Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians (494 Views)

President Buhari: Nigeria's Collective Future Rests On Active Participation / Umahi's Defection: Primate Ayodele Reveals Political Future Of Ebonyi Governor / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu’s Political Movement 'BAT 23' Flagged-Off By Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Eddygourdo(m): 7:37am On Jul 21, 2022
There is no point buttressing that Tinubu has already lost Christian votes in other regions. This eventuality is bordered on his lack of respect for the Christian faith as evidenced by the gaffe his team committed yesterday, as well as his insinuation that the Christian is less competent than the Muslim.

I have alot of pity for the old man, his own faith as a Yoruba Muslim was rejected by the north and his hands was forced to pick someone they have promised to back; a Muslim northerner, yet one starts to wonder why the best of the Yoruba at this time wasn't presented and backed for the presidency ; ditto to Prof Osinbanjo (despite his involvement in this current failure of a government, his candidacy would have prevented this muslim muslim quagmire, plus would have also given hope to the masses, where we get to choose between two cerebral candidates from the south). Tinubu should have remained a kingmaker, it is clear that he has tested and proven strategies to be the master kingmaker, but is truly lacking in needed strategic and tactical acumen to be the king.

Yoruba Muslims will vote for him, he ticks all the boxes for them, though they aren't as radical as their northern counterpart, but as evidenced in many parts of the south west, the yoruba Muslims see no qualms in dominating their Christian brothers ( check the lagos state civil service since Tinubu became governor in 1999, for an example of this phenomenon), the question everyone will need an answer to will be how Yoruba Christians will react to Tinubu's candidacy. He is banking on south western block votes, his campaign team has already given hints that he is ready to lose Christian Yoruba votes, by their statement that the south west is 65 percent Muslim. However we know that such an estimate is erroneous. The Christians in Yoruba land , who have dominated the pentecostal and old orthodox space nationally and globally are not 35 percent of the south west.

Every region will be watching to see the reaction, what is of most importance to the Yoruba, would it be religion ? Would it be tribe ? Or would it be competence. Take note that either of these are valid responses. Nobody will blame the Yourba Christian for choosing his tribal affiliation before his religious one. We had our tribe before we had our religion, but would that be equitable to good conscience on competence and fairness ?

Is Tinubu the best candidate the south west could have floated today ? Are his Muslim Muslim antics a representation of greater issues prevalent in the south west ? Could his disregard for Christians at the national level , be representative of what is happening locally in the south west ? Is this equitable or acceptable ? The voice of the south western Christians can only be heard and understood by the direction they will vote come 2023.

It is time for us to be Nigerians, but since religion has being brought Into this political space by the APC, it is time for people of all faith to show allegiance to their faith,to justice, to equity and most especially to the good of Nigeria.

We are all looking at the south west Christians. May the Lord be your guide.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by DispatcherLagos: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Totilopussylick(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2022
Agbado casava urchins You mean right cheesy tongue
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by vincijr(m): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2022
grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by GardenOfGod(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2022
Some Christians are so feeble. Don't be surprised if a good number of Yoruba Christians still vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by SmartPolician: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2022
Tinubu's bloc votes will only come from the South West. Unfortunately, that cannot make him president. In fact, he may not even win his Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 8:04am On Jul 21, 2022
During the days of MKO nobody cares about muslim or Christian because he was a unifier, this agbado and cassava leadership is giving everyone self consciousness.

Being a kingmaker demands the support of the elites but being a king demands the support of the kingmakers and the subjects.

Never be in a hurry to be a king its more than what u think.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by backnbeta(f): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2022
Yoruba Christians are not weak or stupid- everyone will vote after careful considerations!

Some Yoruba Christians will vote for Tinubu because he is a Yoruba man
Some Yoruba Christians will vote for Peter Obi because he is a Christian and a whiff of fresh air (Our fear is that Obi will likely be denied his mandate even if he wins...)

