is left with 4 choices. Vote Tinubu For APC, Vote Atiku for PDP, vote
Kwankwaso for NNPP or vote Yusuf Datti Ahmed. The Northern vote is clearly split.

Let's analyse objectively.

What do you think?
Re: Why I Resigned From Tinubu Campaign Team — Senator Abbo by IamWonderful: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Jostoman:
the pains is too much for you because he is leaving your despirado candidate.
Pain Hehehehehehehehehe, when I smashing baby factory criminals?

(1) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Court Orders INEC Not To Involve AMOTEKUN In Election Activities / "Calamity Will Befall Tinubu-shettima Candidature Like Abiola-kingibe" - Caucus / How My Wife Saved A Little Boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.