Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,854 members, 7,859,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 (1673 Views)

13 Reasons Nigeria Must Not Support Invasion Of Niger Republic - Shehu Sani / Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji / Five Reasons Nigeria Dropped On Corruption Perception Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by AnonPoet: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
…… .One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no signature project to remember his regime except that his regime took the first position among all states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—- mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening……

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election/amp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Odin13: 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
Make OBi win his state first.

Power to the people
Atiku/Okowa 2023

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by uzohrome(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Personal opinion, we the masses have accepted Obi, he is our next president

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Housing(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU remains the best man for the job. The in-coming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29, 2023 by God's grace.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Housing(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: Is There Another Peter Obi Or Is It The Same One that Governed Anambra
I have been monitoring the online campaigns going on and I am at a loss regarding the campaign of Peter Obi. Peter Obi is being portrayed as some perfect politician and I am wondering if it is the same one who was governor of Anambra state. This is because the Peter Obi who was governor of Anambra State was impeached for corruption and non-performance. He invested Anambra State money into a company his family has interest in and several unions and institutions went on strike.

Anambra doctors were on strike for 13months when Peter Obi was governor and had to call off the strike when the Anambra people were suffering too much. Peter Obi was very rigid in negotiating and refused to listen to the demands of the doctors. The strike went on for 13 months

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjGn9Sq-cD4AhXBnVwKHckzAa0QFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ZkIIWW-LSmnNQnkb3rEJJ

Even Anambra State ASUU was on strike for 6 months when Obi was Governor and he didn't even care.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/anambra-varsity-teachers-move-to-end-strike/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiD8aLJ-cD4AhW2QkEAHV7mDKIQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1XnA9wHfhpRRruPk9Frtvy

The infamous Akpuzu Sars was under Peter Obi tenure. I could go on and on.
Please, are we talking about another Peter Obi or is it the same one who couldn't manage Anambra State that we want as president. The same one that ran with Atiku and was still in PDP a month ago.
Please tell me you are trying to package someone else.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by KingKO22: 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is monumental failure that IPOB are trying to paint saint

A man who impoverished his citizens just bcs hr wants to safe money from 20% to 60% is terrible

With this statistics I'm of opinion that this man will perfrom woefully than Buhari..

Nigeria don't need a president that will impoverish the citizens what we need is a president like Tinubu

Take a loom at how Lagos state revenue increase from 2008 toll trade and see how Anambra perform woefully in terms of IRG generation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by KingKO22: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
K
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Ussycool: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
ATIKOWA

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by successmatters(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by mii4u(f): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
He is not a saint but he is the lesser evil among the trio, so we are Obidiently on Peterside.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by KingKO22: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
mii4u:
He is not a saint but he is the lesser evil among the trio, so we are Obidiently on Peterside.

Lesser evil who impoverished his citizens bcs he wants to safe for the people that would loot it ?

Check and compare the IGR trend of Lagos and Anambra state and judge by yourself who has been progressive or stagnant BTW the two States from 2008 till date

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by mii4u(f): 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
KingKO22:

Lesser evil who impoverished his citizens bcs he wants to safe for the people that would loot it ?

Check and compare the IGR trend of Lagos and Anambra state and judge by yourself who has been progressive or stagnant BTW the two States from 2008 till date
The IGR trend of Lagos and Anambra, where did the money come from respectively?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by seunmsg(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Personally, I’ve nothing against Peter Obi and his ambition. However, I’m opposed to him becoming the next president of Nigeria basically because of his woeful performance as governor of Anambra state.

As governor, his performance wasn’t different from the performance of current governors like Ortom, Yahaya Bello, Okowa and Ikpeazu. Ngige was a far better governor than him. What he couldn’t achieve as governor, he started talking about them after leaving office. I’ve no doubt in my mind that he would be an awful president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Throwback: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
KingKO22:

Peter Obi is a rock that cannot grow anything, and if anything grows, he is a fig tree that cannot bear fruit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Vulturereloaded: 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Peter Obi took over Anambra from a state of Anarchy. Met pension debt of 35 billion. He never cried about inheriting debt or crying about money.

Cleared it, did infrastructure, improved education and health, left 75 billion in cash and investments.

Peter obi tackled insecurity head on.

Soludo is not up to 6 months, he is crying about money.

Anambra is witnessing the worst security challenge under soludo.

He is not fit to walk in peter obi's shoes.

Besides whos report should we take, soludo or okonjo iweala?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Throwback: 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
mii4u:

Even states that are less commercial/industrial than Anambra with "3 Cities" as claimed by her proponents, made better IGR growth within the period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Vincenzoli: 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Housing:
I have been monitoring the online campaigns going on and I am at a loss regarding the campaign of Peter Obi. Peter Obi is being portrayed as some perfect politician and I am wondering if it is the same one who was governor of Anambra state. This is because the Peter Obi who was governor of Anambra State was impeached for corruption and non-performance. He invested Anambra State money into a company his family has interest in and several unions and institutions went on strike.

