Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen (2500 Views)

Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by nanana(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2007
[color=#990000][color=#000099]THANKS NAIRALAND FOR GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY OF EXPRESSING MYSELF, MY MAIN AIM IS HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING TO THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA AS A POOR CITIZEN OF NIGERIA?, COS ONETHING ABOUT NIGERIA, IS THAT IF DON;T HAVE THE CONNECTION U ARE GOING NO WERE, WELL I HAVE A POOR CITIZEN ALSO THAT STAYS IN THE STATE AND WOULD REALLY WANT ME TO COME OVER THERE, BUT SHE IS FINANCIALLY DOWN, WE BOTH LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH, BUT HOW TO COME ABOUT WE MEETING EACH OTHER IS THE BIGGEST QUESTION, SO I NEED A HELPING HAND ON HOW TO COME ABOUT MY GOING OVER THERE, I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IF MY SUBJECT IS CONSIDER, THANKS  [/color] [/color]
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by lovemajek(f): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2007
Play visa lottery, then next thing go follow am.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by simplyme3(f): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2007
pay your tithe.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by lovemajek(f): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2007
the guy na thief.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by opensource(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2007
Well sport is a good way out

If you play basketball and good in it depending on your age I can give you reference to a coach who can help you but you need provide video tape of you playing .

Also America football , hockey and many american sports if you are good you can get scholarship

Athletes are cool too

Scholarship it to america and dont forget to play Visa lottery every year because you loss nothin
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by PTH(m): 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2007
you want to join us to pack shit? grin
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by sunshine8(f): 5:22am On Aug 14, 2007
Be Nice PTH, That's My Man of 2 yrs you're talking about, Whom I Love very much we are serious about trying to find anyone who may be able to help us in the right direction sooo we can be together, Not into rude remarks, What Happened to American Hospitality, Thank You, **HUGS**
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by PTH(m): 5:46am On Aug 14, 2007
@ sunshine don't make me laugh. you're american, you know the way to your immigration office and you can find out all the information you need to bring your "man of 2 years" here. how have u guys maintained a 2 yr relationship without setting eyes on each other?

If the INS can't help then neither can nairaland.

I'm very skeptical of your relationship. Why is the guy the one desperate to go to the US allegedly "to see you"? Why is he not looking to raise money to bring u to nigeria, that is cheaper and getting a nigerian visa should not take you at most 2 weeks.

Do you know how long it takes to get a fiance visa for the US? He's not even likely to get the visa since he's male and u both are not married, he's 99% of the time going to be viewed as nothing more than an economic refugee seeking to take advantage of a vulnerable american.
Forget about him coming on a visitors visa:
1. he most likely wont get it
2. even if he does he'd be forced to go back to Nigeria unless he wants to remain as an illegal immigrant forever running from the law.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by nanana(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
I MUST CONFESS I REALLY APPRECIATE UR CONCERNS ABOUT MY GOING OVER THERE, BUT I REALLY PREFER GOING OVER THERE TO WORK, AND NOT TO BECOME A BURDEN TO ANYONE THERE, AND I WIILL REALLY WANT TO GO OVER THERE LEGALLY, COS I DON;T WANT TO BE AN ILLEGA IMMIGRATE, COS THE LOTTERY WILL BE OKAY, BUT STILL YET I REALLY WANT THE MOST EASIESR WAY TO GO ABOUT IT, THANKS
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by azorjiu(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
No easier route to abroad.

Apply for work permit at the american embassy.
That's the only legitimate way to get your working document.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by PTH(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
@ azorjiu, dont raise his non existent hopes. If it were so easy to just walk to the US embassy and pick up a work permit there'd be no one left in Nigeria today.

@ nanana, the easiest route abroad now is through the visa lottery, if you think you can go by marriage you are seriously wasting ur time.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by kavi(f): 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
so funny, anyway play visa lottery and sure you pay your tithe and see what god wil do. cool cool
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2007
If you don't have enough connections to make it in Nigeria,
then you can't have enough connections to get to the US!
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by omoge(f): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2007
maybe through adoption. i heard nigerian take that route too. look for someone to adopt you. when u get there marry your woman undecided
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by sunshine8(f): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2007
Siena i'm trying to reach you through yahoo, can you talk
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by allhavoc(m): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2007
Go to the United States of America to do what?

