Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal (28274 Views)

Shettima Best For Tinubu – Arewa Youths Attack Ex-SGF Lawal, Others / Saraki Reacts As Tinubu's Ex-CSO Is Deployed To Kwara As Police Commissioner / Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His Son Is Dead - Makeitglobal.biz (2) (3) (4)

God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by dre11(m): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and chieftain of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Dr Babachir Lawal has declared that God of justice and equity, through the Nigerian voters, will decide the victor between Christians and Bola Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim ticket for APC in the 2023 presidential election.

The elder statesman insisted that Tinubu has proved to be daring and uncaring for the Nigerian Christians in the general election and thereafter.

The former SGF made the declaration on Saturday in a fresh press statement in reaction to the final submission of a Muslim politician by Tinubu as his running mate in the 2023 presidential poll.

The statement obtained by DAILY POST reads in part, “I did say it: those the gods want to destroy they first make mad.

“Tinubu has thrown down the gauntlet. He has submitted Alhaji Kashim Shetima as his nominee. He has stood by his affirmation that he only requires Moslem votes to be President and for all he cares, Christians can all go to hell with their votes.

“This is his position and he has a right to it. I concede to him.

“We have picked up this gauntlet. The God of justice and equity through the Nigerian voters will decide the victor between the Nigerian Christians, Alhaji Tinubu and his party, the APC.

“This is our country and we will not let Alhaji Ahmed Bola Tinubu relegate us, our children and our religion to second class status in our own country.

“For us, this is an existential crises. Our rights to justice and peaceful co-existense with all practitioners of other religions is under threat.

“A northern Nigerian Christian child deserves to be bequeathed a future in which he can aspire to be President or Vice President of Nigeria.

“The Bible supports our position and the Nigerian Constitution supports and even guarantees it.

“Come on Alhaji Tinubu! Come on APC!

“Again, ‘to your tents o Israel.’ The Bible records a time like this in history:

“1 Chronicles 12: 32: ‘From the tribe of Issachar, there were 200 leaders of the tribe with their relatives. All these men understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take,”.

Lawal, who is one of the closest allies of the APC presidential candidate and former Lagos State governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has consistently warned the APC and Tinubu against any attempt to adopt Muslim-Muslim ticket for the coming election.

To demonstrate his vehement opposition, he wrote four personal letters to Tinubu counselling him on the consequences of going for Muslim-Muslim ticket at the expense of the Nigerian Christians in the Northern region.

However, the counseling fell on deaf ears following the final submission of Kashim Shetima, a Muslim and former governor of Borno State by Tinubu to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, as his running mate in the next year’s presidential election.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/16/god-will-judge-between-nigerian-christians-tinubu-ex-sgf-lawal/

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Princessogaraya(f): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
God will exposed them

221 Likes 14 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by bamilale: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2022
Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2022
'' OBIDIENT'' ALL THE WAY.

205 Likes 16 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by seunmsg(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
It’s obvious that Babachir is broke and need some money and attention. Tinubu should throw him some cash for rehabilitation. Dude is so broke and broken. Getting the VP slot was his only path to redemption and now he has lost that too. I pray he gets well quick enough.

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by kennymike84: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
seunmsg:
It’s obvious that Babachir is broke and need some money and attention. Tinubu should throw him some cash for rehabilitation. Dude is so broke and broken. Getting the VP slot was his only path to redemption and now he has lost that too. I pray he gets well quick enough.
Don't mind him jare ,Jagaban disappointed him like Buhari disappointed Sowore in 2015.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Built2last: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2022
Look at this map below and tell me why APC will win in this election

Tinubu has insulted all sensible Christians

Tinubu, Kwankwaso and Atiku will share votes

Let's see how it goes.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by salbis(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2022
People can say whatever they want to say about Babachir. But the truth is Lawal is neither a weakling nor a praise singer like many Christian leaders that feed on crumbs and decided to be mute. Let your position be known on matters that concern your faith be you Christian or Muslim. Enough of this hypocrisy. Be wise! ''He who controls the political machinery of a nation determine the destiny of the people''.

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by kenedyx: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2022
This wailing about VP slot is really annoying and embarrassing.

Presidency is what SE wants and presidency we must get. Not a redundant VP position.

Tinubu will not even win this election because a Muslim has already done 8 years, so who cares about his choice of VP

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by NwaMamaIwota(f): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2022
thunder scatter Tinubu and his urchins

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by GeneralPula: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2022
He ended up saying nothing..

171 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by free2ryhme: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2022

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by God1000(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2022
Tinubu is a poor strategist

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by SIMONEKPA7: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2022
This is our country and we will not let Alhaji Ahmed Bola Tinubu relegate us, our children and our religion to second class status in our own country.
101. Do not take us for granted.
Even Buhari knew the implication of such wicked and evil combination. This is the beginning of Tinubu down fall. Osun state election is a case study

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by kenzysmith: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2022
How Asiwaju wan take win even in his home state them dey beef am .

Osun people really suffer sha from
Aregebeshola to oyetola

Adeleke is the right man there though na theif sha but baba go performed

Have a feeling Davido and his father want to help d people of osun but they need the platform of government to do it.

Osun people brace up your sufferings is over

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Britishpea: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Lol people will think lawal is actually fighting for Nigerian Christians in the real sense of it.
His words are like that of a pained housewife with no job whose husband is about getting married to a second wife.
Babachir or mamachir lawal was eyeing the VP slot. And he was disappointed. In this wolf crying about Christian-Christian ticket, people are just looking for relevance and protecting their interests. And think they will be able to do things freely just like Oritsejeafor did during GEJS.

Lawal should heal his wound with iodine. His backing is that of a wounded dog. You are working for Atiku your kinsman. We know this.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by LaSenior: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by kenzysmith: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2022
God1000:
G
No respect for ur creator again? No respect

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by IamNat: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2022
This 1 sef dey talk?
Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Built2last: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
2023 will be a very important calendar year in the history of this corntree.

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by sekem: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Enough of all these Christian Moslem nonsense talks.

Christian or Moslem candidate, I don't care.

All I care for is good governance.

That's why I have decided to be obidient.

Sai Peter Obi.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Oddfinder: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by dahnimoh(m): 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
K
Tinubu's advisers can be likened to Ahitophel, Absalom's adviser,in the Bible.

There's Divine intervention in what is happening in Nigeria politics

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by Arelyn: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Naturally, I don't like to make statements that can be misconstrued as support or alliance with any Nigerian politician because I don't trust any of them but where there is a lack of logic, emotions presides and I have not seen any decision made solely based on emotions succeed in anything, though it may be my anecdote experience...

Having said that, I wonder why there seem to be prominent places for Muslims and Christians both in our constitution and societal acceptance but no one identifies with those that practise traditional religions, they are either silenced or referred to as pagans that are destined for hell by the proponents of these two foreign religion.

Truth be told, the APC Muslim-Muslim ticket is nothing but a political move but people have other political parties to vote for should they feel the APC ticket belittles their ideology but I will like us to ask ourselves a critical question, which is "This religion I practise, how as it benefited me economically?"

"You cannot control the behaviour of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it"...Roy T. Bennett

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by VladimirPutiin(m): 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal by OnionBandit(f): 8:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Is this grass cutter okay at all?

You wey be Christian, we all saw how you used your Christianity to change the life of the average Nigerian when you were in power.

If you guys are not okay with Muslim/Muslim ticket, why not vote for other candidates and let this matter die already.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / vr / Kano Speaker Resigns Over Emir Sanusi’s Removal Saga -