Anambra doctors were on strike for 13months when Peter Obi was governor and had to call off the strike when the Anambra people were suffering too much. Peter Obi was very rigid in negotiating and refused to listen to the demands of the doctors. The strike went on for 13 months

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjGn9Sq-cD4AhXBnVwKHckzAa0QFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ZkIIWW-LSmnNQnkb3rEJJ

Even Anambra State ASUU was on strike for 6 months when Obi was Governor and he didn't even care.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/anambra-varsity-teachers-move-to-end-strike/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiD8aLJ-cD4AhW2QkEAHV7mDKIQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1XnA9wHfhpRRruPk9Frtvy

Please, are we talking about another Peter Obi or is it the same one who couldn't manage Anambra State that we want as president. The same one that ran with Atiku and was still in PDP a month ago.

Pls find another one cos we r already fed with dese lies ok.. u knw u dnt hv anytin to say. A disguntled tribalist lik u

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by KingKO22: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
mii4u:

That's why you need to vote for Tinubu.

A progressive and visionary leader would leave no stone unturned to make sure there is progress in his state.

You can see how Lagos IGR increases overnight
That's the kind of turn around we need in Nigeria

Simply by creating viable and anabling environment for international and local business to thrive. That's what Jagaban is specialized on.
example is Lekki free trade zone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tinubu's supporters get small brains

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Housing:

Nah the Obi be this

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
KingKO22:
This is monumental failure that IPOB are trying to paint saint

A man who impoverished his citizens just bcs hr wants to safe money from 20% to 60% is terrible

With this statistics I'm of opinion that this man will perfrom woefully than Buhari..

Nigeria don't need a president that will impoverish the citizens what we need is a president like Tinubu

Take a loom at how Lagos state revenue increase from 2008 toll trade and see how Anambra perform woefully in terms of IRG generation

A goal no governor in his time could reach was his stepping stone.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
AnonPoet:
…… .One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no signature project to remember his regime except that his regime took the first position among all states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—- mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening……

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election/amp

If poverty was the order of the day during Jonathan era, what's the order of the day now under Buhari who's advicers are Tinubu boys?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by seunmsg(m): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Peter Obi took over Anambra from a state of Anarchy. Met pension debt of 35 billion. He never cried about inheriting debt or crying about money.

Cleared it, did infrastructure, improved education and health, left 75 billion in cash and investments.

Obi was a super failure that impoverished Anambra state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by Vulturereloaded: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
seunmsg:

Obi was a super failure that impoverished Anambra state.

Well, we can only tell if Obiano makes his handover note public, like obi did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OrPUA6cb3U
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by sanpipita(m): 12:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Soludo wrote out of bitterness, same thing he did to GEJ

Suddenly BMC care about poverty rates as if Buhari hasn't made Nigerians poorer

https://www.nairaland.com/554457/anambra-poverty-rate-lowest-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by techWriter3: 1:10am On Jul 24, 2022
Personal views, we the audiences have accepted politicians , he is our next president
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by dragunov: 3:48am On Jul 24, 2022
seunmsg:
Personally, I’ve nothing against Peter Obi and his ambition. However, I’m opposed to him becoming the next president of Nigeria basically because of his woeful performance as governor of Anambra state.

As governor, his performance wasn’t different from the performance of current governors like Ortom, Yahaya Bello, Okowa and Ikpeazu. Ngige was a far better governor than him. What he couldn’t achieve as governor, he started talking about them after leaving office. I’ve no doubt in my mind that he would be an awful president.

And yet, you have nothing against him. Be contradicting yourself, se oti gbọ. That's what happens when you talk too much.
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by BetterNigeria1: 3:54am On Jul 24, 2022
Soludo never said so, it amaze me how people can just read a write-up by Apc #20,000 pensioners without opening the cable website, nah obi matter go kill some idiots sha
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by BetterNigeria1: 3:57am On Jul 24, 2022
The story is made up by Apc #20,000 pensioners, open the cable website to read the main topic on it

Vulturereloaded:

Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by maybet081: 4:04am On Jul 24, 2022
Housing:

ask that question to the youths,nlc,tuc,CAN, former heads of states, afenifere, ohaneze, northern elders, etc that endorsed him and stop fighting a lost battle.
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by maybet081: 4:14am On Jul 24, 2022
KingKO22:

no problem I hope tinubu was performing the same wonder in osun,but the people choose pdp's adeleke.
Stop fooling your self.
The only thing that can change it is you going to all the churches in Nigeria to change their minds, otherwise christians and youths are voting obi.

Go and share your Muslim votes simple.3 or 2 slots because I don't trust the Kano aboki he might be working for the drug lord, which ever sharing is sharing. Share in peace.

Christians are incompetent for vice?
Their votes remain incompetent for you
Simple.
Re: Peter Obi Is One Of The Reasons Nigeria Is Impovierished - Soludo, 2015 by wiseoneking: 4:30am On Jul 24, 2022
Housing:
ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU remains the best man for the job. The in-coming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29, 2023 by God's grace.
Shartap there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? / 2023: PDP Governors Reportedly Dump Atiku, Reach Deal To Support Tinubu (see Lis / ICAN Invites Top Presidential Aspirants(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.