Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu (2182 Views)

Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket Caused APC’s Defeat In Lagos: Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Oba Akintunde Akinyemi Supports Igbo Presidency, Rejects Tinubu’s ‘Ambition’ / Aregbesola Action On A Decision Making Almost Caused Apc To Suffer Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by donphilopus: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2022
It's no longer news that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the Presidential candidate of APC in the forthcoming general elections. As the candidate, he would like to get about 60-70% of the votes in his region come 2023. He would need the votes of Osun people to achieve this.

In 2015 when Buhari was first elected, the APC had about 60% of the votes in Osun then but drastically reduced in 2019 even though they still won Osun (with about 10k difference). One of the factors that caused the reduction was that the good people of Osun State felt the ruling party rigged the 2018 guber. polls and decided not to vote for them during the Presidential elections.

Make no mistake, APC being the ruling party could have disrupted the election process by targeting the strongholds of the PDP thereby leading to another inconclusive elections which would later be won by the APC. But doing that would anger the people of Osun which would make them overwhelmingly vote against APC in the Presidential election next year. Since this election is adjudged to be free and fair, most of those people would come out next year to vote Tinubu who never interfered in the process of the election.

For the records, in 2015 Buhari got 383603 votes (59.69%) in Osun State while Jonathan got 249929 votes (38.89%). But in 2019, Buhari got 347,634 votes in Osun while Atiku got 337,377 votes. What could have caused the reduction? Most people felt the ruling party cheated Adeleke at the guber. polls in 2018. PDP got protest votes in the 2019 Presidential election in Osun thereby closing the margin. Wouldn't it be disastrous for APC to win Osun with 10k votes next year? To avoid that, they had to sacrifice the governorship election.

That's my humble submission. (Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44)

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by awoniyi1236(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2022
You’re just trying to console yourself, It seems you don’t knw the level of hatred people have for APC, people are going through a lots, it seems you’re under your parent roof or you’re making money directly from APC, if not normal human being won’t support failure

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Felimax(m): 8:06am On Jul 18, 2022
Your humble submission in futility!
You really don't know the PDP.

With a Muslim/Muslim ticket Tinubu will loose his own region by 60 - 40%. Nigeria is a multi religious state and the APC in the 8 years has run the country to the gallows hence the nationwide rejection of the party.

Agreed, the APC is banking seriously on the lack of exposure of North forgetting that the North is a very sophisticated and dynamic region hence their edge in Nigeria politics. With the present state of the nation now only PDP seem to be serious with the business of taking over.

You may not totally agree with this but right now the labour party is making PDP to me more popular and acceptable in the North because the Northern politicians and electorates will not understand how Peter Obi became the overall saviour overnight. Their orientation pattern is grossly different from ours in the South.

It is a total victory for PDP except God wills it otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Aptly written.

At least 30% of those who voted for Adeleke in the gubernatorial election will vote for Tinubu in the Presidential election.

Gov Oyetola should accept the results and congratulate Send Adeleke.

In life, you can't have it all all the time

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:
Aptly written.

At least 30% of those who voted for Adeleke in the gubernatorial election will vote for Tinubu in the Presidential election.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

I have never read such drivel and delusion inspired falsehood.

No one who voted Adeleke will vote for Tinubu,, this is more wailing from you guys after the oss in Osun grin

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:09am On Jul 18, 2022
Felimax:

With a Muslim/Muslim ticket Tinubu will loose his own region by 60 - 40%. Nigeria is a multi religious state and the APC in the 8 years has run the country to the gallows hence the nationwide rejection of the party.

Agreed, the APC is banking seriously on the lack of exposure of North forgetting that the North is a very sophisticated and dynamic region hence their edge in Nigeria politics. With the present state of the nation now only PDP seem to be serious with the business of taking over.

You may not totally agree with this but right now the labour party is making PDP to me more popular and acceptable in the North because the Northern politicians and electorates will not understand how Peter Obi became the overall saviour overnight. Their orientation pattern is grossly different from ours in the South.

The Northerners in Apc who supported Tinubu over Osinbajo must have considered the Muslim VP.

