Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Remorse After Leaving My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Remorse After Leaving My Job (24636 Views)

Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by lereinter(m): 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I am a teacher. I work in a school that pays 18k.

It's rough out here but nobody go dash me that 18k

Hope you are an educational grad, if not you are wasting your time

But the guy ie op can still use experience in hotel to get supervisor job in an hotel
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by faceland: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
etrange:

Hmm... but why would it a mistake to accept him back if he was really skilled at thier jobs? It's only in the 1990's that employees that quit thier jobs were considered as enemies or ungrateful. Today, it's normal for people to move and it's nothing to fight about. If you're good at your job, your employer would even tell you at the point of leaving not to hesitate to come back if you ever need to. All my past employers said that to me. I know a handful of people that returned to their former employers.

If it's a professional position and you were idle after you left the organization, your number of years at that level will start counting from wherever you were before leaving. Even if you were working somewhere else during that period, the total number of years you spent outside the organization will be reduced a bit when considering your new placement. This implies that people that started with you might end up being your senior. It's then up to you to decide if that's a deal breaker or not

From experience, the MD would regret it because he would leave again and this time, he would leave with 2+ other employees.
It is condition that brought him back, so within a month of returning, the old resentment would come back.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
Should have continued with the job, you never know what they will give you later, I know hotel managers who started as porters.

I know pump attendants who became filing station owners like Jezco.

Dont let the degrees fool you, its the practical knowledge thats important. You can learn alot as a porter, even meet some important people.

The desire to impress is killing our youths, they want ready made stuff.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by darexolu16(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
workchopNG:

I understand your plight bro... but I'm just wondering how you survive with 18k in a month. Highest I can manage 18k on my food alone is 2 weeks.

Let me tell you, if you're waiting for money or laptop to learn a skill you might wait far longer. I learned Web design 10 years ago with Nokia 3110c with partial screen damage and a notebook.

I was using Etisalat then because they give me 10Mb on every #100 recharge. So, I'll use that 10mb to visit tizag, w3school, and nairaland webmaster section. As I'm learning html, css, etc, I'll be writing it down on a notebook.

I got a laptop after nysc, then I started practicing. Today, I sub 120GB/month of which I exhaust in less than a month most times.

The time and data you spend on social media and nairaland can be channeled to a site where you'll learn a digital skill. There are many of them. Forget video tutorials, go for written content.

Remember, 90% of Americans are doing what they don't have passion for to put food on their tables and pay bills. Where I'm driving at here is, learn a skill even if you don't have passion for it. Make the money and then follow your passion.

Don't take this advice for granted.

bro if i am really financially buoyant right now i for ask for ur akant number...that statement "learn a skill even if you don't have passion for it. Make the money and then follow your passion." the tin really brought me to tears...thanks for this insightful piece

5 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Lama70(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
Don't go back. Take the offer from other places.

You could get lucky from there.

Good luck to you.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Sirchiboy: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
sageb:

your location is quite far from Odili road, Trans Amadi.
If there is any opening within your location, I will inform you.
Or
Alternatively, Can you register with these job agencies that outsource Jobs for employers?
Bros I am jobless too.
Just relocated to ph .
I stay in ada George area.
I don't mind if we share my salary together when I get employed.
HND computer science.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:
I was working in a hotel industry where was paid 20k a month as a porter in ph city and I thought I was under-paid so I sorted to leave the job hoping to get another one Asap!
Since January till now all I can see it still is still 20k job........

Do I go back to my former company?

Or do I still keep looking?

Pls I need your advice cause my degree they waste and sapa na my neighbor!

Go learn a skill my brother.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Rrchrd(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
sageb:

I just saw this:
A barman needed in Woji
call: 09028377338

Finally, you have to post:
your profession/positions held?
your experience?
your qualification?

