Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,403 members, 7,853,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike (1046 Views)

Why I Think Atiku May Win This Election. / Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) / Which State(s) Do You Think Atiku Or Buhari Won't Make A 25%? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
When Atiku said “I didn’t reject Wike, I picked who can deliver. Wike is brilliant and tenacious . Going by history, I had picked an Igbo as running mate in 2007, in 2019. I still picked an Igbo for 2023.“ he simply means that, in terms of delivering votes, Wike is better, but to occupy the office of VP, Okowa is more suitable and he is an Igbo man while Wike is not. Atiku wants the Igbos to tag along,

Check Atiku's assertion below:
"...I made clear that my running mate would have the potential to succeed me at a moment’s notice, that is, a president-in-waiting."

“In other words, the person must have the qualities to be President. The person must have an appreciation of the deep rot which our country has been put into by the rudderless All Progressives Congress government; understands the great suffering that most of our people are going through and the urgency of relieving them of that suffering; understands the critical importance of economic growth and development to provide our young people with jobs, hope, and a pathway to wealth.”

He simply means he found those qualities more in Okowa than WIke. And, if it happened as he said
“The committee that presented the three nominees was chaired by the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom. They recommended three people, so I picked one. People should be fair to me and state the facts.”
then I don't blame him. Why would you present 3 people to me to choose one, and then when I do as you say it raises dust? Please free Atiku, Wike should goan work for his party, he had sworn not to leave PDP, if he will maintain that, then he will be one of those politicians that have some sort of political integrity like Obj and GEJ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
And Okowa is the guy? Of course what does Atiku know? He's been living in Dubai all the while. Did he even check out the situation in Delta state? Okowa's achievement in 7-going on 8 years? I think not, else he wouldn't have made the statements.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by buckeyemedia: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
topcatking:
And Okowa is the guy? Of course what does Atiku know? He's been living in Dubai all the while. Did he even check out the situation in Delta state? Okowa's achievement in 7-going on 8 years? I think not, else he wouldn't have made the statements.

Your arguments holds no sway one bit whatsoever, what was Jonathan’s achievements in Bayelsa State, when Yaradua & Obasanjo supposedly picked him other than they both knew he was clueless?, what was Namadi Sambo’s achievements in Kaduna State when Jonathan purportedly picked him from obscurity?

Who one chooses as his running mate is only a balance, not the weight itself.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
buckeyemedia:
[/b]Your arguments[b] holds no sway one bit whatsoever, what was Jonathan’s achievements in Bayelsa State, when Yaradua & Obasanjo supposedly picked him other than they both knew he was clueless?, what was Namadi Sambo’s achievements in Kaduna State when Jonathan purportedly picked him from obscurity?

Who one chooses as his running mate is only a balance, not the weight itself.

Now that you've misconstrued my comment even as you seemingly validated incompetence with your last paragraph....
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
topcatking:

Well, just his decision. He might have other reasons not spoken.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by KanwuliaExtra: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
No, he wasn’t misunderstood.
He was DISHONEST in dealing with Wike!

Period!

Wike has never hidden his ambition from Atiku. Apparently, Atiku prefers chameleons to peacocks! grin

I hope OBI wins.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by gidgiddy: 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku's reason for choosing Ifeanyi Okowa over Wike is strategic. Atiku knows his chances of winning in the South West are slim owing to the Tinubu factor. So he needs the South/South and South East votes badly

Ifeanyi Okowa is both an Igbo man and a South/South man. Wike has since denied being Igbo and cant help Atiku in the South East

Ifeanyi Okowa has consistently maintained that he is an Igbo man and can reach the South East, who will see him as a brother, as well as the South/South

There was nobody else Atiku could have chosen except Ifeanyi Okowa

3 Likes

Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by DrAkpamudehe: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Period!

Wike has never hidden his ambition from Atiku. Apparently, Atiku prefers chameleons to peacocks! grin

I hope OBI wins.

Pls keep quiet
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2022
Lionize:

Well, just his decision. He might have other reasons not spoken.

True.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Period!

I hope OBI wins.

Ambition to be the president or the VP?
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
gidgiddy:
Atiku's reason for choosing Ifeanyi Okowa over Wike is strategic. Atiku knows his chances of winning in the South West are slim owing to the Tinubu factor. So he needs the South/South and South East votes badly

Ifeanyi Okowa is both an Igbo man and a South/South man. Wike has since denied being Igbo and cant help Atiku in the South East

Ifeanyi Okowa has consistently maintained that he is an Igbo man and can reach the South East, who will see him as a brother, as well as the South/South

There was nobody else Atiku could have chosen except Ifeanyi Okowa
Good analysis
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by KanwuliaExtra: 12:48am On Jul 24, 2022
Lionize:

Ambition to be the president or the VP?

Wike never wanted to be second to any one.
He made it clear to Atiku.

The only reason PDP is still in the race is because of Tambuwal.

For peace sake, Wike was offered the VP slot to smooth things over between Atiku and Wike. Wike would have accepted just to keep PDP a political family.

