Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Share Your Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Interview Experience (9578 Views)

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Interview Experience by Oyindamolah: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2022
This one interviewer caught me off guard—

He wasn’t interested in my experience.

Instead, he asked questions like:
“What breaks your heart?”
“What are you passionate about?”
“How would you feel in this specific scenario?”

It was only years later that I understood why:

He was trying to see if I was an empathetic human being.

Hard skills were just a matter of time.

But soft skills?

Hard to teach.

He ended up being one of my greatest mentors. Never imposed his own opinions. Always sought to bring out the best in me.

Years later, as the CEO of a 5+ employee company, I interview in the same way.

I want people who genuinely care about other humans.

The rest is easy to figure out.

Share your experience

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Threesha(f): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
Remote Internships

•Flutter Developer
•Backend Engineer
•Social Media/Community Manager
•Fronted Web Developer
•UI/UX Designer

•Minimum of a months of experience

Send me a DM

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by bunmitepresh(f): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
[quote author=Threesha post=117789062]Remote Internships

•Flutter Developer
•Backend Engineer
•Social Media/Community Manager
•Fronted Web Developer
•UI/UX Designer

•Minimum of a months of experience

Please, is customer service internship available

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Fab21: 6:56am On Oct 23, 2022
Mt experience at the supermarket didn't go well.

Maybe I should say I didn't prepare very well.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Threesha(f): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
Fab21:
Mt experience at the supermarket didn't go well.

Maybe I should say I didn't prepare very well.
Better luck next time

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Fab21: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2022
Threesha:
Better luck next time

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Hamachi(f): 11:34am On Nov 03, 2022
I once had a very terrible interview experience. I applied for a HR position in this organization and I was invited for a first interview which turned out okay. They reached out to me and scheduled a meeting with the MD of the organization and that was where it all started.

On the scheduled date, I went there as agreed and waited forever for the MD to arrive, she finally did and I expected to get called atleast after 10mins but that didn’t happen.
After about 30mins, she came down with her entourage(Members of staff running around her to get done whatever she wanted) which I figured included her P.A.
I stood up to greet and she answered in a very busy manner and told me she had a meeting that was going to last for three hours and asked me to go, she’d send for me when she was done with her meeting.
That was 3pm already and my meeting with her was scheduled for 11am.

I left feeling sad and disappointed.
I got a message for another meeting with her, scheduled for 2pm the next day.
I showed up at about 1:30pm and she didn’t. I left again.
I really wanted this job because one of their cores is Learning and Development and I was going to be exposed to training people, which was an area in HR I needed to work on.

The next day, I was having lunch at about 2:30pm when I got a call to start coming, the MD was ready to meet with me, I booked a ride and went there immediately, I waited a while and she walked in.
She had a first meeting and I was asked to go in afterwards. At last! I thought to myself.

I was before the beautiful, elegant and well spoken boss. She carried herself like a goddess and that was super cool.
She asked me to sit and said it was going to be a very quick and unusual interview.

She was so cold and I got nervous , I lost answers to every question and I wasn’t allowed to land before getting interrupted for the questions I had answers for. It was a disaster.
It wasn’t up to 10mins and she said we were done.

The worst part now!!!
I walked to the door(an electronic door, with an inscription “do not touch” on the button.) I was certainly not used to this one.
I asked politely if she could assist with the door, atleast tell me what to do… Then she goes “FIGURE IT OUT”
I did figure it out on the next trial and I left�.
The next day, I was asked to come in for an offer. I replied by pouring out my heart. I told the messenger I wasn’t interested in working in a toxic environment.

Getting your dream job is great but a toxic environment will kill your dream for the job.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Oyindamolah: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
sad
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Fab21: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2023
Hamachi:
I once had a very terrible interview experience. I applied for a HR position in this organization and I was invited for a first interview which turned out okay. They reached out to me and scheduled a meeting with the MD of the organization and that was where it all started.

On the scheduled date, I went there as agreed and waited forever for the MD to arrive, she finally did and I expected to get called atleast after 10mins but that didn’t happen.
After about 30mins, she came down with her entourage(Members of staff running around her to get done whatever she wanted) which I figured included her P.A.
I stood up to greet and she answered in a very busy manner and told me she had a meeting that was going to last for three hours and asked me to go, she’d send for me when she was done with her meeting.

I really wanted this job because one of their cores is Learning and Development and I was going to be exposed to training people, which was an area in HR I needed to work on.

The next day, I was having lunch at about 2:30pm when I got a call to start coming, the MD was ready to meet with me, I booked a ride and went there immediately, I waited a while and she walked in.
She had a first meeting and I was asked to go in afterwards. At last! I thought to myself.

I was before the beautiful, elegant and well spoken boss. She carried herself like a goddess and that was super cool.
She asked me to sit and said it was going to be a very quick and unusual interview.

She was so cold and I got nervous , I lost answers to every question and I wasn’t allowed to land before getting interrupted for the questions I had answers for. It was a disaster.

The worst part now!!!
I walked to the door(an electronic door, with an inscription “do not touch” on the button.) I was certainly not used to this one.
I asked politely if she could assist with the door, atleast tell me what to do… Then she goes “FIGURE IT OUT”
The next day, I was asked to come in for an offer. I replied by pouring out my heart. I told the messenger I wasn’t interested in working in a toxic environment.

Getting your dream job is great but a toxic environment will kill your dream for the job.

Wow!

I'm speechless...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by inoki247: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2023
Na aw many times in a year we go dey share this.,..