As long as those same people are keeping to their promises, Tinubu will receive reasonable votes from North

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Didijiji: 8:09am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:
Aptly written.

mumu
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2022
donphilopus:
It's no longer news that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the Presidential candidate of APC in the forthcoming general elections. As the candidate, he would like to get about 60-70% of the votes in his region come 2023. He would need the votes of Osun people to achieve this.

In 2015 when Buhari was first elected, the APC had about 60% of the votes in Osun then but drastically reduced in 2019 even though they still won Osun (with about 10k difference). One of the factors that caused the reduction was that the good people of Osun State felt the ruling party rigged the 2018 guber. polls and decided not to vote for them during the Presidential elections.

Make no mistake, APC being the ruling party could have disrupted the election process by targeting the strongholds of the PDP thereby leading to another inconclusive elections which would later be won by the APC. But doing that would anger the people of Osun which would make them overwhelmingly vote against APC in the Presidential election next year. Since this election is adjudged to be free and fair, most of those people would come out next year to vote Tinubu who never interfered in the process of the election.

For the records, in 2015 Buhari got 383603 votes (59.69%) in Osun State while Jonathan got 249929 votes (38.89%). But in 2019, Buhari got 347,634 votes in Osun while Atiku got 337,377 votes. What could have caused the reduction? Most people felt the ruling party cheated Adeleke at the guber. polls in 2018. PDP got protest votes in the 2019 Presidential election in Osun thereby closing the margin. Wouldn't it be disastrous for APC to win Osun with 10k votes next year? To avoid that, they had to sacrifice the governorship election.

That's my humble submission. (Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44)

I totally disagree with this loss inspired rant. grin no one who voted Adeleke will ever vote APC.
You still don't understand that the party wasn't just rejected but the perosn in Oyetola.

People will vote the individual next year and as it stands Tinubu is the most hated politician across Nigeria . Even if Tinubu decamps to Labour party or PDP he will still loose grin

The loss in Osun really hit your guys hard o grin

Lamentations after lamentations now to palpitations and finally computation grin

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

No one who voted Adeleke will vote for Tinubu,, this is more wailing from you guys after the oss in Osun grin

Sentiments will take care of everything

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Didijiji: 8:11am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

The Northerners in Apc who supported Tinubu over Osinbajo must have considered the Muslim VP.

As long as those same people are keeping to their promises, Tinubu will receive reasonable votes from North
Governors and their hand-picked delegates gave the ticket to Tinubu stupidly. How many are they? Same governors made most National Assembly members loose out. They will work against the governors and your god Tinubu.

Hardship in the land will finish off APC. Muslim Muslim ticket wahala nkor?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Bizibi(m): 8:12am On Jul 18, 2022
North will shock tinubu.....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

Sentiments will take care of everything

Sentiments doesn't play a part in modern politics. It seems APC and their followers are stuck in limbo or should I say you lot are unable to read the mood in the room?

Nigerians do not trust APC or want APC anymore grin

It's evident in the skit the land and the sea. And to make matters worse your candidate doesn't have the political equity to favour and rebranding .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2022
Didijiji:
Governors and their hand-picked delegates gave the ticket to Tinubu stupidly. How many are they?

If they are not in majority, Tinubu wouldn't have won the Apc primary with a Tsunami slide

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

They only supported him due to cash they were paid and at a moment they knew it won't affect their overall security.

Unlike the presidential election proper... No northerner Muslim will support Tinubu over Atiku that is a fact .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Didijiji: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2022
Thank you INEC for BVAS

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

Sentiments doesn't play a part in modern politics. It seems APC and their followers are stuck in limbo or should I say you lot are unable to read the mood in the room?

Nigerians do not trust APC or want APC anymore grin

It's evident in the skit the land and the sea. And to make matters worse your candidate doesn't have the political equity to favour and rebranding .

Place all the top candidates beside each other, judge them by their achievements, records and legacies.