Am an Administrator
Experience: Office Assistant, Supervisor & Porter.
Qualification:office & information management
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by bellina715(f): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
sageb:

which area in Port Harcourt do you reside?
Do you have culinary/cooking skills?
There is a hotel job vacancy for an experienced chef.
Hi,I stay around garrison and I have culinary skills please if the job offer is still open I would love to hear from you
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by BigMoneyeye: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
A degree holder earning 20k as salary . Something is not cleared . Either the poster is lying or he doesn't want to reveal his real income
are you sure you are in nigeria
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by longifilis(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=cutesier post=115016508]I was working in a hotel industry where was paid 20k a month as a porter in ph city and I thought I was under-paid so I sorted to leave the job hoping to get another one Asap!

How truest is this? A university graduate? which university did you attend? This life no balance. But wait you ought to use your logical reasoning to create a soft landing place for yourself. Breath down, even if it is a blue collar job go for it.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by BigMoneyeye: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Bros I am jobless too.
Just relocated to ph .
I stay in ada George area.
I don't mind if we share my salary together when I get employed.
HND computer science.
this is wrong . dont make promises you cant live upto

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Sirchiboy: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
15thAccount:

send your aza.
Uncle make i drop too.
Nothing is too small

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by holubee21(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
fuke:

Start a biz with the little you saved.

How do you expect him to save from that little he earns,won't he eat? Won't he transport himself Lori 20k

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by emmyluizzz: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
God I thank you for my life ...people are suffering

I'm really lucky

shout out to HRSweetness I got a nice tall glass of smoothie . It was very delicious ..thank you very much. May God replenish you hundred times

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by clockwisereport: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
VTJN:
so apt

I've been job hunting for years with no success. It's either location, gender, age or whataview. Sincerely i wish i never came into existence. The burden is too much for me to carry

stop this. E go better. Dont lose hope

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by etrange: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
faceland:

From experience, the MD would regret it because he would leave again and this time, he would leave with 2+ other employees.
It is condition that brought him back, so within a month of returning, the old resentment would come back.

Employees will always leave. It's a natural part of the labour market. Your duty is to keep your top skills as long as possible and if one decides to return after leaving for a while, it'll be in your best interest to keep him and use him as long as you can. The fact that he'll leave again shouldn't stop any smart MD from utilizing his skills while he's available because at the end of the day, most people will still leave anyway. As for other employees, if he didn't take them while leaving the first time, you think he'll be in a better position to convince them after they've seen how he failed out there? The truth is, employees stay connected with ex colleagues. So even if he doesn't come back, he could still take them from the outside by sharing his new life with them. So bringing an employee back is a way of telling those on ground that life isn't necessarily better outside the organization, and that could potentially change the mind of those planning to leave.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by negga4al(m): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:
I was working in a hotel industry where was paid 20k a month as a porter in ph city and I thought I was under-paid so I sorted to leave the job hoping to get another one Asap!

It is very difficult getting a job especially as a fresh graduate. My advice, go back to the job hopefully it is still vacant. Now this part is important, keep applying for other jobs (hope you have brushed up your CV?), save some money, get a new skill - particularly in IT (e.g. Digital Marketing, UI/UX Design, Data Science/Analytics, etc.), with this you will become highly employable or self employed - even abroad. This is not the time to waste money on unnessecary things, invest in yourself!

You can start by watching YouTube videos on the above listed course or google free certificate on them. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by joyousever(f): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
I feel for you bro and I admire your determined and steadfast spirit even in the face of the discouraging income. I'll advise you include home lessons to your regular teaching job, it will pay off in a way. Which state are you in? If you were In Lagos, schools will offer you better than that. Also, join your secondary school WhatsApp group, it will help you reconnect with your former school mates who could link you up with better jobs or something. You can learn a skill, like hair cutting, photography, video coverage, network marketing, graphic designing, affiliate marketing etc. You can even go into laundry/ dry cleaning business. It doesn't involve any capital except water, soap, bleach and your ability to wash and iron neatly. You can even go into car wash business if you can secure a strategic stand. Don't be comfortable where you are right now, stand up and key into any of these options I've stated here. Wishing you God's grace and favour.
Zanzibar1:
If better offer dey, you no go see me with chalk or marker bros undecided

There is no way i want to explain that youll understand. i left nysc since and been job hunting with no luck coupled with societal rejection.
To learn a skill or certification, i need money. Does Zanzibar1 has the money ? no he doesnt.

