Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. (2823 Views)

Dear Parents, Before You Send You Girl Child To The University / Dear Parents!!! / I Behave And Talk Like A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by UptownVibes(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2022
Zonefree:
The economy is affecting everyone not only parents.

Some guys with numerous girlfriends are not finding it easy too. Do you know what it takes to maintain one Nigerian girlfriend?

Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ADUKKY(f): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2022
If you can, try making pap especially with the children on this long break
I made mine with just 2000 naira today and it will last us beyond a month.
Yellow corn 1 derica 300
Finger millet the red one half paint 600
Pearl millet white one half paint 600
Ginger 100
Blending 400.
Total 2000

NB. I added a small cinnamon stick, ginger and cloves. I always like to nourish my pap, I also don't sieve it. I just ask the woman blending to run it in the mill continuously until it has a very smooth paste.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by faithfull18(f): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
ahnie:
A pack of spaghetti today is pegged @,#500
Jumbo loaf is now #1070
Naija which way?
Eggs are between 1900 - 2000naira. Where's your location?cos these prices you are quoting is on the high side.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 4:35am On Aug 03, 2022
faithfull18:

Eggs are between 1900 - 2000naira. Where's your location?cos these prices you are quoting is on the high side.
Asaba
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Efeboyi: 9:34am On Aug 03, 2022
Cost of living wan kill the living shocked
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by shantti(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2022
The only thing that is still cheap is salt. I went to buy salt of 50 naira, if you see the big thing they gave me.

Sugar don cost, a cup is now #130.
Very soon buiscuits will be #100, watch
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by stacyadams: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
I bought Yale cabin for 650 in aba,even one woman wey carry pikin shout ...lol, grin
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2022
shantti:
The only thing that is still cheap is salt. I went to buy salt of 50 naira, if you see the big thing they gave me.

Sugar don cost, a cup is now #130.
Very soon buiscuits will be #100, watch
Seems the salt is bn measured right?
Because the small pack is now #70 whilst the bigger one goes for #180.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2022
A can of coca cola(less sugar) is now #250...m an addict and I think it's time I japa on this carbonated drinks.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by shantti(m): 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
ahnie:

Seems the salt is bn measured right?
Because the small pack is now #70 whilst the bigger one goes for #180.

Yeah, measured one
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
shantti:

Yeah, measured one
Dem still dey measure salt with gongoni,I find it achaic....it's kinda funny Sha.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by shantti(m): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
ahnie:

Dem still dey measure salt with gongoni,I find it achaic....it's kinda funny Sha.

It's better cos it's bigger and cheaper
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
shantti:

Cool.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Ulunne777(f): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
shantti:

It lacks iodine
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by descarado: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ahnie, you should have started early to force them eat cooked food. Money or no money, cooked food is the best for growing children, not Nigerian tea and bread. Constantly giving kids that makes them not develop well. They look dry and malnourished. They need good balanced diet for proper growth and development at this stage.

It's not too late. They will whine and adjust.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
descarado:
Ahnie, you should have started early to force them eat cooked food. Money or no money, cooked food is the best for growing children, not Nigerian tea and bread. Constantly giving kids that makes them not develop well. They look dry and malnourished. They need good balanced diet for proper growth and development at this stage.

It's not too late. They will whine and adjust.

They eat cooked foods,but they behave funny most times.as I type like this,I have a pot of spoilt spaghetti cooked yesterday noon,they just eat small towards evening time and abandoned the rest.

I just had to get these now as lunch for them.... honestly naija is killing me.

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by descarado: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
ahnie:

They eat cooked foods,but they behave funny most times.as I type like this,I have a pot of spoilt spaghetti cooked yesterday noon,they just eat small towards evening time and abandoned the rest.

I just had to get these now as lunch for them.... honestly naija is killing me.
I know darling.
Make small.
Do they love swallow like ogbono or okro?
It is well.

It is affecting us more. You won't understand.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
descarado:

I know darling.
Make small.
Do they love swallow like ogbono or okro?
It is well.

