Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,886 members, 7,859,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls (1984 Views)

Nairaland Online Polls For 2023 Presidential Election (Pictures) / Nnamdi Kanu Hails Northern Elders’ Forum For Call On Herdsmen’s Return / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Marvhaz: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mr Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, outwitted other top contenders in an online poll conducted by the Northern Elders’ Forum to determine the acceptability of presidential contenders in 2023.

Obi scored 81.4 per cent; APC’s Asiwaju Tinubu got 8.3 per cent; NNPP’s Senator Kwankwaso, 3.3 per cent while Alhaji Abubakar of PDP got 7 per cent.

The spokesman of the Northern Elders’ Forum (NEF), Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, initiated the voting via his Twitter handle.

He had asked @baba_hakeem: “If presidential elections are held next week, who will you vote for?”

The online poll began at 11:09pm on July 19, 2022, and 49,389 votes were cast.

Meanwhile Baba-Ahmed has described Mr Obi as a detribalised Nigerian. He stated this after a meeting he hold with Obi Friday morning.

He tweeted, “I spent valuable time with Mr Peter Obi this morning. I wish those who see him as an ethnic candidate can get to know him better.

“I also wish those who try to sell him will tone down his ethnic identity. I hope the nation will see the candidates up close, we could see a revolution.”

Dr Muster Gwandu, in a reaction, urged Mr Obi to speak out against the Indigenous People of Biafra to prove his ethnic neutrality.

Gwandu tweeted in response to Baba-Ahmed’s assertion, “You may be right, Sir. However, Peter Obi’s silence on IPOB terrorism is a considerable factor.

“I have listened to one interview, where he was asked about IpOB, and he sounded somehow sympathetic. [I’m] yet to discard him though, but I’m still reading the man.”

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/07/2023-peter-obi-wins-northern-elders.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Karemarealty288(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by successmatters(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Whether online or offline, the northerners on the streets will hear this news snippets on their radios tomorrow and they will be asking to learn more about Peter Obi.

I love the publicity.

18 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
He have done noble.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Seniorwriter(m): 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
OBIDATTI 22 vs 23...let us translate all online polls success to the polling locations or units come 2023...no caps

Get your PVCs ready.

@Seniorwriter

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Abdul05: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Most of the youths in South eastern states are unemployed... grin cheesy

The rate is too alarming when compared to other regions.. grin

That is why they spend their days on phone. grin

Well,

Kudos to all the keyboard warriors... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Mhurfhy(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Our ship is sailing to the right direction

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by God1000(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good, the love is increasing by the day

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by SmartPolician: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Peter Obi supporters have already conquered the cyberspace in Nigeria, so he will conveniently win any online polls.

However, these people should stop giving Nigerians the impression that Peter Obi will win the real election because elections are not conducted online.

I want to vote for him and want him to win. Peter Obi has no structure and Labour Party needs to massively recruit people for house-to-house grassroots campaigns - that's how new parties win elections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by paramakina202: 12:29am On Jul 24, 2022
Abdul05:

Well,

And the employed youths in your region have no money to buy smart phone and those who have phones have no money to buy data grin

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Mirriamvic(f): 12:38am On Jul 24, 2022
Kwakwanso, the man who once offered PO a Golden opportunity to be his VP scoring 3.3?
This is so unbearable!
Anyway, we need free and fair election.

If you are looking for a good novel to relax your brain, click on my signature and read.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Obidient1: 12:42am On Jul 24, 2022
What else are we looking for.
Very Vibrant young Handsome Honest and well Educated men of Reputable character per Excellent.
We are all OBIDIENT and YOUSFUL.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by aribisala0(m): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2022
So who exactly voted? was it northerners or anyone?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Obidient4life2: 12:49am On Jul 24, 2022
Opposition parties like APC and PDP will say it's social media, it doesn't matter. I wonder if it's robots that take those polls.
We will shock them beyond recognition come 2023. I voted last in 2003, but this time if I hear say I no vote make I know wetin cause am!

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Obidient4life2: 12:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Abdul05:

Well,

Almajiri cum urchin I can see how gainfully employed you are!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Omoslim26: 12:52am On Jul 24, 2022
His stand on ipob as a leader in SE is already stamped.
No true Nwafor supports a self destructive group like ipob,yes identify with their grievances,but support the mode of operations? Never.
I personally lost all softness for ipob when they went about celebrating and jubilating while the ugm carried out destruction in Ala-Igbo.
No true Nwafor does that.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by SmartPolician: 1:46am On Jul 24, 2022
Obidient4life2:
Opposition parties like APC and PDP will say it's social media, it doesn't matter. I wonder if it's robots that take those polls.
We will shock them beyond recognition come 2023. I voted last in 2003, but this time if I hear say I no vote make I know wetin cause am!

If you use social media's opinion polls to make decisions, you will commit harakiri.