Apart from feeding, to raise money i need a job. Out here good paying jobs are like a unicorn. I have no one to dash me money for certification or a roof over my head.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Watinhapen(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
Pls look for another job. You must not work in a hotel. 20k as a graduate is useless. I wonder what you can do with 20k. That Chinda you’re is a good location to get something doing. I know PH is kinda limited with jobs but you can help yourself. Those guys at Chinda bus stop driving keke makes good money daily. Search for schools around that pays a bit well. Expand your reach. Don’t settle for 20k a month.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by LowKeyManny: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
A degree holder earning 20k as salary . Something is not cleared . Either the poster is lying or he doesn't want to reveal his real income

Don't be silly for clout. My first salary as a graduate with a post graduate degree in a professional field was 25k monthly for 2 years in a prestigious office until I left.

4 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by GboyegaD(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
Yet, some still clamor for the same people who's put the nation in this present predicament to be the next president. Anyways, I wish you well OP and I pray all things work together for your good.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by faceland: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
etrange:

Employees will always leave. It's a natural part of the labour market. Your duty is to keep your top skills as long as possible and if one decides to return after leaving for a while, it'll be in your best interest to keep him and use him as long as you can. The fact that he'll leave again shouldn't stop any smart MD from utilizing his skills while he's available because at the end of the day, most people will still leave anyway. As for other employees, if he didn't take them while leaving the first time, you think he'll be in a better position to convince them after they've seen how he failed out there? The truth is, employees stay connected with ex colleagues. So even if he doesn't come back, he could still take them from the outside by sharing his new life with them. So bringing an employee back is a way of telling those on ground that life isn't necessarily better outside the organization, and that could potentially change the mind of those planning to leave.

As I said before, am speaking from experience (I have seen it many times). His current portal skills can be acquired with in 1 to 2 weeks with someone with an average IQ.

If 3 staff resign in a HOTEL at once, the managers must be stressed. One bad tomato/apple can rotten a whole basket of tomatoes/apples

I am speaking for the health of the organization and not welfare of an unsatisfied former employee.

So as a serious person, you want a staff can leave anytime?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by phemmyfour: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

You don't throw away your old shoes until you ve got new ones.

You left the known for the unknown.... that's a wrong move. You can go back if the job still need you

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Macgyver1: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I am a teacher. I work in a school that pays 18k.

It's rough out here but nobody go dash me that 18k

Bro what's your location?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Gerrard59(m): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
OLULAW:

Go back to the village and farm…aim for an acre of land. Get labourers to do the bush clearing. Plant variety of food crops, cassava, maize, okra, pepper, tomatoes, vegetables, etc., wet the plants, apply some manures (poultry wastes), etc. Within a year, you’ll start harvesting and making money. You can plough some of the income into getting another acre of land for cash crops like cocoa and palm trees. These are long term investments - maximum of 6-7 years. I know of a friend who ventured into farming food and cash crops, and lately into livestock farming. He makes enough money today, living in luxury. A word is enough for the wise.

So that Fulani herdsmen will render him poor and desolate? undecided

Many Nairalanders have done the same only for Fulani herdsmen to destroy their investments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Macgyver1: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Do you have any soft skill?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by eventainment(m): 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
slimjohn2k5:

I need your mentorship please

Okay boss drop your number or something I'll chat you up
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:

E b like you dey live for Mars? cheesy To some, he is very lucky cheesy
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by elpochas: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
sageb:

which area in Port Harcourt do you reside?
Do you have culinary/cooking skills?
There is a hotel job vacancy for an experienced chef.
pls at were?my madam is a master chef.we stay at rumukurusi.Were she works her oga jst slashed their salary to peanuts nw.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Doyou2019:

Don't blame them. A lot of us forget easily that youth unemployment is over 40% in this country.

Nah people wey no know wetin dey sup for street dey queue behind APC

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Veryfoolishboy: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Macgyver1:

Do you have any soft skill?
hello please i have soft skill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

First Bank Assessment Centre (graduate Trainee Phase 2) / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Massive Fresh Graduate Recruitment In A First Generation Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.