Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

2023 Elections, Evaluating The Personality And Performance Of 3 Major Contenders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections, Evaluating The Personality And Performance Of 3 Major Contenders (111 Views)

Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Peter Obi Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023 Elections, Evaluating The Personality And Performance Of 3 Major Contenders by ramonchang(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
Disclaimer: This is just my own way of evaluating the 3 major contenders. If you decide to carry it on your head because if doesn't favour your candidate, nah you know oo.

Each person will be ranked low(0), medium(1) or high(3) based on my own judgement on each criteria. Let me also say that there is no defined way to measure these performances but there is certainly a relative way to do it. You can't say for example, that Peter Obi is more corrupt compared to Tinubu and Atiku, given what is in the public domain.

Let's get started.

Credibility
This is a no brainer, both atiku and tinubu will definitely score lower than peter obi, the only serious allegation hanging on his head is the pandora papers...

so,
Atiku 0, tinubu: 0, Obi: 1

Easy too, age is not on the side of both Atiku and Tinubu
Atiku 0, Tinubu: 0, Obi: 2

Performance and Originality of Performance
Why add Originality of performance? To me, a project is a good as the motive behind creation and execution of project. If you are going to create project so you can steal then...

These 3 candidates have been in government before this time. And to me that is a good thing, we can easily judge them. In this regard, we can say all of them are performers, all of them will have something to say if you ask them . But two of the figures here are perpetual yam eaters.
One of them supervised the privatisation of power sector and report has it that... At least we know what has happened to the sector he helped the federal government privatise. We can't take away from the fact that he did stabilise the economy when he was in government though... I don't think we need to get started with undoings of the other person when it comes to doing something for state and going to the back to cash out grin. Given the fact that we are still a developing nation though, I don't think it should take away from the fact that he did perform when he was in office.

If you have an idea of how peter obi has been dubious with projects in Anambra kindly put it in comment section. By the way, we know pandora and at worst it is tax evasion, nothing to do with state project. And this has been covered when we talked about credibility.
Atiku 0, Tinubu: 0, Obi: 1

Education
I think all of them are sufficiently educated to run this country. Forget about the missing certificates. These people have higher degrees and to me it is non issue to be talking about primary school certificates in governance when the contenders have demonstrated high competence (not nepa bill competence please) in other spheres of life.
Atiku: 2, tinubu: 2, Obi: 2

Transparency angry
Pandora go still hang over Obi's neck here. But we all know the slang "go and verify"...non of the other candidates have the temerity to say that..
Atiku: 0, tinubu: 0, Obi: 1

leadership quality and Ability to push through tough times
There is no gainsaying, Tinubu tops this for me, the man took on the federal powers twice and won: during Obj tenure and recently during the APC primaries. The man is a winner regardless of the sides he falls on. Obi was impeached twice, I know he came back but then...
The only thing thorn in Atiku's side is OBJ. The man continues to damage him at will. And he seem not to have solution to the problem.
Atiku: 0, Tinubu: 2, Obi: 0

Atiku 2
tinubu : 4
Obi : 7

So Obi, based on the numbers wins.

PS: this is not targeted at you if you already made up your mind on who to vote for, but if you are on the fence and you are looking for conviction, here is one..

Peace and jah bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Muslim Ticket. / United Nations Officials Rescue 21 Nigerians In Niger Republic Desert / Zamfara Emir Honours Repentant Bandit With Chieftaincy Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.