Then be sincere about who should win the presidency based on competency

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by donphilopus: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2022
Felimax:

You think an average Yoruba person cares about religion? You'll see a nuclear family with Christian children, Muslim mom and the father, a traditionalist. You can't divide them along religious line.

BTW, have you watched a video where some old men were asked who they would vote for? I don't understand Yoruba but with the way they sounded, they said they'd vote Adeleke for the governorship and Tinubu for presidency. That's how most of them would vote next year.

As for the LP man, I'm happy he's on the ballot. If not for him, Atiku would have stood a better chance. This time around, Atiku (PDP) wouldn't be getting bloc votes from the east and South South which is a win win for Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by donphilopus: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:
Aptly written.

That's just it bro. I've watched a video where the people who voted Adeleke said they would vote Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

They only supported him due to cash they were paid and at a moment they knew it won't affect their overall security.

Unlike the presidential election proper... No northerner Muslim will support Tinubu over Atiku that is a fact .

And those cash are still available, same as those people are still ready to work with Tinubu.

Some of you have little knowledge about North Politics... Is Atiku loved in his home region? Is Atiku accepted generally in North based on ideology?

The political battle in North have always be between Pdp, Buhari/CPC faction. CPC and Atiku don't share the same ideology politically reason why Atiku hurriedly left Apc. Can CPC and Atiku/Pdp work together in 2023 election considering their ideology?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

Place all the top candidates beside each other, judge them by their achievements, records and legacies.

Then be sincere about who should win the presidency based on competency

Again let me draw your attention back. Do you remember the Arise TV profiling of all the APC aspirants prior to the presidential primaries?

Each aspirant had pros and cons as presented by arise TV. Now remember Arise TV is basically a government mouth piece

On Tinubu's profile it wrote at the bottom of the cons , is seen as a vengeful politician.

Mark these words. Tinubu stands no chance due to his antecedents and his personality which in this race is a liability. Irrespective of the party he runs on he just can't beat the opponents. And let me reiterate, the Northern Muslims will never vote for Tinubu I can back this up with a huge cash bet with you live on this forum.

Forget all the propaganda. Yes some supported him during primaries only because they knew that event was of no harm to Atiku .

Come the main race you will see the votes come in from the north grin
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Racoon(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2022
Same way it is still causing the APC more loss across the nation. The unbearable hardship the APC have inflicted upon this nation and the insensitive ticket combo will work against them.
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

Again let me draw your attention back. Do you remember the Arise TV profiling of all the APC aspirants prior to the presidential primaries?

Each aspirant had pros and cons as presented by arise TV. Now remember Arise TV is basically a government mouth piece

On Tinubu's profile it wrote at the bottom of the cons , is seen as a vengeful politician.

Mark these words. Tinubu stands no chance due to his antecedents and his personality which in this race is a liability. Irrespective of the party he runs on he just can't beat the opponents. And let me reiterate, the Northern Muslims will never vote for Tinubu I can back this up with a huge cash bet with you live on this forum.

Forget all the propaganda. Yes some supported him during primaries only because they knew that event was of no harm to Atiku .

Come the main race you will see the votes come in from the north grin

I would be glad if you can expatiate on @ emboldened and also give instances

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by donphilopus: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

No one who voted Adeleke would vote Tinubu? You got jokes. If it's possible to share a video here, I would have done that now. But let me try.
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

And those cash are still available, same as those people are still ready to work with Tinubu.

Some of you have little knowledge about North Politics... Is Atiku loved in his home region? Is Atiku accepted generally in North based on ideology?

The political battle in North have always be between Pdp, Buhari/CPC faction. CPC and Atiku don't share the same ideology politically reason why Atiku hurriedly left Apc. Can CPC and Atiku/Pdp work together in 2023 election considering their ideology?
Little knowledge of the North you say? Hahahahahahaha oh my .. no you didn't just say that!!!

One thing I find amusing about you people is your total disconnect from reality and I find it amusing.

Let me reiterate, I can put my money wehre my mouth is and tell you , boldy no northern Muslim or Hausa ,kanuri or Fulani extraction will vote for Tinubu come elections. Mark these words pls hold it to my face as the firgured start coming in.

