Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,192 members, 7,839,055 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil (2737 Views)

Muslims Protecting A Catholic Church In Egypt During Mass / Saudi Wahhabis Name School In Honor Of Yazeed / Honor Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by tayoccu(m): 4:05am On Apr 11, 2012
LagosShia: @frosbel
this so called "honor killing" is a cultural practice in middle eastern countries especially.you would be suprised to know that even christians who belong to that part of the world could do such an act.this practice where one makes himself the judge and takes away the life of another person is not according to islamic law.

if the father who killed his 6 daughters is practicing any religion,that religion is not Islam.he must be practicing what Jesus is reported to have taught as recorded in the New Testament:

Mathew 5:29

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Mathew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Mathew 18:18
If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

what the father who killed is 6 daughter is practicing is this:

If your daughters causes you shame,kill them off.it is better for you to lose your daughters than to live in shame,the feeling of guilt and with sinners.

So as you can see,inflicting oneself with injury and killing his daughters is very very close to what Jesus is said to have taught as recorded in the New Testament than what is found anywhere in the Quran.

Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by tayoccu(m): 4:20am On Apr 11, 2012
abubello: HOW CHRISTIANITY TREATS WOMEN- Austrian man fathers seven children with his own daughter

Pray tell did the Austrian man claim he did the will of God?
That's the main difference between a psychologically Impaired individual, and a religiously twisted person.
The Austrian man had mental issues, a man who kills for a god that "forbids" killing...
Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by seguun(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2012
tayoccu:

I'm beginning to see the big picture, it seems you guys are naturally inclined to misinterpreting scriptures.
The piece of scripture u quote, talks about sacrifices individuals must make in terms of their lifestyle (its a parable junior grin) so as to attain spiritual purity , not a call to go butchering.

Its unfortunate that a father would kill his own daughters, it really is.
But I dare say it isn't just a middle eastern thing, it happens in northern nigeria.
I normally keep out of discussions like this, but I will make an exception.
Prophet Muhammad himself testified to the fact that Jesus is perfect, the perfect prophet he called him, but muhammad claimed to be the final prophet. My question is why would God send someone to "improve" on the work of a perfect prophet?
Christians are very funny, assuming those verses of the scripture had been written "so pay the tithe" or "drink the beer" instead of "cut if off" it would have been interpreted literally...
Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2012
Tayaoccu
so you have a ready excuse for the Austrian (insanity) because he is a christian while you are not willing to extend the same excuse to the obviously deranged Paskistani, what a double standarad.

How about all the christain priest who molests kids entrusted to them are they all crazy as well?
Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by LagosShia: 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2012
plappville: @LagoSia, apart from those verses u misinterpreted, do u ve other verses that shows how Jesus killed or order his deciples to kill people? U ve put a bible verse in the evil act of a muslim man. First i know that Islam honour killing but i ve not understood it was extented to a father killing his daughters for allahs sake. This act is very rampant in the islamic nations, which means, it is islamica. Why cant u people just face the truth and stop arguing. Ur misqoute of the bible makes no sense, rather, shows the falsehood of Islam. Girls/women live with fear in their parents home. Why cant u let God judge the kids? The kids Do against the law ok, the best option shouldnt be taking their lives. Who take the life of the father/brother when they do against Islam law?? Use ur tongue to count ur teeth.

tayoccu:

I'm beginning to see the big picture, it seems you guys are naturally inclined to misinterpreting scriptures.
The piece of scripture u quote, talks about sacrifices individuals must make in terms of their lifestyle (its a parable junior grin) so as to attain spiritual purity , not a call to go butchering.

Its unfortunate that a father would kill his own daughters, it really is.
But I dare say it isn't just a middle eastern thing, it happens in northern nigeria.
I normally keep out of discussions like this, but I will make an exception.
Prophet Muhammad himself testified to the fact that Jesus is perfect, the perfect prophet he called him, but muhammad claimed to be the final prophet. My question is why would God send someone to "improve" on the work of a perfect prophet?

