Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) (47099 Views)

Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures / Dispatch Rider Thrills Motorists On 3rd Mainland Bridge: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by od501: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1547504477355245568?t=D9H8fi223VVsAlWmlMrBZw&s=19

You can only use mere bridge to deceive the gullible. Break Nigeria and save Iives.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Shemadex(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
PointZerom:
angry
We appreciate this but...
We cannot be DECEIVED by this 6km bridge.

OBIdiently vote for me and you will see the different.
we no u ppl for ingrate
B4 u ppl should not worry 2023 is here again una go cry for 8 years again una no get choice of Yoruba nd Hausa presidency

Until una kwn how to play politics in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by majamajic(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mikolo70:

This clowns again... Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I know u are cool with bad governments , but it's time u enjoy a good government

Yes we will force the enjoyment to u all this period

Peter Obi is a movement !
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Ever8090: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
PointZerom:
angry

I am Obedient but let's give Kudos to PMB on this one, Goodluck Jonathan could not do this and it was a disgrace to him that he could not do it.

The bridge will reduce traffic on the first bridge and ease movement tremendously in that area...

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by omenka(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mynd44:
Lovely skyline. Towns are so so beautiful and quiet
What you have there is a scenery, and not a skyline.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by isoryt1990: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
i just pray that we the youths will embrace the mind of changing the way things are been done before https://pentagonmarket.ru/
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by omenka(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Even though it is to their benefit, it pains them deeply the project is being completed. This is what hate does to the mind. It is just madness.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Billygee2u: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
AntonVince:
It's election season and the "2nd Niger Bridge" again comes to the fore.
The satanic Janjaweedal party is all-out again to hoodwink gullible Nigerians with lies.

For how long will this project remain in an "ongoing" status?

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by hopexter(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
PointZerom:

Maybe your northern and Western brothers are satisfied hence their refusal to rule NIGERIA.

Amadioha kee you there.

Obi already said people like you online are not his fans so stop using Obi as an umbrella for your Ipob agitation. You’re only creating hatred for Obi and that’s not cool angry

May Amadioha guide you to your early grave, Íseh!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Litmus: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
Where has all the trees gone? Was this area not once part of the great West Africa Rainforest that, in addition to the Brazil Amazon , was labelled the Earth's lungs ?

The bridge is required an-all but the growing settlement bordering the bridge ought be discouraged...
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by anonimi: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Igbo:
Mazi Tinubu will complete it

In the manner that he has completed the light rail since he talked about it 22 years ago. Something that Jakande started building before Thiefnuibu's packaged mess in Aso Rock cancelled it as military dictator in 1984?
Even oyoyo Fashola with his fake June 2013 date could not deliver just one phase. Just one phase o. shocked

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

naptu2:
Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola

January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

“Construction work will continue on the project from Orile-Iganmu to Marina, the expansion work on the road from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko will also be intensified.

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents.

“When the project is completed, the state would be at par with other major cities of the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by EgbonOyedele: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
omenka:
Even though it is to their benefit, it pains them deeply the project is being completed. This is what hate does to the mind. It is just madness.
you're always sad
why?

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Igbojew: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
See uncomfortable toll gates they lined up there and this wicked man that calls himself Buhari want Igbos to clap for him.Dont worry UGM will destroy that toll gates at appropriate time...........I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Litmus: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
Felling rainforests trees leads to erosion...
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Igbojew: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
EgbonOyedele:
you're always sad
why?
I thought I was only one that sees that guy the way you see him which is a sadist.I don't waste my precious time on such people........I am that Igbojew
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Ijaya123: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
prince3009:

Point of correction, it was never a project by Muhammadu Buhari!

It was a brainchild of GEJ which his administration paid the contractors to handle just before Buhari was sElected into office.

Let's state facts the way they truly are!

