Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,316 members, 7,846,394 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! (717 Views)

Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed / 3:49 CGPA, What Is The Way Forward Please? Your Advice Is Needed. / Is 2.7 Gpa Adequate For A Masters Degree In Canada,please Your Advice Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by bolshoi: 4:00am On Jul 31, 2011
Hi,
i'm a 300l student in OOU.
I just got an opportunity to study in Europe.
I'm confused, don't know what to do.
My parents want me to go and start afresh & forget about the 4yrs i have spent in OOU.
I'm due to travel by early september.
WHAT DO YOU ADVICE PLEASE?
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by Serendipity: 7:04am On Jul 31, 2011
Ma guy, methinks that it would be better if you can defer the abroad stuff and get your first degree that is almost due. After which you can travel and get your masters, another degree etc.
If you can provide more details about your age, course in OOU, which part of Europe you are going, course to study there, etc; it might help other members to offer apt counsel, and determine whether your forfeiting your OOU course is worth it.
Peace be with you.

Hapi sunde!
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by MrGlobe(m): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2011
Guy for me I'd say it depends on the school you are going to in Europe. If its an a list university and you are sure of your finances and every thing then you just have to bump OOU and go get it. Your parents too if am correct are footing the bill. Where are you rushing to? You will still come back and meet your mates in the job market and with a slight advantage and more oppotunities cos you must have built a link in Europe and Nigeria. So think about it. Many people have graduated in your yr 1 or yr 0 and have not gotten any job placement till now so where do you want to belong and remember some people have written jamb for 6-8 yrs and still went to university afterwards. Then you spend a lesser yr studying in Europe than here. However, if it not an a list or b-list university and you r not yet sure of your finances, then sit back and complete your studies.belong and remember some people have written jamb for 6-8 yrs and still went to university afterwards. Then you spend a lesser yr studying in Europe than here. However, if it not an a list or b-list university and you r not yet sure of your finances, then sit back and complete your studies.
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by bolshoi: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
Thanks to you both.
I'm twenny, currently studying Microbiology in OOU and going to study Biological Chemistry in Austria for 3yrs. I'll study 1 and a half yrs in Austria and 1 and a half yrs in Czech Rep. It's a double degree programme.
The school ranks 6th in Austria and 600 and something in the world.

I talked about deferment with my parents but they talked me outta it because they are nt sure if i'll be finishing nxt yr cos of strike and other sturvs as i have spent 4 yrs in OOU already.

Expecting more advices.
THANKS!
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by adeibi: 12:01am On Aug 01, 2011
?
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by Serendipity: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2011
Just hope the Moderator put this in the front page,
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by frisahost(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
i would advice you to request for transit script , is anyway of proof to the school u are going to,
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by emymama(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2011
listen to a prophet! dam the europe admission for now and make sure you finish your first degree here, thereafter you may proceed to europe for your post graduate programs. to be fore warned is to b fore armed. he that has ear let him hear
Re: Your Advice Is Seriously Needed! by adeibi: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
can this topic be on front page please??

(1) (Reply)

Pls Beware / Nigerians Home And Nigerians Abroad, Who Are More Intelligent / Buy Your International Certification Training Materials @ Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.