Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? (2325 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
I have been facing a lot of criticisms from some of my in-laws and my relatives, particularly my mother in-law who has frowned at why I will build a three bedroom flat, with separate rooms for me and my wife.

I married my wife in 2016 and we have been been living in a rented One Bedroom Flat, i.e. A bedroom and living room. We have got 3 kids and just early this year, we moved to our own house- a three bedrooms flat all ensuite. The master bedroom for me as the husband and my Wife's room and the other room for the kids, all tailored to suit our respective tastes.

But my mother-in-law, on coming to greet us recently was not comfortable with me and my wife's having different rooms, even when we have allayed whatever fears she may be nursing. According to her reasons, husband and wife living in separate rooms will not bond the love or marriage stronger compared to if we are living or sharing the same room. Apart from her, a few of my people too, including my foster mother have also raised a concern about, saying that the best for us was for both of us to share the same room so that there will be more bonding and attachment.

I really want to ask, which is better and is there anything bad about a husband and wife living apart in different rooms or it's better to share and live in one Room?
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Youngwiz71(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
You for kukuma build another house give your wife then build another house give your children then you self you stay for another house entirely , when una want do family meeting una fit connect through Zoom ehn undecided

But seriously it's not cool na, am not married but I'll advice you to listen to the advice of your parent and in laws..

Besides that staying in different rooms can send a very bad message to the minds of your children, it makes it look like you guys are separated or doesn't love it other which can adversely affect them...

My opinion tho, but you're at liberty to build your home the way you want..

10 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Youngwiz71:
You for kukuma build another house give your wife then build another house give your children then you self you stay for another house entirely , when una want do family meeting una fit connect through Zoom ehn undecided

But seriously it's not cool na, am not married but I'll advice you to listen to the advice of your parent and in laws..

Besides that staying in different rooms can send a very bad message to the minds of your children, it makes it look like you guys are separated or doesn't love it other which can adversely affect them...

My opinion tho, but you're at liberty to build your home the way you want..
The decision to live apart was agreed to by me and my wife, especially when she was nursing a baby when we were in One Bedroom. Then I was so inconvenienced whenever the baby carer was coming to take care of the baby and the roughness of the room and other stuff gave me a tough time then.
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by InsideLove(f): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
May be
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Desusi: 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wow! Man o man.Hmmmm,so the responsibility of taking care of your babies should be left for your wife and carer? You goofed.Thank God for your godly mother in law and your parents. How can you be staying separately from your wife? Where is the love and sharing? If suddenly you or her felt sick suddenly at night how would you know? There are many reasons but time would fail me. Most men that sleep separately from their spouses are occult and mostly for ulterior motives.Be careful.!

8 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by VeryWickedMan: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
OP who did you then use to build the house if your wife is still alive?

1 Share

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by EarnAp: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
knacking things dey cause wahala.....

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by wunmi590(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2022

I don't see any issue here, since both party agreed to it from the onset...

Even me I love having my own room/space for myself, but wify don't like it, so I've to move back with her in her room.

Not all women likes there men sleeping in a separate room, when they are not old couple

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by ValCon888: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Oga. It's your marriage do whatever makes you
and your wife comfortable.

Go and watch Things Fall Apart and then tell me whether "Ebube Dike" was sleeping in the same hut with his wives.

Let's stop with the pontification. This is a case of "crying wolf" when there is no sheep.

In ancient times our great grandparents and grandparents had separate rooms.

Even lived in separate huts.

And yet their marriages are still the litmus test for longevity today.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Richy4(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
What was the plan of your room and hers like?... I mean is it a connecting room or just an adjourning room?
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Stallionhorse: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
No don't share a room!! Infact don't share the sane house! Pack out to another county sef that will be most preferably.. Anofia.. May you remain unfortunate till you have sense!!
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by superCleanworks(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I have been facing a lot of criticisms from some of my in-laws and my relatives, particularly my mother in-law who has frowned at why I will build a three bedroom flat, with separate rooms for me and my wife.

did you bring this here for us to vote if you guys should share a room or remain as you are?
do we need PVC for this?

1 Like

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
ValCon888:

Go and watch Things Fall Apart and then tell me whether "Ebube Dike" was sleeping in the same hut with his wives.

Let's stop with the pontification. This is a case of "crying wolf" when there is no sheep.

Thanks
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Stallionhorse:
No don't share a room!! Infact don't share the sane house! Pack out to another county sef that will be most preferably.. Anofia.. May you remain unfortunate till you have sense!!
I think you are high on weeds

3 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:
What was the plan of your room and hers like?... I mean is it a connecting room or just an adjourning room?
Adjoining room and wife prefers it because it allows her to sleep to her comfort. Me I be sex type and she frowns at doing it everytime
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Richy4(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abujaexpress:
Adjoining room and wife prefers it because it allows her to sleep to her comfort. Be I be sex type and she frowns at doing it everytime
I can now see why your mother in-law was complaining.. connecting room would have been the best in this case...

It mustn't be sex all the time YES but that warmth, the cuddling at night before sleep claims u guys is still something...The little pillow talk while in bed and settling little misunderstanding in the bedroom would be missing..

Besides, as the kids starts growing up, anytime their mother goes to your room or u sneak into her room at an ungodly hour they will know what you came for at that hour of the night but if it's a connecting room, u both would just use the connecting door.. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:

I can now see why your mother in-law was complaining.. connecting room would have been the best in this case...

