Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence (7068 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / SSS Absolves Iherijirka Of BH Sponsorship Without Investigations / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2011
AS he warned against the breach of Nigeria’s unity, the Sultan of Sokoto and President of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has asked other Nigerians to stop antagonising the Muslim community.

To the opponents of Islamic banking, Sultan said the bickering on the matter was unnecessary because, “we are on our way and non-interest banking has come to stay.”

After reviewing recent developments in the country, Abubakar said the Boko Haram sect was not responsible for the cases of bombings and violence in some states in the North, adding that the controversial Islamic banking is a fait accompli.

At a pre-Ramadan meeting in Kaduna yesterday, Abubakar, who doubles as President of NSCIA and the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), said the forum would discuss issues affecting the Muslim Ummah (community) in particular and most especially the unity of the faithful in the country.

Sultan said: “Islam is a religion of peace,” but regretted that non-Muslims do not want peace to reign in the country.

The monarch said Boko Haram should not be held responsible for the spate of bomb blasts in Maiduguri and other parts of the country; a belief nursed by some Nigerians.

He described as “non-negotiable” any issues concerning Muslims and urged them to remain united because “we all know the importance of unity in Islam as clearly spelt out in the Holy Quran and we know the importance of unity in anything we do because if we are not united those who are opposing you will have an opportunity to hit you harder than ever.”

Meanwhile,  Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Ethics and Values, Dr. Sarah Jubril, yesterday disclosed that government had indirectly entered into discussions with Boko Haram members to ensure lasting peace in the country.

Also, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has urged the Federal Government to change its strategy of resolving the crisis.

Speaking at her maiden interaction with the media in Abuja, Jubril said she had also been having one-on-one discussions with the group’s members on ways of making them put an end to the killings in some parts of the country.

Jubril noted that she took up the challenges in order to ensure that Nigerians were united and embrace ethical values to further promote the country globally, adding that no country could develop under insecurity.

Boko Haram members, according to her, should be engaged positively, advising monarchs to play an active role in ensuring that peace reigns in Nigeria.

She said that in her discussions with the group, she was made to understand that their decisions were taken based on the fact that they were fed up with western government and education, which they claimed, had not brought any positive change to the society.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56050:sultan-opposes-troops-in-borno-absolves-boko-haram-of-violence&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2011
If the sultan can say Islam is a religion of peace and Boko aram is not respnsible for the bombings in Maiduguri and some other parts of the north, then I can now fully understand the meaning of "peace" in Islam- when there are no bombings, there is war; when there are bombings, there is peace and it is more peaceful when there are rocket launchers. Indeed, Islam religion means "peace". sad
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by jmaine: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2011
Sultan said: “Islam is a religion of peace,” but regretted that non-Muslims do not want peace to reign in the country.

The monarch said Boko Haram should not be held responsible for the spate of bomb blasts in Maiduguri and other parts of the country; a belief nursed by some Nigerians.

Was he pressurized to say this due to fear of the Boko Haram elements undecided . . . . The Sultan should speak up if he has names of the real perpetrators . . . maybe the perpetrators have his support

Jubril noted that she took up the challenges in order to ensure that Nigerians were united and embrace ethical values to further promote the country globally, adding that no country could develop under insecurity.

Boko Haram members, according to her, should be engaged positively, advising monarchs to play an active role in ensuring that peace reigns in Nigeria.

She said that in her discussions with the group, she was made to understand that their decisions were taken based on the fact that they were fed up with western government and education, which they claimed, had not brought any positive change to the society

They did rather prefer me writing on slates in arabic angry . . . and their vague idea is even supported by their elites . . .Shame really
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by WilWily: 10:10am On Jul 29, 2011
There is nothing like Moderate Moslem,
Every Moslem is a OSAMA, (Terrorist)
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Arosa(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2011
If boko haram is not responsible for the bombings in the north then who is?
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2011
Arosa:

If boko haram is not responsible for the bombings in the north then who is?
That is the question the sultan must provide answer to. If Nigeria has strong institutions, with such statement by the sultan he would have been a visitor to the SSS
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by NegroNtns(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2011
The leadership we get is the leadership we deserve.

I doubt that they will try this nonsense with a more resolved President. Gej has yielded on the Boko issue and so BokoHaram has gained legitimacy and voice to put pressure on the country and the President is empowering that with his passive reaction.

Boko is right one thing when they said this:fed up with western government and education, which they claimed, had not brought any positive change to the society.

