Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,378 members, 7,861,045 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Tonye Cole : The Man Who The Cap Fits ~ Mene Zaa 1 Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Cole : The Man Who The Cap Fits ~ Mene Zaa 1 Of Africa (148 Views)

Tonye Cole Picks Victor Giadom As Running Mate / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers / Tonye Cole Meets Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tonye Cole : The Man Who The Cap Fits ~ Mene Zaa 1 Of Africa by Optimistic2021(m): 5:55am On Jul 18, 2022
*Tonye Cole: The Man Who The Cap Fits ~ High Chief Ledum Adonis Deekae JP, Mene Zaa 1 Of Africa*.

As the 2023 Rivers guber elections draw near, the question on the lips of the people now is: Who will be the next governor of the state that will have links and influence at the federal level to bring about the required development, reverse the effects of bad leadership that has plagued Rivers for over eight years and also foster the spirit of unity among the different ethnic groups in the state?

One candidate who has to stand out from the APC political oven, untainted, and whom most Rivers I have interacted with are placing their bets on is Pst. Arc. Tonye Cole Patrick Mni.

Some might be tempted to ask, will ethnicity not play a role in the Rivers 2023? Yes, it will. However, I do not believe that ethnicity would play a critical role in the choice of leadership for the state come the 2023 elections. My assertion is based on the general feedback received from the electorate via opinion polls conducted recently. The people of Rivers state want someone young and smart, a detribalized, Riverside, who is independent and conversant with the plight of the people and can drive the developmental agenda of the state.

I dare say that from the lineup, Tonye Cole has shown the aforementioned traits over time judging from his works and achievements thus far. His track record of performance has endeared him to many in the grassroots even outside of the state, as community leaders from within and outside of his home state have honored him with different titles in appreciation of his good work.

These are testaments to the conclusion that ethnicity will not be a roadblock for Tonye Cole.

The result from the Rivers APC Governorship primaries was a rude shock not because of the capacity and character of the winner but the level of confidence exuded by Tonye Cole as a Governorship candidate and events surrounding the primaries which are common knowledge to all.

The major reason for this timely caution is for everything to be done with utmost foresight and vision right from the very beginning. Everything possible should be done to avoid promoting the wrong candidate that could end up destroying the chances of the ruling party coming to the 2023 governorship race. The Bible talks of special articles that are separated and dedicated for noble use. First impressions cannot be made twice. The right candidate (Tonye Cole) must be fortified, embellished, endorsed, and supported ab initio. While there can be no doubt that one, there is a near astronomic or celestial need to choose the very best and most prospect-full Pst. Arc. Tonye Cole Patrick Mni, as presently expressed as interest by Rivernite and I believe the reason is obvious. There are candidates and there are candidates, but there are candidates with which to win and candidates that will lead to losing. This is the reality and not a wishful fact.

There is a time for everything, and by intentional extension, for everyone. Quite mesmerizingly, there are some notable appurtenances about the man, Pst. Arc. Tonye Cole marks him out to be preferred for this August role at this present time in our state.

Tonye Cole is a prolific son of Kalabari land who practices politics without bitterness. He is most unassuming but highly reassuring, industrious, highly articulate, highly personable, increasingly humble, and a team player.

As we cross our fingers to watch Rivers State’s political future unfold, one thing is certain. Now that Cole has emerged as the candidate of the opposition party, it will no doubt inspire, motivate and ginger the youths to vote for APC at the federal level and State as it shows a strong statement that Pst. Arc. Tonye Cole Patrick Mni has plans for the youths. The stakes are high and we cannot afford to get it wrong. The task of electing a leader with a vision, as well as the ability to translate such a vision into reality, is a task for all Rivers; at home and abroad.

Besides, he is admirable, very charitable, and knowledgeable in politics and governance, above all, a God-fearing Man.

As I drop my pen on this article, I leave you with a powerful quote from Harry S. Truman. “Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better”.

• High Chief Ledum Adonis Deekae JP, Mene Zaa 1 of Africa, is the TeamColekhana LGA Coordinator.

(1) (Reply)

As Akan Okon Commences Legal Gymnastics Against Pastor Umo Eno’s Ticket / Breaking News!!! Fulani Islamization Plans Fully Revealed!!! / One Voter's Registration Machine For Registration At A Local Government In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.