Some people who hit the like buttons on social media cannot even spend 2 - 4 hours in the polling booths to vote, some don't even have PVCs and some of them are not even based in Nigeria.

I am, however, happy that the Peter Obi Support Group is about to start grassroots mobilization and campaigns.

People need to to told the umpteenth time: Elections are not conducted online.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by FreeStuffsNG: 1:54am On Jul 24, 2022
SmartPolician:
Peter Obi supporters have already conquered the cyberspace in Nigeria, so he will conveniently win any online polls.

However, these people should stop giving Nigerians the impression that Peter Obi will win the real election because elections are not conducted online.

I want to vote for him and want him to win. Peter Obi has no structure and Labour Party needs to massively recruit people for house-to-house grassroots campaigns - that's how new parties win elections.

Nobody takes online votes seriously and it was naive to have wasted time on SM because now it is too late.

Osun state where a son of the soil , deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuff was on the ballot and repping his lp platform failed woefully now imagine when he Obi , who is not known at all in Osun, is now the one on the ballot. He will probably score 250 votes out of over a million votes niyen.

Asiwaju Tinubu will defeat them all wink
pls check my signature to download for free, read and share with your friends and family "1000+ Practical Business Ideas & Directory of Money Sources". Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by SmartPolician: 2:14am On Jul 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Nobody takes online votes seriously and it was naive to have wasted time on SM because now it is too late.

Osun state where a son of the soil , deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuff was on the ballot and repping his lp platform failed woefully now imagine when he Obi , who is not known at all in Osun, is now the one on the ballot. He will probably score 250 votes out of over a million votes niyen.

Asiwaju Tinubu will defeat them all wink
pls check my signature to download for free, read and share with your friends and family "1000+ Practical Business Ideas & Directory of Money Sources". Cheers.

Nobody is interested in your Osun election. Young people are increasingly showing interests in Nigeria's election by getting their PVCs because they understand that much of Nigeria's problems that affect them lie in the centre.

ASUU strike, depreciation of naira, unemployment, increasing prices of foodstuff, high cost of governance, dwindling federal revenue, high borrowing with huge debts, bribery and corruption, police brutality, etc. have nothing to do with states.

If Nigeria doesn't elect someone who can manage this mess Buhari has made of this country, the next 5 years will only get worse. And if old and sick Tinubu wins this election, his handlers will be running Nigeria. When that happens, Buhari will be a preamble. I know you don't care because of selfish gains, some of us do.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Graysons: 2:18am On Jul 24, 2022
He won online but in reality, he's going to lose in all the northern states. Anyway, vote for Atiku.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by FreeStuffsNG: 2:31am On Jul 24, 2022
SmartPolician:

Nobody is interested in your Osun election. Young people are increasingly showing interests in Nigeria's election by getting their PVCs because they understand that much of Nigeria's problems lie in the centre.

ASUU strike, depreciation of naira, unemployment, increasing prices of foodstuff, high cost of governance, dwindling federal revenue, high borrowing with huge debts, bribery and corruption, police brutality, etc. have nothing to do with states.

If Nigeria doesn't elect someone who can manage this mess Buhari has made of this country, the next 5 years will only get worse. And if old and sick Tinubu wins this election, his handlers will be running Nigeria. When that happens, Buhari will be a preamble. I know you don't care because of selfish gains, some of us do.
If I were you, I will care wink
Osun has more new registered voters than all the new voters registered in SE.
Voter registration closes this week so it is literally over to register by this time next week so Osun will consolidate more.

Secondly, Osun election votes were dominated by young Nigerians and they spoke loud and clear that they do not know Mr Lasun from their state let alone HE Obi who is not known there at all.

In Ekiti, lp scored less than 100 votes yet the election votes were dominated by young Nigerians so I do not know if by young Nigerians you refer to the audio lazy Nigerian yoot idlying away on the social media while real young Nigerians with the actual voting strength and pvcs do not even know lp and HE Obi. That is like a million Nigerian voters made up of mostly young Nigerians in Osun state alone who do not know who Obi is o and you do not care shocked .

Everyone knows most of you do not care zilch about Nigeria and have spent the past 8 years disparaging Nigeria and patriotic Nigerians.

Asiwaju Tinubu is the best and most competent. He will take Nigeria to greater heights.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by NaijaCowFarm: 2:50am On Jul 24, 2022
Let the word go round

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by toneroforever(m): 4:32am On Jul 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Voter registration closes this week so it is literally over to register by this time next week so Osun will consolidate more.

Secondly, Osun election votes were dominated by young Nigerians and they spoke loud and clear that they do not know Mr Lasun from their state let alone HE Obi who is not known there at all.

In Ekiti, lp scored less than 100 votes yet the election votes were dominated by young Nigerians so I do not know if by young Nigerians you refer to the audio lazy Nigerian yoot idlying away on the social media while real young Nigerians with the actual voting strength and pvcs do not even know lp and HE Obi. That is like a million Nigerian voters made up of mostly young Nigerians in Osun state alone who do not know who Obi is o and you do not care shocked .

