Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,975 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Remorse After Leaving My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Remorse After Leaving My Job (24642 Views)

Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by alizma: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
A degree holder earning 20k as salary . Something is not cleared . Either the poster is lying or he doesn't want to reveal his real income
The person is not lying. I have remain in one particular employment agency's Whatsapp group for sometime now just to keep abreast with the happening in our society. You need to see what they post, you will cry for people out there without job, unfortunately majority of us graduates are insisting on paid job, no one want to start something new because of fear of small beginning and what will people say syndrome.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Hagiazomakai: 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
latolz:
At this junction of confusion you need direction so seek intervention from divination

You want to compound his problem.
Get a digital skill in data analysis,coding and see your life change

Look up to the Spirit of God

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by trevorhorace(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Yes I'm a graduate, nysc all completed

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Awise09(m): 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
A degree holder earning 20k as salary . Something is not cleared . Either the poster is lying or he doesn't want to reveal his real income
sure you are not in this Country?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Advision: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I am a teacher. I work in a school that pays 18k.

It's rough out here but nobody go dash me that 18k

bro, I will advise strongly you get something else to do. Not just because that pay is really bad but more importantly, that kind of job will not allow you the opportunity (time) and equip you with the skill to move to the next level.

You are better of as a commission-based marketer...you get to meet people and you can think big. That job will damage your vision and deprive you of time to pursue them

My mates from school that did it are barely talking 6 digits while most of us are already talikng 7 digits a month
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by GodisFirst: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

What did you study?
Why not think towards starting up your own business and be an employer instead of remaining an employee with meager salary.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Thisisanfield: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
If you are in Kano. there is a driving job in a reputable organization. pay is okay at least 60k or more. and there is room for growth. you must have a drivers licence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by etrange: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ay04z:
Accessbankplc.com/career
Make una dey apply for job o.... U might be lucky try diz
Thanks for sharing. I'm not searching for a job myself but I'm sure you've helped a lot of people with this supposedly common link.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by naijapikin2(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
there are degree holders earning even less than 20k elsewhere... Reality check

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by 15thAccount: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:

send your aza.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Why don't you go part time teaching? This is what I do and make something reasonable
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by ExplorerReturns(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
sageb:

which area in Port Harcourt do you reside?
Do you have culinary/cooking skills?
There is a hotel job vacancy for an experienced chef.

You might want to take a look at this
https://www.nairaland.com/7210827/complete-hotel-room-reservation-system
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by DeipTruth(f): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
This sounds like a joke to me.
You mean 20k a month.
How like seriously how?
Can't you find a day labour job to do.
Like seriously man this is bleeped up.

Sorry to sound like i don't care but you sound like a really lazy person. How in God's name are you a graduate for heavens sake and work with 20k salary.

This is unacceptable. Man up and take up day labour job is better than this or find an apprentice work at a mechanic it's better than this
cutesier:

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Divay22(f): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Veryfoolishboy:

True to some extent but never underestimate grace and luck.
You just might get someone to dash you that same amount 18,000 and still set you up to learn a reasonable skill
Dash his 18k monthly or just once?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by sageb: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Rumuodomaya Area, I worked as a porter in my previous job...... Cooking ability nope! But I can work as a receptionist, waiter, supervisor!
I just saw this: A bar man needed in Woji 30k contact: 09028377338
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by sageb: 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
Rrchrd:

Bro I live @ Trans Amadi please if there's any opening link me up God will bless you abundantly

I just saw this:
A barman needed in Woji
call: 09028377338

Finally, you have to post:
your profession/positions held?
your experience?
your qualification?

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by DeipTruth(f): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by maximizer61(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
I rather start begging than to receive 20k salary monthly
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by sageb: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
VawulentComrade:

Big man, I reside around odili road, any job available?
Or any joy agent contact, please share for me abeg... E no easy out here...

I am a youth like you I just saw this today: A barman needed in Woji 30k call: 09028377338
Finally you need to post: Your professional/positions held? your experience? your qualification?

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by CulturedGotahia: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
You don't have to feel bad about your choice. 20k is actually small if you calculate how much you have left at the end of the day.

You know why you made that decision so now, focus on your why let it motivate you to move forward with life.

Why are you even thinking of going back? there is nothing there for you to go back to. Move forward.

You can apply to other places with the working experience you have and the experience you now have about money. To add to what you already do, why not start a drop shipping business?

With drop shipping you don't need capital to start, or you don't need a shop space as well. You are an online retailer who has access to latest supplier's products at their wholesale prices. This is basically all you need to kick off your business and start making more money than you usually do.

Open my profile, you'll see next steps there. Thank you
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Zanzibar1: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
Advision:

bro, I will advise strongly you get something else to do. Not just because that pay is really bad but more importantly, that kind of job will not allow you the opportunity (time) and equip you with the skill to move to the next level.