It mustn't be sex all the time YES but that warmth, the cuddling at night before sleep claims u guys is still something...The little pillow talk while in bed and settling little misunderstanding in the bedroom would be missing..

Besides, as the kids starts growing up, anytime their mother goes to your room or u sneak into her room at an ungodly hour they will know what you came for at that hour of the night but if it's a connecting room, u both would just use the connecting door.. smiley
This is superb expository. thank you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Richy4(m): 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abujaexpress:
This is superb expository. thank you
U are welcome buddy but remember, I have nothing against your decision...
If it's convenient for both of you, cool... The most important thing is that you both are happy smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Introvertedgirl(f): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abujaexpress:

I married my wife in 2016 and we have been been living in a rented One Bedroom Flat, i.e. A bedroom and living room. We have got 3 kids and just early this year, we moved to our own house- a three bedrooms flat all ensuite. The master bedroom for me as the husband and my Wife's room and the other room for the kids, all tailored to suit our respective tastes.

But my mother-in-law, on coming to greet us recently was not comfortable with me and my wife's having different rooms, even when we have allayed whatever fears she may be nursing. According to her reasons, husband and wife living in separate rooms will not bond the love or marriage stronger compared to if we are living or sharing the same room. Apart from her, a few of my people too, including my foster mother have also raised a concern about, saying that the best for us was for both of us to share the same room so that there will be more bonding and attachment.

I really want to ask, which is better and is there anything bad about a husband and wife living apart in different rooms or it's better to share and live in one Room?
After my dad built a separate room for himself, it didn't take long for him to get a new wife. They've got 3 little kids now

4 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by oluplus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Why exactly did you build a separate room for your wife?
Did you not enjoy your stay together while you were in a rented apartment?
I use the same room with my wife but I have a room I go to sometimes when I have some things to do that need concentration.
I also do not support separate rooms for couples.

1 Like

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Justkatty(f): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Walahi if I be your wife I for don lock all the extra rooms.
Where's the togetherness?
Where's the companionship?
No bed time discussions?
Hmmm
Alaye you've got a blessed mother inlaw
Think twice.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Richy4(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
oluplus:
Why exactly did you build a separate room for your wife?
Did you not enjoy your stay together while you were in a rented apartment?
I use the same room with my wife but I have a room I go to sometimes when I have some things to do that need concentration.
I also do not support separate rooms for couples.
When one partner snores, separate room is advisable for one's sanity smiley

2 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by oluplus(m): 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:

When one partner snores, separate room is advisable for one's sanity smiley
There are measures that take care of snoring.
Whatever works for you is fine.
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Amarisco(f): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2022
ValCon888:

Nope. Sorry that’s for very different reasons.

1. You are referencing polygamous homes - but wives wouldn’t all just share one bed. Each wife will know when it’s her turn to lay in her husband’s bed.

Will OP now be booking advanced appointment to sleep with his wife?

2. In ancient times our ‘grandparents’ were traditionalists. As such, there are some things that a menstruating woman cannot go near.

Is OP keeping any charm or staff in his room?? Did he do any spiritual bath?

The basic concept here is simple, separate rooms diminishes intimacy.

Ebubedike ko Oluebube ni.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Abujaexpress: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2022
grin
Introvertedgirl:

After my dad built a separate room for himself, it didn't take long for him to get a new wife. They've got 3 little kids now
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by zumbigbo(m): 11:39am On Jul 24, 2022
My brother - you design your household in whichever way it will give you peace. MIL has no rights over you house and tranquility. Enjoy. I know of many successful marriages which dey hear for Oyibo land (UK/France/Germany) which follow the same procedure. It I only in Nigeria where MIL and FIL feels so entitled.
Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by naija4life247: 11:41am On Jul 24, 2022
Only women will complain about this because of their selfishness. Your father, brothers, friends will not.

It's not bad. It's how you want it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by naija4life247: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2022
Amarisco:

Nope. Sorry that’s for very different reasons.

1. You are referencing polygamous homes - but wives wouldn’t all just share one bed. Each wife will know when it’s her turn to lay in her husband’s bed.

Will OP now be booking advanced appointment to sleep with his wife?

2. In ancient times our ‘grandparents’ were traditionalists. As such, there are some things that a menstruating woman cannot go near.

Is OP keeping any charm or staff in his room?? Did he do any spiritual bath?

The basic concept here is simple, separate rooms diminishes intimacy.

Ebubedike ko Oluebube ni.

No single woman will make Heaven because of their selfishness like the one displayed by this daughter of Eve

1 Like

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Mindlog: 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

No single woman will make Heaven because of their selfishness like the one displayed by this daughter of Eve

So you are certain you would make heaven but your mum and other female relatives wouldn't or are they not women abi making heaven is gender specific?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by MufasaLion: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
There's nothing bad in couples having their personal room and sleeping separately.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by Amarisco(f): 12:55am On Jul 25, 2022
naija4life247:

Thank you, prophet of salvation

2 Likes

Re: Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? by frozen70(f): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Abujaexpress:

There is nothing wrong in couples having different rooms, but your wife is very free to be sleeping in your room

Unless you don't want her to sleep in your room that means you have to keep shuttling her room

I think why men gives their wives a room is because of their excess baggages which can liter every corner or the room beside women rooms are always busy with one load or another

You can get the right answers from your wife and ask her her opinion and how she wants it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Awful Experience With My Friend's Son That Visited Me / An Open Letter To My Younger Brother, Henry, On Manners And Etiquette / Under Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.