Western education work in other societies but in Nigeria its a failure. To make it a success, Nigeria need to be broken up so the individual region can support or ban western eduction in the way it sees fit.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Bishopking: 10:32am On Jul 29, 2011
The report might better be written as:

"Obviously, the Sultan had conducted conclusive investigation into the spate of bombings across the Northern states and came to a conclusion that Boko Haram, being a true representative of Islamic religion and one which is duly recognized by him (the Sultan), is not responsible. He also concluded, based on this investigation, that his religion is peaceful. Therefore, if you are looking for the bombers, seek them among the other (often antagonizing) religion which is made up of ignorant noise makers that wanted to block the God-given rights of Muslims (as in case of islamic banking) in the country. He called for further unity among the believers in their effort in the ongoing war on the infidel".
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by omenala(m): 10:33am On Jul 29, 2011
@ Arosa, i wonder o, imagine a whole sultan reasoning like this, after some will say we should remain in the same country with this cows.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by gflexzy: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2011
point of correction sir, christians are lover of peace. Meanwhile, boko haram claimed that they are responsible for the bombings in d country, Look at the world today,the islamist are the ones threatening the peace of the world. And if they are fed up wid western government and education,do they want us to adopt the hausa kind of government? Make dem go look bush abeg.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2011
This Sultan is a disgrace to the Nigerian Army. What a shame of a human being.

Even Sultan Macciddoo would not have said this kind of crap and yet he was only a graduate of economics.
Here you have a Sultan who doubles as an Army General and who should know the importance of rejecting any violent groups rather openly embracing them.

There is no hope for Nigeria.

I knew this is where we were headed when Jonathan chose to hold a tea party with MEND instead of strongly investigating the Abuja bombers.

We have no hope as a country. Nigeria is finished . . . . . .The American prediction of the destruction of Nigeria is surely coming to past!!!!!!!
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by sunboy(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2011
Can we for once think logically? I do not believe Boko Haram are responsible for bombing either, or some people maybe the WEST or Politicians are deliberately sponsoring that shit using the Boko Haram name.
It is like the MEND and MASSOBs fighting for betterment of its people and yet BOMBING everywhere in the Niger Delta, killing the same people they are fighting for? is that right

Boko Haram are fighting for whatever, fine, Why would they bomb and kill within their territory and not LAGOS, ABUJA, PH ? Why same north.

I am a Muslim and a Yoruba guy, born and grew up in Lasgidi. I know alot Islam and Xtainity, and i do not see any of them being disastrous. Islam has never support voilence but it seem the WEST are out to burst the religion out of existence.

Reference to the Norway bombing and shooting spray. If that suspect is a Muslim im sure he'd have been called a terrorist or probably linked to Al-Qaeda but being an Anti-Islam they said he is Insane sad see?

Regards Boko Haram: I suspect the WEST doing this to come into Nigeria to help us soon, Same strategy used in Libya sad

AFRICA WISE UP! RELIGION IS NEVER A BARRIER!
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by okadaman2: 11:15am On Jul 29, 2011
Where are all the GEJ propagandists? Where are the "GEJ will checkmate the north" liars?

During that STOOOPID [b]s[/b]election in April, we told them that the best way to checkmate this extremists and their LOOTER friends is to elect a radical, but hey refused to listen

Una think sey una fit fight Ideology with Cash? LWKMD

We told them GEJ cannot fight an ideological battle with just money and zero conviction, they shouted us down

We told them that it does not necessarily take a southerner to fix Nigeria, you only need a radical but they refused

We told them GEJ is too dull and too weak to resist the excesses of these oppressors, they blocked their ears

Una dey hear am so? That is the Sultan of Sowkowtow o!! The Originally Authenthic Ayatollah of Nigeria. Even Katsina Alu, your Supreme Chief Justice of Nigeria thinks an election should be overturned to protect him(even if he was lying).

The real Ayatollah has spoken, so what are you all going to do? absolutely nothing! Why? because you elected a weak DOOOFUS

Are these the people you elected GEJ to fight? He thinks Boko Harams are angels, he thinks Christians are nuisances disturbing Musliama peace, una dey hear am so?

GEJ is fresh air, GEJ is a warrior, GEJ na Ijaw Champion, GEJ don knell down for Redeemed camp, GEJ na our time to rule, GEJ na christian, GEJ reh reh reh, where is the GEJ now to talk back at the Sultan of Sowkowtow? He chop winch? grin

As much as I distrust any politician even Buhari would have given this Turban wearing DOOFUS the Abacha treatment, Abacha made Sultan Dasuki into a meatpie when he misyarned and misbehaved, GEJ can never do that FACT!