Na even 2022 post...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by ATEAMS: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by tunwumi: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Skillsnigeria: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by AsomStructures: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
Team entrepreneur gather here cool...
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by SleekyP(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Ungodly: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
Oyindamolah:
This one interviewer caught me off guard—

He wasn’t interested in my experience.

Instead, he asked questions like:
“What breaks your heart?”
“What are you passionate about?”
“How would you feel in this specific scenario?”

It was only years later that I understood why:

He was trying to see if I was an empathetic human being.

Hard skills were just a matter of time.

But soft skills?

Hard to teach.

He ended up being one of my greatest mentors. Never imposed his own opinions. Always sought to bring out the best in me.

Years later, as the CEO of a 5+ employee company, I interview in the same way.

I want people who genuinely care about other humans.

The rest is easy to figure out.

Share your experience

Not when you’re working in a company that give loans or hospitals, empathy will wreck you.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by ThatrealestApex: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
July 2022 thread making front page in April 2023? undecided undecided

And to think it's an Experience that if people share, you can learn one or two mistakes from their experience oo undecided undecided

But if na Reno Omockery or the other idiot, Sowore posts insulting Tinubu or Peter OBI, e don reach front page with the Speed of Light undecided

You guys need to do better on this Forum Tbh

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by falcon01: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
Wow
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by atdscentofwater: 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
smiley
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by pharmezee(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
I went for an interview. Got the highest mark, I was called for second round and with the grace of God I got the highest mark, only for the HR to say I don't have any experience for the role I applied for 😂 😂 😂

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Blupen969(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
I don tire to go interview na why i go learn barbing
now barbing no deh give me wetin i want i wan continue with the interview
Uwa afufu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by illuminutty: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hehehe
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by sonssyo: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hamachi:

The worst part now!!!

imagine the MD carrying herself as a goddess, that's how they make some staff to be engaging in diabolic act in order to get favour.
I will sure become an employer of labour this quarter but my staffs will be my friends, you will hardly know who is who

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2023
Immediately I entered the interview room, English decided to depart from me and stayed back outside.

There were just too much "eh" and "umm".🤣🤣🤣🤣

I found it waiting for me when I got out..🤣🤣🤣

39 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by wunmi590(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
:Pz
Re: Share Your Interview Experience by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2023
Be specific with your question.

There are different types of interview.

Job interview
Contract interview
Political post interview(somehow different from job interview)
Visa application interview
International passport interview etc.

Of all these interviews, I pray not to experience the first one which is job interview.
That thing is rubbish, omoh I just dey reason how I squandered the money(six figures o) I made from my NYSC program searching for jobs in Lagos.
My eyes cleared when I checked my account and realized what I have in it back then was less than #10,000.

Money wey I for use run better thing.

Thank God for life sha, I took that(all my experience relating to job search and working experience) as life lessons I needed to learn.

Looking back at those times now, I can employ all those w*yrey HRs that felt like demigods then to work in my business/investment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by Olachase(m): 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
After waiting for 4hrs them tell me say H.R no come today again, I no even follow them argue, i asked one guy to pls lend me cover raw that I want to check someone in the production room, I balance consume one carton of their product, (Emi iká) 😁 😁

From lagos to Shagamu to & fro

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by DesChyko: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
So I was on a virtual interview with this remote company. The weirdest I've ever had considering Nigerian factor in things. Aside the 'can we meet you' question where I got to describe myself, I was asked 3 questions, 1 off my CV and description and the other 2 questions were crazily unexpected.

The first question was the details of how I and my team managed to revive a defunct school in a community not so big on attending school during my service year in South-South Nigeria. Being a seasoned teacher and in love with teaching, it was a challenge I welcomed and I shared the story; the ups and downs and victory at last. For some reason, the interviewer found that interesting.

The second question was 'What is the newest thing you just learnt how to do'.. I was like what? My life played before my eyes, thousands of things I learnt, looking for the best to impress with. But they were too many; I just had to stick to the last thing I was just learning that morning; which was how hexadecimal database works. I wasn't even learning it per se, just taking a look at how it is 😂. I told them that, explaining just as a teacher would. I later got to understand that their aim was to be sure you're always open and ready to learn.

The third question was the weirdest and got me dumb for a while. 'How many churches are in Lagos'.. Like Dude, waah? I couldn't wrap my mind around any figure at that moment. After mulling for a while, I just told them 600. The next question was how did I get that? I was like I have 3 major churches around me; expanding that to my locality should be like 6; take that further to like 30 in this LGA, multiplied by 20 LGs in Lagos should give us 600. And he responded 'Okay'. Curious, I asked back at the end of the interview and was told there is no right answer. What mattered to them was how you managed to arrive at your answer.

Oh and I googled it later and saw about 10,000 churches in Lagos. Bummer 😂.. Anyways, it's been a great experience working for them; the opportunities for growth are tremendous and the only challenge you'd encounter growing here is you.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by blueghost(m): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
I have always told myself it is not a do or die affair. That has always helped me to be calm and lower my expectations. Two things will happen Yes or No.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Interview Experience by biotechshola(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Immediately I entered the interview room, English decided to depart from me and stayed back outside.

There were just too much "eh" and "umm".🤣🤣🤣🤣

I found it waiting for me when I got out..🤣🤣🤣

You got me rolling on the floor... I can relate really, i think it's due to anxiety and the eagerness to impress...

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea / Transport Services Limited Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Have You Been Able To Successfully Register For Lagos Teacher's Recruitment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.