Atiku will definitely step in Bubu's shoes 100% if he is mistakingly elected -Fulani herders are already saying Atiku is also their father; another Sai baba loading and it'll be bloodier and more dangerous because they'll be bolder! He is definitely the worst choice for Southerners for now.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Truthisunique2: 8:13am On Jul 21, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Some Christians are so feeble. Don't be surprised if a good number of Yoruba Christians still vote for him.
Yoruba Christian's are largely responsible for the 50/50 votes you see in SW

They are liberal and think differently, so expecting that 50% to all go tinubu is a lie

10% might go tinubu not majority
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2022
GardenOfGod:

They may vote for him not because they're feeble but because they are more mentally advanced than those that are still primitive and judge everything by ethnicity and religion. I'm a Yoruba Christian. I won't vote Tinubu not because he's a Muslim, but because he's too old for that position. That's how I expect intelligent people to reason. In Yorubaland most people don't even remember what religion their governors subscribe to. And this hysteria (bordering on madness) from IPOB cum Obidients that's trying to force a nonexistent religious divide in the SW will in the long run push Yoruba people
to vote Tinubu (though originally not planning to vote for him)
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2022
Christian votes? our son will always be ours

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by GardenOfGod(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2022
That's to you... But still, some are
HedwigesMaduro:

They may vote for him not because they're feeble but because they are more mentally advanced than those that are still primitive and judge everything by ethnicity and religion. I'm a Yoruba Christian. I won't vote Tinubu not because he's a Muslim, but because he's too old for that position. That's how I expect intelligent people to reason. In Yorubaland most people don't even remember what religion their governors subscribe to. And this hysteria (bordering on madness) from IPOB cum Obidients that's trying to force a nonexistent religious divide in the SW will in the long run push Yoruba people
to vote Tinubu (though originally not planning to vote for him)
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Superwave16320: 8:40am On Jul 21, 2022
Foolish cursed oloriburuku Igbo creating thread by the microseconds, so it's time to show allegiance to faith n not to tribe anymore. Which is more important the tribe or the faith. Many of you igbos are simply mad I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Amunethseranu(f): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2022
Tinubu's Cleverness is not wisdom but foolishness, his wickedness is never toughness but dumbness to decision making
~Sisterfire

His stupid Mistake 1
Tinubu an Atheist drug lord in 1987 desperately chose Islam as his weapon of politics ( just like corrupt nigerian politicians must choose a Religion to deceive d masses to gain ground ) .
Choosing Islam is the greatest mistake in his life, he the bat is presently rejected by Air,water and land animals for his stupidity ( sophisticated politics ) IMAGINE IF HE CHOSE CHRISTIANITY AS AVENUE TO DEAL WITH FOOLISH MASSES HE WOULD BY NOW CHOOSE A BOKO HARAM COMMANDER AND NO ONE WILL COMPLAIN,because WE ALL KNEW THAT NORTHERN GOVERNORS ARE TERRORISTS

His stupid Mistake 2
Buhari contested twice and wise nigerians rejected him and tinubu the clever one chose to sponsor him with Lagos treasury , tribalism , Religious sentiments and lies knowing fully well he is an abomination to nature cum earth.
Tinubu thinks he is wise , in his brain" when the calamity buhari enters people who rejected him( SS/SE) will complain about him bitterly then I and my followers(urchins) shall interprete it to him as satanic hatred against him buhari PBUH , great north and Allah ,I am jagaban I am the greatest and lastly he will do his terms and will support mine " little did the fool( sophiscated bufoon ) tinubu knew that the calamity nature of buhari( his joker card ) will be his greatest setback on his mandate
...Nkata ekpugidego onye aghunyo, His cunny cards has fallen on him, he has been rejected by his masterstrokes ,THE TRAP HE SET FOR SS/SE HAS CAUGHT UP WITH HIM, THE BAT IS REJECTED BY ALL JUST LIKE THE PROVERBIAL BAT THAT BELONGS TO NOWHERE .
Re: Tinubu's Political Future Rests In The Hands Of Yoruba Christians by Amunethseranu(f): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2022
Superwave16320:
Foolish cursed oloriburuku Igbo creating thread by the microseconds, so it's time to show allegiance to faith n not to tribe anymore. Which is more important the tribe or the faith. Many of you igbos are simply mad I swear.
...cry cry baby I want to see ur mummy shame! grin grin
Isn't yet uhuru ,wait for when jandor will kick that boy boy sanwo olu out

(1) (Reply)

Brother To Bride Speaks On How Ebubeagu Killed And Destroyed There House. / CAN : A Terrorist Organization? / "Rise Up And Demand For Change." - Peter Obi Urges Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.