Atiku knows he can’t work with Wike because Wike wanted the presidency to shift to the South. Besides, Wike will NEVER allow the north to marginalize the south.

Wike and PDP made a compromise and let go of the zoning agenda, as long as he was not going to step down for Atiku.

Wike is tired of being sidelined by Atiku and his camp.

Atiku should have chosen his VP without making a fool of the committee set up to choose the VP.

He should have been up front from the beginning.

I like what Wike is doing. He has been silent and maintained peace so far. I am very eager to hear what he had to say about the political intrigues of PDP.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Wike never wanted to be second to any one.
He made it clear to Atiku.

The only reason PDP is still in the race is because of Tambuwal.

For peace sake, Wike was offered the VP slot to smooth things over between Atiku and Wike. Wike would have accepted just to keep PDP a political family.

Atiku knows he can’t work with Wike because Wike wanted the presidency to shift to the South. Besides, Wike will NEVER allow the north to marginalize the south.

Wike and PDP made a compromise and let go of the zoning agenda, as long as he was not going to step down for Atiku.

Wike is tired of being sidelined by Atiku and his camp.

Atiku should have chosen his VP without making a fool of the committee set up to choose the VP.

He should have been up front from the beginning.

I like what Wike is doing. He has been silent and maintained peace so far. I am very eager to hear what he had to say about the political intrigues of PDP.

The bolded. Going by what Atiku said, “The committee that presented the three nominees was chaired by the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom. They recommended three people, so I picked one. People should be fair to me and state the facts.”, I don't think he made a fool of anyone, so long as Okowa's name was one of the three. My thoughts

1 Like

Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by KanwuliaExtra: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2022
Lionize:

The bolded. Going by what Atiku said, “The committee that presented the three nominees was chaired by the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom. They recommended three people, so I picked one. People should be fair to me and state the facts.”, I don't think he made a fool of anyone, so long as Okowa's name was one of the three. My thoughts

Then why let the committee vote to choose WIKE? He only chose OKOWA after the committee PICKED WIKE.

Now, he wants to placate the “aggrieved” members.

WHY ARE THEY AGGRIEVED? grin
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Then why let the committee vote to choose WIKE? He only chose OKOWA after the committee PICKED WIKE.

Now, he wants to placate the “aggrieved” members.

WHY ARE THEY AGGRIEVED? grin

If they said they did not present the three to him, fine. But I think he would have also felt that the VP seat is 'too small' for Wike.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by KanwuliaExtra: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lionize:

If they said they did not present the three to him, fine. But I think he would have also felt that the VP seat is 'too small' for Wike.

Not presented to HIM, they were presented to the COMMITTEE. He gave them the choice to CHOOSE for him and the party, then took away their democratic choice and acted o his own. Very annoying.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Not presented to HIM, they were presented to the COMMITTEE. He gave them the choice to CHOOSE for him and the party, then took away their democratic choice and acted o his own. Very annoying.

Oh, now I see. Na him fault then. Just lole when someone ask me
Someone: 'wetin you wan chop?'
Me: 'give me anything wey dey.'
Someone: "No, make your choice"
Me: 'ok, give me eba made of manna gryn, with white soup made with chicken dissolved inside and chewable okooroko'
Someone: "We actually don't have that but rice and stew"

I dey vex.

The person actually wanted me to make 'rice and stew as my choice so he will provide it and claim 'mr have-it-all'.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by KanwuliaExtra: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lionize:

Oh, now I see. Na him fault then. Just lole when someone ask me
Someone: 'wetin you wan chop?'
Me: 'give me anything wey dey.'
Someone: "No, make your choice"
Me: 'ok, give me eba made of manna gryn, with white soup made with chicken dissolved inside and chewable okooroko'
Someone: "We actually don't have that but rice and stew"

I dey vex.

The person actually wanted me to make 'rice and stew as my choice so he will provide it and claim 'mr have-it-all'.

You don sabi the game. grin
Na Atiku dey find Wike face.
Nonsense.
Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by grandstar(m): 1:16am On Jul 25, 2022
topcatking:

I feel he chose Okowa simply for the financial war chest he can deliver in terms of campaign funds. This coming election will be very competitive and financially ruinous.

Wike's only qualification for office was his financing of PDP. He felt entitled and is an extremely ambitious fellow and isn't submissive.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Atiku Was Misunderstood About His Reason For Picking Okowa Over Wike by Lionize: 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
grandstar:

I feel he chose Okowa simply for the financial war chest he can deliver in terms of campaign funds. This coming election will be very competitive and financially ruinous.

Wike's only qualification for office was his financing of PDP. He felt entitled and is an extremely ambitious fellow and isn't submissive.
For the money, Rivers state is also a bank, remember Amaechi's and APC-

(1) (Reply)

We've Told Buhari Many Times That All Is Not Well With Nigeria—Sultan Of Sokoto / Wike Is Now Free Of Oyigbo Massacre / CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele Refused To Appear Before House Of Representatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.