Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke (27287 Views)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Osun Election: Oyetola, Aregbesola Fought Each Other After Robbing Me - Adeleke / Osun Election: Aregbesola Posts Cryptic Message On Facebook, Deletes It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by kahal29: 3:23am On Jul 19, 2022
Ademola Adeleke, governor-elect of Osun state, says some associates of Rauf Aregbesola, minister of interior, worked for him during the governorship election.

The governor-elect spoke in an interview aired by Channels Televison on Monday.

On Sunday, Adeleke, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was declared winner of the Osun governorship election.

Adeleke secured 403,371 votes to defeat his closest contender, Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who polled 375,027 votes.

The governor-elect had contested in 2018 and polled ahead by less than 400 votes, but the election was declared inconclusive after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said the number of cancelled votes –over 3,000 — exceeded the difference between both parties.

Oyetola eventually become governor after he won the rerun, and although Adeleke challenged the election outcome, the supreme court, in July 2019, upheld Oyetola as winner of the poll.

Adeleke’s victory has stirred varied reactions, with some political analysts saying the feud between Aregbesola, a former Osun governor, and Oyetola contributed to the defeat of the APC.

Prior to the election, Aregbesola and Oyetola fell out over the tussle for control of the Osun APC leadership.

The minister was also absent during the party’s campaign in the state, and did not vote in the election.

Speaking on the claim that Aregbesola supported the PDP, Adeleke said he did not work with the minister on his governorship bid.

“I did not work with Aregbesola. I didn’t even talk to him, but all I know is his associates, for example, Kolapo Alimi, one of the lawyers that represented Oyetola at the tribunal,” he said.

“Then, anytime I saw him (Alimi) in court, because I’m a civilised person, I will go to them and greet them and say ‘how are you doing?’ It was later he apologised and said ‘he was thinking ‘why is senator Adeleke greeting me? We are trying to mess him up and he is still greeting me’.

“But he later told me that while I was greeting him, I didn’t know that I was giving them poison. They knew that I won the election and they rigged me out and I was still greeting them. I believe that Aregbesola and Oyetola fell out.

“He (Alimi) came to me and said he has watched me and that he wants to join our party and we accepted. But Aregbesola directly? No. But we know a lot of top APC that joined.

“Assuming that I had been talking to Aregbesola one way or the other, then I would say that maybe he gave them go-ahead to support me.

“These people have grown; they have their own minds to decide if they want to join me or not. They believed that I was the one to beat and they came to me. I won’t know whether Aregbesola gave them go-ahead or not, because I have not been talking to Aregbesola.”

Asked what was his reaction when Oyetola and Aregbesola fell out, the governor-elect said he thanked God for the development, while admitting that the conflict paved way for his victory.

“I said God is good. These (Aregbesola and Oyetola) are the people that colluded that time. They were together. Kolapo Alimi told me the truth that they robbed me. Even the president said it when he came over here that they won the election through remote control,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/osun-election-aregbesolas-men-worked-for-me-says-adeleke

https://www.thecable.ng/osun-guber-some-associates-of-aregbesola-worked-with-me-says-adeleke/amp

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by jeffizy(m): 3:25am On Jul 19, 2022
Overtalk don start. Comport yourself Governor elect. Haba.

203 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by sholatech(m): 3:29am On Jul 19, 2022
This should be 'FEM'!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Michella25: 3:30am On Jul 19, 2022
This victory be like say e dun dey enter this one head, angry undecided

36 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by cankerworm: 3:33am On Jul 19, 2022
I hope this trash is not coming from him. If he actually said this, that shows Osun people has entered one chance

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by OVB123: 3:38am On Jul 19, 2022
When you talk too much, you talk nonsense. Be careful of what you say in the public because you are a public figure now.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Moh247: 3:41am On Jul 19, 2022
cool

This guy is immature and badly educated... Let's see how he manages Osun scarce resources

Already he clearly lack insight on management of very little resources

He wants to immediately disengage the services of Alphabeta tax consultancy without an alternative means to generate income, when Aregbesola already tied Osun State federal allocation to nonsense loans and white elephant projects

I hope Dr Deji Adeleke quickly step in as defactor Governor and God father, if not Osun State would be the new Abia or Kogi State in reference to bad Governance

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by MetaPhysical: 3:44am On Jul 19, 2022
jeffizy:
Overtalk don start. Comport yourself Governor elect. Haba.

grin
The tongue is an enemy of man.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gondonu: 3:55am On Jul 19, 2022
Just imagine this shitty talk. Adeleke behave yourself before you self go wo lule.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 19, 2022
Osun will be the new comedy center of Nigeria!