It is affecting us more. You won't understand.
Ogbonor soup yes,okra soup issa No and it must not pass that day.

M I not blessed....lolz e go better.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Sweetvie: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
You parents are really trying and I do appreciate parents. Everything is just very costly. God will keep blessing u parents and we wey never start work smiley
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by ahnie: 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
Sweetvie:
You parents are really trying and I do appreciate parents. Everything is just very costly. God will keep blessing u parents and we wey never start work smiley
Amen

1 Like

Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Eagle360(m): 8:17am On Apr 06
ahnie:
The prices of foodstuffs and provision is almost out of this world.
The economy is really biting hard on some of us with gluttonous kids grin grin.

As parent it hasn't bn easy,but we just have to keep pushing and striving hard,giving up is not an option.

I m blessed with healthy kids that loves provision than the normal food so it expected I stock more on provisions.

A jumbo loaf is finished on 2 sittings,with 4 packs of sachet Milo and 2 liquid tins of milk.

Now calculate it for a week and you go know say e nor easy.
A carton of Yale bread is now #2300 and it would last them for days not even a week,you ve not added tinned liquid milks,rolls of milo and tinned milk.

A carton of spaghetti is now #8000
A crate of egg now #2400
(2 crates per month)
Kings oil nor even go there
Indomie noodles that one nor be your mate
Little paint of custard rubber of crayfish is now

Parents in the house,seems m the only one experiencing this biting economy, please kindly share how you're faring at least make I get hope.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Royalroy

It is even cheaper then.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Eagle360(m): 8:30am On Apr 06
ahnie:
A can of coca cola(less sugar) is now #250...m an addict and I think it's time I japa on this carbonated drinks.
now #400
Hope you finally japa on it?
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Nlanalyst: 5:39pm On Apr 06
Eagle360:
now #400
Hope you finally japa on it?
Who? Ahnie? grin grin
Where she wan see money japa? With akara wey she dey fry? You are funny.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Eagle360(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06
Nlanalyst:

Who? Ahnie? grin grin
Where she wan see money japa? With akara wey she dey fry? You are funny.
akara na good business 😂
I was just wondering the level of her complain now compare to 2022.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Apr 06
ahnie:
â–  The prices of foodstuffs and provision is almost out of this world. The economy is really biting hard on some of us with gluttonous kids grin grin. As parent it hasn't bn easy,but we just have to keep pushing and striving hard,giving up is not an option. I m blessed with healthy kids that loves provision than the normal food so it expected I stock more on provisions. A jumbo loaf is finished on 2 sittings,with 4 packs of sachet Milo and 2 liquid tins of milk. Now calculate it for a week and you go know say e nor easy.
A carton of Yale bread is now #2300 and it would last them for days not even a week,you ve not added tinned liquid milks,rolls of milo and tinned milk. A carton of spaghetti is now #8000 A crate of egg now #2400 (2 crates per month) Kings oil nor even go there Indomie noodles that one nor be your mate Little paint of custard rubber of crayfish is now
#1800. Parents in the house,seems m the only one experiencing this biting economy, please kindly share how you're faring at least make I get hope.
Why not work on weaning your kids off of provisions and get them back to appreciating regular food? I mean what should folks who can't even afford provisions in these hard times and that to come be saying at this point? undecided
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Sapasenator: 3:16am On Apr 08
DenreleDave:
Although not a parent yet but mehnnn I am feeling it....

E no go better for all the politicians in Nigeria..

All of them.. Tinubu ooo, Atiku oo, Peter obi...

All of them brought Nigeria as a whole to this level

Brotherly, ego better. Take am easy and I believe you are on the right path. Imagine if you were married with kids.

It is well.
Re: Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. by Sapasenator: 3:17am On Apr 08

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dilemma--constructive Criticism Only. / Queens College Students Fight For Their Teacher- Mr Olaseni Osifala (Photos) / How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair In15 Minutes A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.