'Honor Killing In The Bible'

Many Christians are often fond of accusing Muslims of committing several honor killings in the name of Islam; they then use this line of argument as a reason to discredit Islam in their eyes. In this article we shall once again turn the table on the Christian showing that honor killings can be found in the Bible, and that the Bible is for honor killings! Hence by their own criteria, Christians will have to abandon their own book.

Let us now see the honor killings in the Bible:

Leviticus 21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

So note, if the priest's daughter commits a bad intimate act, she is to be burned because of her fathers reputation, because it is against his honor. What will the Christian say now? This is one example of honor killing in the Bible, in fact the act is ordered by the Bible itself.

"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. (Exodus 21:17)"

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)"

So here the children are put to death for insulting their parents, this is another example of honor killings, the children are put to death for dis-honoring their very own parents and the punishment is death.

So we have seen 3 examples of honor killings in the Bible, so since Christians always have a problem with honor killings and say Islam is wrong because of some Muslims who commit this act, then the Bible is also wrong for allowing honor killings which also makes their own God wrong, and if God is wrong then he cant be God because God is always correct. Either way the Christian is in a bad dilemma.

http://muslim-responses.com/Honor_Killings/Honor_Killings_
Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by tayoccu(m): 4:15am On Apr 13, 2012
abubello: Tayaoccu
so you have a ready excuse for the Austrian (insanity) because he is a christian while you are not willing to extend the same excuse to the obviously deranged Paskistani, what a double standarad.

How about all the christain priest who molests kids entrusted to them are they all crazy as well?

My dear friend I make excuses for no one, I only pointed out the difference between the motive of their actions. The austrian man did his without trying to justify if with religion. If he had said he did it cos God decreed it then I would have responded differently.

You mentioned those perverted priests, those disturbed he-goats, they are a disgrace, the bible did warn us of such individuals, but even @ that their actions were not "decreed by God"
Re: How Islam Treats Women - Arif Mubashir Guns Down Six Daughters In Mass Honor-kil by tayoccu(m): 4:51am On Apr 13, 2012
LagosShia:

'Honor Killing In The Bible'

Many Christians are often fond of accusing Muslims of committing several honor killings in the name of Islam; they then use this line of argument as a reason to discredit Islam in their eyes. In this article we shall once again turn the table on the Christian showing that honor killings can be found in the Bible, and that the Bible is for honor killings! Hence by their own criteria, Christians will have to abandon their own book.

Let us now see the honor killings in the Bible:

Leviticus 21:9 And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

So note, if the priest's daughter commits a bad intimate act, she is to be burned because of her fathers reputation, because it is against his honor. What will the Christian say now? This is one example of honor killing in the Bible, in fact the act is ordered by the Bible itself.

"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. (Exodus 21:17)"

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)"

So here the children are put to death for insulting their parents, this is another example of honor killings, the children are put to death for dis-honoring their very own parents and the punishment is death.

So we have seen 3 examples of honor killings in the Bible, so since Christians always have a problem with honor killings and say Islam is wrong because of some Muslims who commit this act, then the Bible is also wrong for allowing honor killings which also makes their own God wrong, and if God is wrong then he cant be God because God is always correct. Either way the Christian is in a bad dilemma.

http://muslim-responses.com/Honor_Killings/Honor_Killings_

Brother the laws you quoted have been superseded by the laws of love and forgiveness, the book of psalms chapter 130 verse 3. Says
If you, O LORD, should mark
iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
. In reality if God decides to strike us all down when we sin who will be left? Who is without sin?

Let"s examine the story of the woman caught in adultery John 8 1- 11,
The lady was caught in adultery, a crime punishable by death, but rather than allowing her to be killed, Christ intervened, pointed out the fact that we all have sinned, and laid the foundation for the laws of love and forgiveness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? / Why Bid'ah Is Not Acceptable: A Scientific Approach? / Calling Of Early Morning Prayer(solat Subuhi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.