How much did GEJ pay for the bridge?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by naija4life247: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
PointZerom:
angry

I understand, you prefer that the money used for construction of the bridge to be used to buy hard drugs in large quantity and shipped to US and Europe
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by 0fodirinwa: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
Op it is Obosi interchange. Onitsha 2nd Niger bridge will further advance the mega city of Onitsha. Onitsha is the economic hub of SE
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by naija4life247: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
prince3009:

It was a brainchild of GEJ which his administration paid the contractors to handle just before Buhari was sElected into office.

You are right, Goatluck Jonathan constructed the bridge and opened it for use. That is why the bridge has been used to transport hard drugs to US and Europe since Goatluck 's regime.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by PointZerom: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
hopexter:

Obi already said people like you online are not his fans so stop using Obi as an umbrella for your Ipob agitation. You’re only creating hatred for Obi and that’s not cool angry

May Amadioha guide you to your early grave, Íseh!! undecided

If not that you don't have sense you would have seen where we say "we appreciate it.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by PointZerom: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ever8090:
I am Obedient but let's give Kudos to PMB on this one, Goodluck Jonathan could not do this and it was a disgrace to him that he could not do it.

The bridge will reduce traffic on the first bridge and ease movement tremendously in that area...

We say we appreciate it. Didn't you read that.

Obi will do better.
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by PointZerom: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Shemadex:
we no u ppl for ingrate
B4 u ppl should not worry 2023 is here again una go cry for 8 years again una no get choice of Yoruba nd Hausa presidency

Until una kwn how to play politics in Nigeria

Let this be your guide.

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by twilliamx(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
abobote:
The Buhari only project in the entire South East, for 8yrs is not even moving forward.

Useless president
Useless citizen
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Itzlinda(f): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
Newton2024:
Another set of presidential aspirants will use this bridge to campaign in 2027. But rail lines were constructed to Niger Republic without waste of time. I pity my igbo brothers. The marginalization is out of this world.

Not even a single metal for that rail line project.
Are you in Nigeria or another country?

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by PointZerom: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
Godispeace:
Children of hate from that ipob/esn region, always senseless grin grin grin grin
like Godispeace
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Itzlinda(f): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
prince3009:

You are an idiot. Where in your life have you seen a project in this country where the project is awarded and the money paid in full.

I can bet my balls that you studied useless course like theatre and performing art or museum studies. That's why you don't even know how contract works

3 Likes

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by twilliamx(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
Gozac:

What was the project of PDP in SE for 16 years?
Don't bother yourself with this nit wits... They are too blinded by hate

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
prince3009:

That's a big lie!! GEJ did not pay any contractor anything for the project. Funds were mobilised and paid by Buhari from the Sovereign Investment Fund and I think some Sukuk bonds before the work really took off. The work has barely stopped During Buhari tenure, albeit a little slow, but that's the case with projects in Nigeria due our terrible logistics systems.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2022
AntonVince:
It's election season and the "2nd Niger Bridge" again comes to the fore.
The satanic Janjaweedal party is all-out again to hoodwink gullible Nigerians with lies.

For how long will this project remain in an "ongoing" status?

Why don't you give Buhari the accolades for starting and completing this all important Bridge!
So because the Govt has failed you,so nothing good again.But you are wrong! That is not the way to tell history and that is why we are reluctant to go along your reasoning!

Baba Buhari,we thank you for this 2nd Niger Bridge,please do more for the people to remember you.

1 Like

Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by wiseoneking: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
This is a rolled road project and the SE is paying for it not the federal government
Re: Update On Second Niger Bridge (Pictures) by Cognitivereason: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
Newton2024:
Another set of presidential aspirants will use this bridge to campaign in 2027. But rail lines were constructed to Niger Republic without waste of time. I pity my igbo brothers. The marginalization is out of this world.
now u have seen the bridge done by buhari in the south east.. show us the imaginary rail line to Niger republic..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TBS BRT Bus Terminus Lagos: Is This The Best Bus Station In Nigeria? / Man Flaunts Cash Before Buying New Car,Crashes It In A Building A Day After.PICS / Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.