Governor will be a bigger joke than Patience Jonathan

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by inoki247: 4:13am On Jul 19, 2022
I just pray South West no get 2 Clueless Governor at the same time 1 in Ogun and 1 in Osun...

Cos I no know why he dey talk like Portable.....

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Wisetrue99: 4:19am On Jul 19, 2022
kahal29:

Even the president said it when he came over here that they won the election through remote control,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/osun-election-aregbesolas-men-worked-for-me-says-adeleke

https://www.thecable.ng/osun-guber-some-associates-of-aregbesola-worked-with-me-says-adeleke/amp
Buhari is bent on leaving a free, fair and the purest election in this country as a legacy, let's see how it plays out.

All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:34am On Jul 19, 2022
Why are this Tinubu people angry above ?

What's wrong in what the governor elect said ?

I mean what's wrong in admitting and at the same time appreciating people that worked tirelessly to ensure your victory at the polls ?

Is it because Aregbesola men and Tinubu are not in talking terms ?

Why be mad over harmless comment hmm

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by pyyxxaro: 4:41am On Jul 19, 2022
Hope this man isn’t smoking what Portable is smoking grin

10 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Karlovich: 4:41am On Jul 19, 2022
embarassed Druggie must be in severe pains

10 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 4:43am On Jul 19, 2022
cankerworm:
I hope this trash is not coming from him. If he actually said this, that shows Osun people has entered one chance
How?

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 4:43am On Jul 19, 2022
OVB123:
When you talk too much, you talk nonsense. Be careful of what you say in the public because you are a public figure now.
What did he say that's out of place or sensitive in that interview?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 4:50am On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247:
cool

This guy is immature and badly educated... Let's see how he manages Osun scarce resources

Already he clearly lack insight on management of very little resources

He wants to immediately disengage the services of Alphabeta tax consultancy without an alternative means to generate income, when Aregbesola already tied Osun State federal allocation to nonsense loans and white elephant projects

I hope Dr Deji Adeleke quickly step in as defactor Governor and God father, if not Osun State would be the new Abia or Kogi State in reference to bad Governance

You are crying wolf where there's none.

What in that interview was said out of turn or even sensitive?
Is it news that he benefited from the fall out of Aregbesola and Oye?

You are angry about the Alpha beta side because it affects Tinubu of APC.
Were you going to retain such a structure if you were the governor elect?
How could you know he has no better plan for their replacement?
Except you are saying alpha beta render a special service that is not found elsewhere.

You guys should give the governor a break to sit down and work for Osun people.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

I mean what's wrong in admitting and at the same time appreciating people that worked tirelessly to ensure your victory at the polls ?

My brother the thing shock me Aswear!
Maybe they are disappointed the guy didn't rope Aregbesola in so they have a reason to roast him finally.

24 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Moh247: 4:59am On Jul 19, 2022
Gandollar:
You are crying wolf where there's none. What in that interview was said out of turn or even sensitive?
Is it news that he benefited from the fall out of Aregbesola and Oye?
You are angry about the Alpha beta side because it affects Tinubu of APC.
Were you going to retain such a structure if you were the governor elect?
How could you know he has no better plan for their replacement?
Except you are saying alpha beta render a special service that is not found elsewhere.

You guys should give the governor a break to sit down and work for Osun people.

A more matured man wouldn't leak facts of saboteur working for him, what if Aregbesola ends up in Buhari and APC bad books and they go after him with EFCC, thugs and federal might

The interview showed how tactless he is...

As for AlphaBeta tax consultancy.... He clearly never mentioned any better alternative.

