Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics (22718 Views)

Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) / Who Else Eats Amala With Other Soup Apart From Ewedu And Gbegiri / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
I have never eaten amala in my life
Would love to taste it someday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Read this link to see that mods here cover evil and promote immorality, ethnicity and bigotry. Tell me why such thread has not been taken to the front page despite all the mentions?

https://www.nairaland.com/6746136/food-concepts-chicken-republic-wants#105682360
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by FBIBOT(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
delpee:

Probably not well seived. It should be very smooth truly.
Perhaps
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by dododawa1: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Amala first others follows.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by delpee(f): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 4..
After meat is done, added the grated okra and fresh pepper to it. Stired and let it boil for a few minutes.

Pics 5
Added leaves to the boiling soup and stired for viscosity.

Prepared Amala.

Dished Amala with the okra soup.

Ignore the rocky Amala look. Didn't use my igbako to scoop it. Besides it's been long I made Amala so the igbako is no where to be found tongue.

lalasticlala you Sabi this kind food?

Well done. A tasty meal indeed.

A bit of iru, very little palm oil and smoked fish are usually included. You should sieve the flour for smoother amala.

Small snails and orisirisi meat are added to the soup by those who can afford it.

Seafood okro is another delicious soup from the riverine areas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by YourFavorite21(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Na to go kidnap you keep, for my house make u dey cook for me.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by wengerman: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
When did you add oil or you didn't add oil
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Philip4564(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
I like this soup but you didn't add locust beans and palm oil..pls what is Uziza leaf?
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by 2Ways(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
I don't like mixing swallow and soup in same plate. It disgust me.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Ulunne777(f): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Never been able to understand putting swallow and soup in the same plate.It disgusts me terribly.

Great food I guess
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by IJOBA11: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
Channah1:

Yes o!
Goes well with Amala and eba ibo ( yellow garri).
WHATS THE MEANING OF IBOangry
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2022
post=114862049:
Yeeeeeeepppppaaaaa!!!
See better, correct, delicious food.
Channah1,
Kuku kee us........

Hahahahaha... Mana I beg I no fit laugh grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Aforxzy:
I love amala especially the white one. This okra makes sense..

Thanks darl.

I prefer the brown one. White seems like fufu to me.
Philip4564:
I like this soup but you didn't add locust beans and palm oil..pls what is Uziza leaf?

I added oil but it didn't show. Don't know why.

Uziza leaves is hot leaves that give nice and local flavor to soups.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
metalgear11:
Silky yam flour dough with a side of okra sauce garnished with tender beef sirloin cubes, finely grinded crayfish, succulently roasted cow skin and delicately shredded Piper guineense leaves in a mild scotch bonnet and bell peppers reduction.

Oya, that is 2500 added to the cost.

Lol... 100%✓
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
delpee:

Well done. A tasty meal indeed.

A bit of iru, very little palm oil and smoked fish are usually included. You should sieve the flour for smoother amala.

Small snails and orisirisi meat are added to the soup by those who can afford it.

Seafood okro is another delicious soup from the riverine areas.

yeah you're right about all that orisirisi stuff but I wanted it this way. Just the meaty flavor without the fishy taste altering or coming in the way.

Thanks Ma'am.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Philip4564(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Channah1:

Thanks darl.

I prefer the brown one. White seems like fufu to me.

I added oil but it didn't show. Don't know why.

Uziza leaves is hot leaves that give nice and local flavor to soups.
is that the Yoruba name or how do I tell market woman I want to buy it...I'm in Akure
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
wengerman:
When did you add oil or you didn't add oil

Did that off camera.

YourFavorite21:
Na to go kidnap you keep, for my house make u dey cook for me.
tongue
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Dintahdialah(m): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
Do you live in lagos ?
If yes these is my number
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
Philip4564:
is that the Yoruba name or how do I tell market woman I want to buy it...I'm in Akure

Yes they will understand uziza. It's a common vegetable.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by ideaz: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Correct meal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Okobola146: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
Op your amala and soup no fine for face jo, dem look like sacrifice for sango

1 Like

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by swissgoldenpro2: 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by swissgoldenpro2: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
This is really nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
Channah1:

Lol... The name carry weight no be small. cheesy Though it was the plastic one I had. Not the local Yoruba type

Yeah the igbako would have made a huge difference in the appearance but I can't remember where I dumped it. So I just used spoon to do the job. grin

You must be from Ibadan
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Tajbol4splend:

You must be from Ibadan

Nope. I'm a Lagosian.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by seunak2016: 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Channah1:

Yes o!
Goes well with Amala and eba ibo ( yellow garri).
that your amala suppose to be smooth than that but it's OK if your bf don't know how to cook but someone like me will do amala better than that so I go complain till you perfect like me. that's another disadvantages of having good cook as a bf or husband.

ps: not sure nl can allow me upload some pics for you
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Channah1(f): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
seunak2016:
that your amala suppose to be smooth than that but it's OK if your bf don't know how to cook but someone like me will do amala better than that so I go complain till you perfect like me. that's another disadvantages of having good cook as a bf or husband.

ps: not sure nl can allow me upload some pics for you

Sure they will. Please do, I'm waiting.
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by AngelicBeing: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
cool
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by CedarHoldings: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Amala alamala da pa da
Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by andycoal40(m): 2:34am On Jul 19, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 1ingredients
Meat 700 naira
Pomo 300 naira
Okra 200 ( didn't use all
Uziza leaves 50 naira
Ground Crayfish 100 naira
Black and fresh peppers 100 naira.
Amala one derica 300 naira

Pics 2
Steaming meat with little water, seasoning cubes and onions.

Pics 3.. added more water, pomo, ground pepper and crayfish to steamed meat and allowed it to cook properly.

Pics 4..
After meat is done, added the grated okra and fresh pepper to it. Stired and let it boil for a few minutes.

Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 19, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News:chocola Royal Is Sealed By Nafdac / A Male Romancelander Bakes For The First Time In His Life! (PICS) / How To Make Unripe Plantain Porridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.