Edit: Sorry, I missed your subsequent post. In any case, getting to the US is no guarantee of living a fulfilled life. Best of luck.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by lovemajek(f): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2007
Think again by August 2008, naira exchange rate to US dollar will be 1.25 to $1.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by Janeesa: 5:03am On Aug 15, 2007
lets get one thing straight: in america if you have NO connections YOU arent goin any damn where either, its not just nigeria.try a lottery, my cousins came here by the lottery visa (idk what u people call it) i know its hard to get one but try until you get one!and be prepared to work and i mean  a lot ---you know why? b/c thats alllll you do in this country, just b/c u come here doesnt mean u'll find work, if u dont have any education ur fu(k'd, but u could do jobs like CNA, which most african ppl do when they come here, no offense to anyone!
LMAO @PTH's comment(pack shit)!!!
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by nanana(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2007
i really want to know if the visa lottery is out, and when is it the time it will be played, i really wantto try my luck, i will like to use this medium to say thank u to all of u that has contributed to my disscussion
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by swiftycool(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2007
@ SNSHINE
Beautiful love story , but ummmm, please dont mind my asking
are u also in Yankee packing SHIT?
can people support dependents on shit packing money?
Nna bros try find better thing do 4 Naija, if u never go school or u will be dissapointed.
Word enuff 4 wise. Shikena!
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by lovemajek(f): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2007
nobody dey carry shit for yankee, because since I land here I have not see anybody carry shit, but have only seen it for naija.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by omoge(f): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2007
true!!! those agbepos plenty for naija you know. i haven't seen any agbepo so far grin
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by swiftycool(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2007
c'mon peeps flow wit the vocabs now Haba!
Shit packing is just an expression 4 categorising menial and
undiginified jobs u wont proudly admit to everyone
i tot u guys should be that intelligent, please dont let us work too hard
getting u 2 understand.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by omoge(f): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2007
everyone is playing along you should know that by now grin throw in encouragement, jokes and jabs that's pretty much it.
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by rachiwise(f): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2007
Na wa for this people o.

Na shit,shit dey say dem dey pack and dem dey buy cars,house,dey send moni to their ppl ova here and they tell us say na shit dem they pack.
Abeg i wan follow them pack shit o jare.
afterall people wey no dey pack anything just sit don for house(unemployment),dey suffer 4 for naija.
Abeg na shit be the happening thing o jare.i wan carry.

***For my real ppl out there,shit packing is just a term some selfish nigerians use to discourage other nigerians from going abroad.Though some do menial jobs(but it is not just 4 nigerians even whites) just to find their footings(mostly for ppl with poor backgrounds),but they move higher with time.
@Poster
Pray and hope for the best(after applying for ur visa lottery o!)
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by sunshine8(f): 5:27am On Sep 12, 2007
YOU KNOW I'M NOT QUITE SURE HOW TO TAKE ALL THE ADVICE THAT WAS GIVEN TO US REGARDING THE POST THAT WAS PUT OUT FROM NANANA FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE GENUINE WE ARE THANKFUL ,TO THOSE WHO WEREN'T SOOO POSITIVE AND THINK THIS IS A BIG JOKE, WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS GOD BLESS YOU, AND WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN FINDING TRUE LOVE IN YOUR LIFE, THEN AND ONLY THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE SINCERITY OF TRYING TO UNITE TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER AND HAVE ENDURED THE DISTANCE FOR TWO YEARS NOW, THIS LOVE STORY IS NO JOKE AND EVEN THOUGH I AM FROM AMERICA I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE, AND HONESTLY I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN FROM MY END TO MAKE THIS DREAM A REALITY, I AM LOOKING IN ALL DIRECTIONS AND ANY HELP IS WELCOMED, HOWEVER IF YOU CAN NOT BE POSITIVE THEN PLZZZ DON'T BOTHER WRITING IN REGARDS TO THIS POST THAT HAS BEEN CREATED, YOU CAN LAUGH AND JOKE AND TRY TO DISCOURAGE BUT I CAN TELL YOU THIS MUCH, IT WILL ONLY MAKE US STRONGER, AND MORE DETERMINED, AND WHEN THAT DAY COMES THAT THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND I ARE FINALLY TOGETHER WE WILL BE ABLE TO COME HERE AND GIVE BACK WITH ADVICE AND THE STRENGTH AND ENCOURAGEMENT THAT WE HAVE RECIEVED FROM THOSE WHO ARE REAL ON HERE AS WELL AS FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN JUST AS MUCH AS WE DO, AND BE ABLE TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE WHO EXPERIENCES THIS KIND OF LOVE THAT IS SHARED BETWEEN NANANA AND I, THANKYOU FROM THE BOTH OF US TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SINCERE, WE APPRECIATE YOU, smiley
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by finekid(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2007
grin He who hath ear, let him hear grin
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by uspry1(f): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2007
@Nanana and Sunshine8