Shey una don get una Southern President now, MUUUMU ruling DOOFUSES

BTW, Thunder fire that yeye Turban wearing IDIOOOT, he dey fear BOKO-HARAM too, but he no wan confess. .
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2011
sunboy:

Can we for once think logically? I do not believe Boko Haram are responsible for bombing either, or some people maybe the WEST or Politicians are deliberately sponsoring that poo using the Boko Haram name.
If you have been following events about Boko haram you would not come here and type this ^.
Did Boko haram not accept responsibility of the bombings in Police HQ in Abuja? Did they not accept responsibilty of the bombings of barracks in Maiduguri and other public places in and around the city? Were they not the ones that attacked the police divisional HQ in Maiduguri carting away weapons from the station? I think you are the one that should think logically angry
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by russellino: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
After reviewing recent developments in the country, Abubakar said the Boko Haram sect was not responsible for the cases of bombings and violence in some states in the North, adding that the controversial Islamic banking is a fait accompli.[/b]At a pre-Ramadan meeting in Kaduna yesterday, Abubakar, who doubles as President of NSCIA and the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), said the forum would discuss issues affecting the Muslim Ummah (community) in particular and most especially the unity of the faithful in the country.

Sultan said: “Islam is a religion of peace,” but regretted that [b]non-Muslims do not want peace to reign in the country

@bolded - 

1. He is trying to affirm that BH are not responsible, then who is, since he knows and

2. he is blaming non-muslims for the lack of peace in the land.

I think this represents a major line in the sand. May God grant GEJ wisdom
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by NegroNtns(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
Okada_man,

Na wah! I read your post, ahem excuse me. . . .I meant vent, and had to laugh.

They called Gej warrior? Biafran level or MEND level? Lol.

I feel you, by going into negotiation and offering them amnesty he has lost the war before it even began. He has shown all his hands as the say in card game.

When faced with an adversary, the proper step is to hold back and keep some mystery. He is open and predictive and I'm sure its not gonna end here. They will use every opportunity now to do things they have always wanted but didn't have guts to carry through and it will smartly be run through his office to give legitimacy and voice later on to say "well, President Jonathan approved it".
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by seanet02: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
I have said it over and over again that every northerner is a potential BOkO HARAMI have said it over and over again that every northerner is a potential BOkO HARAM
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by KnowAll(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2011
I[size=18pt] think the sultan of Sokoto should keep to Islamic affairs and stop putting his mouth on political or economic affairs. At the last count, if I may recollect the Sultan of Sokoto is still below the Governor of Sokoto State and gets paid a stipend by the State Governor.

How Sokoto state got co-joined with Borno State I don’t know, is the Sultan saying he knows more than the Governor of Borno State who happens to be the Chief Security officer of the state or better still the Emir of Maiduguri.

Don’t the Sultan know that by removing the military from Maiduguri, the Boko Haramites who are presently restricted to the NE would run amok all over the country, bombing anywhere that catches their fancy, is that what the sultan wants, I am surprise an ex Military man can be calling for such retrogressive strategy, I beg to differ. 

At least for now,  No Nigerian with a bit of common sense would venture or go near Maiduguri for any business or pleasure, does the Sultan want the whole country to become a pariah place where even Lagos, Ekiti , Bayelsa and many other middle-belt and Southern States would all become a no go area.  undecided

I think the Sultan should restrict himself to his own domain, he should realise the caliphate system died the day this nation became a republic in October 1st 1960[/size]
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Bawss1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
Maybe the Sultan is a victim of biased reporting here because I’m surprised that anyone would make statements such as these.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by kettykin: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
this was the saame attitude put up by sultan ahmadu bello that made nzeogwu to strike.

i wonder what any other southern or christian presido would have done outside what gej has done . For all the yorubas blaming gej and calling him odechukwu, what really did obj do when shariah was declared in the core northern states against the constitution.

What is happenng in maiduguri is good for nigeria. The infidels and soldiers should be withdrawn from borno including corpers and other xtian workers as the sultan wants then lets see what boko haram can do.this was the saame attitude put up by sultan ahmadu bello that made nzeogwu to strike.

i wonder what any other southern or christian presido would have done outside what gej has done . For all the yorubas blaming gej and calling him odechukwu, what really did obj do when shariah was declared in the core northern states against the constitution.

What is happenng in maiduguri is good for nigeria. The infidels and soldiers should be withdrawn from borno including corpers and other xtian workers as the sultan wants then lets see what boko haram can do.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by icez: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2011
russellino:

After reviewing recent developments in the country, Abubakar said the Boko Haram sect was not responsible for the cases of bombings and violence in some states in the North, adding that the controversial Islamic banking is a fait accompli.[/b]At a pre-Ramadan meeting in Kaduna yesterday, Abubakar, who doubles as President of NSCIA and the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), said the forum would discuss issues affecting the Muslim Ummah (community) in particular and most especially the unity of the faithful in the country.