You are better of as a commission-based marketer...you get to meet people and you can think big. That job will damage your vision and deprive you of time to pursue them

My mates from school that did it are barely talking 6 digits while most of us are already talikng 7 digits a month

i have spent nights thinking about it too. i have friends who we both graduate doing well with their family and even own their own houses. the pay is really merge and havent been able to do anything with it apart from surviving
The teaching is but a temporary solution for the time being.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Abujason: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:
I was working in a hotel industry where was paid 20k a month as a porter in ph city and I thought I was under-paid so I sorted to leave the job hoping to get another one Asap!
Since January till now all I can see it still is still 20k job........

Do I go back to my former company?

Or do I still keep looking?

Pls I need your advice cause my degree they waste and sapa na my neighbor!

Are you remorseful or regretful?
Clear difference between the two.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by etrange: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
faceland:
The director would be making a big mistake to accept you back but you can try your luck. Next time, don't let go of something until you have something tangible you have grabbed.

The market has told you for now, your skills level is 20k. Take your 20k job and improve your skills or do a side hustle until you undisputedly have aquire 100k+ naira worth of skills.

Hmm... but why would it a mistake to accept him back if he was really skilled at thier jobs? It's only in the 1990's that employees that quit thier jobs were considered as enemies or ungrateful. Today, it's normal for people to move and it's nothing to fight about. If you're good at your job, your employer would even tell you at the point of leaving not to hesitate to come back if you ever need to. All my past employers said that to me. I know a handful of people that returned to their former employers.

If it's a professional position and you were idle after you left the organization, your number of years at that level will start counting from wherever you were before leaving. Even if you were working somewhere else during that period, the total number of years you spent outside the organization will be reduced a bit when considering your new placement. This implies that people that started with you might end up being your senior. It's then up to you to decide if that's a deal breaker or not
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by IMASTEX: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
Are you a learner or you're just playing around. Even Buhari knows there is no job. "You can have arr gud Degree & not have arr job" his exact words.

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by hpk(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
OP find transport locate OPM headquarters, thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Zanzibar1: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
neonly:

Where someone dat stays in my house free food free data free food free clothes free medical free dstv free house
Dat person still want death
He dat has cap no get head I swear

depression is real.. try and be empathetic with the person.. life is hard on different levels and the way we cope with it varies
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Goat fighting lion.

You're fighting unemployment

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Zanzibar1: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
workchopNG:

I understand your plight bro... but I'm just wondering how you survive with 18k in a month. Highest I can manage 18k on my food alone is 2 weeks.

Let me tell you, if you're waiting for money or laptop to learn a skill you might wait far longer. I learned Web design 10 years ago with Nokia 3110c with partial screen damage and a notebook.

I was using Etisalat then because they give me 10Mb on every #100 recharge. So, I'll use that 10mb to visit tizag, w3school, and nairaland webmaster section. As I'm learning html, css, etc, I'll be writing it down on a notebook.

I got a laptop after nysc, then I started practicing. Today, I sub 120GB/month of which I exhaust in less than a month most times.

The time and data you spend on social media and nairaland can be channeled to a site where you'll learn a digital skill. There are many of them. Forget video tutorials, go for written content.

Remember, 90% of Americans are doing what they don't have passion for to put food on their tables and pay bills. Where I'm driving at here is, learn a skill even if you don't have passion for it. Make the money and then follow your passion.

Don't take this advice for granted.
i already started the journey. i understand how vital digital skills is. i downloaded alot of programming videos from youtube. But the truth is, i will still need a way to practice what i note and learn

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by fluffybaby(f): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
Onyipk:

It is not always like that. I had someone who worked in a school in the west and her sister fell from a storied building and was rushed to the hospital. The school refused to grant her permission to go stay with the sister at the hospital. Three days later, her sister died in her absence and in bitterness of heart she resigned.
Why, her sister's friend who turned out to be suspicious was the one at the hospital until her sister died.
If your job is toxic, please leave it as that job is not a God.
Let him accept another 20k job while he searches for another or while he takes an assessment of his life on his positive strengths and see what he can do for himself.

It is well.

That is a different case. In that case one might even quit a high paying job to be close to a loved one in need of care if need be. OP clearly stated that he quit because he believed he deserved better pay which is true but he should have been smarter with how he went about it
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by OLULAW: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Go back to the village and farm…aim for an acre of land. Get labourers to do the bush clearing. Plant variety of food crops, cassava, maize, okra, pepper, tomatoes, vegetables, etc., wet the plants, apply some manures (poultry wastes), etc. Within a year, you’ll start harvesting and making money. You can plough some of the income into getting another acre of land for cash crops like cocoa and palm trees. These are long term investments - maximum of 6-7 years. I know of a friend who ventured into farming food and cash crops, and lately into livestock farming. He makes enough money today, living in luxury. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Pipefitter: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
This country has failed, only a matter of time
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by aikyg(m): 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
You were underpaid. You make more than that even if you do POS or clean people's cars and houses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Massive Fresh Graduate Recruitment In A First Generation Bank / Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions / Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.