Only the bieribe, (Yoruba Muslims ) will vote for Tinubu. These are only stark facts

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2022
donphilopus:

No one who voted Adeleke would vote Tinubu? You got jokes. If it's possible to share a video here, I would have done that now. But let me try.

Hahahahahahaha you lot are true comic relief cheesy
Your desperation makes me warn and comfy indeed

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

I would be glad if you can expatiate on @ emboldened and also give instances

My dear brother of you have access to the Arise TV pre primary profiling you can see it yourself.

That goes to show you how Tinubu is perceived. I didn't write the editorial but it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

Little knowledge of the North you say? Hahahahahahaha oh my .. no you didn't just say that!!!

One thing I find amusing about you people is your total disconnect from reality and I find it amusing.

Let me reiterate, I can put my money wehre my mouth is and tell you , boldy no northern Muslim or Hausa ,kanuri or Fulani extraction will vote for Tinubu come elections. Mark these words pls hold it to my face as the firgured start coming in.

Only the bieribe, (Yoruba Muslims ) will vote for Tinubu. These are only stark facts

Like someone said above, this must be a joke.

Aswear you did not reason it logically at all. Not even few, NO at all.

Add comedy to your new profession
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

My dear brother of you have access to the Arise TV pre primary profiling you can see it yourself.

That goes to show you how Tinubu is perceived. I didn't write the editorial but it is what it is.

How is it logical for you to be arguing about something you don't believe in.

They said that, do you believe that? If yes give instances
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

Like someone said above, this must be a joke.

Aswear you did not reason it logically at all. Not even few, NO at all.

Add comedy to your new profession

Please I would prefer you refrain from insults. I expected you to speak in the same manner I did. If you revert to insults I will end the conversation.

I don't speak without reasoning and facts. Let me repeat. No Northern Muslim of Hausa ,kanuri or Fulani origin will vote Tinubu over Atiku in the coming elections next year.

Only the bieribe (Yoruba muslim) will vote for him here.

Take it or leave it.
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by Realtalk20: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

How is it logical for you to be arguing about something you don't believe in.

They said that, do you believe that? If yes give instances

Did you understand my comment at all? Please sir read it again. undecided
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by femisplash: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2022
donphilopus:

You think an average Yoruba person cares about religion? You'll see a nuclear family with Christian children, Muslim mom and the father, a traditionalist. You can't divide them along religious line.

BTW, have you watched a video where some old men were asked who they would vote for? I don't understand Yoruba but with the way they sounded, they said they'd vote Adeleke for the governorship and Tinubu for presidency. That's how most of them would vote next year.

As for the LP man, I'm happy he's on the ballot. If not for him, Atiku would have stood a better chance. This time around, Atiku (PDP) wouldn't be getting bloc votes from the east and South South which is a win win for Tinubu.
True talk. The vote was for the legacy of the Adeleke's family which they had wanted since 2018. Even at that, it was as little as 28,000 votes difference. Aregbesola's faction also worked for PDP as a protest vote.
Osun electorates will be voting enmass for Tinubu in 2023 but outsiders who know next to nothing are speculating out of sheer ignorance.
Re: Tinubu's Ambition Caused APC's Loss In Osun And How It's A Win Win For Tinubu by helinues: 8:29am On Jul 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

Please I would prefer you refrain from insults. I expected you to speak in the same manner I did. If you revert to insults I will end the conversation.

I don't speak without reasoning and facts. Let me repeat. No Northern Muslim of Hausa ,kanuri or Fulani origin will vote Tinubu over Atiku in the coming elections next year.

Only the bieribe (Yoruba muslim) will vote for him here.

Take it or leave it.

Could you point out to the insults in my comments?

I was only telling you how your assertions sound like.

Including Shettima the VP , he won't vote for himself same as his supporters?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could A Christian/Christian Ticket Ever Win The Presidency? / BREAKING: No More Sit-at-home In Enugu, Peter Mbah Declares / Benin City Among The World's Most Beautiful Cities In The 15th Century!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.