Sultan said: “Islam is a religion of peace,” but regretted that [b]non-Muslims do not want peace to reign in the country

@bolded -  

1. He is trying to affirm that BH are not responsible, then who is, since he knows and

2. he is blaming non-muslims for the lack of peace in the land.

I think this represents a major line in the sand. May God grant GEJ wisdom

cool cool cool
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by EzeUche(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
The Sultan is one of the most powerful people in Nigeria and he commands the loyalty of most Northerners.

Do not forget that the Hausa's loyalty to this man is very strong.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Xmind1: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
A true muslim will go any length to defend the religion of Allah, and that is what the sultan is doing.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by houvest: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
@Kettykin . Sorry. Ahmadu Bello was Sadauna not Sultan but your point is still valid. I pray  I just pray that the Sultan was misquoted. If not, here comes the emergence of regional armies. SMH.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by hillsate: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
I have said it before and will say it again. The strength of boko haram lies in them being supported by the Muslims, Islamic leaders and the sultan. Now we know why the sultan has not condemned the actions of boko haram. The Nigerian islamic leaders with the sultan inclusive have always wanted to islamise Nigeria which they know it's not possible. But boko haram is fulfilling what their secret heart desire is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by KnowAll(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=18pt]Why did the sultan not come out to spew the nonsense he is saying now when Yaradua was at the helms of affairs? Was it not during Yardua’s reign that Yusuf the Boko Haram leader was killed without any uproar from the Northerners or the Sultan himself, why is it now that we have a Southern President that he is coming out. I sense grievances and angry spill over’s from the acrimony that led to GEJ's ascendancy still being played out here. undecided

Please let us not give any un-necessary credence to the Sultan’s unduly elevated position it seems such accolades only make their head swell the more, we have not forgotten that Abacha dethroned a “ Sultan” and nothing happened. [/size]
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by namfav(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
jmaine:

Was he pressurized to say this due to fear of the Boko Haram elements  undecided . . . . The Sultan should speak up if he has names of the real perpetrators . . .  maybe the perpetrators have his support 

he don't owe anyone a explanation, like every nigerian he has the right to speak his mind without asked questions, he is not your leader
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by okadaman2: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
EzeUche:

The Sultan is one of the most powerful people in Nigeria and he commands the loyalty of most Northerners.

Do not forget that the Hausa's Fulani's loyalty to this man Throne is very strong.

Fixed!
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by aspabay(m): 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
Sa’ad Abubakar, sultan or whatever you are called, shame on you
For doing and saying nothing without heating up the polity, shame on you!
To all who see their fellows kill in the name of religion and yet blame it on others, shame on you.
To you who consistently refuse to condemn the bombing and yet claim that your religion is a religion of peace, shame on you.
To GEJ who was remain incapacitated, clueless and docile just like his predecessor, shame on you
To NSCIA, JNI and all such organization who are not ready to do anything to fight poverty and illiteracy, but are ready to shed their last drop of blood to defend a matter of policy, shame on you
To Aboki Sanusi Lamido, just like Sani Yerima, you know this country is volatile, good intentions can easily be misinterpreted, yet you choose to create confusion, hatred and violence, shame on you. All blood that has been shed all will be shed will be on your neck. Posterity will catch up with you.
And to you, Lugard shame on you posthumously, you forced this marriage.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Ericology(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
When i hear people like him talk, i keep wondering if the Yorubas are actually Muslims, Cuz its very difficult to belong to this religion of piss peace and still be reasonable like the Yorubas
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
It is grand scheme. The Sultan is obviously following on. You seen, black is black and white is white. Nigeria would certainly split, that way, the muslim North and all it's evil can have the latitude to do as they like with what is left of them.

What an intolerant and wicked man called the Sultan. He is a reflection of unrepentant and intolerant muslims.
Re: Sultan Opposes Troops In Borno, Absolves Boko Haram Of Violence by gr8man: 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
Here comes another cook of the soup of disintegration of Nigeria, the Sultan of Sokoto!
I beg shey this soup never don?
Too many cooks will quickly don the soup  cheesy cheesy cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s UK Trip ; APC Lies Bursted Again . Pictures. / Gej Cannot Win South West (personal Opinion) @barcanista / What Are The Implications Giving Biafra Independence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.