Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,185 members, 7,860,258 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria (185 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / Gani Adams: Fulanis Not Our Problem, But Yoruba Traitors / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by ObidientFC: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
I went to cut my hair yesterday while the Atiku Abubakar interview was on and a hot debate ensued between me and an acclaimed lawyer .
I noticed we have issues with the Thought processes of those within the age of 50 and above (Majority) . They seems cut out with the youthful exuberance we are showing towards the 2023 election and will always talk down on us. Thing is I don't rate that age bracket because it was in their era that Nigeria nosedived . They have surrendered their power to the political leaders .

Well, this Man was saying Obi movement is a social media movement. He admitted that Obi is competent but they won't allow him to win.
He claimed he studied History and also a lawyer , but got angry when I asked him the school. I am a graduate of History and Diplomatic Studies from Uniport.
He went on giving me historical facts in the 60s when I asked him to connect it to the recent political happenings he was gasping for air.
Sir, please tell me how the MacPherson and Clifford Constitution you are mentioning translates to the current realities. I told him many people here don't even understand these historical facts u are dishing out . Connect it to what happened in Osun State .
Without telling me, I told him he is a follower of Nnamdi Kanu. He agreed. He is from Rivers state .

Beware, most people who are above 50s and those that Supports Nnamdi Kanu has this misconstrued mindset about Nigeria. To them, Nigeria will never work again.
Well, I took this self acclaimed lawyer to the cleaners when I started connecting his historical data in the 60s to the present realities.
For instance, he was boosting how the Queen of England and North decides who rule Nigeria.
I told him that in the past , power emanates from the barrel of the gun, but now, it emanates from the people. If the North was the king marker, while didn't Buhari get the presidency. It took alignment with the South for that to happen. Those around were happy with my assertion.
Man completely asked me to stop engaging him when he said Tinubu travel to England after the primary to see the Queen. I knew where he has heading to with that lie so I cut him abruptly
Sir, Tinubu didn't travel to England. He hasn't been to England after the primary.
He traveled to France and also told him those he met in France . Man was mad with me and angrily told me to end the conversation grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by Felimax(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Just do what you can with the Obedient drive but do believe that there are people that will not go with your juxtaposition.

For me it remains Atiku till further notice.
Re: Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
coming from Igbo supporter of Pandora the owner of one single watch and 2 pairs of black shoes since 1952 collecting advise from mad men
Re: Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by AkuOlisa: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
That may be true but most of the people below 50 years are even worse....

Those below 50 in Nigeria are more tribalistic, Envious and uncultured than those above 50.
Re: Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by ParpahSeventy: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
I read and read your post again and am still wondering the reason for the post can you clear me?
Re: Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by Youngwiz71(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
It's not just them there are even young men and women like that...

There's a young man who graduated from the same department as me last year, he was campaigning resently for Atiku on Facebook, me on a normal day I respect peoples choices and opinions but then I decided to look at his comment section section, and then I saw some people were asking him why he was campaigning for Atiku, see his response ooo;

He said he likes Obi but he doesn't want to wastes he's vote on Obi because LP does not have structure. You see this mindset I hate it a lot, is it the structure that votes or is it the people that votes?? So such will end up voting a man who he doesn't believe in all because his party has structure and he feels will be better than Tinubu....

#smh

- you see those who have PVC and will not vote but will always complain about Nigeria they are no different...

- You see those who are still willing to sell their votes they are no different...

- You see those who just have this mindset that nothing good can come out of Nigeria but they are still leaving in Nigeria they are no different....

- The one wey dey pain me pass are those who vote for a candidate not because of reason or manifesto but because they feel such a person will do well, that mindset is bad...

How can an apirant come out and say he wants to be president because it is his turn(no plan at all) and you vote for him as life don hard like this.....

How can an aspirant say his plan for security is to recruit 50m youths and he'll feed them with Corn, morning day and night, and you'll vote for him, is that a plan?? Same man that made lots of campaign promises during Buhari time that we're suffering today...

How can an aspirant call himself the Unifier yet deleted a tweet because a particular region was angry with him, how will such a person unite Nigerians??

Am not Saying Obi is a saint ooo, but with all I have seen he looks like the only aspirant among the top 5 parties that have a serious plan for this Nation...

Am not asking anyone to vote for Obi but please when you vote, vote with sense, vote for someone you believe, and vote for someone you know has a plan for Nigeria..
Re: Those Within The Age Of 50 And Above Are Our Problem For A Better Nigeria by VeryWickedMan: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
The elderly generation of Nigeria are useless. They hate their kids generation because their kids are standing up for things they couldn't.

Weak generation.

(1) (Reply)

Tackle Security Challenges In 6 Weeks Or Face Impeachment- Senators Tells Buhari / PDP Crisis Deepens As Wike’s Loyalists Furious Over Atiku Abubakar’s Interview / Promise Made, Promise Delivered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.