If you, Sunshine8, are an American citizen with stable financial support, seriously love with and want your foreign citizen, Nanana, to travel to the United States to marry and live in the United States, you Sunshine8, must fill out the required immigrant Fiancee (K1) VISA application at below:

[list]
[li]**Petition for Alien fiancé(e) in the United States (Form I-129F) (US $455.00)[/li]
[li]U.S. Embassy nonimmigrant VISA issuance (Form DS-156) (US $100.00) [/li]
[li]Application for Permanent Residence (Green Card) or Adjust Status (Form I-485) (US $930.00)[/li]
[li]Affidavit of Support  (Form I-864) (US $0.00) [/li]
[li]Medical Examination fee (costs vary from post to post) [/li]
[li]Petition to classify status of Alien Relative for issuance of immigrant VISA(Form I-130) (US $355.00)[/li]
[li]U.S. Fingerprinting (US $85.00)[/li]
[li]Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents
required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and
expenses for travel to the embassy or consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to
country and case to case.[/li]
[/list]

**This petition I-129F, you must file at the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you presently live.  YOU CANNOT FILE THE PETITION I-129F AT AN EMBASSY, CONSULATE, OR U.S. IMMIGRATION OFFICE ABOARD

Once USCIS approved petition I-129F, it sends to the National VISA Center for processing prior to sending to the embassy or consulate where your foreign citizen will apply for K1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e).  The approved petition I-129F is valid for ONLY FOUR MONTHS.

After getting the approved fiancé(e) visa, your fiancé(e) enters the U.S.  through a U.S immigration port-of-entry. The U.S. immigration official gives your fiancé(e) instructions on what to do when he/she enters the United States. You must get married within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry into the United States.

After marriage, your spouse must file Form  I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live in the United States. You must fill out the Affidavit of Support,  Form I-864, with the USCIS for your spouse's application to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). See Permanent Resident at the  Department of Homeland Security's, USCIS internet site.

After getting the Permanent Resident, your spouse must fill out application obtaining new Social Security Card.

===================== WARNING ======================
The normal processing for all of this above ranges from 3-months to one year depend on complete required applications you follow properly instructions and paying fees on time---it will be shorter (3-months). Any incomplete application will cause further delay more.

Good luck both of you, Nanana and Sunshine8
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 13, 2007
NL is full of posts of lovers that just HAD to be together yet had never seen.

where dem dey now?

hmmm yahooze
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by nanana(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
we sre still much around still looking for solutions, pls help
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by almondjoy(f): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2007
Just do like most of the Nigerian dudes from ma village are doing.  Just Yahoo one babe through the internet romance thingy and promise am marriage.  She will come and pick you up as soon as "the papers" are ready.  Or do like one of my dear friends did--go befriend one of the dudus working in the American consulate  for Lagos yonder--carry belle--automatic marriage be that. The bobo be wan run but the American govt got involved and she is a citizen today with 5 kids for the dude.

Goodluck! kiss
Re: How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen by awonboiz: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
@almondjoy

y u no arrange am one babe undecided
MADAM SABI wink grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start A Travel Agency / Turkey's Online Visa..what Re The Requirements? / A Nigerian Needs Help In Dallas Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.