I know how easy it is to file Personal Income tax, Pay as You Earn, and Direct Access with Alpha Beta backed Inland Revenue service from the comfort of my bedroom on my android phone using Remita platform

We also so FIRS , Buhari and Chief of Staff Abba Kyari gang up against Babatunde Fowler, AB and Remita.. we all saw how revenue dropped and FG had to borrow more

Sometimes what's holding a black man down is envy and nothing more

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 5:08am On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247 post=114871314]

A more matured man wouldn't leak facts of saboteur working for him, what if Aregbesola ends up in Buhari and APC bad books and the go after him with EFCC, thugs and federal might

As for AlphaBeta tax consultancy.... He clearly never mentioned any better alternative.

I know how easy it is to file Personal Income tax, Pay as You Earn, and Direct Access with Alpha Beta backed Inland Revenue service from the comfort of my bedroom on my android phone using Remita platform

We also so FIRS , Buhari and Chief of Staff Abba Kyari gang up against Babatunde Fowler, AB and Remita.. we all saw how revenue dropped and FG had to borrow more

Sometimes what's holding a black man down is envy and nothing more[/quote]

Leak facts? There's no leak on anything. Aggrieved APC members are decamping every day and those who remain destroy it from within. Buhari? He doesn't give a damn if APC dies.
Was it in 2018 he buhari came to campaign in Ogun where he told supporters to vote for him in the presidential and vote their conscience in governorship in order to remain neutral in Amosun and Tinubu's conflict. How much more now he's tired of being president and can't wait to go..

If Adeleke didn't mention any replacement on TV , it doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

As for the Fowler's magic wand, the jury is still out on that.

Abeg manage this post like that grin

11 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Moh247: 5:16am On Jul 19, 2022
Gandollar:

A more matured man wouldn't leak facts of saboteur working for him, what if Aregbesola ends up in Buhari and APC bad books and the go after him with EFCC, thugs and federal might

Sometimes what's holding a black man down is envy and nothing more[b]Leak facts?[/b] There's no leak on anything. Aggrieved APC members are decamping every day and those who remain destroy it from within. Buhari? He doesn't give a damn if APC dies.
Was it in 2018 he buhari came to campaign in Ogun where he told supporters to vote for him in the presidential and vote their conscience in governorship in order to remain neutral in Amosun and Tinubu's conflict. How much more now he's tired of being president and can't wait to go..

If Adeleke didn't mention any replacement on TV , it doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

As for the Fowler's magic wand, the jury is still out on that.

It's a matter of time before what his reckless statement would cause Aregbesola ... Even Aregbesola has been releasing press Statement debunking such allegations regarding his antiparty Facebook snide remarks

If Adeleke had a replacement not only would he had mentioned it he wouldn't have stated that he would simply tell workers and Pensioners this is what came in this is how we are going to share it

This is a state that gets very little FG allocation and services huge debt, totally relying on IGR

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 5:21am On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247:

It's a matter of time before what his reckless statement would cause Aregbesola ... Even Aregbesola has been releasing press Statement debunking such allegations regarding his antiparty Facebook snide remarks

If Adeleke had a replacement not only would he had mentioned it he wouldn't have stated that he would simply tell workers and Pensioners this is what came in this is how we are going to share it

This is a state that gets very little FG allocation and services huge debt, totally relying on IGR
Aregbesola seems to me the next Jagaban.

So you believe the cryptic message was without his consent? I know you don't, but will never admit it because in the era of deceit, telling the truth is considered rebellious.

During Jonathan's era, you guys praised Aregbe and his achievements to high heavens. You cannot convince me to believe otherwise now.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Moh247: 5:34am On Jul 19, 2022
Gandollar:
Aregbesola seems to me the next Jagaban.

So you believe the cryptic message was without his consent? I know you don't, but will never admit it because in the era of deceit, telling the truth is considered rebellious.

During Jonathan's era, you guys praised Aregbe and his achievements to high heavens. You cannot convince me to believe otherwise now.

Aregbesola is not the Jagaban of anywhere.. he barely provided his Ilesa axis to compliment the very strong Ede votes of Adeleke family the true Jagaban's of Osun

Aregbe would surely regret his decision to work with an immature guy that casted him ..