Everyone knows most of you do not care zilch about Nigeria and have spent the past 8 years disparaging Nigeria and patriotic Nigerians.

Asiwaju Tinubu is the best and most competent. He will take Nigeria to greater heights.

U amaze me. So if LP fields someone who's not the preferred choice of the electorates in Osun state, how do u expect them to vote for him just because they like PO. Is PO the one to govern in Osun,no.Always choose the right man for the job, politicians no send u.Whoever the electorates believe that can do the job for them in any position should be voted for. Please follow this voting template in ur state; If the right candidate for Senate is APC , vote APC; if for governor is PDP, vote PDP then if for president is LP, please vote LP.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by princepeter566: 4:49am On Jul 24, 2022
Our mumu don do
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Obidient4life2: 6:38am On Jul 24, 2022
SmartPolician:

If you use social media's opinion polls to make decisions, you will commit harakiri.

Some people who hit the like buttons on social media cannot even spend 2 - 4 hours in the polling booths to vote, some don't even have PVCs and some of them are not even based in Nigeria.

I am, however, happy that the Peter Obi Support Group is about to start grassroots mobilization and campaigns.

People need to to told the umpteenth time: Elections are not conducted online.

If online poll worked for Buhari against Jonathan then it definitely will work for Obi against other candidates.
All these noise about structure is because the politicians are still existing on the illusion of the past. The image of ballot snatching and over voting is still encompassing their imagination.
Even the 2019 election, Buhari struggled to win Atiku through Rigging by over voting in the north. Notwithstanding the fact, that Atiku didn't even get the kind of vote Jonathan got in 2011 in the south east and South South.
Now electoral law has made it voters affair! Presidential election runs in millions of voters, no politician can give 10k each to voters because he will be left with nothing. Imagine paying 10k to 10 million voters! No politician will take that risk. So anybody thinking that Atiku and Tinubu stand a better chance to Obi needs serious mental emancipation!

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Indispensable85(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Hahahahahahahaha........I laff oooooo. May God keep all of you alive to see the results of next year presidential election.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by IgOga(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2022
What will happen if/when Obi loose the 2023 election?

Sometimes it is better to not over hype yourself......cos the fall is always greater than other low-key underdogs.....

For me Nigeria elections are usually not won based on manifesto and credibility. The following usually determine the result:

1. Politicial party

2. Tribe

3. Region - North/South

4. Religion

5. The candidate - Personalty

I expect Obi to win 60% of SE votes

I expect Atiku to win 55% of NE votes

I expect Tinubu to win 75% of SW votes

I expect Kwankwanso to win 30% of NW votes

The battles ground regions are SS, NC and NW largely

I am not sure Obi with his current structure will beat APC and PDP in their game....but then 8 months is a long time in politics

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by ThatFairGuy1: 6:59am On Jul 24, 2022
Osun has done it before, they voted Nuhu Ribadu as President in 2011 Because of Aregbesola's influence (that's the ONLY State ribadu won).

If Obi is a Force to reckon with, they would have voted Labour in Osun.

But Obi has no Political value unfortunately

toneroforever:

U amaze me. So if LP fields someone who's not the preferred choice of the electorates in Osun state, how do u expect them to vote for him just because they like PO. Is PO the one to govern in Osun,no.Always choose the right man for the job, politicians no send u.Whoever the electorates believe that can do the job for them in any position should be voted for. Please follow this voting template in ur state; If the right candidate for Senate is APC , vote APC; if for governor is PDP, vote PDP then if for president is LP, please vote LP.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Liebermantic: 7:09am On Jul 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

This is a lie. INEC hasn't updated its server since Last year.. This is a lie.
Osun new registration is around 300k.. Bayelsa is even ahead of Osun..When INEC updates its server, Osun number will fall down
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Nwabueze22: 7:10am On Jul 24, 2022
The idiot called Gwandu calling the great IPOB terrorists. While the animal himself is a pure and confirmed Bokoharam. Please can someone tell the Idiot to go read the latest verdict released by UN on Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's illegal abduction. Peter Obi or no Peter Obi, Biafra must be restored.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Liebermantic: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Osun has done it before, they voted Nuhu Ribadu as President in 2011 Because of Aregbesola's influence (that's the ONLY State ribadu won).

If Obi is a Force to reckon with, they would have voted Labour in Osun.

But Obi has no Political value unfortunately

This is the last update from INEC..It has remained like this since Last year

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Wins Northern Elders Forum’s Online Polls by Almaigaa: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2022
Another fake new from IPOB terrorist, the campaign team of Peter Obi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Result Of Presidential Online Poll / Another Blow To Igbinedion, Loses Mum In Benin / Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.