As for the praise Aregbesola got, his praises came from been the only Governor that completed more visible projects than Oyinlola and Osun is still paying for it

Anyways that is politics

With real figure and Logic

Osun IGR

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

Debt Portfolio
Local

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

Debt portfolio
Foreigne

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

Sentiments apart, strictly logic,. Do you think scrapping existing working Tax system is productive or counter productive at this time?!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Gandollar(f): 5:46am On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247:

Aregbesola is not the Jagaban of anywhere.. he barely provided his Ilesa axis to compliment the very strong Ede votes of Adeleke family the true Jagaban's of Osun

Aregbe would surely regret his decision to work with an immature guy that casted him ..

As for the praise Aregbesola got, his praises came from been the only Governor that completed more visible projects than Oyinlola and Osun is still paying for it

Anyways that is politics

Osun IGR

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

Debt Portfolio
Local

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

Debt portfolio
Foreigne

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

Sentiments apart, strictly logic,. Do you think scrapping existing working Tax system is productive or counter productive at this time?!
@Your last paragraph, time shall tell.
Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by WonderManly(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2022
Ok! Thanks God for that. And good for them.
But, please. Limit your talk. Don't just be like Portable. You understand what i mean now!

5 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by juman(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2022
Aregbe should jejele join pdp.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 19, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Glad you could figure the bad belles out sharply. Awon jagabandits
Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by muykem: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2022
cankerworm:
He said it during interview with Seun of Channel TV. He said he doesn't have discussion with Aregbesola but some of his men join forces with him. He said he doesn't know if Aregbesola asked them to do so or they decided on their own.

12 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by muykem: 6:07am On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247:

Anyways that is politics

Osun IGR

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

Debt Portfolio
Local

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

Debt portfolio
Foreigne

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

This means Oyetola actually did well within his 4years tenure. He reduced debts and increase IGR.

16 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Moh247: 6:09am On Jul 19, 2022
muykem:
This means Oyetola actually did well within his 4years tenure. He reduced both local and foreign debts and increase IGR.

He did fantastic

I know a pensioner that got her gratuity with held by Aregbe since and he prioritised welfare while managing the debt

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Aregbesola’s Men Worked For Me - Adeleke by Cantonese: 6:14am On Jul 19, 2022
Moh247:

Anyways that is politics

Osun IGR

2014 — ₦8.51 billion
2015 — ₦8.07 billion
2016 — ₦8.88 billion
2017 — ₦6.49 billion

2018 — ₦10.4 billion
2019 — ₦17.9 billion
2020 — ₦19.7 billion

Debt Portfolio
Local

2011 — ₦5.43bn
2012 — ₦38.6bn
2013 — ₦41.4bn
2014 — ₦37.8bn
2015 — ₦144.7bn
2016 — ₦147.1bn
2017 — ₦138.2bn

2018 — ₦148.1bn
2019 — ₦138.7bn
2020 — ₦134.1bn
2021 — ₦134.7bn
Q1 2022 — ₦133.6bn

Debt portfolio
Foreigne

2010 — $62m
2011 — $61.5m
¹2012 — $61.7m
2013 — $61.8m
2014 — $74.1m
2015 — $76.9m
2016 — $70.5m
2017 — $96.6m

2018 — $99.1m
2019 — $95.5m
2020 — $107.4m
2021 — $100m

“Working tax system”? And who says Adeleke in contesting the election on two occasions did not ave an idea of what had been happening to the account of the state. Who says he did not put a plan on how to make the state better?

If sentiments must be put apart, then Alpha Beta , must be confined to its base in Lagos, while the state is allowed to thrive or develop better with other ideas.

The beauty of democracy is the elections that allow you to remove poor performing leaders and parties every time you vote. If the people of Osun state voted to remove Oyetola, then you must simply understand that they were frustrated and needed fresh ideas to move their state forward.

Voting in favour of Adeleke and PDP simply meant that they were tired of the monumental national poverty, misery, hard labour and sorrow the entire nation had been suffering in the hands of the clueless leadership of APC since 2015.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Can’t Deliver On Our Promises – Osinbajo / Again, The Economist Says Buhari Will Lose In 2019, Predicts Victory For Atiku / Buhari Scolding His Wife Not Pdp’s Business – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.